3301 complaints closed with BBB in last 3 years | 646 closed in last 12 months

Additional Complaint Information

Most complaints indicate that consumers have tried unsuccessfully to get their issues resolved directly with Ocwen before contacting the BBB for assistance. However, Ocwen does not respond to complaint issues through the BBB citing privacy concerns.

Ocwen advises you may address your request to the Office of the Consumer Ombudsman at (800) 390-4656 Monday through Friday 9:00 a.m. through 5:00 p.m. Eastern Time. You will need to provide your loan number and the last four digits of your social security number.

If you are not a borrower on the account,they must receive authorization from the borrower in order to respond to your request. You may attach the borrower's written authorization to your email, fax it to Customer Service at (407) 737-6300, or have the borrower contact Customer Relations by telephone at (800) 746-2936.

In the future, you may access the Ombudsman link directly at www.ocwencustomers.com and click on the Ombudsman under the section 'Ocwen Consumer Ombudsman' to enter the account information.

11/24/2015Advertising / Sales Issues | Read Complaint Details

I have been and still being harassed by continual calls from these company. They're mortgage company, I live in an apartment, I do not own a home.
I have been and still am being harassed and dealing with continual calls from OCWEN Loan Servicing. Seven days a week, I am receiving five to six phone calls and people leaving numerous messages on my telephone which ties up a lot of messages on my phone.

For Ocwen Loan Servicing, LLC site, I see that Ocwen is not a mortgage company, but are they are loan servicing /collection company. Mortgage companies in bankruptcy sold loans to Ocwen. I live in an apartment and I do not own a home or have ever own a home where I had to pay a mortgage. They do not state in their phone calls if they are a debt collector or a mortgage collector.

These calls have been going on from the last few years since I moved to my apartment in 2009. When I first start getting these calls, I did let them know they have the wrong phone number and the people they are looking for are not at the address and for them to take me off their list. Still they call about every day. There are all kinds of men and women calling, most of them sound foreign like to me. When called, people only leave a message to called OCWEN Loan and will not give a reason for the call. They will not include a name, but will leave a phone number to call.

In the last 4-5 months, a man from OCWEN Loan Servicing has called and left a message on my phone. His first name is Songe, he leaves no last name. He says he is calling from OCWEN and it is reference to property at address *****************, he gives no city or state to go along with the address. Since this person Songe now states that it is about property on ************** with not city or state, I know it is not me they are trying to contact, because I have never lived or had that address.

I want the phone calls to STOP!!! This is very annoying and frustrating that these people call my home and disrupting me with continuous telephone calls. They are the worst company and I don't know how to get rid of the daily phone calls!!! I have almost come to the conclusion of calling the phone company, finding what phone company they are with and put in a complaint of harassment from OCWEN and have their business phone disconnect! This is how frustrating I am! If someone can help me get this issue resolved so this company will stop call me again, I would appreciate.

November 6, 2015

******************************************************

Dear****************

The Office of the Consumer Ombudsman would like to thank you for your recent inquiry regarding the above referenced loan received on November 3, 2015.

We appreciate your interest in assisting with this matter. Protecting the privacy of our customers is our priority and we do not reflect authorization for you on file. Please submit a completed authorization form to our Office at your earliest convenience. In an effort to assist with this request, Ocwen will respond to the borrower directly.

If you have any further questions, please contact the Office of the Consumer Ombudsman at: (800) 390-4656. Sincerely,

Office of the Consumer Ombudsman Ocwen Loan Servicing, LLC *********

Better Business Bureau of Central Florida

To Whom It May Concern,

I am writing in response to the Office of the Consumer Ombudsman OCWEN Loan Servicing. Based on the information, OCWEN still is calling my home from a man name Songe and stating it is in regard to property *****************. As I had mentioned, these calls are for property at address at ******************

I do not live at************** nor have I ever lived at this address. The Office of the consumer Ombudsman OCWEN Loan Servicing does not provide a city or state, just the address *****************.

Also, with the harassing calls I have received, all persons making these phone calls, they do not provide any information of the person that they are trying to contact.

Therefore, if there goal is to contact the person that resides or has previously resided at *****************, they need locate a different phone number as my number is not associated with that address.

I have been receiving these harassing phone calls for approximately two years and I have advised this company to remove my number as I am not located or associated with that address. The company refuses to stop the harassing calls or correct the inaccuracy of this information.

I have called the phone number, ************, that was associated with the company. I was told to fax my complaint to, ************ and mention "Research Dept." to have my phone number removed for the records.

Please help, if you can to stop these calls.

Respectively,

November 18, 2015

********************************
Spotsylvania, VA 22553

Dear **************:

On behalf of Ocwen Loan Servicing, LLC (Ocwen), the Office of the Consumer Ombudsman would like to thank you for your recent correspondence forwarded to us by the Better Business Bureau (BBB) of Central Florida requesting to remove your phone number from Ocwen's records for the above referenced property. The Consumer Ombudsman's office was created to provide a resource to assist with unresolved concerns and issues.

Pursuant to your request, this Office has updated Ocwen's records to indicate that your phone number **************** is an incorrect phone number and it does not belong to the above referenced property address. In addition, this Office has also put a note stating; do not call on this number henceforth.

The Office of the Consumer Ombudsman is an advocate in ensuring that Ocwen's servicing remains fair, reasonable and proper. On behalf of Ocwen, we are sorry to hear of your unsatisfactory experience that you may have had with Ocwen. Should you have any further concerns relating to this response, you may contact us at the address or phone number at the bottom of this letter.

**********

Copy: Better Business Bureau of Central Florida

I do accept this resolution because OCWEN Loan has finally come to conclusion and realized that my home phone is not associated with the ************* address they keep on referring to and calling me about. Again this information was stated in my previous letter. OCWEN Loan either did not read the entire letter I sent or they dismissed the letter all together, and insisted that I was emailing them in the reference to an actual loan. I will have not further issues with OCWEN Loan, as long as they do not call my home anymore. If they do not make good on their promise to stop call me, I will have to take further action. BBB, thank you for all your help for settling this issue.

10/05/2015Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Had escrow money for flood insurance for 2014 and did not pay it when due. When I found out I had been out of insurance for one year. Would not refund
My wife and I decided to refinance our home at, **************., Holiday, Florida 34690 on 2/13/2015. When we were informed on 2/17/2015 we needed proof of home, hurricane and flood insurance. We called our insurance carrier, ********** and they informed us that they could supply everything but our flood insurance. They told us that it was not paid 3/7/2014 and was canceled after the 30 day grace period. When we looked at our mortgage papers from our mortgage lender, Ocwen Loan Service, LLC showed that the payment of $1037.00 had been paid from our escrow account.
2/25/2015: Called Ocwen and talked to a agent who informed me at that time their agents did not go by manes but was identified by a number and his was *****. After explaining my problem they said they that the check was mailed on 3/3/2014 and they would track down the problem and get back with me. We never receiver any reply.
3/7/2015: Called ********** was told no record of receiving payment.
3/15/2015: Called Qcwen, agent ***** explained that our application for refinancing was about to expire and that we needed the insurance to be paid would check and get back to insurance co. No reply.
3/18/2015: Called Ocwen and talked to agent ***** who gave his name as Vinod after telling him of the problems I was having. He said if ********** would fax them a bill they would over night them a check. ********** faxed a bill. ********** never received a check from Ocwen because of the delay the application for refinance had expired.
3/24/2015 ********** finally received a check for flood insurance, this was because the insurance was due for the year of 2015-2016. Ocwen still had our $1037.00 that was to be paid for the 2014 year and has been lost for over a year.
4/2/2015: Called Ocwen trying to get a refund for my $1037.00 that is owed me as I was with out insurance for one year as it was never paid. This time I talked to agent ***** after explaining to her how many times I had called with no help she assured me she would track down the problem and would call me back within a week. No call.
4/15/2015: Called Ocwen and as I've found out from past calls the agents you talked to previously are never available I talk to ***** "Same Results." as before.
4/28/2015: Called Ocwen asked agent to talk to a supervisor transferred to ***** who than transferred me to their agent ***** in insurance department. I asked for a copy of the canceled check that was used to pay ********** the flood insurance with. She assured me that she would mail it to **********. Even after calling Ocwen twice about the check or to get a conformation number ********** never received it.
5/21/2015: Called Owcen Insurance department talked to agent Ranjitha *****. While on phone with him he said he didn't understand who said that there was a canceled check because he couldn't find one. I needed to talk to my insurance agent.
5/21/2015: Agent said they had no way of checking this out.
6/1/2015 went north for 2 months don't know what else to do. I am just glade that there was no flood for the year of 2014.

