CetroLabs Inc.

47 complaints closed with BBB in last 3 years | 4 closed in last 12 months

12/07/2015Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

I returned products for a refund of $187.84. They said it was opened when returned. It was not. They will not give refund.
On July 27, 2015, I ordered "free" samples of Aloe Ultra A and Hydroxacel Eye Cream for the shipping charges of $4.95. On September 28, 2015, I received another shipment of the Eye cream in the mail. I checked my bank statement and noticed that the month prior I was charged $99.74 and $87.74 for the creams. I called the Greenbean company and they explained that since I did not return the initial creams, I was expected to pay for them. I was told it was written in the contract agreement. Every month two more creams, for that price were going to be sent out to me. One arrived that day and another arrived two days later (Hydroacel Eye effect and the Aloe Ultra A). I was told that I could return them, with the return number
#*****************. When the second bottle arrived in the mail, I packaged both up, unopened and mailed them back to the return address provided:
PO Box *****
Phoenix, Arizonia 85072-2073.
Since that day, I have been waiting for my refund.
On 12/2/15, I called Greenbean extract at ************** and asked about my refund. They said I could not get the refund because the products were returned opened. I explained that they were not opened, I returned them the day I received them. They said that the fulfillment center receives the products and enters the information in their computer at a different site and they have no way of overriding their comments, so there is no way of authorizing my refund. I asked to speak to a supervisor. They said that there was no supervisor available. I said I would be put on hold. They said some statement and then hung up on me. I called back three times and the same thing happened all three times, with them hanging up on me. No supervisor would get on the phone. I asked for the "fulfillment center" phone number, however they did not have it.
I did not send this product back opened. When both bottles arrived in the mail, I took it right to the post office for delivery.

refund of $187.48

To Whom It May Concern:
We are disappointed that this customer is unhappy with her experience with our company and we are diligently working towards a resolution regarding this complaint.
**** places her order for the product Natural Ceramides and Hydroxacel Eye Cream on July 26, 2015. The customer paid shipping fees at this time for a 30 day supply of the product Natural Ceramides and Hydroxacel Eye Cream and receiving a 14 day trial period.
The "Free Trial" pertains to the time we are allowing our customers to use our product before their commitment to purchase the product, not for the actual product. During their initial trial, customers who are unsatisfied with the product are free to call our customer service agents to cancel within the trial period without ever being charged the purchase price. Customers are also free to call into our customer service center and have their trials extended if they feel they need more time to review the potential benefits of its use before they commit.

Our customer service number is made available to the consumer right after their initial purchase, as we send an order confirmation email to the email address they used to order their trial. We also have the number disclosed on the packing slip and brochure that accompanies the product when it is shipped, our website, and the number is also located on the product itself.

The terms and conditions are also made available via our website, and there is a click-accept terms and conditions box during the checkout process that links the consumer directly to the terms and conditions for further review before their purchase commitment.

Customers enrolled in our Membership Program have the opportunity to cancel their Memberships at any time, and return the product to our warehouse for a full refund, no questions asked. We also provide partial refunds to consumers that are not satisfied with our products, or don't wish to be enrolled within our Membership program, but wish to keep the product anyway. Our customer service center is available 24-7 including holidays.

On August 22, 2015 this customer was charged for the Natural Ceramides product and on August 22, 2015 charged for Hydroxacel Eye Cream product and by doing do the customer was registered as an auto delivery customer. Since, we had not received any communication from the customer to our support center at this time with any concerns on their account.
When **** contacted the Customer Service support about cancelling her account, per her request on September 28, 2015, the customer service department implemented that no additional charges would be applied to her account as requested and cancelled his account.

