ZRS Management LLC

23 complaints closed with BBB in last 3 years | 13 closed in last 12 months

04/07/2016Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

I have contacted this company several times concerning there problems with my heat in my apartment which has not been addressed. Currently w/o heat.
February 2, 2015 no heat. Now no heat again after heat had to be turned off related to gas leak. Emergency line called and no response. My apartment us located at ***************************** in Atlanra, GA.

For my heat to be fixed correctly and gas furnace to be fixed correctly because it is also leaking. Coporate has been called several times and they only contacted front office but problem has not been 4esolved. Wrong tubing on furnace and loose bolts on heat furnace. Write up done by ********************.

Contact Name and Title: Stephanie K****** - RM
Contact Phone:***********
Contact Email: **************************
Ms. ******* did call the emergency maintenance on 3/19/16, however she advised the maintenance supervisor that she had already called the gas company. Furthermore, Ms. ******* stated that she didn't want anyone out until Monday 3/21 and the furnace had been turned off. The maintenance supervisor was at the property on Sunday 3/20 for another emergency and stopped by *** and asked if he could take a look at it since he was already out on property. Ms. ******* denied telling him that she didn't want anyone out until Monday. On Monday 3/21, the supervisor entered the apartment, used the leak detector and found no leaks on the furnace. Furnace was re-lit and working properly. The site furthermore hired a third party contractor *************** to ensure there were no further issues. This was scheduled with the resident on Friday 3/25. Per the contractor, (service report included), no leaks were found and the unit was working correctly. We apologize for any discomfort caused to Ms. *******, however all proper protocol was followed.

Third party was called to apartment to check out residence.

02/08/2016Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

I am seeking $200 deposit to be refunded to me immediately due to false reasons of damage to carpet and that I do not owe ************************* $18.90. Please see attached photos.On or about November 11, 2015 at 11am Ed D****, Maintenance Supervisor and I were scheduled and completed a walk through inspection of apartment. We agreed there were no damages. ************************* has a personal vendetta toward me through a series of acts, one of which was a 7 day notice to cure noncompliance(10\/16\/15) regarding my dogs disturbing neighbors because I chose to break my lease without penalty, move (9\/15\/15) and not repay pet fees if I decided to transfer units there. A petition was signed by neighbors contradicting this allegation (10\/16\/15), which resulted in one neighbor of approximately 10 or 11 saying that it was my dogs disturbing neighbors when there were other dogs in the building. The notice (10\/11\/15) prior to the 7 day notice alleged my dogs barked after 10pm- 7am, which was a lie and I am home during those hours to sleep. Next, I am called while at work (10\/16\/15) while a guest was in my home approximately 2 pm stating my dogs were barking out of control when that was not the case. Prior to that phone call on same day (10\/16\/15), the leasing office staff asked neighbors about my dogs approximately noon. This is an attempt to collect money for not staying with ************************* and petition against 7 day notice. There were no damages, so $200 should be refunded to me. No $18.90 should be owed. Carpet only had normal usage. \r\n\r\n************************* needs to provide evidence of carpet damage and indication that was my unit.

Refund.

Contact Name and Title: Dawn P****, Regional Mgr
Contact Phone: 407-644-6300
Contact Email:**********************
The new carpet was installed 1 week prior to your move-in at *************************. We have photos of the backside of the carpet from where your pets urinated on the carpet. We will be happy to share these photos with you. The condition of your carpet upon move-out has nothing to do with the 7-day notice you referenced in your complaint. If you would like to discuss this further or email me separately I would be more than happy to communicate.

************************* needs to provide proof of new carpet installment prior to 2-14-15, proof of damage under carpet and that the damage was in my unit. They also need to provide carpet replacement proof after 11-13-15. A walk through was done with maintenance and the maintenence staff looked under carpet. There was no damage. There was no reason to inspect under the carpet but only to not refund my deposit. I have already requested in the initial part of this claim proof of damage from ************************* but I will not communicate separately because ************************* is unethical in their business practices prior to this BBB complaint and continue to be unethical.

Good Afternoon,
As stated above, we are agreeing to waive all cost related to your move out charges, leaving your account with a zero balance and refund the $200 security deposit. In return we are asking for you to sign a mutual agreement releasing the community and the management company from further obligations pertaining to this matter. Your check is prepared and ready for pick up once the mutual agreement has been signed and returned to us.

I accept only the $ 200 refund and leaving my account at zero balance. I do not agree to all the other terms in the mutual agreement however, I will sign it indicating same for ZRS management to release the $200 refund check. This management company has acted in bad faith. I will sign mutual agreement sometime between 2/6/16-2/12/16.

01/13/2016Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

I am very disappointed with the lack of attention and service provided by ************** personnel.
Hope you're doing well. I am a little frustrated since my move into ************** and I think it that maybe I should now put everything in writing and hope that something can be done!

Problem #1:
My first problem was that I viewed a model apartment and was told that my apartment would be the same exact thing. Needless to say it wasn't. I asked Michelle (I think that's her name) after I received my keys about this and she said that unfortunately I didn't get an upgraded apartment. I followed up with wanting to know why would I be told this if it would not be true, and I didn't pursue the conversation as I did not want to make this into such a big deal. I did not make this an issue.

Problem #2:
The apartment that I was given had a very rusty shower curtain and thankfully this was rectified. I also realized that the tiles in the shower and downstairs as you enter were very dirty that I had to scrub and take out all of the stains. I did not make this an issue.

Problem #3:
When I viewed the model apartment, I knew that there were shelves in the pantry for my detergent etc and of course, there is none in this apartment. This and other features (the bathroom flooring) were deciding factors for me moving in. Even though I did not get what I wanted, I still did not make this an issue.

Problem #4:
I requested a copy of my lease and Michelle said that it she can email it to me as you were not in the office at that time to sign it. She said by the next day that I would have the lease signed and she verified my email address. That was on December 15th. I still haven't received it and yet I have not made this an issue.

Problem #5:
On December 26th I went online and put in a request for my pantry shelf to be fixed. When I moved in on the 2nd and started putting my groceries on the shelf, I realized that the shelf was broken. Today is January 4th and the work order still shows 'work in progress'.

I am of course very frustrated since my move in. I don't know what I should do, but if the next 11 months are going to reflect my first month here, I would like to discuss either having simple things being rectified or me getting my money back for this apartment as I am very unhappy.

************** need to address the issues outlined and some form of contact needs to be made by them. I am very unhappy and yet I have to pay the full rent.

Please find the below response:

Problem 1: Resident came into the leasing office a few days after moving in. I asked how everything was going and she said good, but was a little disappointed that she didn't receive a unit with "hard wood flooring." I explained to her that none of our units have hard wood floors although some have faux wood flooring which is actually a laminate. She said when she first came, she saw a unit with the wood floors and was told hers would look the same way. I apologized that she was misinformed and looked in our system to see if I had a unit I could transfer her to that had the laminate flooring. I explained to her I didn't show having one available until (I believe it was March). She said it was fine, but didn't understand why she was told she would have it. I stated that unfortunately the person who was assisting her is no longer working with the company, so I'm unable to find out what was discussed. However, not all of our units are upgraded the same. Most of them have the ceramic tile, but if a unit was upgraded while occupied, they installed laminate floor since laying tile is more difficult with residents living inside. She shrugged her shoulders and said ok. I told her if she wasn't completely happy with the conditions of the unit I could refund her move in money.

In her comments under problem #1, she says she viewed the model apartment and was told her apartment would be the exact same thing. If this was the case, her apartment would have tile floors which is exactly what she has in her unit. The only concerns she had that evening was that her apartment had tile floor and not laminate. I never stated that she did not have an upgraded apartment seeing as all our units are upgraded, just some are upgraded differently than others.

Problem 2: She came to the office and asked if her shower rod could be replaced because it was rusted and also stated she had holes in the walls of her closet. Maintenance took care of her work orders within 24 hours.

Problem 3: None of her concerns addressed to myself directly included anything in this section. I'm not fully understanding which shelf she is speaking of. She states that although she did not get what she wanted, she didn't make it an issue. However, if she addressed these concerns, we may have been able to better assist her.