Would like Qcwen to refund me the amount that was to be paid for the flood insurance. I do not know what happened to the money but not my problem to keep up with it for them.

***Document Attached***

October 1, 2015

Holiday, FL 34690

RE: Case No.: ********
OLS Loan No.: *********
Property Address: ***************** Holiday, FL 34690

Dear Mr. and Ms. ******:

On behalf of Ocwen Loan Servicing, LLC (Ocwen), the Office of the Consumer Ombudsman would like to thank you for your recent correspondence forwarded to us by the Better Business Bureau (BBB) regarding escrow refund from the above referenced loan. The Consumer Ombudsman's office was created to provide a resource to assist with unresolved concerns and issues.

As a result of the 2012 Chapter 11 Residential Capital, LLC bankruptcy filing, a portion of the servicing platform and certain related assets of GMAC Mortgage, LLC (GMACM) were sold to Ocwen effective February 16, 2013. As part of that sale, Ocwen acquired the servicing records for this account. Ocwen's response is therefore based upon the available account records acquired from GMACM, as well as account records maintained by Ocwen.

Following the acquisition of certain assets of GMACM by Ocwen, former-GMACM loans underwent a system conversion, in order to be maintained on the same servicing system as Ocwen loans. For this loan, that conversion occurred on December 17, 2013.

Following the receipt of your correspondence, this Office forwarded your concern regarding flood insurance refund to the appropriate department for further review. Accordingly, this Office has been advised that on September 23, 2015, funds in the amount of $1,037.00 has been applied towards the escrow account as insurance credit and subsequently, on September 30, 2015, Ocwen sent the aforementioned funds from the escrow account to your attention via check number ********. Therefore, this Office requests you to please allow sufficient time for the check to reach you. In an effort to assist you, this Office has enclosed a copy of the Ocwen's Payment Reconciliation History (PRH) for your review, which reflects all the credits and disbursements, made to the loan by Ocwen and the resulting status of the loan.

As of the date of this letter, the loan reflects as paid in full effective May 12, 2015. If you have any further questions or concerns, you may contact Ocwen's Customer Care Center at **************.

Thank you for bringing your aforementioned concern to our attention. Ocwen has resolved the issue you identified effective September 30, 2015. For further assistance in this matter, you may contact me at the below telephone number.

I have enclosed the documentation we relied upon to review your concern. If you believe there is additional documentation relevant to your issue which was not provided, you may request such documents by contacting me directly.

Mayur K*****
P.O. Box*******
Telephone: (800) 390-4656

Mayur K*****
NMLS#*****

Copy: The Better Business Bureau of Central Florida

I feel that my complaint has been completely satisfied and would like to thank the Better Business Bureau for their assistance into resolving this complaint. I feel that without their help this problem would not have been resolved. I would like to think the person at Ocwen responsible for taking care of this complaint in such a professional way.

05/05/2015Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Not abiding by original loan modification program agreement, lack of follow through by customer service staff, multiple calls needed for request.
GMAC granted me a loan modification in 2012, with deferred principal reduction amount of $81K. Terms were it would be applied in 3 waiver installments of $27k in 2012, $27k in 2013 and $27k in 2014. I was granted the first waiver in 2012, and received a 1099-C form for the Cancellation of Debt for $27K. Unbeknownst to me, GMAC transferred my loan to Ocwen in 2013. In 2014, I noticed I didnt get a 1099-C form from Ocwen. I requested it on 2/17/14 then on 2/26/14 and then the request was denied with the reasoning that it was GMAC who granted the loan modification. I filed a complaint to their Ombudsman, advocating that they accepted the loan agreement from GMAC, they need to abide by the modification agreement as well. Finally I had to fax them a copy of the original loan modification. Ocwen stated they will apply the $27K waiver for 2014 year as they didn't apply it 2013. In January 2015, I noticed I still haven't received a 1099-C form again. I called Customer service on 2/5/14, 2/13/15, 3/2/15 and each time explaining my request for the Cancellation of Debt 1099-C form for $27K. Each call, I was promised a response within 3-5 days and/or my 1099-C form being provided and it didn't happen. Finally I talked to someone in their Escalation Dept on 3/11/15. I was told 2 waiver installments were applied for 2014, one in Feb 2014 and on Dec 2014, each for $27k. I would be getting a 1099-C Cancellation of Debt for amount of $54K for both installments. At that time, I just wanted a 1099C form, not knowing the amount would negatively impact me. I started to process my taxes on 3/31 and my tax advisor noted that the Cancellation of Debt amount is taxable in the state of CA. I was advised that if only one waiver installment of $27K was made in 2014, my taxes wouldn't have been so high. I was encouraged to contact Ocwen and request to fix/change to show only one waiver installment for 2014. I called Ocwen today 4/2/15 and spoke with someone in the Escalation Dept. I was denied the request and they cited the report was already given to IRS, they cannot change my 1099-C for only 1 waiver amount since they already applied the remaining 2 waiver amounts. My frustration is 1) If Ocwen had followed the original terms, the 2nd waiver installment should have been applied in 2013. 2) I wasn't informed that 2 waiver installments would be both applied in 2014 until after the fact, thus affecting my taxation amount for 2014 3) Ocwen didn't even appear to have a 1099-C form generated for 2014, until I made the multiple requests beginning February 2015. I feel that had Ocwen applied the waiver amount of $27K in both 2013 and 2014 years, I wouldn't be taxed for the huge amount of $54K that I am right now. I am the consumer who is experiencing the negative consequence of their error, applying both waivers without my knowledge.

I would like Ocwen to fix my 1099-C forms Cancellation of Debt for both 2013 and 2014 years, showing only $27K waiver for each year. It was their error in the first place for not applying the waiver in 2013. I don't understand why I wasn't informed the the remaining 2 waivers would be applied in 2014.

Dear ******************:

On behalf of Ocwen Loan Servicing, LLC ("Ocwen"), the Office of the Consumer Ombudsman would like to thank you for your recent correspondence regarding the deferred principal adjustments for the above referenced loan. The Consumer Ombudsman's office was created to provide a resource to assist with unresolved concerns and issues.

Based on the information provided, it is our understanding that Ms. ******** concerns revolve around: that in 2014 Ocwen waived two deferred principal amounts of $27,000.00 each per the 2012 GMAC Mortgage LLC ("GMACM") Loan Modification Agreement and she received a 2014 IRS 1099-C in the amount of $54,000.00 which has negatively impacted her taxes. She has previously requested that Ocwen adjust the waivers to allow her to have an updated 2014 IRS 1099-C in the amount of $27,000.00 only. Ocwen has refused explaining that this amount was already reported to the Internal Revenue Service ("IRS"). Ms. ****** contends that Ocwen should have followed the 2012 modification agreement and applied one in 2013 instead of two in 2014.

Our office submitted a request to correct the 2013 and 2014 IRS 1099-Cs and to grant her request to reverse one of the $27,000.00 waivers to allow only $27,000.00 be reported on an IRS 1099-C for her in 2014 and to reissue a corrected 2013 IRS 1099-C as well. Copies of the updated tax documents are enclosed for her use.

Please extend our sincere apologies to Ms. ****** for any inconvenience or frustration she may have experienced as a result of the missing 2013 1099-C and the difficulty she experienced as a result of attempting to request one in 2013. Ocwen regrets the delay in resolving this issue for her.

Please thank Ms. ****** for bringing her concern about the waiving of $54,000.00 from her loan's unpaid principal balance to our attention. Our office has enclosed the new IRS 1099-Cs for 2013 and 2014. For further assistance in this matter, you may contact me at the below telephone number.

***********
P.O. Box ******
Orlando, FL 32878-5061
Telephone: **************

The Office of the Consumer Ombudsman is your advocate in ensuring that Ocwen's servicing remains fair, reasonable, and proper. Should you have any further concerns relating to this response, you may contact us at the address or phone number at the bottom of this letter. For other questions or servicing requests, please call Ocwen at ************** (************) or visit their website at www.ocwen.com.

Enclosure: IRS 1099-C 2013, IRS 1099-C 2014

I accept this response because this is what I initially requested; for my 2013 and 2014 1099-C forms to be corrected. However it is unfortunate the response was after the 4/15/15 tax deadline. I've already paid my State taxes based on the incorrect 2014 form that was previously given to me. I will have to re-file my 2013 and 2014 years again with the amended forms. Nonetheless, I thank BBB for intervening on my behalf.

