Keller Williams Classic Realty

10/25/2013Advertising / Sales Issues | Read Complaint Details

Realtor refused to take counter offer to home buyer because it would affect his commission. Hidden charges were placed in the contract.
During home sale negotiations realtor refused to take a counter offer to the home buyer because it would have lowered his commission. Realtor hid a $500 buyer credit in the contract and did not mention it. Realtor repeatedly manipulated the home sales price with buyer credits that would have increased his commission and my costs. Realtor acquired a home inspection that required safety upgrades 1) set steel posts in the concrete slab inside a residential garage to protect AC and hot water heater but would have blocked opening the door to the house interior 2) back flow valves were needed on grey water spigots to keep back flow from contaminating the separate potable water system, home inspector did not recognize two separate systems side by side in place 3)all smoke detectors worked yet still needed to be replaced 4) whole house shut off needed to be installed, inspector failed to look behind bush where it was 5) heating system 'appeared to malfunction' (either it works or it doesn't, it tested fine before and after the home inspection, this vague wording reopened negotiations and lowered the selling price by $1500. Realtor used high pressure tactics stating that everything listed in the home inspection was now a known defect, would need to be disclosed in any future negotiation and the house would never get as high an offer as the current one. During negotiations realtor called my wife 'rude', and said I was a difficult client because I kept correcting his intentional 'mistakes' to inflate the selling price with buyer credits attempting to increase his commission.

I would like the keller williams realty office to review this realtor's unethical, high pressure and dishonorable practices. In every interaction I felt I was working with a pickpocket.

I am sorry to hear you had an unpleasant experience with one of our agents. We aim to deliver the highest quality of service to all of our customers and want to be sure our agent partners are in accordance with our standards. I would however need to know the property address that was sold or the name of the agent in question to further look into this case.

As I previously stated, I want Keller Williams to be aware of this complaint, to review the realtors practice. I also want it listed publicly that the realtor used unethical, high pressure and dishonorable practices. This transaction was 'for sale by owner'. Advantage Real Estate was only used to list the property on the MLS. Realtor ***** ***** was aware of this and tried repeatedly to manipulate the transaction to increase his commission and otherwise trick us out of money.

Hello,
My records indicate our client we represented in the transaction was a Mr. *********** and Mrs. ******* (Buyers). The sellers on this transaction are a ********* ******* and ********* ******** If these two sellers of this property have a complaint I would request it comes from them with a more detailed account of events that transpired. I am a little confused by the description that was given. I see that the Sellers were represented by a ***** ****** with Advantage Real Estate. If the seller feels they were not represented properly they should speak to the broker of Advantage to help you resolve any issues. It seems we did our best to represent our client but unfortunately we do not have a representation agreement with the seller or a fiduciary or duty to them either. I would be more than happy to speak to the Broker of advantage realty to get any issues resolved. It looks as though this transaction closed sometime near the end of August. I wish if there was a problem that needed to be handled your agent or broker would have consulted with us then.

Real Estate, Real Estate Services, Real Estate Consultants, Real Estate Agents