BBB Accredited Business since 07/30/2010

Aegis Community Management Solutions, Inc.

7 complaints closed with BBB in last 3 years | 3 closed in last 12 months

08/11/2016Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

my husband ********** and I *********** noticed that we had been paying double each month on our HOA fees for over 2 months. When we saw this, we call
1,800 dollars double payment

refund of money told we would get on June 26th. 2 months and still no refund

Our records reflect that on July 22, 2016, the complainant contacted our office to request a refund of the overpayment. The overpayment was verified same day and a refund request was placed. Unfortunately, an overpayment of an HOA in this amount is very rare and requires special auditor backup. The requirement was not conveyed in a timely manner to the manager approving the check and it was delayed as a result. Karla K** spoke with the homeowner on August 9, 2016 and explained the error and provided that a check was cut and mailed same day (august 9). We apologize for the inconvenience.

02/25/2016Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Failure of Aegis to provide all ************* HOA records/files to the new ************* HOA Management Company.

Aegis Community Management Solutions, Inc., 8390 Champions Gate Blvd. Ste 304, Champions Gate, FL 33896, served as the Community Management Company for the ************* Homeowners' Association (HOA) from 2012 to 2015. On May 1, 2015 the *********************************************************** Clermont, FL 34714 officially became the Community Management Company of the ************* HOA, and Aegis was to have transferred ALL of the ************* HOA records and files to ***. In mid January 2016, the ************* HOA needed a specific set of three 2014 violation letters related to the "exterior maintenance" of a ************* home. When the three violation letters were not found among the transferred records/files, *** contacted Aegis, who indicated that the information could not be accessed. However *********, the software company that Aegis uses as its violation system, indicated that the ************* HOA information is archived and accessible to Aegis. To resolve the issue, the ************* HOA respectfully requests the Central Florida BBB's assistance with the retrieval of the requested violation information.

As the President of the ************* HOA, I am respectfully requesting the assistance of the Central Florida BBB in the retrieval of the three 2014 violation letters related to the "exterior maintenance" of the ************* home owned in 2014 by ***************** and located at **********************

On April 16, 2015 all of the official records of the ************* association, both those which were conveyed to Aegis at the time Aegis was initially engaged and those which were developed and created during the period that Aegis was under the contractual relationship with *************, were transferred to the new management company. These records included the digital media which included all of the smartwebs (covenant enforcement) data. See attached certification of transfer of these records. On or about February 4, 2016, Aegis was notified by the attorney for ************* that the media device conveyed with the records was either missing or inaccessible. See attached letter. On the same day, Aegis submitted a request to smartwebs to determine whether or not this data still exists. If it does exist, Aegis will happily transfer the same to the legal counsel for ************* as requested. However, ************* has not been an active user of the smartwebs platform since April 2015 and we simply do not know today, after 9 months have passed without any indication that the media was inaccessible, if the data still exists. Again, we will alert the associations lawyer as soon as we receive a reply from the technical department at smartwebs.

While it's great that Aegis is attempting to retrieve the 3 Violation Letters regarding "Exterior Maintenance" for *******************, whose owner in 2014 was *****************, the ************* HOA will not be satisfied with an Aegis response until Aegis has provided the ************* HOA with the 3 Violation Letters related to the "Exterior Maintenance" of ******************. (*********) I have talked with ************ of Sales & Operations, ************, and he informed me that ********* has archived our ************* HOA violation information and that all Aegis needs to do is to request the information from ********* so until the ************* HOA receives the 3 letters regarding "Exterior Maintenance" for ******************., the current response from Aegis is unacceptable.

The file was sent to ****************** today February 19 2016.

Aegis Community Management Solutions, Inc. has successfully retrieved for the ************* HOA the three violation letters related to the "Exterior Maintenance" of ******************. Therefore the ************* HOA considers the matter resolved.