03/13/2015Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Escrow overpayment has not been sent to me to date per the latest escrow analysis statement.
This issue has been going on for over two months now without an resolution. According to my latest escrow analysis statement, Ocwen has not refunded my escrow overpayment of $529.20 which is stated in a letter dated January 28, 2015. An original payment check was to be mailed to me on January 9, 2015, however it never arrived and was never cashed. Ocwen was notified on February 9, 2015 that this check was never received and a new check was to be mailed to me. The office of consumer ombudsman was to contact me about when the new check is going to be sent. To date, no response from the company. This is my main complaint about this company and would like to see resolution on this ASAP.

On another complaint with this company, after paying my mortgage payment on time for the past 5 years, my homeowners insurance was removed from my escrow account, almost causing my house to be defaulted on the home owners insurance policy. This issue took over 2 months to resolve with Ocwen. This compnay outsources its workers and is very difficult to deal with. Multiple lies were told to me over the phone during this process of restoring my homeowners insurance to my escrow account.

I would just like a check sent to me for my overpayment of escrow account in the amount of $529.20. This is a simple task that is creating a financial hardship to my family, let alone numerous headaches trying to get somewhere with this company.

March 11, 2015

OLS Loan No.: XXXXXXXXX
Customers: ******* **** and ****** *****
Property Address: *** ***** *** ******* *********** ** XXXXX

Dear Sabrena Washington:

On behalf of Ocwen Loan Servicing, LLC (Ocwen), the ****** of the Consumer Ombudsman would like to thank you for your recent correspondence forwarded to us on behalf of ******* **** and ****** ***** for the above referenced loan. The Consumer Ombudsman's ****** was created to provide a resource to assist with unresolved concerns and issues.

Based on the information provided, it is our understanding that your concerns revolve around: (1) the escrow overpayment for $529.20 not be sent to Mr. **** and Ms. Walsh per the latest escrow analysis and is requesting the check to be sent, (2) the length of time to get the escrow overpayment completed, (3) Mr. **** stating the original escrow refund check being mailed to them on January 9, 2015; however it was not received and cashed; therefore, Ocwen was notified on February 9, 2015 of this, which a new check was to be mailed but to date the check has not been received, (4) Mr. **** stating after paying the payments on time for 5 years the homeowners insurance was removed from the escrow account, almost causing the home to go into default of the policy, and (5) dissatisfaction with the level of communication provided by Ocwen.

According to Ocwen's records, the escrow analysis completed dated December 10, 2014, which informed the customers according to the projections for the coming year, the expected escrow balance for February 1, 2015 in the amount of $1,865.61; therefore, Mr. **** and Ms. ***** were informed there is an escrow balance surplus in the amount $529.20. Enclosed please find a copy of the referenced Annual Escrow Account Disclosure Statement to verify the information provided for your records, which provides a detailed explanation and breakdown of the changes to the account. Please understand the referenced analysis was completed prior to the tax amount being paid for the tax year of 2014 through 2015, as the escrow analysis was based on the hazard insurance not being paid until October 2015. We sincerely regret any inconvenience the escrow information previously provided may have caused Mr. **** and Ms. ******

According to Ocwen's detailed Payment Transaction History, the insurance disbursement was disbursed on December 11, 2014, in the amount of $848.00 to Erie Insurance for the homeowners' hazard insurance premium for the policy number QXXXXXXXXX, for the coverage period of October 30, 2014 through October 30, 2015. On January 9, 2015, an escrow refund was disbursed in the amount of $529.20. Please note the insurance disbursement was completed after the referenced escrow analysis was complete; therefore, there is an escrow shortage versus a surplus. Please understand since the insurance disbursement was paid on December 11, 2014, the actual escrow balance as of February 1, 2015 was $661.71. Subsequently, on February 11, 2015, the escrow refund previously disbursed on January 9, 2015 was reversed in the amount of $529.20, as the investigation determined there was not an escrow surplus for the account, leaving the escrow balance for $1,543.16 at that time. Please understand if an escrow refund was paid to Mr. **** and Ms. ***** inaccurately this would have created a larger escrow shortage on the account. Enclosed, please find an Ocwen's detailed Payment Transaction History for the account, which **** answer any questions related to:

Amounts
Dates
Descriptions of any fees assessed
Any payments received
Any disbursements made

Ocwen's records further reflect in a letter dated February 19, 2015, Mr. **** and Ms. ***** were advised that an updated escrow analysis had been completed on the account, resulting in an increase in the total monthly mortgage payment, effective for the May 1, 2015 installment. The referenced analysis detailed the target escrow required payment to cover all necessary escrow disbursements in the amount of $350.57 monthly. The analysis also advised that an anticipated escrow shortage in the amount of $140.46 had been projected and that the shortage would be spread over 12 months into 12 equal monthly payments in the amount of $11.71. Therefore, effective with the May 1, 2015 below installment, the new monthly payment would be $1,453.37. We have provided a breakdown of the monthly payment effective May 1, 2015 below. In addition, we have enclosed an Annual Escrow Account Disclosure Statement to verify the information provided for your records, which provides a detailed explanation and breakdown of the changes to the account. It also reflects any escrow balances, shortages, or deficiencies, if any, existing at the time the Escrow Analysis was performed.

Item Amount Due
Principal and Interest $1,091.09
Escrow $350.57
Escrow Shortage $11.71
Total Payment $ 1,453.37

Please understand escrow accounts are analyzed once each year to ensure that enough funds are collected throughout the year to disburse payments for the taxes and insurance. The amount of the escrow payment is calculated by first calculating the amount of anticipated disbursements from the escrow account during the upcoming year. Ocwen's records do not indicate the homeowners' insurance was removed from the escrow account during Mr. **** and Ms. ******** duration with Ocwen.

As of the date of this correspondence, the account is contractually due for the April 1, 2015 installment.

On behalf of Ocwen, we sincerely regret any inconvenience Mr. **** and Ms. ***** may have experienced with the miscommunication in regard to the escrow account and level of customer service received while attempting to resolve this matter. We understand the importance of customers receiving continuous, accurate, and reliable communication from Ocwen. Ocwen appreciates their feedback regarding the level of service received.

Thank you for bringing your concerns in regard to the payment applications to our attention. Ocwen has investigated these concerns and found no evidence that an error was made. I have enclosed the documentation we relied upon to review your concerns. If you believe there is additional documentation relevant to the issue that was not provided, they may request such documents by contacting me directly:

******* *****
**** *** XXXXXX
*******, ** XXXXX-XXXX
Telephone: (XXX) XXX-XXXX

The ****** of the Consumer Ombudsman is your advocate in ensuring that Ocwen's servicing remains fair, reasonable, and proper. Should you have any further concerns relating to this response, you may contact us at the address or phone number at the bottom of this letter. For other questions or servicing requests, Mr. **** and Ms. ***** should call Ocwen at X-XXX-XX****** (XXX-XXX-XXXX) or visit their website at**************.

******* *****

Copy: ******* **** and ************

This communication is from a debt collector attempting to collect a debt; any information obtained **** be used for that purpose. However, if the debt is in an active bankruptcy or has been discharged through bankruptcy, this communication is purely provided to you for informational purposes only with regard to our secured lien on the above referenced property. It is not intended as an attempt to collect a debt from you personally.

P.O. Box XXXXXX, Orlando, FL XXXXX-XXXX
Telephone: (XXX) XXX-XXXX Fax: (XXX) XXX-XXXX
NMLS******
NC Permit *****

As far as the escrow account funding goes, I wish Ocwen would perform more accurate escrow analysis's in the future so it does not confuse the mortgage holder. This is poor financial administration on Ocwen's part. Furthermore, I trust the latest escrow analysis is accurate, therefore I **** be accepting the explanation, but am not happy with it.

I would also like to point out that this is not an accurate statement as stated in Ocwen's response dated March 11, 2015 - "Ocwen's records do not indicate the homeowners' insurance was removed from the escrow account during Mr. **** and Ms. ******** duration with Ocwen." It was admitted to me over the phone that Ocwen had switched computer systems in October, therefore removing my homeowners insurance escrow by accident. I have record of it. If it wasn't for my persistent following up with Ocwen, my Erie Insurance would have defaulted.

Overall, I am disappointed and **** not trust Ocwen anymore. I **** have to review all of their future work (Escrow analysis's). Their lack of timely responses to important matters needs to be improved. This took over 2.5 months to resolve, which I feel could have been resolved in a week.

Thank you BBB for your assistance with this matter as I feel I would have still been left in the dark about this without your help.

