Central Florida

CFRM Villas

6 complaints closed with BBB in last 3 years | 0 closed in last 12 months

02/07/2012Problems with Product / Service
06/14/2013Billing / Collection Issues | Read Complaint Details

CFRM have managed our villa for 18 months and charges and service are the problem.
CFRM have managed our villa for 18 months until we sold it on 21st March 2013.The realtors on selling agreed with CFRM $2000 of repairs and they have charged me $2710. They also charged me a full month management pool etc charges when it should have bee pro rata to 21stMarch. They also charged credit card fees plus credit card cancellation fees for rentals later in the year that I am sure they managed to find alternative accomodation.A cacellation charge was also applied although they knew sale was pending.The odd thing to me was that they had $3900 of my money and the final bill came to $3900!! Very odd.

I would like $710 difference in repair account and the two cancellation fees of $239.61 Also termination of$175. Also the pro rata charges of monthly services $141 This totals to $1265.61

We love our work, providing professional, courteous management and rental service for absentee owners of vacation homes and we go to great length to treat everyone the way we would want to be treated.

We have managed the **** vacation home for 18 months and they have been very unreasonable and difficult owners to satisfy.

They have questioned the most minute details, refused to accept our explanations, and consistently refused to consider the expense of necessary routine repairs and maintenance.

They had a nice vacation home and we were able to lease it for them many times.Every time we rented the home, guests complained about something or other due to the fact that the Owners would not approve necessary upkeep.

Finally the time came when they wanted to sell their vacation home and they received a reasonable offer, but the home failed the home inspection and a long list of necessary repairs were required before closing.

They demanded that we make the repairs for them within a very short one week time. We made every effort to accommodate them and in fact did complete the repairs within the one week period. They gave us no time to acquire firm estimates but we said the repairs would cost at least $2,000. In fact the repairs cost $2,700 and we advanced the money to complete the repairs.

Now, of course, rather than being grateful for all our extra-ordinary work on their behalf, which we provided without additional charge, they are objecting to everything.

The credit card fees they are objecting to follow the requirements of Florida law and are clearly explained in our Management Agreement. Guests may not be charged the Credit Card processing fee for a Rental so the Owner is required to pay the fee.

The Termination Fee is also clearly stated in our Management Agreement.

Our Management Agreement does not provide for a pro rata last month adjustment of our management fee.

At the time of their sale we had two pending rentals that we were forced to cancel because it was one of the busiest times of the rental season and all our vacation homes were rented. We were forced to cancel the pending rentals and refund the rental deposits.

As you can imagine, this type of absentee owner takes much of the joy out of our business.

******* *****, ********* of **** *******

This complaint is now becoming a playground slanging match and that is not what BBB is all about. All I want is answers to my various questions and CFRM just will not to do that. I need copies of all receipts and cancellation receipts re cancelled credit card charges and a copy of the original agreement signed by ourselves. I also need answers to the bookings supposedly arranged by a member of staff in December when in fact she left the company the previous March!!I also cant understand why management fees and maintenance fees are not charged pro rata. As already stated I sold our house 21st March 2013 therefore should only have paid 21/31st of the fees. CFRM are refusing to do this. What if I had sold on the 4th of a month would there still have been no pro rata.I do have evidence of all my complaints.I have sent at least 6 e mails to CFRM that have not been answered so that tells me how unprofessional they are. Please have the courtesy to at least answer my questions send copies as requested of all of the above and especially the original contract signed by us.My original e mail lists what I feel is the amount due so I hope to hear from CFRM with a settlement figure and also all copies as requested from day one!!! Regards **** ****

This complaint is nothing less than a blatant attempt by an unreasonable and untruthful person to force payment from us of an amount she is not entitled to.

We have treated this disagreeable person at all times with the utmost courtesy and rendered her every professional service possible just as we do for all our owners and renters.

She has made up facts out of thin air to support her complaint, attributes statements to others without verification, made slanderous and hurtful statements entirely without foundation and refuses to accept the detailed accountings and explanations we have offered her.