The customer was then issued a Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA) number ***************** on September 28, 2015 for Hydroxacel Eye Cream Order ID*********
The customer was then issued a Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA) number ***************** on September 28, 2015 for Natural Ceramides Order ID ********

Brief RMA (Return Merchandise Authorization) policy requirement explanation:

At this time, in order for the consumer to receive a refund for the product for which they were charged, the policy clearly states that the consumer is to return the merchandise for each order within a 30 day time frame of receiving the RMA number. There is no approved refund that can be issued until after we have received the returned products with RMA number at one of the addresses provided and confirmed to the consumer during the phone conversation on September 28, 2015.
According to the customer account, both the products were returned to our fulfillment center, but we found the refund for the products were not issued.

I assisted issuing the refund for product Hydroxacel Eye Cream in the amount of $83.74; we also issued refund for the product Natural Ceramides $99.74. These refunds were issued on December on December 3, 2015.

Refunds are made to the source of the original payment, and processing generally takes 4 to 5 business days. Please contact your bank or credit card company directly to inquire as to when you can expect this refund to show up in your account.

I do apologize if the customer did not have an opportunity to review how our trial program works prior to ordering.

We hope this will satisfy her concerns as well abide by our policies.

Thank you BBB for your assistance with this matter. I have received the refund that was owed to me. It is just unfortunate that one has to go through all this get the refund that is promised from the beginning.

10/02/2015Billing / Collection Issues | Read Complaint Details

I had ordered the free trail to pay for shipping only and at the end of the transaction I hit do not charge my card monthly. When I checked my bank account they had charged me 89.74 when I didn't not authorized it so I called them and finally got them to credit my money back. A few days later I checked my bank account again and they had credit it back but then charged my bank account again for 89.74 without being authorized again. So when I called them two times they both said this issue can't be resolved and hung up on me.

I would like my 89.74 back as soon as possible. This is fraud

To Whom It May Concern:
****** places her order for the product Ultra Garcinia on February 21, 2015. The customer paid shipping fees at this time for a 30 day supply of the products Ultra Garcinia and receiving a 14 day trial period.

On March 12, 2015 this customer was charged for the Ultra Garcinia product and by doing do the customer was registered as an auto delivery customer. Since, we had not received any communication from the customer to our support center at this time with any concerns on their account.
When ****** contacted the Customer Service support about cancelling her account, per her request on March 21, 2015, the customer service department implemented that no additional charges would be applied to her as requested and cancelled her account.
After reviewing the customer account, the customer was issued a full refund for the product Ultra Garcinia on March 12, 2015 in the amount of $89.74. At this time the customer 's account has been satisfied and this account has been closed.

We hope this will satisfy her concerns as well abide by our policies.

I accept their response, but they need to know I never got the product in the mail. I just didn't want it anymore after they kept charging my card for stuff I didn't authorize or even get in the mail in the first place. I never got the trail bottle I paid for or anything and I didn't get the money back for that.

08/18/2015Billing / Collection Issues | Read Complaint Details

Was told the product was 4.95 for shipping and handling only.did not sign up for membership for 89.95!! keep calling me and threatened with black list
offered me a one time payment of 44.87 to settle this offer..I demanded they not add any charges to my credit card and that i would report them to the Attorney general for theft if they did.they will not stop bothering me.I would be willing to send their product back but i would never have purchased a jar of cream for 89.00 in the first place!

I would like them to honor the offer of 4.95 for shipping and handling only and take me off the membership that i did not sign up for,for 89.95 and stop calling my home and do not use my credit card as they do not have my permission!!

We have reviewed this customers record and have found that a 3rd party company who handled the customer service was going against the agreement and call script. We are now ending our relationship with that company and have ensured that the customers phone number is removed from there database.

I except that the CO. who removed my information will stand by their agreement and hope that i will no longer be harassed by the CO. i filed the complaint against!

08/03/2015Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

I ordered the free trial and was told I would only have to pay for shipping. Nothing was said about a membership. 89.77 they refuse to refund money.
I spoke to several representatives and told them I never signed up for a membership. They are refusing to refund the 89.77. I am a senior citizen and on a fixed income. This has caused several of pending transactions to overdraft. I never signed up for this.

I would like a refund of my money and complete cancellation of my so called membership.

