Central Florida

Roedells Landscaping

01/30/2014Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Complaint Category: Services resulted in additional damage (exp. Damaged product during shipping)

Complaint: The workers damaged the concrete borders (in 6 spots) that I had installed a few months prior and refused to pay to have them fixed.

Roedell's Landscaping is truly unprofessional and I had several issues with them. I hired them to prep, haul away mulch debris (which was not done) felt and lay rock in my planters this past summer. They laid felt in 70% of the beds, not 100% like I paid for. (But after a few weeks of my husband and I calling, they finally gave us some money back for the felt) The biggest complaint was that the workers damaged the concrete borders (in 6 spots) that I had installed a few months prior and refused to pay to have them fixed. When Rodell's Landscaping finally answered their phone, I was asked to have the concrete man over to look over and definitively judge the borders. I did what was asked and the concrete man indeed said that the damage was caused by the heavy wheelbarrows being left on the concrete borders. He said that it would cost $300-$400 to repair. I notified Roedell's Landscaping and I did not hear anything from them. Each time that my husband and I called, we got the voice mail. So now we have new expensive concrete border that is damaged in 6 places and with a new new baby, we can not afford to pay to have it fixed at this time- It is Roedell's Landscaping responsibly to step up to the plate and fix what they damaged.

Roedell's Landscaping was hired to supply and install Brown River Rock. Estimate states 5 tons of brown river rock (1 1/2). Includes: felt, supply & install rock & hauling away debris. Cleaning out beds and leveling off ground.

Customer first notified Roedell's Landscaping about a month after services were completed. First complaint was there were weeds growing in the rock beds and that the felt was not all the way to the concrete borders. I explained to the customer that the felt is not a weed barrier and does not prevent weeds. I explained that it is used to keep the rocks from settling, and that when the rocks are installed the felt can shift. Roedell's Landscaping refunded their money for the felt.

The next concern was that she said we damaged her concrete borders with our wheel barrel. This is why we do a walk around with the customer when the job is completed before we leave the property, nothing was mentioned at that time, until approximately a month later.

The beds were not cleaned out like Roedell's Landscaping stated. You can even see the mulch in some places, all other places just remove the rock and the mulch is still there.

It took a month for me to get into contact with Roedell's Landscaping. This was summer and I was out of town with my family on vacation. I had to plan my follow up phone calls around my previously scheduled family plans. Regardless of how long it took, when I spoke with them, they said that they would fix it and never followed through.

Roedell's Landscaping does not ask customers for a deposit before starting a job. We ask for payment in full once the job is completed and the customer walks the property to look at the end result.

You have to take into consideration the amount of time that lapsed (from the time we finished the work, to the time that they brought their concerns to our attention) that it is unfair to blame us for the damage that was caused to the concrete boarders. As we stated in our last response, this is why we walk the property with the customer before we leave the property. If the damage was done by us, we feel it should of been brought to our attention well before a months time.

Complaint Resolution: BBB determined the company made a reasonable offer to resolve the issues, but the consumer did not accept the offer.

Landscape Contractors, Mulches, Stump Removal & Grinding, Tree Service, Lawn Maintenance, Landscape Lighting, Stone Setting - Interlocking Pavers, Irrigation Systems & Equipment, Pressure Washing, Sod & Sodding Service