05/22/2014Billing / Collection Issues | Read Complaint Details

emailed them for payment slip they never sent one put into collections to find out the slips mailed to Debary no attempt to resolve from company.
We notified company by email that we did not receive our payment coupon with our address attached they said that they would mail out a duplicate this was Dec 2012.Each time that it was due no mail was sent to our address.There are no letters sent out thru them or HOA for HOA fee amounts due dates and address.In March of this year we received letters from collection agency two days apart stating that we owed 2 different amounts .The second letter did not have a breakdown of charges and was $200 more then the one dated 2 days before.The second collection letter was sent usps and certified.We tried calling the management office and left messages to resolve the issue as well as emails with no satisfactory reply.I wanted to know what address have they been sending my bill to and they said that in a email that I would have to talk with the collection company.When my husband talked with collections and settled the bill before it went up more and they threatened a lien on our property they told us that there was 3 coorespondance of bills sent to a address in Debary at another one of their properties.But yet there was no attempt to contact us about late fees payment slips or any attempt at all to collect. It is the responsibility of this company to handle funds and send bill payments out to the correct address,We spoke with a member of the HOA board and he asked the property manager if everyone was getting their bills that it was brought to his attention that some were not.All i wanted was to know where the bills were being sent and why. i tried emailing the company asking for the owner or the office manager to contact me about this issue and their employees failure to do their job correctly.I also wanted to let them know of their poor customer service of not returning phone calls or supplying me with my billing informaton.Our contact through Blackberry Creek HOA has been corresponding with the property manager and she blatantly refuses to see where she made the mistake but yet a collection agency can manage to find our correct address.And if the company had tried to mail us to the wrong address it should have been returned to them and if a letter from them was sent certified that would have been returned as well because it was the wrong address in Debary we live in Saint Cloud for 8 years now and have never had a problem from past management.The HOA board has seen the emails that went back and forth between the board member and management but the issue was just thrown aside. We were going to address the matter at the HOA meeting tomorrow but it has been canceled and said property manger said that our complaint was personal and not for agenda at meetings . i would like to know how many of our neighbors have been wronged in this manner.I would like to speak to the owner as well as any boss over this manager so that they are aware of their negligence .I believe that we should have never seen this issue get so out of hand and go beyond what we owe in HOA fees.I still don't know to this day if they have our address correct. I do know through emails to our board member that the property manager is aware that we tried to contact the head of the company about this complaint but as i said we have not been contacted by phone or email from the owner or office manager.The customer service that we have gotten has been rude to the point of the property manager yelling on the phone at my husband after telling me in an email that she would not talk with me about the matter.She assumed that we were going to be a problem and even told us in email that a cop would be at the HOA meeting if I caused a problem. All we wanted was some answers and a resolution to their lack of communication.I would love to have fought their complaint but my husband didn't want a lein on our home but i am complaining again now loud and clear that i would like to hear from the owner himself and know what they are going to do about this and about their employee.Thank you.

I would like to see all but the HOA fees refunded to me the bill came to 1032.92 and the HOA fees were only 462 i believe and also I would like to speak with the owner of the management company to resolve the issue with the property manager and her handling of bad customer service and accusations

Please consider the following important information. First, ***** was engaged as the managing agent for the Blackberry Creek community in Oct 2013. When the official records were conveyed to ***** by the prior managing agent, the claimants address was listed as the subject Debary address. From that time until referral of the matter to the collection agency, notices to the claimants address were returned by the post office. The Association does not possess the means to perform investigative services in order to locate owners correct mailing address. The collection agency was engaged to perform that function, which has resulted in determining the correct mailing address. Further, the owners lawful obligation to remit the necessary payments exists whether an invoice is received or not. This is due to the fact that obligation is a recorded covenant against the claimants property. Second, we have reviewed our records closely and have found no record of any notification of a new address prior to the referral of the matter to the collection agency. Beginning in March of 2014, we have numerous records. There would be no reason for the manager or other staff member to ignore such a notification as it is counter productive to our mission. Since that date we have updated our records to reflect the Creek Bed address. The claimant by her own admission admits to knowing about the Association, its elected Board of Directors, and its managing agent. Even in the event that ***** failed to update the address properly once or even twice, this matter could have been resolved in a few days, rather than two years simply by remitting the obligatory payments. Third, we have reviewed audio of two phone calls between the manager and the claimant and have found a meaningful degree of hostility from the caller. The managers response, while perhaps not as cordial as we intend, was not unreasonable. Nonetheless, the manager is in the process of being reassigned for unrelated reasons and ***** will endeavor to ensure that the replacement manager is aware of this matter.