We reviewed the customers notes, and found that she called and spoke with our customer service team who offered her a partial refund. The customer was swearing at our agents and using curse words and the agent was unable to assist her as the agent was being personally insulted.

We have now issued the refund as requested.

I accept their response. Praying that they own up to it. They are correct in saying that I was swearing but I was just so upset. When you live on a fix income and see $90 taken out of your account, I thought I was going to have a heart attack. Thank you for helping me BBB. I really appreciate it.

10/06/2014Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

I had intentions of purchasing a "trial" of their product and ended up being charged for a membership I did NOT agree to, with refusal to refund. After doing, what I thought was, thorough research of this product, I decided to start with their "trial" of two products, the ultra carcinia and the aloe cleanse. I agreed to pay the shipping for the bottles, which was clearly advertised as my only cost (totaled around $12-$14 for both). Barely two days after purchasing this "trial" I was charged $89.37 by the same company. I immediately called my bank to work this issue out. Apparently they have been dealing with this issue regulary, because the claims department told me right away that this company scams you into a membership by buying their "trial". They unfortunately could not do anything, so they told me to call the company directly to have the charge refunded and to cancel this membership I so blindly agreed to. I called the company after hanging up with my bank and spoke to ***** a representative for ***** ********* I explained to him my predicament and even blamed myself for not carefully reading the fine print about this so called agreement to the membership, yet he would not refund my money for the additional charge. He advised that I did, in fact, agree to this charge and that is it "clearly displayed" on the purchase page for customers to see. He also kindly told me that if I didn't want the membership, that I should have simply cancelled it before the trial was over. What's funny about that is that I don't know too many trial periods that last 48 hours. I also was unsure about what "trial period" I had experienced because I HAVEN'T EVEN RECEIVED MY PRODUCT TO TRIAL. After realizing that my $89.37 was long gone, I politely asked **** to please cancel the membership and any future scheduled transactions to my account. Instead of just confirming what I had asked to be done, he tried not once, not twice but THREE TIMES to "sweeten the deal" with discounted products and member fees. I again politely asked him to just cancel the ongoing fees and to please not charge my account again, and that if I enjoyed the product, I would call back and buy more. He then said to me that if I wanted to cancel the aloe cleanse (because it still was in it's "trial period"...unbelievable), it was a charge of $18...absolutely ridiculous, this company! I of course paid the fee to assure myself that they would get everything cancelled as I wished. He processed the cancellation fee and provided my confirmation numbers. I also received an email shortly after that with only one of the cancellation numbers, so still not 100% sure that this "representative" took care of anything I had asked. This all just ocurred today, so I have yet to see if they kept their word on cancelling the membership and ongoing charges. Overall, I feel utterly moronic for even doing this ridiculous purchase in the first place. If you read this, DO NOT order from this company. It is an absolute SCAM and it will waste not only your money but your time as well. I have found that you can find similar products at health food stores and even GNC; retailers that are sure to not scam you into memberships and steal your money.

I would love to receive a refund, however, I know that I "agreed" to the charge and there is not much that can be done about it. I just would like to see that the company do some right by it's customers who have wasted countless hours and dollars dealing with this absolutely slimey scam.

After reviewing the phone call, we have issued a refund of $89 for the customer, even though the customer did agree that they "forgot" to read the terms and conditions printed on the page.

There was absolutely no refund of $89 credited to my account. That is a complete lie. They even made me pay an extra $18 to cancel my "membership"! If they had attempted to refundE after I filed a complaint to the card I used, it most likely did not go through because I cancelled that card after all of this happened in fear that they would charge me again.They said there was nothing they could do to refund my money because I agreed to the terms of the $89 membership charge when I purchased the product for the "trial offer" of $4.74. I can provide bank statements to prove this. This response is absolutely unacceptable and appalling.

There is no refund from your company on my bank statement. Like I said before, if a refund was issued, it was probably issued to the card I used to purchase this product, which I cancelled in fear of being continually charged by this company. I can provide my address where a check can be mailed because I will not provide updated billing information to you.

