BBB Accredited Business since 08/22/2011

FBC Mortgage, LLC

10 complaints closed with BBB in last 3 years | 5 closed in last 12 months

03/28/2016Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

I signed up with Home Loans Today to refinance my mortgage.They failed to process it and now they are not refunding the appraisal fees.
I had signed up with Home Loans Today to refinance my mortgage.After I provided all the paperwork, they told me that they've gone through it and everything is in order. Based on that, they order appraisal which I had to pay out of pocket. After waiting for a month and a half, they failed to close the loan. At that point, I demanded them to refund the appraisal amount.But now, they are refusing to do so. The fault is completely at their end since they were not diligent enough.
Here's my loan information:
Name: *******************
Number:**********
Loan Officer : Chelsea S****
Contact #: ************

I'm expecting Home Loans Today to refund the home appraisal amount of $475.00

Home Loans reached out to me and resolved the issue. They've refunded the appraisal amount I was looking for. Request you to please withdraw the complaint.

01/22/2016Delivery Issues | Read Complaint Details

We were in the final phase of closing. We were to close on Dec15,then it was pushed back to Jan 15 our appraiser said few repairs needed to be done.( small repairs broken glass on the ground, water feature removed from garden, baseboard in loft) Repairs were finished and we were told our appraiser was on vacation. The new appraiser said there were more repairs to be done. We asked if we could do a conventional loan n put more down but they said no we can not that the repairs 'needed' to be done. Then we were told the new appraiser said the condition of the home was 'C4' condition 'fair' condition n they couldn't close in fair condition.(my husband is in construction n knows that the home was in good condition) We asked for documentation, they did not give it to us. We wanted the first appraiser do the final check (in his docs stated home was 'well maintained'). We were told that he would be back on January 8th, I thought it was odd for someone in construction to be on vacation for a month so my husband called our appraiser (1st he replied he was never called to go back to the property, and had not gone on vacation. So surely we had questions. After much back and forth the lenders management company came honest and said that they could not get a comparison for a log cabin within 10 miles.(if that is the truth) If we were told this earlier we would not have put time and money into trying to get a loan with this company. They were very misleading that we could close and very dishonest. I don't understand all the lies about the condition of the home and about the 1st appraiser being on vacation and if a 2nd appraise even exist.So about $2000-$3000 and 3 months waisted because they were not upfront and misleading, and a bit discriminatory. Our family of 5 moved out of our rental, we gave our 2 months notice, n are with relatives. I have emails of all of this. We have been very patient, understanding and polite but now they will not return our emails or calls and we are supposed to close in 2 weeks.

I wish that they could uphold their agreement. We got a home well within our budget below 1/4 of our income. I have been in construction for over 15 years and can fix any problem on a home that we would come across. My finances are good, no large debts, really 'no' debts, have a secure income, and my credit is ok. My wife and I don't understand at all.

This Dispute has been resolved by FBC Mortgage.

01/15/2016Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

We had a fire in our home, the insurance company paid the policy limit. FBC Mortgage does not want to pay my contact.
We had a house fire on June 9th 2014, the cause of the fire was never determined. The insurance paid the policy limit of 305k estimating a rebuild of 276k. I hired a licensed contractor to do all the repairs in the home. FBC Mortgage sent my contractor 40k to start the repairs and my contractor started the work. I scheduled an inspection for FBC Mortgage to inspect the work and release more funds. The inspector came and stated that the home was at 45% complete. FBC Mortgage then decided that unless my contractor was at 50% complete, they wouldn't sent any funds. How can he have 50% of the home completed with only 40k on a rebuild of 276k. I have contacted numerous supervisors, they give me a time frame of 24-48 hours for a call back, but I never hear from them. I have been asking for my contractors payment schedule to be honored for over a month. They will not pay him, he is no longer doing work on my home. I have to pay over $2,200 in mortgage, HOA, Lawn Maintenance, for a home I cannot live in. FBC Mortgage has made my life a living ****. They are very unprofessional, they are constantly missing paperwork, they never call back. Every time I contact them, there is a new excuse to not honor my contractors payment schedule.

They need to honor my contractors payment schedule, so that my house can be finished and I can move back.

please remove complaint all issues have been resolved.

08/13/2015Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Provided personal information (status of my application) to a builder that we DO NOT have a contract with.

I contacted FBC Mortgage to get prequalified for a construction loan. I spoke to a "Amanda" whom was very helpful at the beginning with taking my information. I was asked at the beginning if I had a signed contract with a builder. I did state "no, but whom we were considering". We continued on with the application process and documentation was sent to her.

The following day she became very rushy and irritated to speak with me. Amanda contacted me and said that there were issues with documentation that I provided her and she was requesting more. Amanda stated that without the additional documentation that she would be unable to prequalify us for a mortgage.

I became very irritated with Amanda and told her we would take our business elsewhere. The way she handled the situation made me not want to deal with her or FBC Mortgage.

The issue began when we received a call from the builder that we were considering and please keep in mind that we DO NOT have a contract with. The builder informed us that they received an email from Amanda with information about our loan application. This was privileged information between us and the lender.

How dare Amanda provide my personal information to a business that I do not have a contract with!

This is a big issue on their business and privacy practice. I will never do business with FBC Mortgage.

I want an explanation to why this situation occured. And what they are going to do to guarentee that this will not happen again.

