Agreement was granted to me by *** ******* of******* to complete remaining work after I paid in full. He is not returning my phone calls or texts.
I was promised, in writing, a one year warranty on the contractual work that was completed on our house. On November 7, 2014 I wrote a final check to *** ******* for the work that******* completed. I was given a verbal agreement by *** ******* that he would complete the few remaining issues and incorrectly completed work. The grout is cracking around our fireplace, there are holes in the floor, two mirrors were hung incorrectly, there is a hole in the wall in the bathroom, a wall in the master bath needs to be touched-up and there is an incorrectly installed door stop which has caused a hole in the laundry room wall. I have called, texted and left messages on his phone multiple times over the last month. I have received no correspondence or retuned call. The one year warranty I was promised has not been honored. This is disappointing and extremely unprofessional.
I want the remaining work, that I paid for, to be completed.
First of all, I would like to make it clear that all work on the contract was completed and to Mrs. ******'s satisfactory at the time the completion check was given which was November 7, 2014. This was given after several punch lists had been completed. The only item left was a piece of granite that had not been installed, which was being done by another contractor, and my Plumber needed to return to hook up lavatory faucet once granite was installed. I received a text on November 13, 2014 that the granite had been installed. The earliest I could get my plumber out was November 18 when he hooked up the plumbing for the lavatory faucet.
RyCass Remodel grants a one-year warranty on all workmanship. We will certainly honor this. I will address each item individually:
1. "The grout is cracking around our fireplace..." This is the first I am hearing of this. We would be happy to address any issues with fireplace.
2. "There are holes in the floor..." Again, this is the first I am hearing of this. We would be happy to address any issues with floor.
3. "2 mirrors were hung incorrectly..." Again, these mirrors were hung for many days and some many weeks prior to completing the job and this is the first I am hearing that they were hung incorrectly. I hung them personally and am confident they were hung correctly but would be happy to address these if necessary.
4. "Hole in the bathroom..." Again, no hole was in the bathroom wall when we completed the work, obviously. We would be happy to address this but this is certainly not a warranty issue.
5. "A wall in the Master Bath needs to be touched-up..." The Master Bath walls have been addressed numerous times and after many attempts I had thought we had met Mrs. ******'s satisfaction. Two times we went back there was obvious damage to the walls that was not there when we had completed that area. Once by her Vanity installer and once by her granite installer. We fixed these issues without a problem, and did not charge Mrs. ****** for this. We would be happy to address this again but this is certainly not a warranty issue.
6. "There is an incorrectly installed door stop which has caused a hole in the laundry room wall..." This doorstop was installed just like all the other door stops in the house. A couple of weeks after installation, the door stop had been pulled from the baseboard and a hole was made in the wall. We reinstalled the doorstop, patched the damaged wall and repainted. At that time I mentioned to Mrs. ****** that somehow this doorstop must have got bent, stepped on, etc., but again fixed it with issue. We would be happy to address this again but this is certainly not a warranty issue.
Again, our warranty covers workmanship. If there is something a member of RyCass installed that fails due to a workmanship issue, the one year warranty covers that. Holes in walls, broken doorstops that occur after completion are not covered under our warranty. We will be happy to fix these items at our regular labor charge. I will also be happy to take a look at items #1-3 and address any concerns Mrs. ****** has.
"I have called, texted and left messages on his phone multiple times over the last month. I have received no correspondence or retuned call..." The last correspondence I had with Mrs. ****** was on Wednesday, November 19. I left for a 2 week vacation to the Florida Keys on Thursday November 20 and returned Friday December 5. I returned to the office on Monday December 8. During this time there were numerous messages from Mrs. ******. On Sunday December 7, I received notice of this complaint with the BBB. I am concerned with contacting Mrs. ****** until this issue with BBB is resolved. Please advise me as the best way to proceed. As you can see we have an outstanding record with the BBB as well as many other organizations. I look forward to hearing back from you on this issue and bringing this to a resolution.
(The consumer indicated he/she DID NOT accept the response from the business.)
Incorrect. The last correspondence was on the 17th. It's not the first time these issues were mentioned. They are in my text history. It was also discussed with *** that there was additional work that needed to be completed. I was given a verbal agreement by ***, while submitting the final payment, that the work would be completed. I tried calling/ texting for over a month. The last I spoke with *** was the day the plumber came. He said he would come later that day, but never showed up. The bathroom wall with the hole in it is the same wall that needs to be retouched by Rycass because it was poorly patched. The hole in the laundry room wall is from a poorly installed door stop, which was last replaced by *** himself. It is not bent. The hole that the doorstop is supposed to insert into is too large. I asked him when it fell out, which was the second time, if it would stay in. He said yes. Obviously that was incorrect. The wall in the master bath was mentioned at the time of payment. A mirror in the smaller bath was hung crooked. A second mirroring the master bath has glue showing where I specifically told *** I did not want it. He said he would fix it. He didn't. I would like these issues addressed, but I've already paid for this work. I don't think I should have to pay for it again. The issues listed are no fault of mine.
Final Business Response
We are meeting with Mrs. ****** on Friday 1/23, so hopefully we will have a resolution at that time.
Final Consumer Response
(The consumer indicated he/she ACCEPTED the response from the business.)
The work was completed satisfactorily. I am pleased with the results.