If the customers address of **** ***** street, is correct we will issue a refund mailed to the customers address.

03/09/2016Advertising / Sales Issues | Read Complaint Details

This company engages in near fraudulent sales practices. When you order from a TV ad, only to pay shipping charges, they charge you double and again.
At the end of Jan, 2016, I ordered a trial cream of Natural Ceramides. I was called the next day and they kept insisting that I order the accompanying item of Hydroxyl Eye Cream for which I told them NO, repeatedly. I was shipped both and charged for both items on 2/4/16 (see copied bank statement)

02/08/16 RECURRING PAYMENT AUTHORIZED ON 02/04 GRCNAULTRA ************ FL **************** CARD **** $94.74

On the 8th I called to cancel my order and ask for a refund for the Hydroxyl cream I never ordered. I received a refund of $94.74 and on the very next day, they charged my account $83.74. See below.
02/09/16 RECURRING PAYMENT AUTHORIZED ON 02/07 GRCNAULTRA************* FL **************** CARD **** $83.74.

Its near impossible to talk to anyone. All their phone numbers go to the same central customer care and you have to wait long periods of time.

On 2/17/2016, I called again, because I told them they had made another charge without my authorization. They insist that because they refunded me the money for the first charge, it all works out.

It does not. I was charged for the eye cream I never ordered. They owe me the amount that was charged for the eye cream. The customer agent was not wanting to hear what I had to say, and kept interrupting me with the benefits of the eye cream. She abruptly ended the call saying, we are sorry we were not able to get you to see the benefits of your eye cream, but your account is resolved. I told them, I BETTER NOT GET ANOTHER AMOUNT DEDUCTED FROM MY BANK ACCOUNT, and she hung up.

These people are near frauding the elderly population, of which I am a member. Most members don't know how to fight back and get justice for being taken advantage of. Someone needs to close these places down, or get them to practice lawful advertising and sales practice.

Thank you and would appreciate anything you can do.

***************
******************

I want a refund of the Hydroxyl Eye cream that I specifically said did not want, even when called the second day. They grandfathered that cream in with my order for the Natural Ceramides Cream.

To Whom It May Concern:
**** places her order for the product Pure Ceramides and Hydroxacel Eye Cream on January 17, 2016. The customer paid shipping fees at this time for a 30-day supply of the product Pure Ceramides and Hydroxacel Eye Cream and receiving a 14-day trial period.

On February 4, 2016 this customer was charged for the Pure Ceramides product on February 7, 2016 charged for Hydroxacel Eye Cream product and by doing do the customer was registered as an auto delivery customer. Since, we had not received any communication from the customer to our support center at this time with any concerns on their account.
When **** contacted the Customer Service support about cancelling her account, per her request on February 11, 2016, the customer service department implemented that no additional charges would be applied to her account as requested and cancelled his account.

According to the customer account, the customer was issued a partial refund on both products, a partial refund was issued for the product Pure Ceramides in the amount of $49.87 issued on February 11, 2016. A partial refund was issued for the product Hydroxacel Eye Cream in the amount of $44.87 issued on February 11, 2016.

We hope this will satisfy her concerns as well abide by our policies.

I specifically did not order the eye cream, even after repeated calls from them to add the eye cream to my order. Each time, I emphatically said, "NO."

I ordered the Ceramide cream fully believing I would only pay for the shipping costs. I never authorized them to charge me again for the two items in less than 3 weeks.

I was out of the country. When I came back I noticed what happened and called Customer Service to cancel the order. It took forever to reach a live customer service representative, even though they have several phone numbers all leading to the same place.

They offered me a refund which I accepted on the 8th. Then on the 9th they deducted another amount. I never authorized a second order. I never ordered the eye cream in the first place. Their TV advertisement is misleading and not clear. They are targeting senior citizens like myself who don't fight back. I want the total amount of the eye cream refunded minus the half portion already credited. I also want the Ceramide cream refunded minus the half already refunded to me. I only agreed to the shipping charges. I am one of many taken in by this type of practice.

