M.C Aluminum Xpress, LLC

25 complaints closed with BBB in last 3 years | 8 closed in last 12 months

03/02/2015Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Cannot get anyone out to fix the product?
Had gutters installed all around my house on 03/19/2013. Notice on 10/15/2014- 3- sets of gutters had negative pitches, plus 4- corners were leaking. I have been calling from that point on to get someone out to fix this problem. Have no idea why the lady that answers the phone keeps telling you she will have someone out to fix the problem when no one shows up???

Plain and simple-FIX the PROBLEM!!! Please

We apologize for the delay but we were backed up with work, we did get to the repair on Friday the 13th of February and completed to the homeowners standards.

02/02/2015Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Gutters in rear of house not installed properly; water overflows.
Seamless Gutters were installed Oct 22, 2014. After the first rain storm (last week of Nov 2014), I called to inform them of the problem: water in gutters installed on the back of the house overflow onto the porch. They promised to return my call first week of Dec 2014. They did not return call. I called again on Dec 11th. ***** came out to inspect the problem and agreed to correct it (did not note date). Gutters were scheduled for repair both on Dec 20th and Dec 24th. No one came.

Correct the installation so that the gutters work properly.

We are going under new management and due to lack of employees, we tried to get this situated as fast as we could and we apologize for any inconvenience. Repair done Friday, January 16, 2015. Home owner was on sight when installer arrived and everything was complete per he's request.

10/29/2014Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Company will not return call from messages to repair gutters. Gutters are only 8 months old. I called the company left my sons number for an estimate we received a call back quickly. I have left three messages for repair in over two weeks but no reply. I have a ten year warranty on parts and labor from this company. Company is ignoring repair work and have had them do this in previous matters as well.

I would like my gutters fixed. when I call and leave a message I expect a call back within a reasonable time frame. Not to keep calling back over and over again leaving a message. Three times in two weeks I feel is adequate time for a company to return your call for repair. Especially when you call for an estimate leave a message and they call you quickly.

We have spoken with ******* and we have agreed to take care of his repair asap. We apologized for the delay.

I filed the omplaint on the 15th of October. On the 16th the company called me told me they would have someone come out to repair on the 17th I spent five hours waiting and no one showed up. Today is the 21st and I have yet to hear or have someone come out from MC aluminum express.

Our Technician Eron was able to take care of the issues as of yesterday. If there are any issues, please contact us and we will gladly return. Thank you.

I have no idea why the company never returned my calls. All I know is that it took a complaint on behalf of the BBB to get a response from MC aluminum xpress for repair. **** did show up to take care of the issue and when it rains we will see if the repair is going to work.

08/13/2014Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

M/C Aluminum Xpress did not complete the installation of the gutters and dented the soffit with the ends of the ladder.
3/7/14 - M/C Aluminum Xpress installed seamless gutters (bronze color). Invoice ***** paid in full in the amount of $1341 through ***** Sales rep on the original quote was ***** After I inspected the gutters noticed one of the pieces was missing, they said they would come out and add the piece.

3/10/14 - Over the weekend noticed that four sections of the soffit were also damaged by the ends of the ladder denting them. Also bird feeder at the front of the house was crushed by a ladder or foot. Called ** to inform them of the damage and schedule the repair/add missing piece. They said no problem and would call me back with a date.

3/14/14 - Called ** back after not hearing back about repairs. They said they were not scheduling repair appointments right now and to call back next week. There are many people waiting and I was not a priority.

3/24/14 - Called ** back again and scheduled repair appointment for 3/29/14. Found out they only do repairs on Saturdays.

3/29/14 - Nobody showed, I was home all day. Called ** and nobody picked up, left voicemail.

4/7/14 - Called ** to reschedule repair appointment. They promised to call me back same day with date and time. No call back from ***

4/9/14 - Called ** and was informed that they do not employ anyone currently who can perform repairs. They said they would call me when they hire someone and it should be around Thursday (4/10).

4/13/14 - No calls back from ***

Finish the gutter job, adding the missing piece (valley shield in the front of house). Repair soffits (dents and scratches). House is only 4 months old.

If this cannot be met, refund 50% of the cost.

Also requesting $20 for the bird bath.

We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused. We will have a technician tomorrow that will be able to take care of all the discrepancies your're having on the soffits. Thank you very much for waiting.

Repair technician came out on 4/21/14 and added missing piece to valley. Soffits repair was not able to be completed by this tech due to skill level. Promised tech who could repair soffits was going to be hired next day. No calls since then to schedule soffit repair. Also promised cost of new bird feeder would be reimbursed.

We apologize for the delay. We're going to send a repair man to fix the soffit by Saturday and we have told Mr ******** to replace the bird house and bill us please. Please excuse us. Thank you.

Repairs have not been completed on the soffit yet. Visible damage from the ladders still.

Receipt has been submitted for bird bath reimbursement via email.

Thank you.

We will be sending a repair crew by this Friday and will take care of all discrepancies.

Resolved a couple of months ago.

