BBB Accredited Business since 03/06/2012

Best of Orlando Painting & Stucco, Inc.

12/24/2012Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

**** (owner) overcharged me for unnecessary work. He knew the work would not be productive, but still charged me for terrible quality work.
I originally obtained a quote from Best Orlando Painting for both painting and pressure washing my home. In the end, I was only available to afford the pressure washing.

Owner (****) came to my home and got started washing without me being there. He told me he would call first, but never did. When I arrived home, he was already working early Sunday morning. After about two hours, he said he was finished, even though the house looked terrible. There were spots everywhere.

He didn't wash the screen enclosure (he originally said he would) and there were bug spots everywhere. He had taken off a garland strand from the front of the house, never put it back, and when I did, it was broken.

Wen he told me he was finished, I told him I wasn't happy with the service, and he said he knew all along it wasn't going to come clean. I find it incredulous that he would "clean" (if you-could call it that, there was still spider webs on the back porch ceiling) knowing it wasn't going to come clean.

I believe he knew this all along, and that is why he started without me there.

For the 2 hours of shoddy unfinished work, he charged me $300.

I deserve my $300 back.

If he knew it wasn't going to come clean, why would he clean it? And, he never cleaned my screen enclosure as promised.

Contact Name and Title: Gary Baugh Jr. President
Contact Email: bestoforlando@cfl.rr.com
I gave Ms.******* proposal No:**** back on May 25, 2012. This December she called me telling me she could not afford the paint and asked me if I would pressure clean her house.(In orginial paint proposal which states the following: (1)Pressure wash house $300, (2)Paint house with Sherwin Williams super paint satin,(3) Paint Soffit and trim paint. Total cost of $3,000. The quoted cost of $300.00 was to pressure wash her house ONLY. She never said anything about pressure washing the pool screen enclosure till I was finished. I told her right then that it was never said or agreed upon. There is not one written word in the propasal about pressue washing the pool screen enclosure. I would never pressure clean a pool screen because of the pressure of 3700 psi could possibly damage her screen and did not want to take liablity if her screen was damaged. I would never agree to pressure wash anyone's screen for this reason. This house has not been painted in a very long time and the aluminium soffit and facia are original to the house(possible 25 years or older) and have never been painted before. A simple pressure washing would never bring the soffit and facia back to like new again, NEVER! Pressure washing only preps the house for it to be painted but in no way does it replace a paint job that this house so desperately needs.

I at no time over charged Ms. ****** pressure wash her home. I charge her exactly what was quoted,no more! In my many years of painting this house was surely negleted and never had any maintenance done.( stucco cracks are all over)The house sits on a lake was covered with bugs and mud dobbers. It was very dirty from lack of any maintenece. The soffit in the rear was falling off when I was originally there in May and 7 months later it still is. It was not a terible job but in fact I did what my pressure washing only would allow me to get clean. I told her it was never going to be as clean as NEW, There is no way around it she needs to have her home painted. Pressure washing a home IN THAT CONDITION does not take the place of a home being painted it only to preps a house for paint.

I told Ms. ****** that I would arrive at her home on Saturday or Sunday which she understood based on my prior phone conversation I had with her,and due to my schedule I could only make it on Sunday. Client does not have to be present for me to pressure wash their home. All my clients are not present when I pressure wash their homes. As, I mentioned above pressure washing will only do so much. It is Only to prep the home for a paint job. Normally, a average house does not take 2 1/2 hours to pressure wash was but I spent additional time with her home because it was so dirty ,I went over a vast magority of some of the area's more than once.It is as clean as it will EVER get outside of a new paint job PERIOD!

Regarding her garland. I was nice enough to take it down for her when she asked me,but she was right there when I took it down and I handed directly it to her as I was removing it. She was the one who placed it on the ground. I was nice enough to take it down for her. However, I was not the one who broke her garland IF THAT IS THE CASE.

After I was finished Ms. ****** paid me, she then told me she was not happy and I explained to her that pressure washing will not take the place of painting her home which is what is so needed.

I know I do a great job with all my client and I am very fair. When she contacted me and just wanted her house pressure washed only, she said she did not have the original paint bid proposal, but she remembered the pressure washing was $350.00 I went back through my records and found my quote from May it is was for $300.00, not $350.00 as she stated. When I was finished I charged her the $300.00 I quoted. How that for being fair Ms ******? I would be more than happy to paint her home and deduct the $300 off the price of painting her home.

I am sorry Ms. ****** is not happy but I know I did the best job that I was there to do. From what I started with it the house is clean as it possibe can get. This house desperately needs a paint job as stated on my paint propsal. Soffit and trim needs to be painted. No way around it. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WITH A SIMPLY PRESSURE WASHING REPLACE A MUCH, MUCH NEEDED PAINT JOB"!

Mrs. ******'s HIGH expectations of a simply pressure washing her home in liu of a much, much, much needed paint job was sorle misguided!

I am not satisfied with his response, but if that is the way he does his business, then I can't do anything more.

I feel taken advantage of, and I can only hope that in the future, before he charges $300 for 2 hours of work, he make it clear that a house will look the same as it did before he starts.

I can't do anything more than wonder how someone can feel comfortable treating a customer that way.

This will be the last time I respond regarding this woman.

I was there to pressure wash her house. I spent two and a half hours doing just that.

This house is as clean as it will get EVER be. Bottom line is this house desperately needs to be painted. Period!

I am sorry she cannot seem to understand, but pressure washing does not take the place of a new paint job. I am a painter not a magician!

Painting Contractors, Stucco & Exterior Coating Contractors, Painters - Commercial or Residential