Bridgette Ross PA

07/12/2013Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

The service we received from Orlando Equity was horrific in regards to maintaining the contract that we signed with them to manage my condo unit.
On March 1, 2010- I chose to use Orlando Equity to rent out my unit and manage the property when I moved out of state. On April 5, 2013- I moved back into my unit which was a complete nightmare. After I picked up the keys with Orlando Equity, I walked in to find a gentleman in my home still moving the previous tenants furniture out. The unit was never cleaned and was filthy. I then went to turn on my AC only to find out that it blew hot air. A brand new AC unit was purchased in 2008 for this unit. In addition new carpets were replaced in both bedrooms in 2008 along with brand new tile put in both bathrooms. (Receipts to verify all of this). Once I thoroughly started inspecting the unit I realized the carpets were never cleaned, the kitchen was not clean, my vertical blinds in living room were chewed on the bottom, the floors were not clean, the corners of my walls were chewed up in the living room, the bathrooms were not clean, the grout in the second bathroom is ruined (it is black now when it used to be cream) so no move out clean was ever performed until I complained to the office the following Monday. This should of all been done prior to me moving in. They finally sent someone on Monday and Tuesday to do what most would consider an inadequate job. They did caulk the chewed up corners of the walls. The master bedroom and bathroom were left in good condition. The second bedroom smelled like urine, fleas were everywhere, and feces and urine stains were all over the carpet. We did not agree nor was it in our contract with them that the tenants could have a pet. They refuse to replace the carpet after disputing this with them for almost two months. Orlando Equity claims they did not have a pet. I have invited them on numerous occasions to please come up and take a look. They declined. If there was not a pet of some kind living in here then why were my corners and verticals chewed, the unit is flea infested, and the carpet in the second bedroom is ruined. When I vacated this unit on Feb 28,2010 my unit was in a very livable condition. We did many upgrades to this unit like new carpet, new tile, wood floors, new ac unit, exc. Since I have moved back in, I have spent almost $2000.00 in fixing all of the glitches including $1000.00 on the AC unit alone. It is a disgrace what they have put my family through and we have accepted full responsibility on the AC unit but for them to not even replace the carpet in the second bedroom as our management company is unacceptable. I have also had to spend money on a vet bill because my cat has been infested with fleas. Simple things such as light bulbs that were blown out were not even fixed when I moved in. They did not do an adequate move out inspection and have refused to take any type of responsibility in fixing these issues. We have gone back and fourth with them via email/mail for the past almost now two months. Every month for three years Orlando Equity proudly took their "management" fee from our tenants rent. This was between $80.00-90.00 per month. There was no "management" done. It is real simple. Be ethical,accept responsibility that mistakes were made, and fix them. There are hundreds on management companies in the Orlando area and we chose to use them since they were in the same building as my unit. This has caused tremendous stress to my family and it is to the point now that we want to sell the unit just so we have no ties what so ever to Orlando Equity. Orlando Equity also on several occasions let our tenants pay their rent late which caused our mortgage payment to be late and we had to pay additional fees. They never consulted us until we had to call them on several occasions to find out where our rent check was. Moving back in to the first home you ever purchased should be special and it has been nothing but a disaster. To add one final insult, they allowed a towing company to tow my car for an expired tag in the parking spot that I own. I did not know they were the police?

Brand new carpet in the second bedroom, new verticals in the living room, a pest control company to come in and fully spray since my numerous attempts to do it myself have not been successful, $135.00 for the towing company, and a full cleaning of the tile in the second bathroom. (Please compare the tile from that bathroom to the tile in the master bathroom). I have been working with the DMV for a month and a half to get my tag situation fixed. It is a shame that they would mandate a valid tag in my own parking space that is deeded in our name. So now make the new cost $2135.00 that has gone into this unit. Most of all, I am requesting an apology that they took no ownership or accountability for the living nightmare they have put us through including my poor cat.

Ms. ****** and HER FATHER were clients of Orlando Equity for the management of a condo rental unit in downtown Orlando. **** vacated the jointly owned unit -having herself had a pet, the unit had existing "damage" which was documented when we took over management of stained carpeting, damaged moldings and blinds as verified by photos and inspections.
Mr. ****** handled financial affairs of his daughter with regards to the property and was our contact point for work order authorization and leasing processes as well as for the distribution of proceeds from rental activity. We placed a qualified tenant in the unit, collected monthly rents; maintained the unit within our allowed authorized permissions from Mr. ****** and disbursed monies and produced reports monthly to ****'s father, MR ******.
The vacating tenant from the unit never missed a rental payment, and left the property in acceptable condition as when compared to the inspection documentation of when she took occupancy less some cleaning and touch up (that was deducted from the outgoing tenant's security deposit)- so no expense was imposed upon the Owner for "turning" the unit that **** would occupy.
The AC was in good working condition at the time of the tenant vacating. We do have documentation of some AC operational concerns during the tenancy and this is documented communication held with Mr. ****** who was consulted for authorization for proposed work.
Mr. ****** agreed to have **** retake occupancy of the unit at the end of the previous lease term and **** was dissatisfied with the condition of the unit when she regained occupancy with complaints on the maintenance of the unit during the time Mr. ****** was making all of the financial decisions for approving work to the unit. I communicated with Mr. ****** and noted that it had been a pleasure working with him. To address ****'s complaints, we agreed to expense additional services for pest control (she has a cat and complained of fleas), carpet cleaning and an additional maid service out of efforts to satisfy **** ******.
**** also complains that the CONDO ASSOCIATION had her car towed. Apparently the facts are that her vehicle was not legally licensed (per photo taken by the Towing Vendor) and after receiving a warning sticker to have her tag renewed and failing to do so, the vendor legally removed her car from the parking lot. While this is unfortunate, it is not something under the control of my company or my staff.