The actual balance on the claimants account prior to the referral of the matter to the collection agency was $618.34. The settled balance is $1032.92. Neither ***** nor the Association have any legal authority to waive HOA balances. However, in the effort to resolve this matter as fairly as possible, ***** will agree, without admitting any failure or negligence, is willing to remit payment to claimants in the amount of 50% of the difference, or $207.29. If this is acceptable, please direct an email to ********@aegiscms.com

We certainly apologize for the aggravation this matter has caused and it is not our intention for this to occur.

We accept this and hope that they clear up our address because we DID email them back in December 2012 with our address BEFORE the first bill of 2013 was even due notifying them that we DIDN'T receive payment coupons. I included my name and address in the original email. Aegis failed to figure out they were sending our statements to a non existent address in the wrong town. Furthermore we never received a letter stating that there was a new management takeover and that this is your payment plan for this much due on this date to this address. This we will take up with the HOA now.Considering that we have always received our notifications before in the past I do not know where this company went wrong and hope that they have it straight now. We have lived here for many years and have never made late payments in the past. We have still not received a payment coupon for the second scheduled payment of 2014.

08/26/2016Billing / Collection Issues | Read Complaint Details

Cannot pay the HOA online as Aegis didn't set my account properly. This issue wasn't resolved for months and now the collect agency fee kicks in.
I owns a property in Orlando. I used to pay HOA fees online, it is the most convenient way for me as I don't live in Florida. Since the management company was transferred to Aegis in May, I was not able to pay the HOA fee online.

I contacted Aegis as soon as I found out the HOA was overdue. The earliest email is dated on June 24th. Since then, no real progress was made to resolve the issue. I was told to set up the online account by myself, but was provided a wrong account number by an administrative assistant. I was NOT able to set up the account using the wrong account number and then after a week or two, I was referred to the customer care center, only then I found out that my account number was wrong and the online setting was wrong. Then somebody in your customer care center told me that I have to contact the accounting department and ******************** to fix the online payment problem. But the phone number given to me was never picked up by a real person (I overheard the Bank was off, don't know what that means). I emailed Aegis twice in July and there were no responses. I tried to find out the bank's contact information and was told I have to call Aegis because of some account error (code "SH01"). I called the customer care again on August 3rd and now this time I was told my account is with a collect agency.

I called the collect agency immediately and got all the letters through email one hour ago. Now I realized there is an additional 200 USD agency fee plus interest plus certified mails charge added into my account. Plus, I don't know if this will impact my credit score, which currently is very important to me.

To be noted, I never received any letters through post office. And nobody in Aegis made any effort to contact me by phone or email although all of my information was provided to the company.

First, Aegis should set up my online account properly so I could make a payment online going forward. Secondly, Aegis should either take the case back from the collect agency or refund / credit the collect agency fee and all relevant to me if I have to pay through the collect agency. In total, that is 228.92 USD. Third, Aegis should make a correction to my credit report if there is any damage because of this issue. Lastly, Aegis should waive or credit back all my HOA outstanding balance as a compensation for all the inconveniences. In total, that is 827.18 USD.

The above complaint fails to include any reference whatsoever to a physical address that is the subject of the complaint. The complaint does list the homeowners last name but there are 113 of the same name in our owner record system so we are unable to offer a reply to the specifics of the complaint. Please provide this information.

I did not provide my address as I had an impression that the personal information should not be part of the complains. However, I could definitely give you the address if it is required: ********************************************** And my account number with Aegis is ******* My name is *************. Please provide response at your earliest convenience. Thanks, *******

Most importantly, Aegis is a third party management company for *************** (the "HOA"). The fees that are assessed to the owners of homes in the HOA are done in accordance with the recorded covenants for the HOA and not by Aegis. The remedies the HOA imposes to collect unpaid assessments are determined by the elected Board of Directors for the HOA and not by Aegis. Lastly, the payment of the assessments is not a consumer debt but rather are imposed by the deed to the real estate. Neither the recorded covenants nor state law provide conditions related to the timely payment of these assessments. There is no requirement that they be convenient, or that the owner even receive an invoice. Notwithstanding the above, here is the history on the account.