07/07/2014Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

No return phone calls, untruthful about delivery of products and installation. Very poor customer service.
On April 21st **** ******* from MC Aluminum Xpress came to our home to give us an estimate on closing in our back porch. He was very knowledgeable and seemed like this was something they had done many times. He suggest us using Acrylic windows. We decided to sign the contract but he wanted $3400 down to order the windows and doors. We were concerned at the large amount of money requested but he assured us that they were a member of BBB and several other accredited business associations. I quickly looked up there website and noted that and read a few reviews mostly were good a few were not so good. We gave him the money and he said they would be calling to schedule us. They were very prompt calling us and scheduling the first visit. The worker **** (who at the time we didn't know was subcontracted out) came over and framed in the windows and doors one day then came back the next to install the screen. He told us then it would take 3 weeks to get the acrylic in. I spoke to **** again that Friday and he said he was in the process of ordering. A week and a half later May 12th a man named *** called me from there office and said there was a delay in ordering the windows and it would be 3 weeks from then May 9th till they would come in. A week and a half later May 21st I called to check on the order and to verify the doors were foam cored. *** said he didn't know what the salesperson had sold us as far a the doors but would check into it and he also said he was trying to expedite the windows and he would make up to me for the inconvenience. He also said I should call him back the next afternoon. I called back the next afternoon and left him a message with his receptionist. I never heard back from him that day nor the next day. I have called every day since and still have not received a call back. I started to get worried and called the salesperson several time ***** ******** and never received a call back from him either. on Thursday May 29th I called **** the subcontractor and he informed me that they still owed him money and he wasn't doing any work for them any more. I called again and told them I would like to cancel and get my money back since I cant get a phone call back. Still never heard back from them. I called Friday morning the 30th with major concerns and left a message. At 11am that morning I still have not received a call back so I called once more. the receptionist answered and said that *** was in a meeting with the owner and she received my message and would give it to him when he got out. I told her I was very upset and could not understand why he hasn't called me back. If he would just call me to explain I would understand just please call me back we could discuss the situation. I am a very understanding person if he would just return my calls we could work it out. She had said that she understood where I was coming from that she tells him all the time to return phone calls. She acknowledged that he has a hard time returning customer phone calls and she would try her best to have him call me back. around 5pm that afternoon I still had not received a call back. I called them and left a message saying if I didn't hear back from them by the next day I would contact the BBB. Today is June 1st and I have still not heard back. We are very concerned we have lost our $3400, no one has reassured us that the material has been bought and is coming in.

We would just like to get our $3400 back and hire a different contractor to do the work.

We spoke with Ms *******, and we have agreed that her door will arrive the 20th of the month following with a fax confirmation of her door is being shipped to be installed.

Contractor has contacted us and has scheduled to finish the 27th. Will update you after job is complete.

We have spoken with ******** ******* and we have agreed on a scheduling date, due to the doors are still arriving later this week.

10/29/2013Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Failure to provide proper service to complete job after numerous follow up calls. Rude and unhelpful employees.
This company is horrible at customer service and has false advertising on their lifetime warranty because they do not care about providing proper service to their customers and everyone that works at the office is unprofessional and beyond rude. They installed our gutters earlier in the year and were supposed to come back and adjust the gutters to fit around the stone we installed on the exterior of our house. We called them in the beginning of July and they came out and did a quote and were supposed to come at the end of July and they said they would come the week of July 29th. They never came and we called them over the course of the next 3 weeks, promising to come each day after but never called to tell us that they wouldn't come. They finally came once in mid August. When they did come in August, they said they did not have the right materials and needed to special order them. We then had to follow up with them. They told us that they had to order special parts, and then the parts had not come in and we had to keep calling them to get an update. We called them on 9/10, 9/11, 9/12, 9/13 - each day that they said they would come, they did not. I spoke to *** on 9/11 and was very frustrated and he made excuses, saying that the truck had broken down the day before; I asked why they didn't call, and he didn't give me an answer. He also told me to "take my business somewhere else" and that they "didn't install our gutters", when they did! They told me someone would be at the house to complete the job on Saturday, 9/14 and no one came. We called on Monday, 9/16 and they admitted that they didn't come but offered no apology. I called on 9/17, they told me that we would be the next job but then when I called 2 hours later, they told me the installer had jury duty! They finally arrived on 9/19 but they never had "special parts" when they finally arrived to do the job at all - they lied to us again! It does not look professional because they just cut the gutters to fit around the stone and we are highly displeased with how it looks because we were lied to about "special parts" being ordered and we waited 2 1/2 months to get someone to come out. In addition, the gutters on the roof are not draining properly and they need to come out and fix that based on the guaranteed lifetime warranty; but I am so tired of trying to call them and am very frustrated with calling them every day and highly displeased with the comments made by *** regarding "taking business elsewhere. " He was extremely disrespectful toward me and I do not appreciate that after paying them almost $900 to install our gutters. They are rude, unprofessional and had no intention of completing the job in the first place and have false advertising regarding their lifetime warranty. Work performed is poor and I am thoroughly disappointed that we hired them.