Problem 4: I'm assuming I'm being referred to as "Michelle" seeing that I was the one assisting her. She came in one day asking for a copy of her lease. I informed her that the property manager wasn't in (She was on vacation), so her lease hadn't been signed yet. I explained if she needed the lease copy for drivers license or anything to that nature, they might not accept a lease that isn't signed. She said it was for her renters insurance. I told her I could provide a copy of the lease without the signature and if she needed it signed I could let her know when the property manager returns. She said ok that's fine. I provided her with the copy of the lease and she reassured me that the copy would be fine. She didn't think the renters insurance company needed the signature, he just needed paper work showing her name and address to match her renters insurance policy. I asked her if there was anything else I could do for her and she said "no, this is it." I did tell her if for any reason they needed the signature to please let me know and I'll be sure to have the manager sign it when she returns. I never told her I would email the lease. That's not standard practice for myself. Anytime someone asks to email a lease I tell them "unfortunately, since it is a legal document, copies must be picked up in person."

Problem 5: The resident states she put in a service request for a pantry shelf. I'm unaware of her request since it was placed online. However, we suffered the loss of our maintenance technician who passed away that Monday. This left us short staffed with only our Maintenance supervisor on site who was admitted to the hospital shortly after. The resident sent an email to the property manager, regarding her pantry shelf that was still pending completion after a few days. The manager contacted her immediately. Being down maintenance, we requested assistance from another property. The property manager advised the resident her shelf would be fixed on Wednesday, which it was.

Comments on her closing thoughts: When this resident first expressed her dissatisfaction with the floors (which was her primary concern), I checked to see if I had a unit available I might be able to transfer her to. When I didn't have one, I offered a full refund of her move in costs. Her demeanor and response to the offer showed in such a way as though she wasn't interested in moving out, she just wanted it to be known that she was under the impression she would be having laminate floor instead of ceramic tile. I apologized several times that her unit wasn't everything she thought it would be and told her if there was anything else I could do for her to please let me know. The only other concern she came to me with was a rusted shower rod and holes in her closet (which ended up being the concrete structure). The shower rod was addressed right away.

In response to my concerns, the only reason I am accepting this is because I don't want to make this a bigger issue than it already is as I am studying and getting my doctorate in conflict resolution, so I'm going to practice it.
However for the record, I was (1) never offered a full refund of my move in cost; (2) she said if I wanted to have the lease emailed, she would and even confirmed my email address by looking into a folder. She did say that it was not their policy but she would; (3) the manager did not contact me right away, I had to call her the next day to see if she received my email complaint and she said she was going to follow up on the pantry issues and she did have it rectified by the next day.

12/18/2015Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Ed should be fired as well as Autumn and Celeste. They are incompetent. Ed is a pathological liar and Autumn isn't any better.
Every time that we have placed a service ticket with Celeste, it never gets taken care of. Ed always says that it was taken care of and closes the ticket. We tell Autumn this and she looks into it, orders Ed to have someone come out and fix something, they put a notice on our door that they are going to enter our apartment within 24 hours and they never show up. I email Autumn to let her know and to get a status update and she doesn't respond.

We have been here since June 2015 and our front door still doesn't close and seal properly. Instead of hiring a professional to fix it, they try to do it themselves and have not been successful. Our bottom lock unlocks by itself and our door has been found wide open by our neighbors and the police, but it still doesn't seem to be a priority to Autumn or Ed to get it fixed. It has been over a month since i have gotten a response from Autumn.

Today was the straw that broke the camel's back. Our dishwasher will not work. They have staff today, including maintenance staff. They refuse to fix things on the weekend and insist on us being home for repairs. We are uncertain if there is a short in the wiring or water that is leaking, but they will not send someone out to take a look, because they don't perform "non-emergency" maintenance on the weekend.

I want my front door replaced, since they cannot seem to be able to fix it. I pay too much money for this apartment for us to be in fear that someone may be able break in (well not really break, since the door doesn't always lock properly).

I also would like to see Ed, Autumn, and Celeste fired for their incompetence and for creating more problems than fixing them.

Contact Name and Title: Autumn B*****
Contact Email: *************************
RE: Case # ********
Consumer Info: ****************

To whom it may concern:

The following is in response to the above case mentioned. Consumer submitted four (4) service requests between June 18, 2015 - October 25, 2015 regarding his front door; i.e. not sealing properly, gaps, weather strip replacement and not opening or closing properly. Maintenance inspected and made necessary repairs and replacement to front door with corresponding notes on each service request which are attached. All repairs were completed per ZRS standards. Consumer currently has one (1) open service request from October 25, 2015 regarding his front door. At that time management ordered a new metal front door including frame. The front door is a special order and takes several weeks for delivery. Maintenance notified consumer on Friday December 4, 2015 that a new door has been ordered. Management updated Consumer on Monday December 14, 2015 that the new door is expected to be delivered on Friday December 18, 2015 and will be installed by Saturday December 19, 2015. Management advised additional communication will be given and appropriate notices posted on door confirming installation throughout the week. Consumer was pleased.

Respectfully,

Autumn B*****
Property Manager
*********
******************
Plantation, Fl. 33324

Management has stepped up their game. This has been a horrible case of miscommunication. The definitely have to work their communication with residents.

03/03/2015Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

my girlfriend and I went to a rental property of there's called ******** at ******* Apartments. and were treated like we were unwanted.
As soon as we walked in we felt there was a problem there was no customer service. The assist property manager told the property manager in their own words that she (my Girlfriend) will be getting the apartment and I will be staying there without putting my name on the lease. This was said before any one spoke to us. Mind you I know are not a crime to help someone go apartment shopping. So my girlfriend brought in the documents and the deposit that they were asking for and here come the scrutinizing. The property manager made it know from the start that she didn't want us there. She started questioning every document she brought in and was making facial expressions. At times she was talking slow as if we were hard of hearing or slow. The property manager kept insisting that she come back to finish the application since one of the document she needed was not enough. These apartments are on a waiting list so. If we were to leave and come back later, 2-3 no people may have move up on us. All and all this has been the worst experience shopping for an apartment that we have ever encountered. There is more but I don't want them to retaliate on her. I left the regional manager a message and waiting for a response.

not wanting a settlement, just would like a equal opportunity to apply for the apartment.

On February 6, 2015 the applicant and her boyfriend, Mr. *** visited ******** apartments in order to submit an application for residency. ******** is an income restricted community. All applicants must undergo a thorough income verification process to verify proof of household income in order ensure that the household is not exceeding the income limit set by Florida Housing. While reviewing the application and associated paperwork for this particular applicant, we discovered that some of the paperwork necessary for us to determine the annual household income was missing. It is the office staff's responsibility to ensure all required documents are submitted with the application. Due to the applicant's concern that another applicant could get ahead of her on the waitlist, we accepted her application on February 6, 2015 and advised her of further documentation that would still be required. The information provided on the application is confidential and will only be discussed with the applicant. We will not discuss application details with friends or family members of the applicant and we do this in order to protect the applicant's confidentiality. I apologize for Mr. ***'s frustration and appreciate the feedback and the opportunity to improve on the customer service that we provide to our applicants, guests and residents. I will use this feedback to find ways to improve our service. However, please understand that I can only discuss the status of an application with the person who is applying for the apartment. If you have any further comments or would like to speak more in detail about the situation, please contact me by phone at XXX-XXX-XXXX or by email at *********@zrsmanagement.com.

