Best Offense Products, Inc.

11/28/2012Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

I purchased pest offense based on its assurance that it will get rid of mice. I have used this item for 2 months. Doesn't work.
I am a low income disabled person. I have a mice infestation. I purchased this item based on the company's assurance that it works. I have used it exactly as instructed. I have used it for two months. I have more mice now than when I started. I am very unhappy and out of $30. I wanted to take it back to Walmart. But I have lost the receipt. I feel like I was taken advantage of by deceptive advertising. I cannot afford this.

I would like my $30 back.

Dear Mr. ********

In a recent email from you regarding your purchase of the PEST OFFEENSEï®,we did in fact reply to your question and explained to you that Walmart has a return policy of 90 days with proof of purchase and that if your receipt has been misplaced or in your case thrown away that they would issue you a store credit. In addition to this suggestion we also explained how the product works and why you were seeing an increase of activity as well. The PEST OFFENSEï® device comes with an instruction sheet inside for the consumer to review and it also includes a section on suggestions during the clean out process and how to handle the situation, should an increase of activity arise.

The information sheet also includes a section in bold lettering as to what the consumer should do in case you are not fully satisfied with your purchase. Here is the information you were provided regarding a refund.

Should you require a refund you must return the unit to the place of purchase. Please be aware of the retailer's policy. Do not exceed the time period given by the retailer should you wish to receive a refund. The manufacturer is not responsible for refunds. The manufacturer is responsible for the warranty replacement of the device only. See warranty replacement section for guidelines.

As with any product purchased in the retail market, customers are always required to return it to the place of purchase. This has been the industry standard for decades.

Since you have not taken any of the recommended procedures to have your monies returned to you the manufacturer is willing to refund you the MSRP price of the device which is $29.95. Since you are not able to supply proof of payment or the amount you paid and Walmart sells this device for a much lower price we will only be able to refund the maximum amount of $29.95. In order for you to receive the refund you must mail the device back to us at Best Offense Products *************************************************. Please include a note with your mailing address. Once the device has been returned to us a check will be sent.

Pest Control Supplies & Equipment, Pet Supplies & Foods - Retail