12/18/2014Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Mortgage satisfaction paperwork on a paid off home loan has not been sent to the Horry county court house in Horry County, SC.
I completed doing business with Ocwen home lending when the mortgage was transferred to another company. The mortgage was satisfied with Ocwen at that time. I refinanced my home located at **** ******* ****** ****** ** XXXXX and after the refinance of the home, a post closing agent with Murray Law Offices noticed a problem with satisfaction paperwork from Ocwen. Ocwen failed to send the proper paperwork to the Horry County courthouse located in South Carolina. After many attempts since September 2014, Ocwen still has not corrected this issue. As it stands at this time, the courthouse still shows a open lien on the property of approximately $92,000, which is incorrect. Contact info for the attorney:
**** ******* **********
****** *** ******** ****
**** *** ******** *******
****** ****** ** XXXXX
***** ******** ******
(XXX) XXX-XXXX ***

The attorney's office has all documentation involving this case and has attempted many times to resolve this issue with Ocwen with no avail.

I would also like to bring to attention South Carolina statue:

"South Carolina Statute (SC Code of Laws Section 29-3-310) allows Ninety
(90) days for satisfaction of a mortgage to be forwarded to the local
courthouse for recording. The Statute (Section 29-3-320) goes on to provide
if a satisfaction has not been recorded within the allocated time period,
the Mortgagee shall pay the Mortgagor one-half the amount of the mortgage
debt or $25,000.00, whichever is less. This Ninety-day time period has been
exceeded.

I am in the process of selling my home and if this issue is not taken care of immediately or if the sale of my home is hindered in any way or unable to be sold because of the negligence on the part of Ocwen, then I will be forced to take legal action against Ocwen and all of the negligent parties involved.

At this point, Im requesting the loan paperwork to be satisfied properly and recorded at Horry County courthouse ASAP.

The company (Ocwen Loan Lending) has fixed the problem at hand and I wish to resend the the filed complaint. Thank you!

11/09/2015Billing / Collection Issues | Read Complaint Details

Ocwen Loan is false reporting of an account on all 3 of my credit reports.
Ocwen Loan is false reporting an account on all 3 of my credit reports. Account # ********. I have never had a loan with Ocwen Loan. I would like them to delete their account from my credit reports.

I would like Ocwen Loan to delete their account from all 3 of my credit reports.

August 25, 2015

Mr. ***************
**********************
East Providence, RI 02916

Property Address: ********************** East Providence RI 02916

Dear Mr. ***************:

The Office of the Consumer Ombudsman would like to take this opportunity to respond to your recent correspondence received from the Better Business Bureau (BBB) on August 11, 2015, regarding the above-referenced loan. The Office of the Consumer Ombudsman was created to provide Ocwen's customers with a resource to assist with unresolved concerns and issues.

As a result of the 2012 Chapter 11 Residential Capital (ResCap), LLC bankruptcy filing, a portion of the servicing platform and certain related assets of GMAC Mortgage, LLC (GMACM) were sold to Ocwen effective February 16, 2013. As part of the sale, Ocwen acquired the servicng and records for this account. Ocwen's response is therefore, based upon the available account records acquired from GMACM as well as account records maintained by Ocwen. The servicing of the loan was relocated to a different Ocwen servicing system on August 3, 2013, wherein your loan was activated on a different servicing database.

Ocwen's records indicate that upon the transfer of your loan from ResCap, foreclosure proceedings were initiated on July 19, 2013 and the loan was in active foreclosure with a scheduled sale date of October 17, 2013. Ocwen stopped the foreclosure on October 29, 2013. Further review of your loan indicates that foreclosure proceedings were then initiated a second time on October 29, 2013, by Ocwen. Consequently, due to the delinquency of the loan payments, on March 26, 2014, the foreclosure sale was held, following which the property reverted to Ocwen's Real Estate Owned (REO) Department. As of the date of the sale, the loan was still past due for the February 1, 2013 contractual payment, there was no longer an active loan, and you no longer owned the property.

Ocwen ceased all collection and foreclosure activities relating to the subject loan, including notices of default and payment demands and our records have been updated accordingly. Ocwen is unable to make corrections to the credit reporting, as the information provided is accurate.

Thank you for bringing your concerns to our attention. Ocwen has investigated your allegation that you did not have a loan with Ocwen and the reporting of any loan is inaccurate. We have found that no error has been made as the referenced loan was transferred to Ocwen from ResCap in active foreclosure with delinquent payments from February 1, 2013. The foreclosure sale was completed and the property was converted to REO. I have enclosed the documentation we relied upon to review your concerns. If you believe there is additional documentation relevant to your issue, which was not provided, you may request such documents by contacting me directly:

PO Box*******
Orlando FL 32878

The Office of the Consumer Ombudsman is your advocate in ensuring that Ocwen's servicing of the loan remains fair, reasonable and proper. If you still have unresolved issues, please feel free to contact this office at (800) 390-4656.

Cc: BBB
Submitted Electronically

I have never had any account with Ocwen Loan , Res Cap or GMAC. I have never lived at ************************* East Providence RI. I would like Ocwen Loan to remove their account from my Transunion Credit Report because it does not belong to me. Thank You.

November 5, 2015

********************
Seekonk, MA 02771-5643

OLS Loan No.: *********
Property Address: ********************** East Providence RI 02916

Dear **************:

The Office of the Consumer Ombudsman would like to take this opportunity to respond to your recent correspondence received from the Better Business Bureau (BBB) on November 2, 2015, regarding the above-referenced loan. The Office of the Consumer Ombudsman was created to provide Ocwen's customers with a resource to assist with unresolved concerns and issues.

Ocwen's records indicate that your concerns have been previously addressed by this office on August 25, 2015, September 10, 2015, September 28, 2015, October 6, 2015, October 13, 2015 and October 26, 2015.

Please be advised that based on your allegations that this loan does not belong to you, this office submitted a request to have an Identity Theft Package be sent to your attention; however, as of the date of this letter Ocwen has not received a completed package. Please complete the package in its entirety and send it back to Ocwen.

Please note Ocwen has responded to your allegations on multiple occasions and has provided you with documentation, which indicates the validity of the debt. Therefore, Ocwen will take no further action pertaining to the allegation of error.

PO Box*******

Cc: BBB
Submitted Electronically

None of the documents shown to me were signed by me and none of them were notorized. This account does not belong to me and it is not a valid account. I would like it removed from my credit reports. Thank you.

08/18/2015Billing / Collection Issues | Read Complaint Details

A Notice of Pre-Foreclosure has been issued on an account that is NOT in arrears.
A full payment history to date was sent to the reconciliation department. The response was only until December 2013 and the remainder ignored. I have bank statements showing the funds being sent to Ocwen. I want a complete reconciliation and my credit history corrected.

Removal from collections activity, correction of account balances, correction of credit history and full explanation provided to the credit reporting agencies.

August 4, 2015

BBB Case Number: ********
Borrower Name: ***************
Shelton WA 98584

Dear Ms.***********:

On behalf of Ocwen Loan Servicing, LLC (Ocwen), the Office of the Consumer Ombudsman would like to thank you for your correspondence received on August 3, 2015, regarding the above referenced loan. The Consumer Ombudsman's office was created to provide a resource to assist with unresolved concerns and issues.

According to the terms of the original signed Note (see enclosed), the payments are due on the first day of each month and are considered late after that date. The loan does provide a fifteen (15) day grace period before the assessment of a fee for this late payment.

The enclosed letter dated July 21, 2015, was sent to Mr. ******* attention advising him of pre-foreclosure options. Please note that pre-foreclosure options notice may be automatically generated when payment is not received within the grace period. Mr. ***** may disregard the pre-foreclosure options notice, as the July 1, 2015 payment was received on July 27, 2015. The credit was not reported negatively as the payment was received within the month due. Enclosed is a transaction history reflecting the application of the payment. The account is due for the August 1, 2015, and there are no foreclosure proceedings active on the property.

Thank you for bringing Mr. ********* concerns to our attention. Ocwen has investigated the allegation that Ocwen issued a pre-foreclosure notice on a current account and found no error. I have enclosed the documentation we relied upon to review this concern. If you believe there is additional documentation relevant to the issue, which was not provided, you or Mr. ******* may request such documents by contacting me directly via fax at ************ or at:

Leslie D****, Office of the Consumer Ombudsman
Waterloo, IA 50702

The Office of the Consumer Ombudsman is here to help ensure that Ocwen's servicing remains fair, reasonable, and proper. Should you have any further concerns relating to this response, you may contact me toll free at 800-390-4656, or direct *************

Leslie D****
Ocwen Loan Servicing, LLC, NMLS #****

cc: ***************
*****************
Snohomish WA 98290-2137

Notice to the borrower: This communication is from a debt collector attempting to collect a debt; any information obtained will be used for that purpose. However, if the debt is in an active bankruptcy or has been discharged through bankruptcy, this communication is purely provided to you for informational purposes only with regard to our secured lien on the above referenced property. It is not intended as an attempt to collect a debt from you personally.