While I do understand Ms. ******** views on applicant's confidentiality, let's no get things twisted. First off the customer service was horrible. Neither employee even cracked a smile while assisting her with the application process; it seems more like she was more of a bother to Ms. ********* Now as for the documentation, my girlfriend fax the documentations asked by Ms. ********* But like I said the customer service was bad. So she never received the confirmation from Ms. ******** stating the she received the faxes. My girlfriend called multiple times to check if faxes was received and no one answered, that why the next day she made copies and had myself take them to Ms. ********* And let no forget the Ms. ******** call her job to verify employment and wages (understandable) but harassing the HR manager to fax you the employees' wages, when she states repeatedly that she can verify to you verbally but it is against the law for any HR office to give out employee wages through fax of email. Then Ms. ******** told the HR manager that since she didn't want to fax the wages over (even though she was giving 6 up to date pay check subs), the application process would stop. And please save it, it's a waiting list. Of course everyone is trying get on the list, if that was the case Ms. ******** had no problem taking the $500 needed even though the paperwork wasn't all there. Bottom line all the paperwork was there, that wasn't the reason, and if it was missing then there goes bad customer service again because she was never notified. Please don't try to customer service me.

03/11/2016Billing / Collection Issues | Read Complaint Details

Left ********** Apartments due to a toxic/odorous smell next to the apartment, after numerous repeated attempts to allow them to resolve the issue.
Early in 2015, I moved into an apartment complex managed by ZRS Management (***************************** - Winter Springs, FL 32708). About 2-3 weeks after moving in, I was overwhelmed by a smell coming from near the apartment. After additional investigation, I learned that there was a very small water treatment facility adjacent to my new building. I mentioned something to the office, and just hoped that the smell would go away. It did not, and after a few days, I decided to visit the office at the location. I spoke with a representative, and after physically escorting her to outside my apartment, she agreed that the smell was unacceptable, and went as far as to say that she would never live there herself.

I maintained contact with the office looking for a resolution, and at one point even been told that action was taken, but the smell was still horrible. It was like living inside a port-a-potty. The smell permeated throughout the house, and I was too embarrassed to have guests over. It was so bad, that my then-girlfriend completely refused to move in with me. You could smell it outside, in the house, and even on my clothes when I went to work.

In one instance, I had to leave for a business trip from Orlando to Philadelphia. After the flight when I got settled, while unpacking, I could STRONGLY smell the smell coming out of my luggage. It was all over my clothes.

At this point, I decided that I could no longer live in the unit, and went to speak with the front office. Yessenia L****** was very nice about the situation, but was unable to offer to move me into another similar unit. I was not provided with any other option, the only resolution was to "wait and see if the City can do something about it."

This was after speaking with Yesenia's manager, the Property Manager of that location. It was clear that there was nothing else I could do at this point, and discussed breaking the lease with Yesenia, as I simply could and would not live in those conditions any longer.

Yesenia said it would be possible to put me on a payment plan to take care of the remaining balance, but the next phone call I received was from a collection agency demanding payment of the $1000 owed to **********. I informed the collection agency that I would be filing a report with the Better Business Bureau, but they are continuing to call me up to 10 times a day. I will be filing a complaint about their office as well, since I have received calls before and after the FCC allowed times, and as well as for harassment (calling 10-20 times a day, even when they are aware of the situation).

Upon receiving the final invoice, it appears that not only were ZRS Management charging me for time I did not live in the dwelling, they also kept the entire deposit, and to be honest, that was after leaving the apartment in BETTER CONDITION than it was in when I originally moved in. I possess before and after photographs of the unit which clearly show that there was no damage to the apartment, and no reason to keep my deposit in full, without listing a reason on the final paperwork. The only reason listed for move-out, was 'unhappiness.'

I have photo evidence, as well as testimonial evidence from others who visited me during my time in **********. Honestly, the only evidence that should be needed, is to go stand outside of *********************, and wait for the overwhelming stench to hit you. I would be more than willing to meet a representative there to discuss this claim.

If a member of ZRS Management fully suggests that there is not a problem or smell, and it would be totally acceptable for them to live there in its current condition, I will drop this claim. I say this because no one would agree to live in those conditions, especially for the price I was paying, and the area I was in.

I would like ZRS Management to negate any outstanding balances owed to **********, and to advise their collections agency that the debt has been resolved.

I think this is a fair request, as I was billed for time not living in the apartment. Also, my full deposit was kept, even though the unit was in pristine condition when I left, and I have photographic evidence to support these claims.

Mr. ******,

I am in receipt of your complaint. I can be reached at my office 407-644-6300 to discuss further if you wish to contact me. I have attached a copy of your lease agreement and lease buy out for your reference.

I would like to re-open this case, as I have still not heard back from ZRS regarding my updated invoice.

I will try to contact Becky again today (1/28/16).

02/12/2016Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

TERRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE-IMMORAL COMPANY-I WAS NOT PAID MONEY DUE TO ME FOR A REFERRAL- MANAGEMENT NOT RETURNING PHONE CALLS. DONT DO BUSINESS!!!
I AM A REALTOR THAT REFERRED MY CLIENTS TO ONE OF ZRS PROPERTIES IN ************************* (MANAGED BY ZRS MANAGEMENT, LLC). MY CLIENTS RENTED FROM THE PROPERTY AND IN TURN MY BROKERAGE WAS DUE A REFERRAL FEE OF $500. WHEN I CALLED ********** TO LET THEM KNOW THAT I WAS REFERRING SOMEONE TO THEIR PROPERTY, THE $500 REFERRAL FEE WAS RECONFIRMED AND NO OTHER INFORMATION WAS PROVIDED TO ME DURING THAT PHONE CALL. MY CLIENTS CONTACTED ********** DIRECTLY AFTER LEARNING ABOUT THE PROPERTY FROM ME AND MY RESEARCH (MY CLIENTS ARE FROM A DIFFERENT STATE). DURING MY SECOND PHONE CALL TO FOLLOW UP WITH THE LEASING CONSULTANT AND ENSURE THEIR APPLICATION WAS GOING SMOOTHELY, I WAS INFORMED THAT I WOULDNT BE RECEIVING THE REFERRAL FEE SINCE I DID NOT PHYSICALLY BRING MY CLIENTS IN TO THE PROPERTY AND REGISTER THEM PRIOR. I EXPLAINED THAT MY CLIENTS WERE FROM OUT OF TOWN AND THIS WAS IMOPOSSIBLE SINCE THEY WERE NOT ABLE TO COME TO THE AREA UNTIL THE MOVE IN DAY. I ALSO EXPLAINED THAT ON MY INITIAL PHONE CALL TO ********** INQUIRING ABOUT THE REFERRAL FEE, I WAS NOT GIVEN ANY OTHER INFORMATION THAN THE AMOUNT OF $500 THAT WOULD BE DUE TO ME FOR MY REFERRAL. AFTER SPEAKING WITH THE PROPERTY MANAGER TAIS G****** WE LEFT OFF THAT I WOULD BE EMAILING ALL PROOF OF CORRESPONDANCE THAT I HAD REFERRED MY CLIENTS TO ********** BEFORE MY CLIENT HAD FILLED OUT THE APPLICATION ONLINE SINCE THIS WAS THE MAJOR DISSAGREEMENT AT HAND. I EMAILED ALL CORRESPONDANCE TO TAIS AND SHE HAD ONE OF HER LEASING CONSULTANTS SEND ME A RESPONSE STATING THAT THERE WAS NOTHING THEY COULD DO SINCE MY CLIENT HAD ALREADY FILLED OUT THE APPLICATION AND IT SAYS THE AUTO GENERATED SOURCE SAYS IT CAME FROM AN INTERNET SITE. MY CLIENT ALSO SENT A FOLLOW UP EMAIL ON MY BEHALF EXPLAINING THAT I DID INFACT REFER THEM TO THE PROPERTY, THEY ARE UNFAMILIAR WITH THE AREA AND I HIGHLY RECOMMENDED ********** TO THEM, IF IT WASNT FOR MY PROCEEDINGS, THEY WOULDNT HAVE RENTED THERE, ETC. THIS WAS SENT TO TAIS G******, THE PROPERTY MANAGER AND NO RESPONSE WAS RETURNED. I THEN REACHED OUT TO ZRS MANAGEMENT VIA EMAIL EXPLAINING THE ISSUE I WAS HAVING VIA EMAIL AND NOBODY RESPONDED. THIS SEEMS TO BE AN ONGOING TREND AS I THEN, AFTER PUTTING IN A PHONE CALL TO ZRS MANAGEMENT WAS TRANSFERRED TO THE REGIONAL PROPERTY MANAGER FOR THE AREA INCLUDING THE PROPERTY OF CONCERN, ********** IN COCONUT CREEK, FL, PATTI J******. THE FIRST TIME I LEFT A VOICEMAIL FOR PATTI, MY CALL WAS NOT RETURNED. THE SECOND TIME I REACHED OUT TO HER SHE ANSWERED MY PHONE CALL, THE SITUATION WAS EXPLAINED, AND SHE SAID SHE DIDNT NEED ANY SUPPORTING DOCUMENTATION, SHE WOULD SPEEK TO TAIS G******, THE PROPERTY MANAGER OF **********, AND GET BACK TO ME THE FOLLOWING DAY. I NEVER HEARD FROM PATTI J****** AGAIN. THE INTIAL PHONE CONVERSATION WITH PATTI WAS ON 11/12/15. SINCE THEN I HAVE BEEN CALLING HER REPEATEDLY AND LEAVING VOICEMAILS FOR HER ASKING HER TO RETURN MY PHONE CALL AND AM BEING BLATENTLY IGNORED. THE NICE RECEPTIONIST AT HER OFFICE EVEN HAD TO REACH OUT TO HER FOR ME. AFTER A WEEK OF ATTEMPTEPTED CONTACT, PATTI J******* SAID SHE WOULD CALL ME AT THE END OF THE DAY THAT DAY WHICH WAS ON 11/20/15 BUT OF COURSE, I NEVER RECEIVED A CALL. I HAD CONFIRMED WITH THE RECEPTIONIST THAT PATTI HAD NOT BEEN OUT OF TOWN AND SHE WAS ON SITE AT HER OFFICE AT LEAST ONE DAY DURING THE WEEK ALL OF MY REPEATED CALLS/VOICEMAILS WENT IGNORED. I THEN LEFT A VOICEMAIL FOR PATTI'S MANAGER ON 11/23/15 IN WHICH I NEVER RECEIVED A CALL BACK EITHER. THIS COMPANY IS AN ABSOLUTE DISGRACE. THEY HAVE THE WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE I HAVE EVER DEALT WITH AND THAT IS NO EXAGGERATION. BEING BLATENTLY IGNORED FOR MORE THAN 2 WEEKS NOW IS OUTRAGEOUS AND IS BAD BUSINESS. I ADVISE NEVER TO DO BUSINESS WITH THIS MANAGEMENT COMPANY AND RELATED PROPERTIES ON ANY LEVEL. IT IS NO SURPRISE THAT THEY HAVE A PLETHORA OF BAD REVIEWS ON THE BBB ALREADY. THE MANAGEMENT OF THIS COMPANY IS A TOTAL DISASTER!!

