BBB Accredited Business since 07/25/2000

My Personal Plumber, Inc.

Phone: (407) 797-1900Fax: (407) 302-6993

11/04/2013Delivery Issues | Read Complaint Details

My Personal Plumber did not install the whole house filter properly, and charged me for services that will need to be completely redone.
I purchased an AquaSanna whole house water filter at some cost ($ 1500) this year in May.
I hired My Personal Plumber to install it.
Three months later I showed the filter installation to another plumber, who told me it was installed incorrectly and is only filtering half the water as it is attached to the hot water heater. It needs to be attached to the main water source in the house on the other side of the garage.
I contacted My Personal Plumber. First I talked to the son who installed it. He said his father owned the business and would call me the following Monday. No call. When I called the father on the following Monday, the father said it was not convenient for him to take my number and return my phone call, and that it was installed that way because I asked them to do it that way. Then he said it was a water softener and was in the right place. Clearly they both 1) don't know what they are doing and 2) are not acting in good faith to respond to my concerns. I want my money back as I will need to have the entire filter reinstalled at the other side of the garage.
I paid My Personal Plumber # 385.00 on May 29, 2013 by check number *****

I am very angry at their treatment of me, especially since when you google them they have all kinds of positive reviews locally. What a horrible company.

As our reviews and BBB reports will show we are an excellent service company. We hold high standards are treat all of our clients with high regard. We installed *****'s water filter in the location she choose which is stated on the invoice and signed by *****. When ***** called to complain several months after installation, I was out of town. *** told ***** we would reinstall the filter at no cost to her, but she refused, I arrived back in town on Monday afternoon and had a list of calls to make including one from *****. I was not sure of all the details and wanted to talk to *** before calling her back to get his side of the story. ***** called me about 6:00 PM as I recall, and I explained to her that I would pull her invoice and talk to *** and call her back. I did exactly that, and found that it was stated on the invoice and signed by ***** that she had filter installed in her desired location. I called ***** back on Tuesday and recieved her voicemail. I left a message for her to call me back to resolve her issue. It is our practice to do any work neccesary to make our clients happy. We are offering to move the filter anywhere ***** would like to have it moved at no additional cost to her. I will gladly include the signed invoice stating owners filter installed at owners advised location and signed work performed to my satisfaction. If ***** would have returned my call this would have been resolved by now.

I am not stupid. I am not a plumber. I would never tell any plumber to install a whole house filter in a location that did not achieve the goal of filtering the water.
I spoke to the company, Aquasana, that sells these whole house filters.
They had never heard of any plumbing company doing the installation like this.
I asked them if they agreed with the assessment of the other plumber in my house that I should get my money back.
"absolutely"
Job NOT DONE.
And I do not appreciate being somehow blamed or held responsible. If I knew how to do plumbing I'd be one.

As I have stated before if ***** would have returned my phone call THIS issue would have been resolved. I am returning her money to her and wish her well.

Plumbers, Plumbing - Contractor, Plumbing Drains & Sewer Cleaning, Water Heaters - Parts & Supplies, Water Heater - Tankless, Water Heaters - Dealers, Water Heaters - Repairing, Sewer Contractors, Drainage Contractors, Kitchen and Bath Remodeling