I can see where OCWEN is confused. OCWEN took the loan over from ************* and they have the due dates wrong from the very beginning of their servicing of this loan.

My payments from the beginning always arrived BEFORE the due date. The payments they received in July of 2012 were ACTUALLY due the first of August. By reviewing the documents attached to their response I would assume they took over this loan July 1, 2012. However the loan was already paid through July 1 of 2012 and they assumed it was still due for July of 2012.

However as I have already sent them a full payment history it should be clear that this is THEIR ERROR. Clearly they started with an INCORRECT PAID THROUGH DATE.

The attached note states the first payment was due 3/1/2011 and my bank statement shows it was paid 2/28/2011. All remaining payments were also made in advance.

I object to OCWEN's representation that they have reviewed the documents and did not find any error. I believe OCWEN's oversight represent a gross violation of their fiduciary duty.

I want this quashed and a full explanation sent to whatever credit bureau(s) they deal with. I also want them to back out any charges assessed and I want the principal and interest balances recalculated accordingly. As their accounting procedures are inadequate I want the recalculation sent to me for validation. I no longer have faith they will do this correctly without oversight.

09/23/2014Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

After being off of a loan, they continue to report misinformation to major credit card agencies.
As per my conversation on July 16, 2014 with **************, and several others in the past two years, I am no longer on the loan for *****************, social security #XXX-XX-XXXX, at ***************************** XXXXX, account number XXXXXXXXX. Because I signed the house over to him when we divorced (4 years ago), the property should no longer be sent to my credit with his default payments. Please stop sending his information to Experian and Equifax for it is hurting my credit.
According to their records, I am no longer on the loan and they should stop sending his late payment information to my credit for ********* ******. This false information being sent to my credit report is making me, a single mom, unable to get a house. I am also being informed every time my ex defaults on a payment. I really shouldn't be given this information.
When I call, it's hard to get a hold of a person who will talk to me because they keep saying they can't talk to me because I'm not on the loan. I say that's my point stop sending it to my credit. They do not responds to my emails. I just want to be able to purchase a house and I can't do that until they stop sending my ex husband's late payments to the credit agencies because I can't get a loan because of him.

I'd can't get this matter resolved because they have been unresponsive. I would like the following resolutions: Email or a letter stating I am not longer on the ******** property and his late payments are not on my account sent to the following: 1. ****************, Regional Sales Manager at Fulton Mortgage Company,********************************** XXXXX, *********@fultonmortgagecompany.com 2. www.experian.com 3. www.expuifax.com. I'd just like to be able to move on with my life and they are keeping me from being able to do so. Please help.

Dear ******* ***********

On behalf of Ocwen Loan Servicing, LLC (Ocwen), the Office of the Consumer Ombudsman would like to thank you for your recent correspondence forwarded to us on behalf of ********* ****** ********* regarding a credit reporting concern associated with the above referenced account. The Consumer Ombudsman's office was created to provide a resource to assist with unresolved concerns and issues.

********* ****** is disputing that she is divorced from co-borrower ******* A. ******* and her name should therefore be removed from the loan. She is disputing that any derogatory payment information associated with the account should not be reflected on her credit report and she should not receive notices informing of any delinquency on the account.

We have enclosed copies of the Fixed Rate Stepped Payment Note, Mortgage, and a Notice to Co-Signer signed by Mrs. ******* at the closing of the above-referenced account. As a co-borrower on the Note, Mrs. ******* is financially responsible for the repayment of the account. In June 2011 Ocwen received a request from Mr. ******* ************************************************************************************************************************************* Ocwen removed Mrs. ********* name from the servicing portion of the account so that general mail and calls would be directed to Mr. ******* only. In order to remove Mrs. ********* name completely from the loan Mr. ******* would have to complete an assumption to assume full responsibility of the loan as the sole borrower or complete a refinance.

As of August 28, 2014, the account is due for the August 1, 2014 payment of $591.21. There are funds in the suspense account in the amount of $34.50 which may be utilized toward the payment due. A suspense account is utilized until sufficient funds are received to post the next full payment due on the account.

Ocwen's records indicate they have accurately reported the account information for both borrowers to the credit reporting agencies in accordance with the enclosed account history. If Ms. ****** ********* believes any of the information on her credit report does not match the account history she may submit a specific dispute to our office at the address below with a copy of her credit report noting the item or items in dispute for further research.

The Office of the Consumer Ombudsman is an advocate in ensuring that Ocwen's servicing remains fair, reasonable, and proper. Should you have any further concerns relating to this response, you may contact us at XXX-XXX-XXXX. For other questions or servicing requests, the borrowers may contact Ocwen at X-XXX-XX-OCWEN (XXX-XXX-XXXX) or visit their website at www.ocwen.com.

**** ******
NMLS#1852

Copy: ********* ******
**** W. ************ ****
****** ** XXXXX

Copy: ******* A. *******
*** **** *** ******
********** ** XXXXX

Please Note: This is an attempt to collect a debt and any information obtained will be used for that purpose. However, if you have an active bankruptcy case or have received an Order of Discharge from a Bankruptcy Court, the following Notice Regarding Bankruptcy applies.

Notice Regarding Bankruptcy: Please be advised that if you are part of an active Bankruptcy case or if you have received an Order of Discharge from a Bankruptcy Court, this letter is in no way an attempt to collect either a pre-petition, post petition or discharged debt. If your bankruptcy case is still active, no action will be taken in willful violation of the Automatic Stay. If you have received an Order of Discharge in a Chapter 7 case, any action taken by us is for the sole purpose of protecting our lien interest in the underlying mortgaged property and is not an attempt to recover any amounts from you personally. Finally, if you are in an active Chapter 11, 12 or 13 bankruptcy case and an Order for Relief from the Automatic Stay has not been issued, you should continue to make payments in accordance with your plan.

Thank you for getting an answer from a company that is very difficult to reach. ******** had refinanced the loan years several years ago as per our divorce agreement. Ocwen has never contacted me about late payments or a delinquent account because as they have told me in past conversations: You are not on the loan Ma'am." Since this has been so difficult, I wish I had access to the mortgage so I could catch up on the loan and sell the house. Unfortunately, I gave it to my ex and am unable to get my own home because of it.
On Tuesday, I can forward you the house information because Ill have access to a scanner. My lawyer sent me a copy of the things I need to prove I am not on the loan. I will forward them to you on Tuesday.
Again, thank you so much for your help.
********* ******

I need to know if they looked at the paperwork from my lawyer, ************, and this is still their stance. In the meantime, I will call him tomorrow and take his advice, because all of my records show I am off of the mortgage.

September 4, 2014

********* ******
**** ** ************ ***
***** ** XXXXX

RE: Case No: XXXXXXXX
OLS Loan No.: XXXXXX9249

Dear ********* ******:

The ****** of the Consumer Ombudsman for Ocwen Loan Servicing, LLC (Ocwen) would like to take this opportunity to respond to your recent concern regarding the referenced loan. The Consumer Ombudsman was created to provide Ocwen's customers with a resource to assist with unresolved concerns and issues.

Ocwen's records indicate that the referenced loan originated with Fidelity Mortgage on February 21, 2007. We have included copies of the Fixed Rate Stepped Payment Note and Mortgage, executed at the closing of the above-referenced account. As a co-borrower on the Note, you are financially responsible for the repayment of the account.

As previously advised, Ocwen removed your name from the servicing portion of the account so that general mail and calls would be directed to Mr. ******* only. In order to remove your name completely from the loan and to give Mr. ******* full financial responsibility, you would have to complete an assumption or complete a refinance.

Ocwen's records indicate they have accurately reported the account information for both borrowers to the credit reporting agencies in accordance with the enclosed account history. If you believe any of the information on your credit report does not match the account history you may submit a specific dispute to our office at the address below with a copy of your credit report noting the item or items in dispute for further research.

Thank you for bringing your credit reporting concerns to our attention. Ocwen has investigated your allegation that Ocwen has been reporting information to the credit bureaus for a loan which you are not responsible for; and found that you signed the Note executed on February 21, 2007. Therefore, you are also responsible for the debt. We have no evidence that an error was made. I have enclosed the documentation we relied upon to review your concern:

Fixed Rate Stepped Payment Note
Mortgage
Ocwen Payment Reconciliation History

PO Box XXXXXX
Orlando FL XXXXX

As of the date of this correspondence, the account is past due for the August 1, 2014 contractual payment. If you have any further questions or concerns, you may contact Ocwen's Customer Care Center toll free at XXX-XXX-XXXX.

The Office of the Consumer Ombudsman is your advocate in ensuring that Ocwen's servicing of the loan remains fair, reasonable and proper. If you still have unresolved issues, please feel free to contact this office at (XXX) XXX-XXXX.