They should do the decent thing and return my money except for the shipping charge. It's a shame because it is a good product but their sales practices are misleading.

To Whom It May Concern:
**** places her order for the product Pure Ceramides and Hydroxacel Eye Cream on January 17, 2016. The customer paid shipping fees at this time for a 30-day supply of the product Nouvebelle and Bellesse and receiving a 14-day trial period.

On February 04, 2016 this customer was charged for the Pure Ceramides product and on February 07, 2016 charged for Hydroxacel Eye Cream product and by doing do the customer was registered as an auto delivery customer. Since, we had not received any communication from the customer to our support center at this time with any concerns on their account.
When **** contacted the Customer Service support about cancelling her account, per her request on February 11, 2016, the customer service department implemented that no additional charges would be applied to her account as requested.

According to the customer account, the customer was issued a partial refund on both product, which the customer agreed to.

A refund was issued for product Pure Ceramides issued on February 11, 2016 in the amount of $49.87. A refund for the product Hydroxacel Eye Cream issued on February 11, 2016 in the amount of $44.87.

Unfortunately, there will be no additional refund issued to this customer due to our 30-day return policy. According to our records the customer has pass the allotted time frame.

We hope this will satisfy her concerns as well abide by our policies.

I do not accept their explanation because simply they are not forthcoming with the needed information a consumer should get up front and through a TV advertisement that says "call now and receive for just the shipping charges of $...." They indicate there is a web site that explains their terms and conditions. Well, this transaction was conducted by phone only and, at no time, was I ever instructed to go to their website and accept terms of any kind. At no time was I ever explained that I was (unknowlingly) authorizing deductions taken from my banking account. At no time, did Y order the eye cream. At no time during their TV advertisement does it indicate you have a certain amount of time to try it and return the product if not identified. At no time does the advertisement indicate that within two weeks you will be charged for the entire product. They claim they are available 24/7, which is not true. I had to call over and over again on several different days, to finally get a hold of them.
This company, and many others like it, as not BBB sanctioned, and I can see why. There are many beauty companies that scam their customers in this fashion and this should stop.
They may not return any more money to me, but I have learned my lesson as are others that have been taken by these type of less-than-scrupulous companies. If they are not willing to do the decent thing to make a consumer happy, then so be it. Thank you for handling my case.

10/12/2015Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

this company charged me two different shipping fees when both products were in one box. also charged me 2 other times for products that were returned
in March 2015 i applied for a free sample of a product for wrinkles. I received the cream and pills the company then took out there shipping fee which I was charged $4.74 twice for one box. I sent back the items and in April was charged again 89.74 for one and the next day I was charged 79.74 for a product that I didnt have. I spoke with their Customer Service who stated that they understand but becuase they havent gotten the product back that they were only going to give me back 35% of what they withdrew from my acct for a product I didnt have. How is it possible that someone can charge you full price for two items one at $79.74 and the other $89.74 and tell you that I would only be getting back 35% of the money back. After reading about this company thru the BBB I see that This company has 54 complaints, regarding the same issue with other people and yet are still getting away with it ripping people off. After speaking with the Manager he said he would give me back 50% of my money but that was the best he could do!!! I told him I dont have the products dont want the products and I demand my money back and he insisted I would only get 50%. This company is out for blood, and I am sorry but I work to hard for this company to decide how much money they will give me back when I paid full price, for something I dont even have.

I am seeking settlement on the money they withdrew from my account for both products in the amount of $79.74 and $89.74.

To Whom It May Concern:
********* places her order for the products IWR Serum and Phytoceramides on April 1, 2015. The customer paid shipping fees at this time for a 30 day supply of the products IWR Serum and Phytoceramides and receiving a 14 day trial period.