Aegis was engaged as the management company for the HOA on June 1 2016. During the course of this transition, Aegis was supplied with a mailing address for the complainant by the previous management company. All of our correspondence was sent to that address until July 14 when the complainant called and provided the accurate address in Canada. However, by that date, the account was beyond 90 days delinquent and was referred to the collection agent. The complainant also required a payment arrangement on that date (see attached).

The complainant successfully logged in to the website, which allows payment of the assessment, numerous times between July 14 and August 3 (see attached). To date, still no payment has been rendered and the account is now 120 days delinquent.

The facts asserted by the complainant are not supported by our detailed records.

Notwithstanding the above, Aegis has no authority whatsoever to waive assessments or otherwise settle the account with anything less than full payment. Florida law and the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act speaks to undisputed amounts owed. The principal balances owed are not in dispute and should be paid. This will not settle the account but would show good faith as the complainant requests in writing a settlement offer from the HOA, which can be done through Aegis.

03/12/2015Billing / Collection Issues | Read Complaint Details

Aegis Community Management Solutions lost my contact information and sent me to collections for non-payment.
Second complaint filed for same issue. Response to first complaint XXXXXXXX I was asked by the HOA to request in writing the late fee and interest waivers. I did that through certified mail and never heard back. The collection agency that I was referred to told me in an email today(only after I inquired) that my request was rejected and I still owe the entire amount. I requested this statement in writing and was answered that there is nothing in writing, this is just what they were told. No minutes, no proof my request was ever put before the board! Highly unprofessional. Sending a new letter today (attached). Original letter also attached.
In July 2014, was originally sent to collections after non-payment for 9 months. Reason that I did not pay is that I never got a bill. HOA admitted that during transfer from other previous HOA my contact information was lost. I have paid for many years and never missed a payment, I never had any issues with other HOAs.
Additionally, I was just fined $2000 for weeds. A preposterous amount that I believe was done in retaliation. Those weeds were removed as soon as I was notified they existed. Fighting that battle separately. I live out of state and tenants occupy property.

Waiver of late fees and interest charges

This complaint is filed Aegis Community Management which is the wrong party to direct this matter to. Aegis is the managing agent for the community association where the owner owns property and has no governing authority whatsoever. The community association board of directors directed that this matter be referred to the collection agency after the account had become delinquent by almost a year. The account remains to this day nearly two years removed, delinquent. The owner has allegedly sent a request to the collection agency to waive the late fees which was allegedly refused by the Board of Directors. That may be because the owner has refused to make any payment whatsoever, even for the portion of the debt that is not in dispute. Lastly, the debts are a matter of public record. Notice of the assessment is a recorded covenant against the real estate. No invoice is required. Nonetheless, invoices and subsequent late notices were sent, as provided in the previous complaint response, to the address on record for the property owner. However, at each phase throughout this process, Aegis acts only at the express direction of the governing authority for the community association and takes no action on its own. It has not authority to resolve this matter on behalf of the complainant and only encourages the complainant to make payment arrangements with the collection agency as soon as possible.

Very unprofessional management group.

It is not true that we have not made any payments. A payment of almost $400 was made late 2014 (attached). This was not applied to what I legitimately owe ($80 per quarter)which is what I wanted to pay but instead was used for late fees and collection fees, etc.

So Aegis has no idea if my request was heard, presented, or dismissed. That request was sent certified mail, so there is no "allegedly", the collection agency admits to receiving it, what did Aegis do with it? Did they ever forward that letter to the board?

Aegis is only speculating on the reason my petition was denied and can not tell me for sure what actually happened. I was told by the collection agency that my request was refused but no paperwork or evidence exists (just verbal).