NC Permit *****

CC: BBB
Submitted Electronically

Notice Regarding Bankruptcy: Please be advised that if you are part of an active Bankruptcy case or if you have received an Order of Discharge from a Bankruptcy Court, this letter is in no way an attempt to collect either a pre-petition, post-petition or discharged debt. If your bankruptcy case is still active, no action will be taken in willful violation of the Automatic Stay. If you have received an Order of Discharge in a Chapter 7 case, any action taken by us is for the sole purpose of protecting our lien interest in the underlying mortgaged property and is not an attempt to recover any amounts from you personally. Finally, if you are in an active Chapter 11, 12 or 13 bankruptcy case and an Order for Relief from the Automatic Stay has not been issued, you should continue to make payments in accordance with your plan.

04/10/2014Billing / Collection Issues | Read Complaint Details

They have said I was delinquent on payments and charged late fee.
I made several payments to Ocwen loan for my mortgage they tried to say i didn't make payments but I had proof through my bank. they charged me late fees that I didn't deserve so I am not paying them. Well, now they have reported it to my credit report and now its affecting me in every aspect of my life. I am a senior citizen who is getting taken advantage of.PLEASE HELP ME

The fees taken off and my credit report restored

From: ************** (mailto:*****@ocwen.com)
Sent: Friday, March 01, XXXX X:XX AM
To: ********************
Subject: RE: BBB Complaint Case#XXXXXXXX(****************************************************)

Borrower:
In order to protect your privacy, we require that you submit your name, loan number and last 4 digits of your social security number. Please do so by clicking on the link below
Continue and filling out the required information. If you are unable to or uncomfortable with providing this information, unfortunately, we ****** not receive your email and ****** be unable to respond to your request. Alternatively, you may address your request to the ****** of the Consumer Ombudsman at (800) XXX-XXXX Monday through Friday 9:00 a.m. through 5:00 p.m. Eastern Time.

If you are not a borrower on the account, we must receive authorization from the borrower in order to respond to your request. You may attach the borrower's written authorization to your email, fax it to Customer Service at (407) XXX-XXXX, or have the borrower contact Customer Relations by telephone at (800) XXX-XXXX.

Ocwen

Speed pay money sent in was suppose to be applied to back hazard insurance for 2013 I needed to pay back but they put in in escrow for taxes, etc
put on house payment any thing they wanted instead of putting where was suppose to go. You never speak to same person and they want to record you but u cannot record them (strange) They raised my house payment I have own insurance on my house after financing a $25,000 roof on my house and now I have that big payment. Preditory is what I would call them with no help to save your home. Insurance was dropped Aug 2013 had to get roof had to finance payed back hazard insurance they took out and now they do not apply it to that and keep house payment high.

Trying to get my house payment back down to $489.89 a month not 760.00 I have a $373.00 roof payment I am on ss or just refinance and not with them.

Please view below information received from Ocwen;

Continue and filling out the required information. If you are unable to or uncomfortable with providing this information, unfortunately, we **** not receive your email and **** be unable to respond to your request. Alternatively, you may address your request to the ****** of the Consumer Ombudsman at (XXX) XXX-XXXX Monday through Friday 9:00 a.m. through 5:00 p.m. Eastern Time.

If you are not a borrower on the account, we must receive authorization from the borrower in order to respond to your request. You may attach the borrower's written authorization to your email, fax it to Customer Service at (XXX) XXX-XXXX, or have the borrower contact Customer Relations by telephone at (XXX) XXX-XXXX.

Ocwen
From BBB:
Please Note: Once again this information was received from Ocwen any comments or questions in reference to this statement please forward questions or information to Ocwen. This is a standard response from Ocwen in regards to consumer's complaints.

02/24/2014Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

OCWEN is not mailing me monthly statements or giving me my balance and payment statements.
My Mortgage company was bought out by OCWEN. Since the take over they have fialed to send me out one single statement showing my payment history and balance informaiton. I have written to them every single month since August and have called them on two occassions asking for some sort of balance sttaement and my payment history. It has been 3 months and nothing has been done and since OCWEN took over I have never ever received one single statement about my account and have asked repeatedly by letter and by****** to get a statement to me and am not getting any response what so ever.

I want monthly billing statements from May when OCWEN took over to the present day showing my monthly payments and my balance *** my mortgage.
This should be required by all Mortgage companies and I dont know what else to do since I have both called and written to them asking for monthly statements.

From: ********, ******** (mailto:************@uiowa.edu)
Sent: Wednesday, October 30, XXXX XX:XX AM
To: ******* **********
Subject: RE: Case ID XXXXXXXX

Thank you for your time. I think OCWEN is now complying as they have started mailing me my monthly mortgage statements. I received them in the mail last week. Thank you for your time and looking into this manner for me.

OCWEN **** not send me my Monthly Billing Statements. I have tried to contact them by phone, by letter and via their website to no avail.

I have made numerous calls to this company asking repeatedly for them to send me my monthly billing statements. I have written letters and tried to notify them via their Customer Service website and have had no luck. Their Customer Service is horrible. I also did not ever receive my 1098 Mortgage Interest Statement from OCWEN which I can not file my Taxes until I have my 1098 Mortgage Interest Statement.

I want to receive my monthly billing Statements each month along with all my past statements over the course of the last 6 months since they took my Loan over from GMAC. I never ever had any problems when the loan was with GMAC and ever since OCWEN took the account over they **** not mail me my monthly statement with my balances, etc as well as my ****.

02/02/2016Billing / Collection Issues | Read Complaint Details

Taxes paid from escrow account that were from another property owner for unsecured debt over 30 years old. Ocwen will not remove % cancels appt's
1st I was doing a loan Modification in 2013 and discovered that Ocwen had never paid my taxes on the 2nd parcel and it was going up for action. After many calls trying to get anyone to understand this Ocwen finally paid the bill. I was assured by the relationship manager that when they finalized the modification the back taxes would be included. After analyzing my escrow account I realize that they not only did not include these amounts in the loan modification but that they paid some on else's taxes. There were taxes paid that were from 1983 on another borrower of the property that was unsecured. They keep changing the payment amounts so I could not keep up with the payments. Now I am trying to reinstate my loan and I cannot come up with all this money that they are adding on my account. I have a reinstate amount of 10, 356.41 12/15/15, then I get one on 12/18/15 that says 15,460.77. I had an apt on 12/23 to talk to them, they never called looked on computer and apt was deleted. I created another apt for 12/29/15, I checked for the apt 12/28 and it was deleted again. I now am rescheduling again for 1/6/2016 and hopefully I can actually talk to someone. I have the money to pay the $10,356.41 but the amount keeps changing and I can not get any one to remove the illegitimate taxes that were paid so I can reinstate my loan.

Ocwen needs to remove $2023.74 illegitimately charged to my escrow account.
Ocwen needs to add the taxes that they did not pay for 5 years on the loan amount like they assured me they would in the loan modification.

Please see attached response.

01/08/2016Billing / Collection Issues | Read Complaint Details

Owen charged late charges for payments drafted from our checking account that were not late. I sent them a certified letter listing the pymts paid.
September 2015-December 2015 I have been charged late charges when the account ********** allows 15 day grace period. Aug paid $269.73; Sep paid $281.00; Oct 8 paid $270.00; Nov 6 paid $281.00 and Dec 4 paid $281.00. When I call I get erroneously info and the people don't speak the English language very well at all which makes it difficult to explain the problem. I'm trying to get this bill and the mortgage account on my rental property changed to the ********************* because these people are crooked.

I want a refund for the overpayment in late charges and correct any information that may have been sent to the three major credit bureaus that may leave a negative impact on my record. I want to get another reputable mortgage company for my rental property and second mortgage; not Ocwen.

On behalf of Ocwen Loan Servicing, LLC (Ocwen), the Office of the Consumer Ombudsman would like to thank you for the correspondence received from your office on December 10, 2015. Specifically, this is in response to Ms. ****************'s concerns with the current status and application of funds received for the second mortgage account referenced above. The Consumer Ombudsman's office was created to provide a resource to assist with unresolved concerns and issues.

