BBB Accredited Business since 12/12/2011

Marc's Mobility, LLC

01/25/2016Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Would not credit our son with the difference if we returned the wheel chair for something appropriate for our home and the chair was purchased by him.
This chair was ordered and paid for on 11/30/2015 by our son who lives in Dallas, Oregon and placed on his credit card. The cost of this chair was $9425.00 and it was shipped to Merritt Island, Fl., and received on 12/03/15, P.O. ****. After unpacking we called Marc and he gave my husband instructions over the phone on how to operate the chair,(My husband is 77)and has started to have problems with any type of remote device and I did mention this but he assured me this wouldn't be a problem. On Friday he tried using the chair, but it is to large for our home and our rooms have many angles that it make it very difficult to maneuver, so he's unable to use this chair easily. I looked over his warranty and it states: We want you to be completely satisfied with every item that you purchase from MarcsMobility.com If you are not satisfied with a purchase, you may return most items within 30 days from date of purchase for a full refund of the purchase price, minus shipping, handling and restocking fees. Before returning any chair you must call to receive a return authorization number. Any chair returned without an authorization number will be refused and shipped back at your expense. We do, however, require you pay to ship the item back to us. Once the item is received back you will be credited the full sale price less a 15% restocking fee, the cost of the original shipping to associated with getting the item to your door. Please contact Marc with any questions about this return policy. Here are the exceptions and clarification:

(1) Products must be returned to us in their original condition and in their original packaging complete with all tags, instructions and inserts.
(2) We cannot accept returns on products that have been customized (color, finish, dimensions, upholstery, etc.).
(3) All returns and exchanges are subject to our Terms of Use.
Please contact us in order to receive complete instructions on returning goods. Once we receive your return, please allow 1-2 weeks for processing.

On Saturday 12/5/15 I called Marcs Mobility and left a message that we would like to exchange this for a mobile chair that would be much easier to operate for my husband and more suitable for his use. He returned our call early Monday 12/7/15. He stated if we drove over with the chair that we had, we could exchange it only, and even if the chair was 1500.00 he would NOT credit my son the extra money. He said there was no way he would do this as he would not be able to sell it for a long time, he then called my son in Oregon and spoke to him and told him the same thing.

This was the last time I spoke to him and I know he doesn't stand behind his warranty, stating he wants all customers satisfied. Well I cant figure out how any one could be happy, not getting credited for roughly $7800.00.
My husband has tried to use this but with little success, its just to large without destroying our furniture and walls. At this point I really don't even like the thought of an exchange, due to his attitude, but would be willing if he would credit our son the difference.

I would leave this up to Marcs Mobility, providing he would exchange this chair for another, and credit my sons account for the difference minus the restocking fee and initial shipping to our home.

The last person I spoke with was the consumer's son who purchased the chair for his parents. The son said his Dad was having trouble driving the chair because of the joystick controller knob, which when delivered to them was a goal post type knob. I told the son to go in the back pouch of the chair and put on the standard knob and this should help. The son said to me that his parents were elderly and didn't adjust well to new things, but that the chair would work out fine for them and he would work with them to help them adjust. I have never heard that the chair was too big for their home. All specifications for the chair are given before purchase to help ensure this is not a problem. As to the customers desire to trade for another chair, all joystick controllers are basically the same and the customer would have the same problem. The son is the one who paid for the chair for his parents. He has not contacted me once asking for a refund,he just said for me not to worry about it, he was okay with the purchase and that he would work this out with his parents and help them with this chair.
In addition as stated in our return policy it says:
If you are not satisfied with a purchase, you may return most items within 30 days from date of purchase, it doesn't say return all items it says most items.
It is my opinion that this is a chair that has many functions that the consumer is having trouble adapting to but that this powerchair functions as any standard power wheelchair would and if the consumer just uses the standard features it should fit their needs.

Upon returning the wheelchair, Marcs Mobility was very accommodating in fitting my husband with a chair that was much easier for him to operate. They were very helpful in all areas, including taking care of the returned chair and seeing that once the (returned) chair is sold, our sons funds will be returned.
I am very appreciative of the help received from the BBB and Marc's Mobility.
Many Thanks