BBB Accredited Business since 07/09/2001

John Locke Painting, Inc.

11/23/2015Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

John Lock Painting did a poor job on the stucco and then painted on top of the wet stucco less than 24 hours later.
On Saturday 10/03/2015 a stucco man from John Locke Painting came to our house to begin repairing our stucco without proper ladder or tools to begin job. This man tried to only perform a surface patch, discussed with sales rep was a total removal of stucco from the windows down with repairs included. The stucco man was going to leave rotted wood and black mold and stucco over the problem instead of fixing the issue. My husband and his friend ultimately re-framed the front of my house the rest of the weekend after speaking with Rick, the sales rep. The stucco man then returned on Monday 10/05/2015 after 5 pm to hang wire on the stucco. Stucco man returned again on 10/06/2015 after 5 pm to apply first coat of stucco which his helper told him was to "soupy" to apply to home, the stucco man proceeded to apply to my house. Stucco man returned again on 10/07/2015 mid afternoon and applied second coat and finish coat of stucco. A pressure washing company came also on 10/07/2015 and pressured washed 3 sides of the house. Less than 24 hours later on 10/08/2015, John Locke sent his painting crew to paint my house over wet stucco. The pressure washer man also returned on 10/08/2015 to pressure wash the front of my house also over wet stucco prior to the painters beginning their job. The stucco man then returned sometime on 10/08/2015 after the house was painted and reapplied stucco over wet paint without using a bonding agent. I returned home on that evening the 10/08/2015 to find paint all over my driveway, paint splatters, my house left with a huge gray blotch on the face of the house, missed spots around the house, a crack that still remains that I was told would not be able to be seen and would either be repaired by the stucco person or filled in when painting in which neither was done. I also have areas of cracks and chips in the paint that should have been filled or caulked prior to a paint job being performed. The wrong paint was used on my house. I personally spoke to the sale rep Rick and discussed with him to use **************** super paint, I even provided him with the **************** Paint sample numbers which he agreed upon. They ended up using a ****** paint product. I have called this company on Friday 10/09/2015 and spoke with Rick asking him to have the owner of the company call me, I called on 10/12/2015 and 10/13/2015 to have Mr Locke return my phone call and still have not heard back from anyone from this company. I have a house left unfinished, an eye sore from anyone passing by and would like some type of resolution and restitution of the damage done to my house so I can hire a more reputable to complete this job properly.

I would like contact from the owner of this company to return my phone calls. I would like to know the owner of the company is going to compensate me since I now have paint companies that have come and done estimates and will not warranty their work due to the improper job that was performed by John Locke Painting. I also would like the driveway, sidewalks and patio repaired from the stucco that was left to dry on it and the many paint splatters that now are on my property. Also 3 screens in the front of my house have stucco on them and need to be replaced. I can't get a resolution to this problem when the owner of the company will not return my phone calls

To make a long story short, the homeowners fired us before we ever had a chance to complete the job. The homeowners have not paid for any work that has been performed. We have tried to go back to finish, but they will not let us. How can we rectify their concerns if we are not permitted to come back? Neither homeowner was present when we were there performing our work. We had a meeting set up with them, and John Locke, the owner, our paint estimator/supervisor, our foreman and a paint representative was present. The homeowners were not there and told us to get off the property again when we called them to find out where they were. The paint representative said it was an excellent job. We painted their home the same as we do on every project we have. The stucco company has been doing work for us for many years, and we have never had an issue with the work they perform. He could not satisfy the homeowners either and was fired from the job. There is not one thing wrong with the paint job. The majority of the work is finished, but the homeowners will not let us go back to do a walk-through with them, put another coat of paint on the front door and a few small areas of touchups. Unfortunately, our only recourse has been to file a lawsuit.

07/16/2015Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

John Locke painters used the wrong type of paint. The paint is now peeling a year after the completion process.They were also rude and left trash.
I hired **** **** to paint my house last spring. Once I decided to hire them they were very pushy and threatening. The workers left trash in my yard and on my rooftop. In addition to my other issues I discovered a year later that the paint they applied is peeling.After doing some research I determined they used the wrong type of paint on my stucco house.

I want a refund for the work preformed and enough money to strip the exterior paint that is peeling.

Contact Name and Title: Katina *****, VP
Contact Email: ******@johnlockepainting.com
We had no idea the customer was unhappy until she filed this complaint. She never once contacted our office. We went by her house to see what was happening with her paint job. We spoke with her at length while we were there. She pointed out a few spots to us and we came back the next day and touched them up. We explained to her that it was not our paint job that was the problem. She told us at that time that she had jumped the gun and should not have filed a complaint with the BBB and that she would withdraw the complaint. We thought that had been done.

See Attached Picture:

John Locke Painting refuses to fix peeling paint issue.
Ever since John ***** painted my house two years ago chunks of paint bubble, blister, and peel from the stucco.The company refuses to communicate with me on how to solve the issue.
I tried negotiating with the sales rep Rick with no luck. John Locke Painting must properly prep and repaint the home,and warranty the work or refund the money I paid for supplies and services.

We have made two appointments with the homeowner to meet at her home with her and she wasn't there both times. We brought the **************** paint representative with us and he inspected the paint job, even though she wasn't there. He will testify that it is not our paint job that has failed. Her home is an older home and has been painted numberous times. It is from the previous paint jobs prior to ours that has failed and why it is peeling. The only places it is peeling is by the windows in which the homeowner is replacing the windows herself. She has had ongoing construction going on at her home for two years. That contractor is leaning things against the walls and messing up the paint also. We even offered to touch up the spots where her other contractor is working when he is done. We are not obligated to do that but we wanted to make her happy. Her house looks very good from our paint job. Please let us know if you need the testimony of the **************** paint representative.

Painting Contractors, Pressure Washing, Painters - Commercial or Residential, Commercial Painting Contractor