I AM SEEKING THE $500 REFERRAL FEE THAT WAS DUE TO MY BROKERAGE FOR THE REFERRAL OF MY CLIENTS AND A LETTER FROM THE CEO INFORMING THAT THEIR STAFF WILL BE TRAINED ON CUSTOMER SERVICE AND MATTERS AS THIS ONE FOR THE FUTURE.

Ms. ******** contacted the leasing center and spoke with the manager on 10/25 requesting payment of a broker fee. Upon researching the file, Ms. ******** and was informed that her clients did not indicate during their conversations or tour with the leasing team that they were working with a broker. The Property Manager explained that a broker must accompany their client when touring the community or register them in advance if they are unable to accompany them when the visit is planned.

Ms. ******** reached out to the Regional Manager and explained that she had correspondence to indicate she had registered them and was given the RM's e mail address to forward the documentation for further review. Nothing was rec'd and the RM contacted the property manager and rec'd an e mail that had been sent by Ms. ******** where she shows a link to the property website to her client and also clearly states in the e mail to make sure they inform the leasing office that they are a referral from her, which was not done.

The Regional Manager did attempt to respond to Ms. ******** twice leaving a message the first time and the second time the voicemail was full.

In an effort to resolve this issue, ********** will process payment for 50% of the referral fee as we believe Ms. ********'s showed her intent to assist clients with the referral to **********.

Going forward, she does need to ensure that she registers her clients in advance with the leasing team and accompany them when touring the community to be eligible for a referral incentive.

Patti J******

The response received from Patti contains false information and events that did not take place. The only form of communication my clients had with the property or its associates prior to me reaching out to the property itself were a phone call (for general property information) and completion of an online application. My clients NEVER took a tour of the property as they lived out of state and where moving down within the next 1.5 months. My clients explained in their email to ********** as back up that I referred them to the property, that when they filled out the online application, the "source" was auto generated as "rentcafe," since it was an online application. They were not provided with the option to select that they were working with an agent.

Patti (Regional Manager) then mentions in her response that I was given her email address to send the email correspondence to. That again is FALSE, as in our conversation she said she it was not necessary to send the correspondence. She explained that she would reach out to the property manager (Thais) herself and would get back to me by the next business day.

Not only did I not hear from Patti (Regional Manager) the next day but I called the following week for 5 days leaving multiple voicemails for Patti and had not heard from her. I even asked the nice young lady that answers the phone at the office to reach out to Patti herself since I had not heard back from her. The first time she said Patti hadn't responded and after I explained my efforts to contact Patti, she got a hold of Patti and Patti said she would call me by the end of the day. Once again Patti DID NOT call, email, or leave a voicemail.

Patti states that she attempted to leave two voicemails, one in which I didn't respond and the other when my mailbox was apparently full. AGAIN, these are LIES. I never received a voicemail from Patti and my mailbox has never been full on my phone as I delete voicemails daily (I rarely get any voicemails regardless). This is rediculous as I would OBVIOUSLY return Patti's alleged phone calls in order to retrieve my referral fee.

This issue has become more about the company's integrity than anything. I honestly cannot believe the lies expressed in writing on this site. It is unacceptable, unprofessional, and immoral.

To resolve this issue, I need to receive the $500 referral fee that is due to me for the referral of my clients to **********. Once the check is received I can then put this issue to rest. If ********** objects, they are ENCOURAGED to send me phone records of Patti's phone calls to me in which she claims to have called me twice (one voicemail, one attempted voicemail but mailbox was full).

I await either rectification to this matter.

02/12/2016Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Apartment had an infestation which was never addressed by the business owners
On Oct. 1, 2015 I moved into ****************. Upon getting to the premises I noticed I had absolutely no cell signal at all ANYWHERE on the premises; Not even outside of the gate. This was 1 of 2 major issues I had. To rectify the matter I ended up buying a signal booster which was expensive. After going through 2 boosters, the manufacturer informed me that the issue was the unit I was living in. This essentially meant that I would go with no signal while living at **. I had already switched carriers once as a result and I still had the same issue. I was told by staff to go to ******* which I considered, yet after doing my research I realized that I could not afford to do that...also, I should not have to. I spoke with other residents who had ******* and they informed me that even they have unreliable service on the premises at times.

As if that was not bad enough, my unit had an infestation problem. Since day 1, I saw bugs in the unit. I brought this to the attention of staff (LP) and was told that it was because the unit had been empty...then I was told by another staff (AP) that the bugs were looking for water...???...After living there for some weeks, I would see different bugs regularly. I also brought this to the attention of staff and pest control came. After a while, I became fed up with the issue. I kept seeing bugs--in the living room, my bedroom, my bathroom, the bath tub, and the kitchen. My unit was extremely clean so cleanliness was not an issue. Pest control came a total of 2 times and that was it...A man with a white spray can (which he refused to show me) came and spent less than 2 minutes doing "pest control". His spray 3 or 5 times and left...Just like that! No one followed up or arranged for an exterminator to come.

I eventually had to move because the constant spraying of chemicals (I bought bug spray which I HAD to use excessively) along with the trauma caused by the situation was negatively impacting my health. I could not sleep and I was terrified to go anywhere in the unit. I would wake up in the middle of the night thinking that bugs were crawling on my body. I even woke up one day with a painful bump on my face. I resorted to carrying my can of bug spray with me ERYTWHERE. YES, EVERYTHERE (kitchen, bathroom, etc).