So Aegis states that they do not determine if late fees can be dropped etc. I just sent a second letter requesting a review and reduction of charges made. How can I make sure the board considers this petition? Besides Aegis and the collection agency, who else should I send the letter to? Do I need to send the letter to the board? What is the address? I live out of state and cannot just show up to a board meeting.

I just want to KNOW that my new petition will be considered, with proof in meeting minutes or elsewhere. I don't think that is too much to ask.

Unfortunately, Aegis Community Management does not possess the authority to accommodate the complainants request. The complainant is a member of a mandatory homeowners association which is governed by an elected Board made up of fellow property owners. This Board sets the operational policies of the Board of Directors and Aegis has no authority to reverse decisions and actions of the Board of Directors.

under Florida law, the obligation to pay these assessments falls upon he property and no obligation to issue invoices or other payment instruments falls upon the association. Notwithstanding the above, the Association does send payment instruments to the address on file for each property owner. It is not true that Aegis 'lost' the contact information for the complainant. It may be possible that the associations records were incorrect when provided to Aegis but the complainant is on lawful record notice of the obligation to pay assessments by virtue of the recorded covenant upon the real estate the complainant owns. The Association has not obligation to perform searches for owners who are on such record notice.

In summary, the account was referred to a third party collection agency unrelated to Aegis. Part of the service this agency offers is performing skip tracing services for owners who have failed to provide their accurate mailing addresses. The complainant is encouraged to direct concerns to the Board of Directors or to the collection agency but Aegis has no means of resolving the concern.

08/04/2014Billing / Collection Issues | Read Complaint Details

We received a letter form the Association Capital Recovery / Resources demanding payment of $1,182.95. on the behalf of:Black Bear Reserve HOABlack Bear HOA -9001 C/O ***** ********* ******** ************* **** # ***************** FL XXXXXThis same letter informed us that we could dispute the validity of said dept with in 30 days.* I did this with a certified receipt required letter, along with recipients of payments and documentation (the original ledgers, missing the Feb 2011 to July 2012 dates.) from the Upson Downs HOA and Black Bear Reserve HOA that severely show they accounting methods are highly questionable. Example; Our closing date on XXXXX ****** ***** ******* ******* XXXXX is July 8th 2009.Bank of America the mortgaging company paid from borrowers funds at the settlement a total of 6,045.48, allowing us to close with no out standing balances, leans or loans against our mortgage.Included in this paid from borrowers funds at settlement on July 8th, 2009:$57.60 payment for July 2009 Upson Downs HOA Assessment.$250.00 Initiation fee for Upson Downs HOABlack Bear HOA transferred $560.70 to Upson Downs HOA on Sept. 30. 2009Than on July 26.2012 transferred a balance of $380.83 back to Black Bear HOA.During this time frame all payments were received thru the Southwest Property Management Paypal AccountThe ledger attached from Upson Downs HOA begins with assessments owed by the former owner starting date of April 30, 2009 with balance of $1,012.08. 2 payments were made in July of 2009, First by Bank of America at closing and the second paid by us on July 30, 2009.Per the ledger from Upson Downs HOA, a $250.00 Initiation fee (was billed to the account again), a $34.17 interest on Final disbursement and a $60.00 unknown charge in October 2009.It appears that ether we were charged twice in October 2009... on October 1, 2009 and October 25, 2009 or the $60.00 unknown charge was a payment incorrectly logged on to the ledger. We believe it was the later.We have provided copies receipts from Southwest Property Management Paypal Account from dated July 1, 2009 thru December 29, 2009.
Product_Or_Service: HOA DUES
Account_Number: Black Bear HOA -9001

Cease the treat to put a lien against our property and that A neutral third party accountant be assign to review the all Upson Downs HOA ("UPD")and the Black Bear Reserve Master Association ("BBR") accounting books.***Keeping in mind that the former owners/accountants **** ******* and his wife *** *** ******* were charged with 25 counts of grand theft and one count of money laundering.the Carsons stole about $1.5 million from the bank accounts belonging to the Black Bear Homeowners Association

Aegis Community Management Solutions is the contracted management agent for the Black Bear Reserve HOA. A portion of the duties incident to that agency is the provision of accounting related services for the Black Bear Reserve community. Some of these aforementioned accounting services are based
on information it was provide by the previous management company for which Aegis has no responsibility or knowledge beyond the data, and some of these services include data which was entered since the time Aegis was contracted and for which it maintains direct responsibility. The complainant has long disputed the validity of the claim in question and Aegis has made every effort to provide the data it possesses. To its knowledge, the complainant has not provide proof that payments are missing or misposted.

