Nicholson Investment Enterprises, Inc.

12/01/2014Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Public disturbance for my family while on vacation at rental property. Restless night. Confirmed gun in development. 3 cop cars on the scene.
My family rented a property through ***** *** for the purposes of a ****** vacation. On our first night's stay, in the early hours of November 1st, 2014 (3am to 5am) we heard what sounded like gunfire at least 3 times. My kids were frightened and ended up sleeping with us in our own bed. I looked outside our property window at approximately 3:30AM to hear and see multiple people arguing in the street. This was eventually followed by 3 cop cars who finally dispersed the crowd and noise at approximately 4AM. Contacted property management the next day and they confirmed via email that a gun was present at the scene. Requested a partial refund via email due to the disturbance and was denied a refund. Signed on with ***** *** with the understanding that the gated community would be safe and peaceful. This was not at all our experience on our first night's stay. Very disappointed in their legal response of having no liability whatsoever for the incident. Was looking for them to do the right thing and provide a partial reimbursement due to the unsettling disturbance for me and my family.

Requesting $190 refund to our credit card which is a partial refund based on our entire stay.

I am sorry that this guest had his stay disturbed. It is most unusual for this resort. The disturbance was in property on the same street as the house he was staying in and was not managed by us. The HomeOwners Association that manages the property had Security and the police called to handle the incident. It was nothing that either we as the management company or the owner of the property were responsible for. As a gesture of goodwill I propose that we refund the guest $100 to the card held on file.

Property Management, Vacation Rentals