To make a long story short, I went above and beyond, doing all I could do to live in a place that was not livable. There was no real effort on the part of ** and the property manager, Krystie R******, did nothing at all. She ignored phone calls and emails, never once acknowledged my issue. She was ALWAYS in a "meeting" and never responded.

I just moved into town and had already spent ALL of my money relocating.... now here I am having to relocate again in 2 months time. Words cannot express the level of stress, frustration, and cost this imposed on me. For ** to send me a lease termination fee (884 + 249.30) at all is completely ridiculous. Even one of the leasing consultants (KR) I spoke to on the day of my move out was surprised at this. I was advised by several people to take legal action but I did not want, nor did I think, it would go this far. I thought the people at **/ZRS were going to be sensible seeing as though all of the issues that I experienced was caused on their end. Unfortunately, that will have to be my next course of action because I am not paying that fee. I have many photos, 2 videos, and email as proof of everything I am saying.

P.S. I should also mention that my heat was NOT central, as I was told. Only the living room/kitchen area had heat; everywhere else was FREEZING. Also, with 2 days of moving to **, I even asked AP if I could be moved into another unit close to the front (I thought this may solve the cell signal issue) but I was told that I would have to pay fees, etc...

Remove that unjust final fee of 884 + 249.30. I should not be paying for your mistake.

Contact Name and Title: Stephanie K****** RM
Contact Phone: **********
Contact Email: **************************
Although the property handled the situation in a correct manner and responded to any service needs as requested, in the best interest of customer service we are willing to waive the $884 termination fee. However, the resident is responsible for October-December water/sewer & trash billing fees totaling $104.52.

Good evening,

I paid $57.37 for water/sewer & trash billing fees in December, so I will pay the remainder of $47.15. Please see the attachment which contains copies of the check that was submitted as well as a copy of the bill.

Please let me know where/how I should make the payment. May I still access the resident portal?

-Ms. *****

08/26/2015Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

************** offered us a month-to-month rate of $2,313 per month, and has now specifically notified us that it will not be honoring that offer.
On March 27, 2015, leasing agent Steven V****** sent me an offer letter (attached here) which states that our option to continue renting after expiration of our lease would be $2,313 per month. The email is also attached.

Today, June 5, 2015, we received an email from the property manager Yvonne R******** which stated (verbatim) "Please be informed that ************** will honor the month to month rate stated on the renewal offer letter dated March 27th, 2015 for one month only. . . If you chose the month to month agreement effective August 1st, 2015 your new month to month rate will be market rent plus $300.00 = $2,438.00." This email is also attached here.

This is a $125 difference per month. I feel that by providing us with a written offer letter stating one price and then subsequently stating that the building will only honor that price for one month is an unfair and deceptive trade practice. Had we been informed in March that the building will not honor it's original offer we could have made alternate living arrangements, but at this point it is too late. Thus we feel that we have been personally financially damaged by Ms. R********'s unfair and deceptive sales practices in the amount of at least $125 per month, for the remainder of the months that we will need to stay living at this property, until we can arrange alternate accommodations.

Furthermore, frankly, I feel that Ms. R********'s email is representative of poor customer service and the Better Business Bureau of South Florida should take note.

Finally, I feel that there is a contract liability issue here because I deem the March 27, 2015 letter to be an offer to enter into a continuing rental arrangement with ************** at the prices specified therein, which we accepted.

We hope that ZRS Management Company (which owns **************) will address Ms. R********'s poor customer service and additionally the issues of unfair sales practices and contract damages here. ZRS Management Company should feel free to reach out to me directly via email if they would like additional information regarding this matter.

Warm regards,

*******

Sunrise Harbor should honor the price listed in its offer letter to me dated March 27, 2015 (attached here) for month-to-month rental, of $2,313 per month.

To Whom it May Concern:
Please be advised that this rm represents the owners and management of *************************. 1 am in receipt of a complaint led by ****************
regarding the month-to-month rental rate at *************************. When an
original offer to renew was issued to Ms. ******** and Mr. *****, they were given
different rental rates based upon the intended length of occupancy. The nal rental
rate was for a 12-month lease term, but the second rate offered for the month-to-
month residency listed the rental rate at $2,313.00 per month. Unfortunately, this was
a mistake and below market rate by $125.00. However, realizing their mistake, my
client decided to honor that rental rate through July 31, 2015.
Please note that Mr. ***** and Mr. ******** have a lease at the property that
expires June 30, 2015. My client is agreeing to allow them to remain at the property
through July 31, 2015 at the $2313.00 rate at which point their month-to-month
tenancy is considered terminated. However, if they wish to remain past july 31*', they
will need to sign a new month-to-month agreement at the current month-to-month
rental rate of $2438.00 per month. There is no legal obligation to continue honoring
an incorrect month-to-month rental rate indefinitely.

I disagree with Ms. S******* contention that there is no obligation to honor the month-to-month rate from a legal perspective. Furthermore, it is simply terrible customer service and demonstrates clearly that ZRS Management company does not care about keeping the tenants of their apartment properties happy. It would not be overly burdensome for ZRS to simply honor the rate that it originally offered to me. I cannot imagine that $100 per month is going to break ZRS's bank. Thus, I do not deem their response in this matter to be satisfactory and I want to warn others who are considering renting at a ZRS-managed property (like **************) that they do so at their own risk.

07/11/2016Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Fleas infested my apartment. After several interactions with the leasing office, they blamed me for the fleas and I have to wait 7 days to get sprayed
After being out of town for a week (6/3-6/10), I come home to find my feet covered in black specks and realize they are fleas (see Picture 1 taken Friday night, 6/10). As this was around midnight on Friday, I wait until the next morning (Saturday, 6/11) to go down to the leasing office to notify and get someone to come spray my apartment. I leave and return later that day to make sure I was on the schedule and am told that I will have to wait until Monday. A friend who is with me asks if I can try and take care of the situation myself and get reimbursed to which the answer is yes. I then SPECIFICALLY say that unless the office hears from me to still plan on a Monday spray. I return home to research other options to no avail and therefore do not contact the leasing office. On Monday (6/13) around 3PM, I call the office from work and ask if someone has been able to come out and spray. They tell me that they thought I was taking care of the situation myself so they removed me from the scheduled spray. The office calls back later and says someone will come spray tomorrow (Tuesday, 6/14) between 1-3PM. On Tuesday, I call the office at 4:30PM to check on the status of the spray with no answer. When I get home around 5:30 I walk into my apartment, see fleas, and head down to the office to see what happened. When I get to the office I am told that the spray company did not have the right chemicals to spray that day, which leads me to believe that they were not told that I have fleas, and can't come back until Thursday. A front desk girl also says "we didn't bring the fleas in, you did". I do not have a dog, cat, or any other animal, but many of my neighbors do. It should also be noted that initially the fleas were, for the most part, just in my bedroom in the carpet, but as of this morning (6/14) they have spread to my bathroom, closet, living room area and also now my bed. It should also be noted that my lease terminates July 1st and I have been delaying packing as to not pack any fleas with my belongings. I was notified today that even after spraying, fleas may appear for two weeks. This means that even if my apartment does get sprayed on Thursday, I will have fleas until my lease terminates and have no choice but to pack and store fleas with my belongings. After the front desk girl argued with me about how they got into my apartment for several minutes and being offered no solutions except to wait until Thursday, I am reporting ** to the Better Business Bureau due to the inability to abate an unsanitary, potentially disease transmitting parasite from my apartment. Picture 2 and 3 show a portion of the flea bites I have gotten over the last 4 days as well as another flea on foot (both taken today, 6/14).

I want the fleas out of my apartment.

Contact Name and Title: Hilary A****
Contact Email:**********************
** apologizes for the fleas that were in your apartment. The work order to ********************** was sent in on 06/13/16 and the treatment was done on 06/16/16. On 06/18/16, a tech came back into the apartment and verified that the fleas were gone from the apartment.
I have attached a copy of the service ticket showing that the apartment had been treated. There were no other reports of fleas in the apartment building. Again, we sincerely apologize.