However, the Black Bear Reserve HOA has since contracted ACR to undertake collection of the subject amount and under the direction of the Black Bear Reserve HOA, that entity now retains sole authority regarding the subject amount. Aegis has no authority whatsoever in this matter. The Board of Directors is the governing authority for the Black Bear Reserve HOA and it has provided Aegis explicit instructions that Aegis is not to intervene in the collection processes that are ongoing for all homeowners who are allegedly delinquent in the payment of the HOA assessments.

ACR is a licensed collection agency and under the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act, is now the appropriate party with which to dispute the validity of the debt.

Same as last year, As I stated before is that there are months missing from the ledgers, large discrepancies in the ones provided and Black Bear Reserve HOA and Aegis Community Management Solutions are deliberately behaving obtuse so they can virtually plot ways to replace the $1.5 million from stolen from the bank accounts belonging to the Black Bear Homeowners Association by **** ****** and his wife *** *** ******* whom position themselves as the sole members and officers of the board of directors and are currently incarcerated.
Just as Aegis Community Management Solutions is virtually hiding behind Black Bear Reserve HOA, Instead of doing their jobs and carefully reviewing the books for all of the home owners caught up in this diabolical.

I had to pay the bill under extreme distress, Association Capital Recovery stated we had 30 days to dispute the validity of said dept with in 30 days.* I did this with a certified receipt required letter, along with recipients of payments and documentation (the original ledgers, missing the Feb 2011 to July 2012 dates.) from the Upson Downs HOA and Black Bear Reserve HOA that show their accounting methods are highly questionable.
They flat out refused to review the dispute and informed us that they are going forward with lien regardless. It boggles the mind how these companies hide behind the Black Bear Reserve HOA. First the Association Capital Recovery citing that Aegis Community Mgmt **** ************* **** # *** ************** ** XXXXX provided them with assessments due, than Aegis Community Mgmt citing they are not responsible for the collection of past due Black Bear Reserve HOA accounts, best part is if you contact Black Bear Reserve HOA they refer you to back Aegis Community Mgmt. Some one somewhere has to be held accountable for what I now consider fraudulent book- keeping past and present by the Black Bear Reserve HOA.

The documents supplied by the complainants have been reviewed numerous times and appear as payments in be subject ledgers. Without evidence of additional payments the association is unae to make adjustments to the account.

I had to pay the bill under extreme distress, Association Capital Recovery stated we had 30 days to dispute the validity of said dept with in 30 days.* I did this with a certified receipt required letter, along with recipients of payments and documentation of payments made (THE ORGINAL LEDGERS, minus the MISSING the Feb 2011 to July 2012 dates.) from the Upson Downs HOA and Black Bear Reserve HOA that show their accounting methods are grossly questionable.. However, They flat out refused to review the dispute and informed us that they are going forward with lien regardless. Their solution to the complaint is that the owner must supply evidence of payment, such as a cancelled check, They demand this knowing full well that the PayPal account set up online for the HOA payments does not provide cancelled checks. Aegis has refused copies of PayPal statements with corresponding copies of bank statements. I would be happy to fax these documents to the BBB if a fax number can be provided
It boggles the mind how these companies hide behind the Black Bear Reserve HOA. First the Association Capital Recovery citing that Aegis Community Mgmt **** ************* **** # *** ************** ** XXXXX hired them and provided them with assessments due, than Aegis Community Mgmt citing they are not responsible for the collection of past due Black Bear Reserve HOA accounts, best part is if you contact Black Bear Reserve HOA they refer you to back Aegis Community Mgmt. Some one somewhere has to be held accountable for what I now consider fraudulent book- keeping past and present by the Black Bear Reserve HOA.