Contact Name and Title: Mike D*** General Counsel
Contact Phone: 407-872-3383
Contact Email: *****@fbchomeloans.com
FBC Mortgage, LLC takes all consumer complaints very seriously and thoroughly reviews every issue through our legal department prior to issuing a response. We have reviewed Ms. *****' concerns, spoken to the parties involved, and examined the physical file to reconstruct the situation to properly address the specific concerns.
A preliminary review was made to determine what Ms. ***** would qualify for, based on debt, income, and credit.
An email was sent to ************* informing them that FBC Mortgage would not be able to pre-approve Ms. ***** for the loan at this time.
No further information was communicated and no personal information was divulged to ************* about Ms. *****' credit, income, or other personal information. FBC Mortgage takes personal privacy very seriously and would never divulge personal information about a consumer to another party without their knowledge and consent.
We are very sorry that Ms. ***** feels that FBC Mortgage has compromised her privacy in any way and we are happy to forward her the email correspondence to ************* regarding this matter, to clear up any miscommunication and to set her mind at ease.
Thank you for this opportunity to respond.

02/12/2015Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

FBC Mortgage and Adams House are not to be trusted when it comes to purchasing a home.
My husband and I went with our realtor to look at a home. We saw a home we liked and was informed at that time we could submit an application that required a refundable deposit of $1000.00 up front if the loan wasn't approved we would get a refund. So we made a deposit for the amount required which lead to a rush of documents that was needed such as bank account statements, 401k's and other personal information that they claimed was needed to process the loan. they also wanted to know if we were able to pull money from our 401Ks etc. A walkthrough and closing date was given within a week of the deposit. the first walkthrough was 12/22/14 and the final was suppose to be 12/29/14. How can someone get a full walkthrough without all the proper documents being reviewed to approve the loan. On Christmas eve we got a phone call that our loan was approved and everything was a go. Documents were still being requesting and the property was as listed pending contract once we were told the loan was approved we checked the listing site which showed that the house status was back up for sale. Then on 12/26/14 we received a phone call that we lost the loan. We also paid an appraisal fee for $450.00 before we even got an approval. One would think you would review all the documents and information before giving out a loan approval and closing dates. After 2 days they increase the price of the house by $8,300. Our realtor requested a full refund on behalf of us but no response for two weeks. We received a release of deposit form to sign and return to them but we noticed the amount was saying $0.00 upon seeing this we contacted the office and was told they have to keep the deposit because the loan wasn't able to be processed. But we were told the opposite in the beginning and that sales manager would have to get back to us due to the fact that he was out in the field which on the 01/15/15. we tried calling again to get a direct contact number for him but we are still waiting for him contact us . We also called the sales agent we met with back in November who in turn told us that the agent was misinformed and that we should of been able to receive our full refund. We called the sales agent for a third time and he in turn told us that he was to forward all call to office in regards to refunds. We are still waiting for a response. Our Realtor sent another email requesting our refund. We are very disappointed about the whole situation and how unprofessional the company is. How can a company be so dishonest

we are seeking a full refund of both the $1000.00 deposit and the $450.00 appraisal fee.

FBC Mortgage must strictly adhere to agency underwriting guidelines in the origination, processing and underwriting of loans. In today's lending climate, not every applicant will meet these guidelines. Since the receipt of this complaint, FBC has contacted Ms. ****** to express its sincerest apologies for the inconvenience she has experienced in respect to the items expressed in the complaint. FBC immediately informed Ms. ****** that a full refund of the Appraisal Fee will be tendered and consequently, Ms. ****** agreed that the subject complaint has been resolved. It is our understanding that the escrow deposit was also returned by the builder.

FBC's Senior Management has been thoroughly abreast of this issue and it has been monitored at the highest levels within the Company. FBC prides itself on its reputation for quality, transparency and customer care.

FBC will continue to employ best industry practices, cutting edge technology and software to avoid such a situation in the future.

We accepted the response from FBC mortgage and is presently awaiting the return of our funds. it was pleasing to know that they were willing to resolve this matter.

05/09/2016Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Customer Service at its worst.
Initially with the mortgage origination, there was never an explanation of the process, or what it might entail to include a pool with the house. Our contact person at the time Quanta O******* always seemed inconvenienced whenever we would call. Months later, as I felt screwed by both FBC and the Home builder *************, after trying incessantly to finance a pool (to no avail), I again reached out to FBC-only to be met with hostility and repeated inconvenience. The representative, who I cannot recall at this time, said she would look into options for me and get back to me. Probably after realizing that she could not help me, she did not have the decency of returning my phone call. It really is a shame to have a financial obligation and relationship with FBC considering that they want nothing to do with you after they have closed on the house; to use an analogy, it is almost like dealing with an estranged spouse-distant and silent. There is not much they can do for me now, so I assure BBB that this matter will not be resolved to my satisfaction; short of having a pool built in my back yard, they will fail in any attempt at reconciliation.

A refinancing of the house to include the pool, so I can finally have the dream house they promised.

The borrower requested a cash out refinance on his current loan to finance a swimming pool. We disclosed that there was not enough equity to refinance because his original loan was a FHA loan with 3.5% down. FBC suggested to Mr.****** to check with his local bank where he may have better success getting a home equity loan.

Mortgage Brokers, Mortgage Bankers