On April 19, 2015 this customer was charged for the IWR Serum product, and on April 20, 2015 charged for Phytoceramides product and by doing do the customer was registered as an auto delivery customer. Since, we had not received any communication from the customer to our support center at this time with any concerns on their account.
When ********* contacted the Customer Service support about cancelling her account, per her request on April 20, 2015, the customer service department implemented that no additional charges would be applied to her as requested and cancelled her account.
At this time we have reviewed *********'s account with us we see the customer was refunded for both product for the full price of the product and noticed that she has filed a dispute of charges with her cardholder or bank. Because these charges are being investigated, we are no longer authorized to issue any changes or refunds to the customer's account. The customer's accounts with us have been cancelled, and no future orders will be placed.

10/12/2015Billing / Collection Issues | Read Complaint Details

Got 2 free trials, only paying shipping and two weeks later more charges were on my card that were not authorized.
Ordered the free trials of garcina gambodia and aloe cleanse paying only shipping charges (order number XXXXXXX). The two charges for the shipping came out on March 23rd. On April 10th, I checked my bank account to see that my card had been overdrawn by more than $200. I then checked my statement to see 4 unauthorized charges had been taken out from the company, in the amounts of $89.74, $30, $79.74, and $27. The email nor the website stated anything about recurring payments or more charges being taken out at anytime after the trial's were ordered.

I would like the total amount of unauthorized charges refunded totaling $226.48.

To Whom It May Concern:
****** places her order for the products Ultra Garcinia and Aloe Cleanse on March 19, 2015. The customer paid shipping fees at this time for a 30 day supply of the products Ultra Garcinia and Aloe Cleanse and receiving a 14 day trial period.

On April 6, 2015 this customer was charged for the Aloe Cleanse product, and on April 7, 2015 charged for Ultra Garcinia product and by doing do the customer was registered as an auto delivery customer. Since, we had not received any communication from the customer to our support center at this time with any concerns on their account.
When ****** contacted the Customer Service support about cancelling her account, per her request on May 25, 2015, the customer service department implemented that no additional charges would be applied to her as requested and cancelled her account.
After reviewing ******'s account with us and unfortunately, as per our company policy, we have a strict 30 day refund policy. We are only able to issue refund(s) for the latest charge on the account that occurred within the last 30 days.

07/20/2015Billing / Collection Issues | Read Complaint Details

Unauthorized use of my card
On May 23rd I made a purchase for this product for what I thought was a 14 day trial for only $4.95. Looked on my online account and there were (2) $4.95 debits and a $89.74 charge that had been deducted. I called the number that was listed on my bank statement. They stated that they did not show any deductions for the amount of $89.74. All they saw was 2 deductions for $4.95. I cancelled this order within 5 minutes of the purchase. They took off one of the $4.95 and I still have the other and the $89.74. I called back this morning and they still are stating that they show no payment of $89.74. I have had 2 checks to bounce that have tried to clear over the weekend. Very upset and I just want my money back!!

Money returned to account

Hi, we double checked our records, we can confirm that the customer did call and speak with our agents, the agents were able to located the two charges of $4.95, and also issued a refund for those charges to the customer. The agents then closed her account, to prevent any future charges. We have also reviewed the CRM and can not find any record of the $89 charge the customer mentions. Sadly, we are not able to refund this $89 charge, as it simply does not exist, we have refunded the $4.95 and closed her account the best that we can.

Thank you, we have researched and provided additional info.
Both $4.95 charges were refunded, the day the customer called in to speak with our agents.
The $89 charge the customer mentions, is not available in our system to refund.

The customer should contact her card company, as the $89 charge was a "Pre-Authization" to ensure the customer had funds on her card totaling the full price of her purchase.
(We do this, to protect ourselves from customers who use debit or "Pre-Paid" cards with a low limit of $10 on them to obtain products without paying for them.)

The customer's bank could release this pre-auth charge, as it was never captured it on our side.

02/23/2015Billing / Collection Issues

Health & Diet Food Products - Wholesale & Manufacturing, Vitamins & Food Supplements, Health & Diet Products - Retail