If she would read our very clear Property Management Agreement, binding on her as well as all our Owners, she would see that paragraph I) reads as follows:

"I) CFRM Villas will always welcome a question from the Owner concerning any matter and will make every effort to correct any problem. In the event a question is not answered to the satisfaction of the Owner, both parties waive the right to a jury trial, and Owner may submit a Written Notice of a Dispute to CFRM Villas who will refer the dispute to a Certified Public Accountant to resolve and the determination of the Certified Public Accountant will be binding on both parties. The Fee of the Certified Public Accountant will be paid by the unsuccessful party. The Certified Public Account(ant) will request a deposit from the Owner in the event the Owners Claim is unsuccessful."

In this case the Owner has yet to submit a Written Notice of a Dispute for us to forward to a Certified Public Accountant to resolve, instead from the safety of her home in Scotland, she continues to publish untruthful and malicious allegations about our Company.

We stand on our earlier, very detailed and truthful statement and we will not accede to her unreasonable, untruthful allegations and demands.

******* *****, President, CFRM VILLAS.

03/28/2013Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Paid in full reservation for specific property rental not honored. Advised owner terminated agreement with CFRM, and we have no guaranteed lodging.
After talking via email with who we believed was the owner of a property shown on VacationRentals.com, ****** ******, we decided to rent her property for $850 for 8 nights, March 9-18, 2013. On 8/16/12 I made $175 deposit for property located at *****************. Recd confirmation. On 1/11/13 paid remaining balance of weekly rental fee of $715.40 (payments processed through VacationRentPayment online using my Visa Debit Card. Property located in Regal Palms Resort is a 4-bedroom townhouse, 3.5 baths, with fully loaded kitchen and access to all services of the Regal Palms Resort. On 1/11/13 I received the check-in instructions, door access code, phone numbers and instructions on what to do upon arrival. On 2/24/13, two weeks prior to arrival, I emailed CFRM Villas regarding instructions about late arrival. On 2/25/13 I recd a call from Valerie at CFRM acknowledging my email, but she stated that we would not be able to stay at the above property because the owner discontinued service with CFRM. Valerie offered another property in Regal Palms Resort, but stated that we could only stay there 4 of our 8 nights and would have to move to yet another property after 4 nights. I advised this was unacceptable. There are 8 of us traveling from Ohio by cars, with one person being elderly, and we had arranged for a full week's vacation at the resort, as well as attending a family wedding. I asked if we had any rights or guarantees in working with them and she said we wouldn't have any if we worked directly with the owner either. Valerie did offer to look around and see what else she could find and would get back to me by 2/26/13. I am concerned that we don't have any rights, even though we completed our required payments and documentation. This is the first time I have ever tried to rent a property like this, or use CFRM Villas.

We require a property of equal amenities, beds, services and resort privileges, as those we have paid in full for the aforementioned property. The replacement property must be available for the entire 8-night stay, as reserved, March 9, 2013 - March 18, 2013 in the same vicinity. We do not have any alternatives, we cannot cancel our plans due to the family wedding, and breaking of this contract will cause us an undue hardship, have major financial implications and emotional distress. We would have to seek legal recourse if not satisfactorily resolved. We truly hope CFRM Villas has some obligation to make good on their end of the rental agreement. I'm asking for the BBBs help in resolving this ASAP since we are due to depart Ohio on 3/8/13. Thank you very much.

This person who lodged the complaint is considering withdrawing the complaint. For this reason, I am not responding at this moment. Thank you for your understanding.

I've never asked for a free vacation, nor any kind of refund. I just want it to be known that there are many flaws with this Management Company and the homes they have available for rental. This was our very first experience with renting vacation homes and, perhaps, our expectations were too high! Wanting working appliances and light bulbs in the homes. I understand and appreciate they threw in the pool heat, but we only requested that because had we been at the Regal Palms Resort for the entire stay, we would have had heated pools to use all week, not just 2 out of 5 days at the Gee Villa. We certainly learned some valuable lessons through this process. Again, I also complimented ******* several times and did feel she was doing her best to help, but still felt there were problems at every turn.

I WILL now consider this complaint closed, as our vacation is over and, hopefully, I've made my point. Hopefully in the future, this company can do a better job of communicating rules, agreements, services, and expectations up front to make more happy customers.

On behalf of ******* and our entire CFRM Villas Team, I wish to thank the Guest for closing this complaint as we continue to strive to be ever more responsive to our customers.

Kind regards,