06/13/2016Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Dispute over age of Carpet
I leased an apartment from ZRS and was lead to believe that the carpet would be replaced. Upon taking possession on or about July 17, 2015. I noticed that the carpet was work, buckled and had an unpleasant odor and when I vacuumed there was a great deal of dirt, particulate matter,and animal or human hair in the container, indicating that the carpet was not new.

--Unfortunately, my son died suddenly on July 31st,and I was unable to follow through until December of 2015.

Upon contacting management (a difficult process due to multiple unanswered calls.) After some time, I located the phone number of ZRS Management, and spoke with the property manage's assistant. When I voiced my complaint, the response was that they had an invoice from their carpet vendor, and they maintained that the carpet was new. It is not.

The response was to send someone from maintenance to "inspect my carpet." After some discussion, the maintenance supervisor id not say whether the carpet was new, but his final opinion was that it was not. He reported same to the PM. Once more,I was not able to follow through. When I received notice regarding lease renewal, I met with a leasing agent regarding rent increase he stated that he already knew of the problem, and that management had an invoice stating that the carpet was replaced. Interesting.

05/05/2016
At this time, I submitted a proposal to the PM regarding an adjustment in the cost of rent. I also submitted a small plastic bag with partial
contents of the vacuum cleaner debris. The leasing agent said he would submit same to the PM. I was again reminded of the illusive invoice.

On today's date 05/09/2016, I phoned the leasing office, and the leasing agent returned my call -- again citing the invoice -- and said that no adjustment would be made on the rent. I questioned his response, and put in a call to the PM who referred me to the accounting department. As of this hour, I have placed a call to same.

To date, my complaint has been summarily dismissed. I assert that the carpet is filthy, smells bad, and is not new. I have not been able to discuss this issue, face to face with anyone in authority. I would like some resolution with regard to the "invoice," and would like an expert to determine the age of the carpet.
I live quietly, my apartment is immaculate, I have no pets, pay the rent on time, and, for that matter I do not wear shoes inside the apartment.

I am asking for some resolution and relief. Time is of the essence because I need to indicate if I will be continuing residency in the ****** by next week.

Thank you for your help.

*********************************
Orlando, FL, 32810
************

I am willing to continue residing in the apartment pursuant to an adjustment in the rent. My argument is that the apartment is due for complete renovations, and a lower rent would offset a loss of revenue while the apartment is renovated as well as lost rent due to vacancy.
I believe I have presented sufficient evidence to validate my claim, and I would like to have opportunity to discuss a rental price adjustment.

My current rent is $1115.00 per month, the proposed rent increase is for 11 months at $1155.00 or $1255 on a month-to month basis, I proposed a negotiable rent amount of $900.per month. ZRS did not consider my offer.

I am writing in regards to the complaint I received complaint 5/16/16 from the BBB. The complainant initially notified our office of the matter in writing on January 8, 2016 (letter attached). I contacted her on January 14, 2016 upon receiving her letter. I asked that our on site Manager and Maintenance Supervisor be allowed to inspect with the vendor that installed the carpeting with her, which was immediately completed. We showed her the backing of the carpet which is date stamped showing it had been installed a few days prior to her move in. We offered to clean and stretch the carpet if she wished but since it was new at move in we would not be replacing. We did not hear from her again until May 11, 2016. Upon hearing from her we responded in writing to her complaint on 5/12/16. The complainant has received our letter and sent an email on 5/16/16 at 11:51am that she accepts the copy of the invoice that the carpet is new and will contact the BBB to close out the complaint. We will work with her to schedule cleaning/stretching of the carpet at her convenience once she contacts the leasing office at ************.

We showed her the backing of the carpet which is date stamped showing it had been installed a few days prior to her move in. (This quote is taken from the ZRS' response to my initial complaint.)
Another Pandora's box has been opened.

The statement above: "We showed her the backing....date stamped...a few days prior to her move in. His statement absolutely untrue. The maintenance supervisor did a cursory "inspection" of the unit, stated that the carpet was new, and to substantiate his comments, he pulled back a corner in the dining area; finding no date stamp, he did not find another suitable corner, and made no further effort to find what he called, "The serial number." He then stated that he would not replace the carpet.I question the Maintenance supervisors' qualifications to evaluate and render an opinion about the age of carpeting. Further, he stated that the linoleum was new; It doesn't take an expert to see that this did not happen. To rely on his opinion is folly.

To affirm that he did not find any identifying marks, I propose that management make arrangements to look for a date stamp. Because of the negligence of the SM, and his false statements to management, I WITHDRAW MY AGREEMENT TO ACCEPT THE VALIDITY OF THE INVOICE. At this juncture, I think it is fair to have a reputable third party who has never been a vendor for The ****** examine the carpet and render an opinion. Ir is not reasonable to deduce that new carpet would yield so much grime after twice weekly vacuuming.

Further, I want absolute assurance, in writing, any form, that anyone associated with ZRS will not seek retribution in any form, and that they will set aside ny residual ill-will toward me regardless of the outcome and/or resolution.

I would like assurance that ZRS will agree to permit me to occupy the unit on a month-to-month basis, or upon any lease renewal with terms with any negotiated outcomes agreeable to both parties. Also, I would like ZRS nullify any monetary penalties due to circumstances that lead to a my decision to move out as long as I give a 30 day notice and/or with any negotiated resolutions agreeable to both parties.

This is not the optimal time to find another residence, and I would like to stay at The ****** for as long as I can. My rent is paid on time, I live quietly, and my apartment orderly and clean; I have no pets or children.

I look forward to a swift resolution amenable all concerned parties, and an equitable agreement is reached. Believe me, I have better things to do.
and I do not enjoy dealing with frustrating conflict. As A family mediator dealing with divorcing couples, I do not welcome additional animosity.

Dear Ms.*******

On May 16, 2016, Dr. ********* advised, in response to a letter from our attorney, that she conceded that her carpet had been replaced just days prior to her occupancy of her unit. A copy of our attorneys' letter is attached along with a copy of the invoice from the company that replaced the carpet and carpet pad, House of Floors. Upon receipt of Dr. *********'s acknowledgement of the new carpet and acceptance of our offer to re-stretch her carpet, we received notice that she was now withdrawing her concession.

Notwithstanding Dr. *********'s flip flopping on her position, her unit did, in fact, get new carpet and a new carpet pad only a few days prior to her occupancy of her unit -as you can see yourself from the invoice from ***************. Dr. *********'s claims are unfounded and we won't be able to provide her any further assistance on this matter beyond what has been offered. As set forth in our attorneys' letter, Dr. ********* must make her election to stay or vacate her unit at the end of her lease term in a timely manner or she will have, by default, elected to vacate the unit. There will be no exception to this.

Becky C******
Regional Manager

BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU
Re: ********* v The ****** ****************** d/b/a ZRS Management, LLC
June 10, 2016

I received an email from ZRS Management with an attached eviction notice from**************** Attorneys at Law, Dated June 10, 2016; my lease ends on July 18th. This all began with a dispute over carpet.

My conflict with ZRS was with regard to the age of the carpet which supposedly was new at the time of my taking possession of Unit****** on or about July 16, 2016. The leasing agent, Jason P****, assured me that the carpet had been replaced; In fact, ZRS had an invoice from ******************, dated July 13, 2016 in the amount of $1, 097.49.

Immediately after moving in I experienced urgent family matters that later, on July 31, 2015, resulted in the unexpected death of my son. Among my responsibilities were taking care of the financial and emotional needs of his wife, and my granddaughter. Therefore, it was not until January that I was able to take up the matter with ZRS, at which time the assistant maintenance supervisor, Ernesto B******* was dispatched to evaluate the age of the carpet.

At one time, during the f course of events, at one point, I was willing to concede and accept the idea that the invoice was valid. This was not because I agreed, rather, it was because of the escalating acrimony over a problem that had an easy remedy based on common courtesy. That was until management stated that Mr. B***** had made a deliberately false report that I believe was the genesis of the problem. If Mr. B***** had been truthful, the matter may have been resolved and for which Mr. B***** has never been held accountable.