12/28/2015Billing / Collection Issues | Read Complaint Details

Incorrect escrow analysis amount requested resulting in a potential increase monthly.
Received and reviewed my escrow analysis dated September 8th,2015. The analysis showed a shortage of $847.08. When reviewing the projected monthly escrow payment of $196.10 due Oct 2015, I noticed this was less than the $241.43 I was paying. I also noted the lender placed Insurance was less than what I had been quoted. I pointed this out to the agent via initial phone conversation Oct.2015. Current mortgage payment $978.97.Proposed new payment with incorrect analysis $1014.23.I made another phone call to check the status of a new escrow analysis as proposed by the first agent I spoke with. I spoke with a male agent(Nov.4th or 5th) who informed me that the new mortgage payment was around $940 effective Nov.1st 2015. I requested a written copy of the new escrow analysis and new payment details which he stated would be mailed to me (my preference over e-mails). On Nov.10th 2015 I received a letter from Ocwen stating my payment was $1014.23 due Nov.1st 2015. On Nov.11th I received a call from Ocwen and spoke with my relationship manager who stated my current payment was $940 for Nov and also Dec.2015 but that effective Jan.2016 the payment would increase to $970 a month. When asked why, the agent stated there was an escrow shortage-she didn't say how much-and the shortage was added to the mortgage payments over the next 24 months. I asked how could this be and she stated it was related to Lender placed insurance and the new escrow analysis. I asked for an escalation manager,was placed on hold and then was told none was available after several minutes. I am very frustrated at the way the account is being handled and the incorrect information that could cause me to pay MORE than I should.

I would like an informed agent to please clarify what has occurred and an in depth review of my account to be sure other charges are accurate.

***Document Attached***

December 10, 2015

*****************
Gates, NC 27937

RE: OLS Loan No.: **********
BBB Case No.: ********
Property Address: ********************************

Dear Ms. *********:

On behalf of Ocwen Loan Servicing, LLC (Ocwen), the Office of the Consumer Ombudsman would like to thank you for your recent correspondence forwarded to us by the Better Business Bureau (BBB) of Central Florida regarding the escrow account on the above referenced loan. The Consumer Ombudsman's office was created to provide a resource to assist with unresolved concerns and issues.

As a result of the 2012 Chapter 11 Residential Capital, LLC bankruptcy filing, a portion of the servicing platform and certain related assets of GMAC Mortgage, LLC (GMACM) were sold to Ocwen effective February 16, 2013. As part of that sale, Ocwen acquired the servicing records for this account. Ocwen's response is therefore based upon the available account records acquired from GMACM as well as account records maintained by Ocwen.

Following the acquisition of certain assets of GMACM by Ocwen, former-GMACM loans underwent a system conversion, in order to be maintained on the same servicing system as Ocwen loans. For this loan, that conversion occurred on June 1, 2013.

Enclosed for your review is a copy of the Ocwen Payment Reconciliation History (PRH), which reflects all credits and disbursements, made to the loan, including but not limited to the escrow adjustments and the resulting loan status.

A review of the loan indicates that the loan is escrowed for County Tax and Lender Placed Hazard Insurance. According to Section (5) of the Deed of Trust (copy enclosed), you were required to provide the lender with all receipts of paid insurance premiums and renewal notices. A review of Ocwen's records indicates that insurance notices were mailed to you; the notices requested you to provide Ocwen with an updated insurance policy for the property. As no response was received, in order to protect their interest in the property, Ocwen assessed a Lender Placed Hazard Insurance Policy to the loan for the period beginning October 31, 2015 through October 31, 2016 in the amount of $1,238.00.

If you had insurance coverage for the aforementioned period, you should mail or fax the declaration pages reflecting Ocwen as Loss Payee to: Fax Number: **************, Attn: Insurance Department, or mail it to: Ocwen Loan Servicing, LLC Attn: Insurance Department, P.O. Box******** San Antonio, TX 78265-9126. Ocwen will then review the documents and issue credits as appropriate.

As per the signed HUD-1 Settlement Statement (copy enclosed), the loan was escrowed for taxes and insurance at the time of the loan origination. Please note that if a loan is transferred to Ocwen with an escrow account, Ocwen processes an escrow analysis to determine if the escrow account is sufficiently funded to meet the tax and/or insurance obligations of the account. The basis of this analysis is a calculation of payments to be received and the projected tax and insurance disbursements, relative to the amount of funds currently available. Enclosed is a copy of the resulting Annual Escrow Account Disclosure Statement dated November 9, 2015, which was mailed to your attention indicating the status of the escrow account and any required change in the monthly payment amount. The escrow analysis performed clearly indicated that "According to the last month of the account history, your expected escrow balance at the start of the escrow year is negative $427.38. Further, it was determined that the total shortage for the coming escrow period was $814.12 and in an effort to assist you, Ocwen spread the shortage amount over a period of twenty - four (24) months. Therefore, the first monthly mortgage payment for the coming escrow year, beginning with the payment due on January 1, 2016, would be $974.81, of which $747.54 would be for the principal and interest and $227.27 would be applied towards the escrow account."

Please note that the monthly escrow payment amount is subject to change in the event an escrow analysis is performed. Please be advised that the taxes and insurance disbursements on the loan are made accordingly as and when they are due. Further, the amount due towards the taxes and insurance may differ by year. Therefore, Ocwen disbursed funds towards the taxes and insurances as and when they were due thereafter. Further, the Ocwen PRH reflects all escrow related transactions made to the loan by Ocwen.

A review of the loan indicates that on November 30, 2015, Ocwen received funds in the amount of $940.89, which were utilized to satisfy the November 1, 2015 payment and advanced the due date to reflect the loan next due for December 1, 2015 payment. As of the date of this letter, the loan reflects due for the December 1, 2015 payment, in the amount of $940.89, of which $747.54 will be for the principal and interest and $193.35 will be for the escrow account. If you have any further questions or concerns regarding this loan, you may contact Ocwen's Customer Care Center at the toll free number mentioned below.

Thank you for bringing your aforementioned concerns to our attention. Ocwen has reviewed in details the escrow account on the loan and found no evidence of an error made. I have enclosed the documentation we relied upon to review your concerns. If you believe there is additional documentation relevant to your issue which was not provided, you may request such documents by contacting me directly at:

P.O. Box ******
Telephone: (800) 390-4656

The Office of the Consumer Ombudsman is your advocate in ensuring that Ocwen's servicing remains fair, reasonable and proper. On behalf of Ocwen, we are sorry to hear of any unsatisfactory experience you may have had with Ocwen as Ocwen strives to provide each customer with the utmost in customer care and professionalism. Should you have any further concerns relating to this response, you may contact us at the address or phone number at the bottom of this letter. For other questions or servicing requests, you should call Ocwen at****************************** or visit their website at www.ocwen.com.

NMLS# ****
NC Permit# ****

Copy: BBB of Central Florida

12/21/2015Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

I arranged in conjunction with a company official to make a payment to be current in full by an agreed upon date. I remitted the funds, the payment was cashed/cleared and subsequently returned electronically with no prior explanation. Despite any explanation, the funds were in hand! Who rejects in full cash money? The explanation given was that the funds were not received in the form of a cashier's check! Regardless of the form, the cash was in hand! This is a ridiculous line of logic designed to keep the consumer in arrears by rejecting payment and pushing them toward default when they pay in good faith. Sounds like unfair lending practices!
Account_Number: **********

Explain how this is logical, apologize, and accept the funds as requested!

December 9, 2015

************
********
******************
Philadelphia, PA 19142

Property Address: ******************* Philadelphia, PA 19142

Dear Mr. ***:

On behalf of Ocwen Loan Servicing, LLC (Ocwen), the Office of the Consumer Ombudsman would like to thank you for your recent correspondence forwarded to us by the Better Business Bureau (BBB) of Central Florida regarding payment concerns on the above referenced loan. The Consumer Ombudsman's office was created to provide a resource to assist with unresolved concerns and issues.

Ocwen commenced servicing the loan on September 1, 2011, from **********************************, with the loan reflecting past due for the July 1, 2011 payment, three (3) months delinquent. As of that date, the loan reflected a negative escrow balance (amount owed) in the amount of $3,275.25 (indicated as 'Escrow Account Adjustment' in the enclosed Ocwen Payment Reconciliation History).

A review of the loan indicates that on October 2, 2015 and on November 6, 2015, Ocwen received funds in an amount of $400.00 and $1,522.72, respectively. As of that date, the loan was reflecting past due for the July 1, 2015 payment, four (4) months delinquent. Please note that once the loan is delinquent by three (3) or more payment, Ocwen may not accept payments less than the reinstatement amount. Consequently, as these funds were insufficient to cure the delinquency on the loan, the aforementioned funds were returned back to the remitter.

Please note that once the loan is more than ninety (90) days delinquent, any amount received that is less than the full reinstatement amount will not be accepted unless alternate payment arrangements have been made. Further, if the borrowers intend to reinstate the loan the funds remitted should not be uncertified. In an effort to *** you, our Office has enclosed a copy of the Ocwen's Payment Reconciliation History (PRH) for your review, which provides a detailed breakdown of all the credits and disbursements made on the loan by Ocwen, including but limited to the payment adjustments and the resulting loan status.