01/08/2013Billing / Collection Issues | Read Complaint Details

Failure to credit payments sent to the property account
Metro Investments owns 4 office condos for which our company pays the associaiton dues. Orlando Equity failed to properly credit the account when payments were mailed, levying fines, and accumulate the fines without ever sending statement of deficiency, wrongly crediting excessive amounts to one unit showing advance payments while other unit receiveing late fee. We have made several requests in writing providing complete account of payments in May 23, 2012; and again on November 8, 2012 seeking full account of all funds received. The company has not yet responded as of today.

Orlando Equity should provide all records related to the four units and provide a detailed account of late fee levied on each unit.
2. Orlando Equity must allocate the funds received properly to all units and thus take full responsibilty for their posting wrongly in their ledgers
3. Orland Equity should take full responsibilty for all errors and late fee arising due to their own actions
4. Orlando Equity should take the matters to the Associaiton Board when requested by the owners in written correspondence which Ms. **** failed.

4/13/12 Mrs. ****** was notified of her missing payments; ****** ****** emailed statements and asked to check her records. 5/25/12 Mrs. ****** was sent ledgers again by the Accounting department at 3:58PM noting that late fees had accrued twice as payments were not being received by due date prescribed by the Association documents. 10/22/12 a written reminder of delinquency was sent. 11/8/12 ****** called acknowledging 12/11 and 2/12 payments missed and she requested that late fees be waived. A written request was received 11/8/12 and forwarded to the Board for consideration at the next Board Meeting 12/21/12. Funds are allocated as instructed by owner - according to what coupon is remitted with the payment.
Disputes by owners are promptly addressed in attempts to resolve however Owners payments must be remitted in accordance with the Rules of the Association - the Management Company does not set the rules, and is not at liberty to waive fees charged by the Association. No error was found on the accounts, only unpaid dues and corresponding late fees due payable by the owner.
Ms. ******'s failure to make timely payment on the Account(s) held by her have caused the Association to suffer and thus late payment fees are justified in accordance with The Offices of Veranda Park Building 7000's Declaration of Condominium Section 13.3 "...penalties apply if payment is not received within ten (10) days...18% per annum...and an administrative late fee..." Section 13.8 governs the application of payments which have been applied in accordance with these rules and those of Chapter 718 Florida Statutes. These are rules Owners agree to when they purchase in the Condominium - and not set by Management.

Ms ****** ******, Manager of the association failed to duly notify owners of non-receipt of payments. In her own narrative above, if payments were missed in 12/11, why the management did not send a letter until after 4/23/12?. During these four months, we were not aware that payment were not received and late fee accumulated. On 5/23/12, we have given full accounting of checks and sent a check for $884.63 to clear all balances and bring the accounts current as of 5/31/12 for all units owned by us. Ms. ****** cashed the check but did not post the accounts as directed. Ms ****** posted the funds in Unit 209 while payments were due in 201 creating an excessive balance in 209 to keep deficit in unit 201. Also, there was no communication after receiving the check informing balances if any due. Ms. ****** has been manipulating the association ledger to post late payments to unit 201 while our unit 209 carried excessive balance. We have requested that the funds be moved from 209 to 201 but Ms. ****** ignored. In all, Ms. ****** failed in her duty as association manager to post the paid amounts correctly and to communicate with owners when a payment is late in timely manner. As such, owners are not at fault and should not be subject to any late fee which has been manipulated by the Manager. Another owner who has two units, also have same problems with Ms. ****** accounting and lack of communication. On the top of all this, while we are paying full dues, Ms. ****** failed to transmit the funds to other association as required by the Condo docs, and thus our units are under lien put by the Veranda Park Interim Association responsible for common areas. We immediately demand that dues issues should be resolved and out units should be immediately removed of any lien by any association due to neglect of this management company.

Once again - payments were posted to the Owner's account as indicated on the payment coupon or receipt as provided by the Owner. If no indication is included with the payment then the payment will be applied to open balances in accordance with Florida Statute 718. This Owner received monthly reports to which a detailed collection report was provided each month. It is the Owner who has ignored the request for attention to their account and the Owner's responsibility to make timely, correct payments to the Association. On properties where Owners have more that one unit, as in this case - credit balances were discussed with the Owner prior to posting an adjustment (this was done at the Owners request 11/21/12 - this adjustment was not sufficient to cure the delinquent balance however).
It is the Owner's responsibility to denote where payments are to be applied upon making such payments - delinquent payments incur additional fees from the Association (not Management)- unfortunately, this Owner does not have an accurate understanding of how the Association's collection rule is prescribed.
The Owner is making false statements of Lien with regards to the Veranda Park Interim Association and may be subject to slander and liable charges at this point. As Management of the Association, we operate in accordance with the Declaration of Condominium of the Association and FS Chapt. 718. This Owner complains with regards to the payment of funds on behalf of the Association, yet fails to acknowledge that Owner delinquency prevents the ability for the Association to meet its financial obligations - this is not a factor of Management.
The matter of any Association lien is a legal matter not handled by the Management, but rather the Association's Attorney and the Official Board. The statements made by the Owner are unjust claims wherein the Owner fails to take responsibility for their own actions (or lack thereof) to make proper and timely payments to the Association. Further statements witnessed and made within this complaint by this Owner are false and defamatory in nature and will be forwarded to my Attorney for legal action.

Property Management, Association Management