After I reported my concerns about the carpet, Mr. B***** was summoned to inspect the carpet, Mr. B***** arrived and made a cursory inspection, and after which alleged to finding a "date stamp" affirming that the carpet had, indeed, been installed on the date noted on the invoice. This was an unequivocal lie on the part of Mr. B*****. Of one thing I was certain: a new carpet could not yield the unusually high amount of debris, including sand, particulate matter, and what appeared to be animal hair when vacuumed. In spots, there were stains, and the carpet smelled of tobacco and other organic materials.

During his "inspection" Mr. B***** lifted a section of the carpet in the dining area and failed to find the date stamp, or as he called it, the "serial number." Together, we looked for other areas where the "date stamp" may be hiding. Finding none, his only comment, when I said that it would be impossible to generate so much dirt on a new carpet, was, "You'd be surprised." Mr. B***** further stated that "I will not replace the carpet." He then went on to say that he had also replaced the flooring in the kitchen and bath. Again, not true. I never asked for new carpet. I thought an adjustment in the rent was a fair remedy. Unfortunately, Mr. B*****' outright lie led to an increasingly truculent scenario.

What ensued during the following months was an increasingly hostile point-counter-point with the management company. Including the fact that they refused to their posture was to stonewall and refuse to consider my suggestions that it may have been possible that *************** may have inadvertently made a mistake. Finally, I contacted the Better Business Bureau as a means to mutually satisfying resolution to the problem. One option that I felt was viable was an adjustment to the rent, based on good will as well as some calculations on projected costs. What would have satisfied me would have been the courtesy of a face-to-face conversation with management, and an affirmative response to a suggestion that a third party examine the carpet, and a willingness to consider that a mistake may have been made by the vendor and by Mr. B*****. In my view, it would make little sense to put new carpet in an apartment obviously due for renovations; a practice that was observable throughout my building. During my 11 month tenure at The ****** I have observed that upon every new vacancy of an older apartment the unit is completely renovated; why not apartment******?

In spite of any logic about the renovation process, management was dismissive about my allegations continued to stonewall me when I expressed my ideas, I was tacitly called a liar who "flip flops." And who make assumptions about my motivations for the delay in my filing a complaint with BBB, as well
as not-so-veiled threats about future actions on the part of ZRS including a directive to vacate the premises in a timely manner or be subject to damages and attorney's fees. On the same date, BBB notified ZRS Management that I had filed a complaint. In response to Mr. E**** statements, I became fearful of retaliation by ZRS, and stated in my response, via BBB that ZRS Management that "Their ZRS's treatment of their assertions thus far have been antagonistic, and now I feel threatened by legal action, eviction, and/or continued harassment for whistleblowing," ...and I was seeking "...a satisfactory resolution without the anxiety of being threatened and/or discounted and dismissed." Subsequently I submitted my request for a month-to-month lease "contingent on the outcome of the ongoing complaint." (BBB response from me, 5/13/2016)

Today, my fears became a reality. Mr. E**** served me with an eviction notice.

Respectfully,

Apartment******
June 10, 20

05/10/2016Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

The apartment complex has not refunded my over payment. It has been over 3 months since I have moved out. No one will get back with me.
During my last rent payment, I accidentally made an over payment of approximately $900. The management told me that my over payment will be refunded with my deposit. I received my deposit, but no over payment. My fiance and I have called numerous time and spoken to the assistant manager. He keeps saying he will need to speak with the accountant and she will need to issue a check. I want my money. This money was never the apartment complexes, nor was it a deposit. I have never been late with my rent and I need my money back or I will file a law suit. This is a very unprofessional management company.

I want a refund check back for my over payment and someone from management to contact me informing me when I will receive my money.

Contact Name and Title: Jennifer M*****
Contact Phone: **********
Contact Email: *************************
*********** and ************** moved out of apartment ***** on January 26, 2016. Upon move out they had a credit from overpaying January 2016 rent of $617.26. Final water and trash charges were then applied. for Trash a final charge of $83.76 for the dates of 11/21/15 - 1/26/15; and for water $47.34 for the same time period. These final charges brought the remaining credit to $486.16. On Feb. 2, the final account statement documenting a full deposit refund of $300 and a check request for the overpaid rent of $486.16 were submitted to ZRS accounting team to process. On Feb. 24, 2016, check #**** in the amount of $786.16 was printed and mailed to: ********************* Jersey Village, TX 70064. On March 10, 2016, this check was cashed. Based on the provided information, we believe we are settled in full with *********** and *****************

03/07/2016Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

*************************** is falsifying an imposed claim.
They are claiming I owe water/sewer for two months (December/January). I paid for December and have not received a bill for January. They are claiming they needed to replace the carpet without showing me the damages. I left the carpet in the same condition I found it in on day one. They are trying to impose $311.48 minus the $100 security deposit. I am refuting all charges except the water/sewer bill for January 1 - 24, 2016. I moved out at 10 am on January 25th.

I am seeking for them to remove $254 for the carpet replace they choose to do so on their own behalf. I am seeking for them to show me the water bill for January and subtract that amount from my $100 deposit. Then I would like the reminder refunded to me.

This customer reached out to our corporate office directly and was responded to on the next business day to discuss their concerns. Review of the charges led to an adjustment made on the amount due and the customer agreed with the revisions made. Our last correspondence with the customer on 2/19/16 indicates this issue has been resolved to their satisfaction.
Thank you.

01/20/2016Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

My spouse, children and I moved in 12/23/14, paid our deposit, and 2 months' rent up front. I did sign a 12 month lease in my name only, paying rent on a timely matter each month. As spring approached, we noticed the HVAC system not cooling properly. Maintenance was called on numerous occasions, with no resolve. Finally, late on a hot summer night, we came home to a non-running HVAC. I called the emergency line, only to be told I would have to wait until the next day. My husband, baby, and I had to go and find a hotel. There was a conference that weekend, so the cheapest rate we could find was $189 per night. We related this information to management.Finally, a maintenance man came over and told us there was a bad coil, and it would take approx. 4-5 weeks to order the part. 4-5 weeks came and went. I finally sent my husband to the office in person, only to find there was an entire new set of staff working in their office! By early, September of this year, the HVAC had not been fixed, filters were never changed, maintenance was always called late at night due to the until not working at all; one night a maintenance gentleman showed up intoxicated! The following Monday, all tenants had noticed on their doors advising of rent increasing and asked each of us to check a box and sign our names if we'd be renewing our leases; if not, it said we'd each be on a month-to-month basis. The following day, I typed up a letter, notifying the manager that I would be moving on or before 11/15/2015. I received a phone call from her that day. I cheated with her briefly; she said, "Well, your lease doesn't expire until 12/22/2015...surely you won't break your lease???" I asked her to explain the letter left on my door and got no clear answers. I also told her I had a house that would be ready to move in to by November. I finally brought up the HVAC issues and all of the other unfixed repairs I outlined in the letter I sent to her, such as: broker garbage disposal, broken blinds, the door hanger that suddenly fell off of the front door, non-replaced bulbs in commons by porch, chipping and peeling paint on all inside doors, bathroom sinks that don't drain, extremely low water pressure, etc. I explained that these issues were present, remained, and were discussed upon move-in! I also told her how I was a commercial maintenance coordinator at the time, and I was quite aware of the Texas Real Estate leading laws.When 10/31/2015, the HVAC was once again not working, and the other repairs had not been completed...nearly 1 year later! I exercised my rights, as discussed in my letter, and moved on 10/31/2015. Today, I received a blocked phone call, claiming she was calling on behalf of the management company for *************************, stating I owed them $8,000! My monthly rent was only approx $1575.00, plus December would obviously be pro-rated, and then, there is the deposit, paid in advance!Prior to my move, I witnessed several others moving and personally talked to these people. Other tenants had the same complaints as me. I have also looks at consumer complaints and reviews; they are not good! Please stop this company from ripping off families like mine!
Product_Or_Service: Apartment

By law, failure of a landlord to complete landlord required repairs in a timely manner is a breach of contract. Causing a family with young children to be without proper cooling in 100 degree weather is dangerous, and legally, Health and Human Services could have been involved had we made contact. Between hotel expenses and electric bills of over $200 each month in a 2 bedroom space of less than 1100 sq. ft., I believe this place probably owes their tenants as they do us...my opinion!