02/18/2014Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

AEGIS HAS NOT BEEN RESPONSIVE AND HAVE VIOLATED 3 FLORIDA STATUTES AND HAVE SINGLED ME OUT
On Friday December 20th, 2013 I walked outside to find my VW Jetta gone. After learning from the OCSD that the Assc hasit removed by Magic Tows at my expense,a day away from work and $251.70 later I retrieved the car. This is MY personal vehicle of a few that I posses and park in the complex, none of which are "dilapidated, run down, wrecked or non functional", per your Rules and Regs at Ventura. This vehicle is/was not an eyesore and was not in any violation of parking.This is poor communication to place paper notices on the windshield of the car and allow me 7 days to find said notices and respond. If I were traveling or not using the vehicle those 7 days there is no way I would or could respond or prevent your actions. Which is where I find myself now. I respectfully ask that this process be evaluated for future tenants/owners. Perhaps you can devise a formal notification by registered mail or maintain a list of approved vehicles, or use a parking permit, any other option that is more credible than a paper note on the windshield that may/may not be seen, may/may not blow away.In reference to the illegal act of towing my car I would like to address the following per 2013 Florida Statute 715.07:
(a) The towing or removal of any vehicle or vessel from private property without the consent of the registered owner or other legally authorized person in control of that vehicle or vessel is subject to strict compliance with the following conditions and restrictions:
1.a. Any towed or removed vehicle or vessel must be stored at a site within a 10-mile radius of the point of removal in any county of 500,000 population or more, and within a 15-mile radius of the point of removal in any county of less than 500,000 population.
(4)When a person improperly causes a vehicle or vessel to be removed, such person shall be liable to the owner or lessee of the vehicle or vessel for the cost of removal, transportation, and storage; any damages resulting from the removal, transportation, or storage of the vehicle or vessel; attorney's fees; and court costs.
(5)(a) Any person who violates subparagraph (2)(a)2. or subparagraph (2)(a)6. commits a misdemeanor of the first degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082 or s. 775.083.
(b)Any person who violates subparagraph (2)(a)1., subparagraph (2)(a)3., subparagraph (2)(a)4., subparagraph (2)(a)7., or subparagraph (2)(a)9. commits a felony of the third degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082, s. 775.083, or s. 775.084.Further per 2013 Florida Statute 320.01:
(25) "Commercial motor vehicle" means any vehicle which is not owned or operated by a governmental entity, which uses special fuel or motor fuel on the public highways, and which has a gross vehicle weight of 26,001 pounds or more, or has three or more axles regardless of weight, or is used in combination when the weight of such combination exceeds 26,001 pounds gross vehicle weight. A vehicle that occasionally transports personal property to and from a closed-course motorsport facility, as defined in s. 549.09(1)(a), is not a commercial motor vehicle if the use is not for profit and corporate sponsorship is not involved. As used in this subsection, the term "corporate sponsorship" means a payment, donation, gratuity, in-kind service, or other benefit provided to or derived by a person in relation to the underlying activity, other than the display of product or corporate names, logos, or other graphic information on the property being transported.First, there is a clear violation of the FSthat my vehicle was towed to a facilty exceeding the radius alotted when I have a verified list of more than 5 towing companies who provide service within the parameters of the law as stated.Second, you indicated the lettering placed on my window makes it "commercial". This is absurd and a far stretch of terminology, it is a personal vehicle that is registered in my personal name.Third, nothing contained state the lawful act of towing an expired tag.

A full refund as the car has been damaged from the improper towing and has caused further distress and expense. While many cars remain on the property with expired tags and commercial signage. I continue to be singled out and threatened about my vehicles and how I use them.