On November 23, 2015, Ocwen received funds in the amount of $1,808.53, in order to reinstate the loan; these funds were utilized to satisfy July 1, 2015 payment through November 1, 2015 payment, and advanced the due date to reflect the loan next due for December 1, 2015.

Please note that any payment received is posted to the loan within twenty-four (24) business hours from its receipt. The payments received are first applied to the contractual payments due on a loan. In addition, any payments not equal to the contractual payment will be applied towards the suspense (partial payment) credit account, until there are sufficient funds to complete a contractual payment.

Thank you for bringing your aforementioned concerns to our attention. Ocwen has investigated your allegation and found no evidence of an error made. I have enclosed the Ocwen PRH which reflects the payment applications on the loan. If you believe there is additional documentation relevant to your issue which was not provided, you may request such documents by contacting me directly.

P.O. Box*******
Telephone: (800) 390 - 4656

As of the date of this letter, the loan reflects due for the December 1, 2015 payment. If you have any further questions or concerns regarding this loan, you may contact Ocwen's Customer Care Center at the toll free number mentioned below.

NMLS#*****

Copy: BBB of Central Florida

12/21/2015Billing / Collection Issues | Read Complaint Details

I have been trying to get my loan reconciled post BK for 11 months. Ocwen has not shown me where they believe I am behind in a payment.
My bankruptcy has been discharged for April 2015. I have sent all paperwork to Ocwen and they still have not updated my account. They are now reporting to the credit agencies that I am behind in a payment, but they state that they have not completed a reconciliation. How can they report me as being late without reconciling my account? I have made 14 calls to date trying to get a resolution but keep getting NO answers.

I want my account updated and my credit report corrected.

December 9, 2015

Palmdale CA 93552

Property Address: *************** Palmdale CA 93552

Dear ************** & ***************:

The Office of the Consumer Ombudsman for Ocwen Loan Servicing, LLC (Ocwen) would like to take this opportunity to respond to your recent concern regarding the referenced loan. The Consumer Ombudsman was created to provide Ocwen's customers with a resource to assist with unresolved concerns and issues.

Please note that once you file for protection under Bankruptcy, all your assets and liabilities will be automatically included under Bankruptcy. Ocwen's records indicate that the Chapter 13 Bankruptcy filed by you on December 18, 2009, was discharged on April 15, 2015.

Pursuant to your request, our office contacted Ocwen's Bankruptcy Department. We were advised that on December 9, 2015, a Bankruptcy Reconciliation was performed and the loan has been adjusted accordingly.

Additionally, Ocwen submitted a correction to the major credit bureaus via an Automated Universal Data (AUD) form with control number ********. This AUD requests the credit bureaus to remove all delinquent payments reported by Ocwen since acquiring servicing of the account on November 4, 2013. Per bankruptcy guidelines, all months reported have been replaced with coding indicating no history being reported for that month.

This account has been assigned a Relationship Manager as a single point of contact. If you have any questions regarding the account or options that we may have available, such as a short sale of the property (selling the property for less than is owed) please contact ************* option 2, then option 4 to speak with or to schedule an appointment with the Relationship Manager, Victor G********. Mr. G******** is your designated contact for inquiries and the submission of documents as needed.

Richard H********
PO Box ******
Orlando FL 32878

On behalf of Ocwen, we sincerely apologize for any inconvenience the borrower may have experienced due to the level of service received while trying to resolve this issue.

Richard H********
NMLS ******

CC: BBB

01/11/2016Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

I rec'd my escrow check today and noticed that Owcen changed my last name.
I rec'd my escrow check today and noticed that Owcen changed my last name. They refused to correct their mistake. They have a copy of my social security card, and they picked some random name from the phone book and decided to change my name.

I would like the last name changed back to ************

10/16/2015Billing / Collection Issues | Read Complaint Details

OCWEN has filed negative credit to all three credit bureau's that is not correct.
Account number: **********

In January 2015 I began to inquire to OCWEN about them sending my FORM 1098 from the previous year (2014). OCWEN stated that they could not send me the FORM 1098 because they are showing no payment for two years. We went back and forth for several months after they realized that they made a mistake and emailed me the FORM 1098. Their website to this date has not been updated to reflect the correct FORM 1098 for 2014. They have been reporting this information as delinquent to all of the credit bureau's. They have not corrected their mistake and I still have negative reporting on all three of my credit bureau reports. I also have not received a monthly Statement in approximately two years. The website is also not showing an updated monthly Statement. The last Statement it shows is December 2013. For several years my insurance company has contacted them with updated insurance rates and they fail to send the proper payment to them. They always send a higher amount and now my escrow is increasing by approximately $430.00 a month starting this December. That is unacceptable! Like everyone else I am on a budget and to have an extra $430.00 for escrow is not right. I also applied for a loan modification and was denied. This company is taking advantage of their customers who didn't even ask for their loan to be transferred to OCWEN. I didn't have a problem until they took over my loan payments.

I would like my credit restored to reflect current and never late. I would like to receive the loan modification that I applied for. I would like to either adjust my escrow to where it should be or let me handle my own Insurance and Property Tax payments because it shows OCWEN can not. I would like for OCWEN to update my account online with everything being current. I would like to see current Statements because there is no telling what OCWEN is up to.

08/24/2015Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Ocwen has not paid my 2013 first install of property taxes from escrow;the County states this "could result in the loss of ownership of your property"
Ocwen Loan Servicing has not paid my 2013 first installment property tax bill which was due on March 4, 2014. The amount due at that time was $3702.63. The loan number is *********. Cook County Illinois property # is ******************. Attached is a letter from Cook County dated May 1, 2014 reflecting that my taxes have not been paid. Also attached is the property tax bill. Also attached is an email dated July 2, 2015 from Cook County stating that my unpaid taxes could result in the loss of my property and the amount due if paid within 30 days of the email date. I discussed this email and payment instructions from Cook County on how to pay the taxes with Tejas S*** of Ocwen's "escalation team" on July 6, 2015. Mr. S*** assured me that Ocwen would contact Cook County and resolve this matter within the 30 days. I forwarded the Cook County email and payment instructions provided by Cook County immediately after that discussion to Mr. S***. Mr. S*** said he would call me on July 9 to update me on the status. Mr. S*** did not call and has not returned my call. I have spoken with Mr. S*** no fewer than 5 times going back to October of 2014, and no few than 6 times times with other Ocwen representatives going back to May 5, 2014. I sent the attached fax on May 6, 2014 with information requested by Ocwen. I was assured in every conversation by Ocwen representatives that the issue would be resolved within a reasonable amount of time and even by certain dates. On June 13, 2014 an Ocwen rep. told me the funds would be sent "within 3 days". I have sent Mr. S*** payment instructions provided by Cook County several times, however the taxes are still not paid. The escrow balance on my account is also incorrect. The balance is short $3,702.63

Payment by Ocwen Loan Servicing of my 2013 First Installment taxes including any accrued interest by July 31, 2015 per Cook County's instructions to insure that I will not lose ownership of my property due to this situation and taxes not paid by Ocwen. Once the payment is made and accepted by Cook County Ocwen will make certain that my escrow balance is correct.

06/02/2015Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Received a 1099 for $18,537.54 When it should only be for $6,179.00.
This is in regards to a home modification and they are trying to make me claim a cancellation of debt that I don't actually receive for two more years. The agreement is that I have to pay my mortgage for 3 years on time and they will write off the $18,537.54 after I have paid for three years. However in year one of the agreement they send me a 1099 for the $18, 537.54 when in reality they haven't wrote that off yet. I should only receive a 1099 for $6,179.00 each year until the $18, 537.54 is reached.

A corrected 1099 for the amount of $6,179.00. You can't make me claim a debt that technically isn't cancelled for another two years.

01/29/2015Billing / Collection Issues | Read Complaint Details

Ocwen has escrowed insurance without my consent. I have called and spoken to over 6 people in India trying to resolve this situation over a 2 month period. My mortgage payment went up due to the escrow of taxes and insurance. I am direct billed from my insurance agent for insurance. I am current and up to date on insurance. Was not sure why I have been escrowed, but did not authorize. Ocwen said they had paid the insurance companies. In contacting them, neither insurance company received any payments, but Ocwen continues to escrow money for insurance.
Product_Or_Service: n/a
Order_Number: n/a
Account_Number: XXXXXXXXXX

I want my account to be refunded the $1800+ that has been escrowed plus interest, since Ocwen says they have been collecting through mortgage payments dating back from November 2013. My mortgage was sold to Ocwen in November 2013 from IndyMac mortgage company.

Loan Servicing, Mortgage Lender, Collection Agencies