See attachment.

Thank you for the opportunity to respond to Case if ********. I assure you this is not the way ************************* conducts business. I have addressed all issues below and have attached supporting
documentation. lf further documentation is needed or if you have any questions please do not hesitate
to contact me. I look forward to resolving this issue.
Attachments include:
Carpet Replacement & Original Carpet Invoice
Electric Correspondence for Entergy
Resident Ledger
Fax from resident
Envirosmart sen/ice request for eas
Complaint: My spouse, children and lmoved in 12/23/14, paid our deposit, and 2 months'
rent up front. ldid sign a 12 month lease in my name only, paying rent on a timely matter
each month.
Response: The deposit for the apartment was $1334.00. We gave the resident the current
special at that time which was 2 months free upfront. 2 NSF/ Returned checks in January &
February 2015 for pet rent, water, trash, & garage. Z Late Fees were charged, one for October
2015, and November. 2015. All residents 18 or over are required to fill out an application so
we can perform a background check for the safety of all residents. We were not aware that
her husband ****** was not put on the application or lease so he could be screened for
criminal history. The attached Welcome Home letter shows what she received.
Complaint: As spring approached, we noticed the HVAC system not cooling properly.
summer night, we came home to a non-running HVAC. Icalled the emergency line, only to
be told lwould have to wait until the next day. My husband, baby, and I had to go and
$189 per night. We related this information to management. Finally, a maintenance man
to nd there was an entire new set of staff working in their office! By early, September of
this year, the HVAC had not been xed, filters were never changed, maintenance was always
advising of rent increasing and asked each of us to check a box and sign our names ifwe'd be

day, ltyped upa letter, notifying the manager that lwould be moving on or before
11/15/2015. lreceived a phone call from her that day. Icheated with her briefly; she said,
asked her to explain the letter left on my door and got no clear answers. lalso told her I
had a house that would be ready to move in to by November. lnally brought up the
HVAC issues and all of the other unfixed repairs Ioutlined in the letter Isent to her, such
also told her how lwas a commercial maintenance coordinator at the time, and lwas quite
aware of the Texas Real Estate leading laws. When 10/3),/2015, the HVAC was once again not
working, and the other repairs had not been completed...nearly lyear later! lexercised
my rights, as discussed in my letter, and moved on 10/31/2015. Today, lreceived a blocked
advance) Prior to my move, lwitnessed several others moving and personally talked to
these people. Other tenants had the same complaints as me. lhave also looks at consumer
complaints and reviews; they are not goodl Please stop this company from ripping off
families like mine!
Response: A service request for A/C not cooling properly was entered on 01/20/2015 with the
assistant manager, it was completed on 01/23/2015. A service request for A/C not cooling
properly was entered on 01/30/2015 with leasing staff, it was completed on 01/30/2015. A
service request was entered on 05/14/2015 and was completed by our maintenance
supenlisor on 05/14/2015 with notes stating: repaired 24 voltage line on contactor, cleared a/c
line and replaced a/c lter. A service request was entered on 06/05/2015 and was completed
on 06/06/2015 by the maintenance supervisor with notes stating: Cleared a/c drain line and
replaced a/c filter. On 9/16/2015 I received a notice to vacate by fax from **********. I called
to discuss her account and left a message. I also emailed her when I did not receive a response
from the message I left. Attached is a copy of the email showing I addressed her notice to
vacate and maintenance request issue because l did not see any open tickets. She replied back
to the email stating: Okay, so the lease remains as. I have a house to move in to soon;
however I will continue to pay rent until the lease expires. The letter she received was a
renewal offer, it was not a letter to all residents. I also let her know that maintenance stopped
by her apartment to fix her orders, her husband stated the only thing not done was the a/c
coil. Maintenance also informed him that they were unable to do anything to the a/c due to
electric being shut off by *******. She replied that same day at 7:29PM stating Oh, it's back
on...I made sure of that! We were not contacted regarding the resident having to stay in a
hotel. ******** treats none working a/c like an emergency and makes accommodations with
the resident if necessary. I have not been notified of an intoxicated employee, this type of
behavior is against policy. A notice to vacate was put inside the apartment of the interior front
door on 11/4/2015. Before going to court we walked the apartment on 11/10/2014, this is
when we noticed the resident gone. The apartment was left in very poor condition. Carpet

had to be replaced which was just over 1 year old due to pet urine. *********** had to treat
the apartment for eas before we could make it ready and put it back on the market.
Documentation is attached.

I had my husband and mom living there, including children who can serve as witnesses that the A/C was NEVER fixed as requested (damaged coil), and upon our move-out, the disposal WAS NOT WORKING! You have LIED in your so-called documentation! As far as cleaning and carpet change, that is what the pet fees and deposit is for. We have an attorney and will be suing you in an excess amount of $10,000 for fraud and breach of contract by not keeping the premises safe!

09/30/2015Billing / Collection Issues | Read Complaint Details

Not receiving deposit back and now receiving a debt collection notice after multiple attempts to contact management company.
I am also be putting this on the Better Business Bureau to see if I can get some resolution to this because this is just too much. I am attempting for a second time contact this company in regards to the outrageous claim that is being made against me after myself and my mother moved out of **************************** apartment. When I first received the bill after I moved out, I was being charged with cleaning of the carpet and other cleaning charges. I contested stating that I not only left the entire house clean but the carpets only had the normal dirt that we bring in from outside which had we stayed would've had to been cleaned anyway because carpets are meant to be cleaned every year because of dirt and normal wear and tear. I was then answered by email that I was being charged with the replacement of the carpeting and also cleaning of the ceiling fan blades in living room, both bathroom vanities and tubs, toilets, cabinets and the oven which were all thoroughly cleaned before I left that apartment. Then I was told " We did not charge for the entire apartment and could have due to pet urine. It was not discovered until after the final account statement was prepared that all the carpet had animal stains as well as fleas." This was even more offensive since our dogs are on flea, tick and heartworm preventative all year round so there is no way the carpets could've had fleas. I have to wonder what I would've been charged had I not had any pets?

I was denied a walk through when I went to turn in the keys then an hour later I was told they wanted me to return to do a walk through after I had continued with my plans for the day and was told I would be getting my deposit back for both the apartment and the gate keys (2 of them) as long as everything was clean and there were no damages. The apartment was cleaned from top to bottom and had I been told that the carpets had to be washed before leaving then I would've kept the keys one more day, paid the extra day, and called someone to have them cleaned. Again all this would've been prevented with a walk through that I was denied. And to top it off I was also being charged late fees for the rent. I didn't even know how much the rent was until I emailed the front office asking for the amount since the last online statement said I didn't owe anything. I handed in the keys to the unit(****), gate keys and rent all on the same day as I've done with other apartments. I've never seen a location take the rent prior to someone vacating and surrendering the apartment after notice of vacate because the lease holder can decide to stay a longer period of time. I hope someone gets back to me this time because my next step would be to take this matter to small claims court. This is truly a horrible way of conducting business.After I sent a "quick message" for some type of assistance in settling this matter I never heard anything and now I'm getting a debt collector contacting me by mail? This is really unbelievable. I want a resolution to this especially since the main reason I left the community was because of the horrible service we had been getting there. So I'm going to ask again. Can someone please answer this message and if there is proof of "pet urine/stains," fleas and dirty apartment then I would like to see them as well because I find it hard to believe that my dogs left fleas in the unit and that the unit was dirty. Especially when they (my dogs) are on preventatives and the apartment was left clean and even smelling of bleach.

I just want the collection against my name to be taken off as well as my $300 deposit back.

Property Management