Viking Marine Services

4 complaints closed with BBB in last 3 years | 0 closed in last 12 months

02/11/2015Delivery Issues | Read Complaint Details

Ordered 115 hp boat motor two years ago never never received running motor
Purchased boat motor March of 2013 for $2800 plus 2000 Mercury 90hp four stroke plus $500 extra for new part

Full refund of $4000

This complaint was not filed by ***** ******. It was filed by his wife. I built a motor for ***** 2 years ago. He was instructed to replace the fuel tank and fuel lines. He did not replace the tank before running the boat and damaged the engine. We all understood from the beginning that this was not a warranty issue as the warranty was voided because he did not replace the fuel tank as we required/requested. We have been working with ***** to get him another motor, FREE OF CHARGE, because we felt bad for the way things went even though we did NOTHING WRONG. We had a motor installed on his boat very close to finished when this complaint was filed. I spoke to ***** and told him that we are not willing to complete the job now that a complaint was filed. That is simply not fair to us as we had a "Legal" right to tell him to get lost when he voided the warranty, but we do not run our business that way. He told me that he was going to contact you and try to reverse the complaint as not to effect our A+ rating. If that can be done we will complete his motor, no charge, and give it back to him. Please feel free to contact me if I can help in any way.......... ***

I payed this man 4000 dollars and refuses give me what I payed for . It,s not my fault he tried to take a 30year old motor and make it run with 30year old parts . It didn't work My gas tank he's talking about his son destroyed

I would like to close my case . Me and viking marine would to resalve are case on are own sorry for getting the BBB involved

03/27/2013Delivery Issues | Read Complaint Details

I ordered an outboard motor from vikingmarine services in 04/2012 and I have not received it yet.
I ordered a 25HP outboard motor from Viking Marine Services in 04/2012. I paid $1200.00 for the motor. It has been almost a year and I have not received the motor. Each time I contact the owner of Viking Marine Services, ***********, he states the the motor will be ready to ship in a week or so. This has been going on for almost a year.

At this point in time I just want my money back.

Mr. ******* was made aware of the issues with the motor early on. Every time we would advise him that it was still not complete he would reply, "I just want the motor". I understood because you cannot touch this motor for $1200 anywhere else. I said, on more than one occasion, we could refund the payment. Mr. ******* wanted the motor.
I am out of town until Monday, but will issue a check for $1200 and send to the address on record. This was the most cost effective way for us to resolve this, but Mr. ******* insisted he wanted the motor and I felt obligated to get it to him. I wish he would have told us of this without filing a complaint.
As you know, the only complaints that we have had involve the time and delivery. We sold, and delivered 47 motors last year and this is our first complaint in years.
I hope this will put a satisfactory end to this and get Mr. ******* closed out. Mr. ******* needs to contact us if the address on the proposal is no longer valid.

11/17/2014Problems with Product / Service