BBB Accredited Business since 09/28/2009

Winter Park Roofing, Inc.

2 complaints closed with BBB in last 3 years | 2 closed in last 12 months

02/03/2016Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

The repair they done did not fix the problem.
I have a leak in my roof and I called them out they told it was around my vent; and wanted 475.00 to fix it I told them to fix the leak. The leak is not fix because it is leaking in the same spot as when I called them out the first time. They sent their foreman out and now I was told it is in the valley. They want additional 800.00 to fix the leak that I already paid to have fixed. They told they would send the first person that gave me the estimate (George)back to check it again.
That was on 12/3/15 I never heard from them again.
They want to put a tarp on the roof. I did not pay 475.00 to have a tarp put on my roof. I could done that myself for a lot less money. I paid the bill on 9/25/25 ck#***. I would like to to fix the leak or refund me half of my money.

for them to fix the leak or refund me half of my money.

Due to the BBB having an old email I was just notified of the customer complaint
The repair that was completed was near the dead valley. We replaced a 4x4 area around the lead boot where there was an active leak.
When the customer called to let us know there was water intrusion, our foreman went out and discovered the valley was now leaking. He advised we could replace the entire dead valley for $800 (1/2 price), if we did less that he would continue to have problems. Our foreman then offered to tarp the area at no cost to the customer. Customer declined both, and last week our office received this BBB request.
We did as the customer requested and refunded 50% of the cost of repair as he had to wait on our response.

01/22/2016Guarantee / Warranty Issues | Read Complaint Details

We request reimbursement of $450.00 of roof repair, $100 credit for future ceiling repair and continued provision of roof warranty.
Below is what happened between us and Winter Park Roofing:
1. We purchased the house with a new flat roof under warranty in 2015. (The house has both first floor flat roof and second floor shingle roof. The single roof is not new or under warranty.). The new flat roof is one of the incentives that we made the purchase.
2. When we moved in, we found out a leaking problem under one area of the flat roof. The flat roof is under warranty by Winter Park Roofing Inc.
3. Since late July early August 2015, we started communication (multiple phone calls and text messages) with their designated roofer from Winter Park Roofing who came to the property 3 times based on our requests. He didn't fix the leak the first time, then he started to claim it's not the roof problem.
4. It rains almost every day in Orlando this summer. The leaking got worse. When we cut out the impacted ceiling, there were tons of ants, which truly scared us. We had no other choices but to get several free estimations from BBB accredited roofing companies in Orlando and eventually hired one BBB accredited roofing company to fix the problem. The repair cost us $450.00.
5. Before we signed the repair proposal with the second roofing company, we communicated again with the roofer of Winter Park Roofing (I have text messages and emails as proof) and asked whether our warranty will be impacted and whether he is willing to fix the problem (At that point, we still hope they will fix it for us) and told them we will request reimbursement from them if we have to use other roofing company. We also sent the estimate from the second roofing company to him based on his request on September 17th (note: the real repair turned out to be simpler than initially estimated). I told him that it basically rains every day, and we really wanted the problem to be fixed as soon as possible to prevent further damage to the house. But I never heard any response from him and I had to sign the repair proposal with the second roofing company.
6. The leaking problem is fixed and I informed the designated roofer to request the reimbursement. He asked me to call the office to speak to the boss. I was treated very rudely on the phone. Winter Park Roofing Inc. refused to compensate us for the cost of the repair and they told us that we lost our warranty because another company touched the roof. (The second company did not actually touch the roof, but to seal the edge better.) We had a hard time understanding the logic of the Winter Park Roofing company. They refused to fix the roof under warranty for us and at the same time took away our warranty (which still runs another 9 years or so) because another BBB accredited roofing company did the repair. We cannot live in a leaking house (a huge investment for us), but do nothing about it.

We request:
1. a check reimbursement for the repair of the flat roof in the amount of $450.00
2. a check in the amount of $100 for the upcoming repair of the ceiling. Or Winter Park Roofing fixes our ceiling themselves. We will wait until we are sure all the woods inside ceiling are dry to do the job.
3. We need their continued provision of warranty.

Contact Name and Title: ****** B*** office manage
Contact Email:*****************************
Below is our response to Mrs. *****.
1. The warranty was not transferrable.
2. The roof was not under warranty and our warranty is non transferrable, however when she called we told her we would come out and look.
3. Mrs. ***** called the office I let her know the warranty was not transferrable, but told her we would send out our foreman. He arrived and was shown where Mrs. *****'s husband had gotten on the roof and smeared asphalt sealant (a non compatible compound) over the modified roofing we had installed.
Our foreman clearly explained the leak was not a roof issue and what the spouse applied to the roof was not a compatible product. He was crystal clear it was the siding causing the leak issue. The spouse became angry insisting it was the roof, even grabbing our foremans arm when he attempted to walk away from him yelling.
4.When I spoke to Mrs. ***** she indicated the new roofing company had to seal at the wall, just as our foreman had indicated.
5. We have these text as well and we never agreed to pay another company to repair her roof.
6. Mrs. ***** states here that this was not a roofing problem "the other company did not touch the roof"
Also, If there was a transferrable warranty (which there was not) her spouse would have been the one to have voided smearing asphalt on the roof.
There is no warranty on her roof from Winter Park Roofing, Inc. the warranty was with the previous owner and stated not transferrable.
We are always willing to help and have assisted many customers over the years, at times with no charge at all, however Mrs. ***** and her husband were unreasonable and her husband even went to far as to lay hands on my foreman. That is completely unacceptable.
I have attached photos of what teh husband did to the flat roofing as well as a picture of the siding area showing where water was getting in.

First of all, we were never told the roof warranty is not transferrable. The winter park roofing sent the 10 year warranty paperwork to me. I took that as a sign that the roof is still under warranty (the warranty paper is not attached because our information will be showing to the public. If needed, I can cover the address and upload it). This is the first time I knew that the roof warranty is not transferrable. I don't understand why they did not make it clear to us at the beginning. We will definitely not wait this long to fix the roof problem if they told so at the beginning. If they told me earlier, I will not even bother to ask them to check the problem of the roof.
Second, it's a great insult for them to say that my husband grabbed somebody in his arm. He felt outrageous that someone can say that. He never does it due to his education and religion.
Third, the foreman insisted it's a siding issue not roof. We felt lucky that we did not take his advice to tear siding apart because it's not a siding problem.
Fourth, my husband did try to fix the roof leak problem himself before we "knew the roof is under warranty" by using asphalt purchased from *********. The staff from winter park roofing saw it the first time but we were never told by it's problematic until now.
Anyway, since now they say the warranty is not transferrable, we are not going to be in business with Winter Park Roofing in the future. I suggest them have clearer communication with their future customers.

We made effort to help this customer, showing up and explaining what was wrong. We have pictures proving that her leak did not come from the flat roof area.
The Contractor she hired afterward clearly states on his invoice and Mrs. ***** confirms above in her complaint that he had to seal the wall.
Mrs. ***** also confirms in the her complaint that the other roofer did not touch the roof.
This is simply a case of a customer who bought an older home and has her hands full. That is why we initially went out. I am quite positive that a home inspection would have been completed before the purchase and the work we had done to the home previously passed *** home inspection as well as the county inspection as it was permitted.
We are always happy to help out individuals in need, however Mr. ***** did in fact grab my foremans arm which is unacceptable.
We proudly stand on our reputation and have many happy customers.

Roofing Contractors, Contractor - Flat Roof, Water Damage Restoration, Fire Damage Restoration, Fire & Water Damage Restoration, Construction & Remodeling Services, Home Improvements - Additions, Home Improvements, Building Contractors