The complainant above resides in the ******* at ***** **** Condominium Association. The Association imposes rules and regulations relating to the use of the common property including the use of the parking lots. These rules and regulations are enforced by the elected Board of Directors who maintain all governance authority for the Association. Aegis Community Management Solutions is the management company for the Association. However, Aegis maintains no governing authority over the existence of the rules or their enforcement. Aegis acts as agent for the Association only and undertakes no action without the full knowledge, direction and consent of the Board of Directors. The Board of Directors authorizes the remedies imposed to compel compliance with the covenants including any towing of unauthorized vehicles. Further, claims related to damage that allegedly occurred during the above towing may be directed to the towing company that effected the above removal. Any requests for reimbursement by the above complainant may properly be directed to the Association. In the above matter, aegis has presented a proper request to the Board and that Board has approved reimbursement of half of the towing costs in the endeavor to reach a reasonable solution only and has not done so because it believes it has violated any relevant statute or law. Any further negotiation must be presented to the Board of Directors. This complaint filed with the BBB against Aegis is simply misdirected as it has demonstrably responded to the requests of the complainant
far beyond the requirements of the law.

Aegis claims that they are acting as agent for the Board of Directors/Association. As acting agent and being licensed by the state and to follow local laws while acting at the direction of the Board/Association they are responsible. Aegis claims that a refund was approved for 50% however it has been 45 days and no payment has been issued. Further, I have requested the minutes of Board meetings but have yet to receive anything. Aegis claims it is not responsible and has no knowledge of any statutes being broken which they know to be false. In addition I have supplied pictures and evidence of vehicles that remain on the property still with expired tags yet nothing is being enforced and certainly not as swiftly as was against me as they remain on property in obvious site 30+ days later. ***** ****** claims to have responded however the responses are empty shifts of blame back to the Board. As agent he should be held accountable to communicate and act swiftly with my claim as he has done with the Board. I have been singled out from an entire community and threatened that I was storing my vehicle illegally among other invalid claims. This claim is not misdirected against Aegis any more than the improper action enforced against me by Aegis and ***** *******

Email to owner of Aegis never responded to:

Mr. *******

Please see the email exchanges regarding a situation where my vehicle was towed for "expired tags, abandonment and viewed as a commercial vehicle" from the ******* community in ***** **** on December 18th. I have asked repeatedly for Mr. ****** to show made the policies and procedures involved in violations for the community parking as numerous vehicles have been and continue to be in violation of the same claims against me, though none have received a notice or been towed. Mr. ****** finally made the claim yesterday that a complaint was filed against me and as a result my vehicle was the only one noticed and towed. I have documented in the past 30 days more than 15 vehicles that are in violation of the 3 claims against me. ****** my tag was expired, my vehicle is not commercial nor was it abandoned. These were erroneous/false accusations against me. Further, due to the towing not only did I incur financial losses but my vehicle was damaged during the tow. As I explained to Mr. ****** in the state statutes, I do not see where the section governing the HOA and CAM nullifies the section pertaining to illegal towing and my rights. I have not received access to the minutes or files regarding parking notification nor have I received the refund for 50% of the towing. I am told that this is in process but I find it odd that an act to remove my vehicle mere days before Christmas could be expedited in 48 hours yet my request for information, explanations,justifications and reimbursement are "in process" some 30 days later. I have filed a complaint with the BBB and will file with the DBPR once I receive the requested information.

Should the HOA and Aegis choose when and on whom they will enforce a vague blurb in the rules and regs but choose to not have a policy/procedure to monitor and enforce all potential violations I am left to believe that is a violation of my rights and/or discrimination to single out one vehicle with one unknown complainant (which anyone charged guilty should have a right to face their accuser).

Aegis acts at the direction of the board of directors only. Neither ***** ****** nor Aegis have the independent authority to undertake any of the actions that are the subject of this complaint. Further, Aegis has responded to each and every inquiry including offering the complainant supervised access to the official records of the association, to which the complainant is not lawfully entitled, which was refused. The complainant resides in a deed restricted community. Among these restrictions is the prohibition of parking inoperable vehicles in the common area parking lots. The subject vehicle has no license tags displayed and remains in that condition to this date, and is effectively using the lot as storage to the detriment of adjoining residents who require parking for vehicles that are utilized. There are appropriate venues where the complainant can seek redress for any perceived inconvenience, property damage, or selective enforcement. Unfortunately, Aegis does not control the outcome or initiation of those processes. Again, Aegis can only act at the direction of the Board.

Property Management, Association Management