First of all, the job looks horrible; there are no "special parts" and our gutters look ridiculous. They should redo the job. I would like them to credit us for this job considering that they lied about special parts for the job and never had anything "special ordered" as they claimed, and given that they were rude and never came when they promised to come. Furthermore as a part of the warranty on the installation they need to come fix the gutters so that they drain properly.

******* ****** originally asked for our services on January of this year and we did a entire gutter installation on her home paid in full. She later contacts us so we can do a small job for her of only 100.00 because she was an existing customer, even though our minimum is 250.00. It was very difficult for us to order ''C'' elbows because she wanted to have some custom work around some stones on her home. I repeated to her that it was going to take some time, so if she wanted to have another company do the job, she could. I wouldn't blame her. BUT, she knew she was getting a good deal, and all she had to do was just wait. Also, she keeps claiming that we did her job incorrectly, but she wants to claim that 7 months later AFTER she paid?? It makes no sense. I had already sent a installer to do her custom downpout that she still owes us. She also has not called the office regarding this new problem that she has. We will indeed stand behind our product and still honor the lifetime labor, 20 year manufacture warranty.

No one has come or called us to rectify the issue (as usual). At this point we do not trust MC Aluminum at all and are thoroughly displeased with the lack of service and the lies and do not care to pursue further business with them. I am also reiterating that we are not paying for the NON CUSTOM job that was done because we have to get it re-done by another company to fit the needs that MC Aluminum did not meet. They promised us a custom job with CUSTOM PARTS and they did not provide that at all. We refuse to pay for this job as they lied to us and they need to stop sending letters to us because we will seek legal action against them.

We have scheduled someone to be out there and take care of any discrepancies till satisfied.

09/11/2013Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Pieces missing, gutter leaks, long gutter replaced shorter they made a hole in flashing, other gutter causing major leaks, and more to list, no room

August 5, 2013

To: M/C Aluminum
From: ***** *******, *** ******* ***** ***** ****** ******** FL
Subject: Gutter Replacement on August 3, 2013

List of Issues to be fixed and replaced due to poor installation

2 Plates, corner piece missing, after gutter replacement

Long gutter piece replaced on the side was done short and by removing the old gutter, a hold was made on the metal against the house

3 shields that we had, were removed and bent, and installed in the wrong location

Down spout leaks at elbow after removal and replacement, front corner

An existing gutter had a leak at the end against the house, a drop, we requested a leak repair, the installer said it was short and needed to be replaced. We approved the replacement, the new one was installed incorrectly, short, not leveled, not straight, she shield was bent, the down spout on top was moved and placed incorrectly and the white trim around the window was left full of dirty finger prints

On August 12, 2013 a fax was sent with the above letter requesting repairs to be completed by August 16, 2013
On August 15, they called to schedule for August 16, 2013, nobody came on that day

August 18, 2013

To: ****** at M/C Aluminum
From: ***** *******, *** ******* ***** ***** ****** ******** FL
Subject: Gutter Replacement on August 3, 2013

As you know on August 12, 2013 I sent you a fax with the details of the poor gutter installation performed on August 3, 2013 requesting that the work is completed by August 16, 2013.

On August 15, 2013 I received a telephone call from your office stating that someone will be coming to fix and replace the gutters on August 16, 2013. On that day, I started calling your office at 2:30 PM wanting to know at what time they will be coming over. The receptionist, *******, stated that you will be calling me back in 15 minutes after talking to the person scheduled to come. Since I never received a call back, at 3:30 PM I called your office and I was told that you had to leave and that you will be calling me later.

I never received a call back, and nobody from your office came to fix and complete the job as promised on August 15, 2013. As a result, I would like this invoice amount be changed to Zero, so I can hire a qualified Gutter Company to make the necessary repairs to complete the job that M/C Aluminum damaged and destroyed with their lack of knowledge and sloppy labor.

We are still working on all angles to return and complete the job at the consumer's satisfaction. Mrs ******* will not pay a single cent until the job is completed to her liking. Thank you.

As stated in my previous notes, I do not wish this company to come back to do anything else. They showed that they do not know how to properly installed gutters and they already proved that. I want to use a company that can do the job right the first time. I do not want to use MC Aluminum any further. I want a statement from them stating that the job is complete and no payment is required from us, otherwise I will be reaching out to my attorney.
Thanks BBB for your assistance in resolving this issue.

We are working very hard to have this project completed as soon as possible. We will be contacting ***** this week and inform her of the date and time of our return. We apologize for all inconveniences this has caused. Thank you.

09/05/2013Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

they took their time to install gutters almost 3 weeks , after installation the wood around were they attached gutters broken and gutters leakin
they also have another address **** *************** Orlando fl. we have called them and left messages spoke to the girl send them the pictures of damage wood broken were they installed gutters and their leaking. and nothing done to this day. We singed the estimate and work order on 07/05/2013 they installed on 07/26/2013 and paid in full$650.00 ck invoice **** . the salesman ******** ***** was the salesman who came to home ,my wife called him yesterday he said he no longer works there to many problems

come and fix it

We have explained to the homeowner that we will be sending someone this week to have a look and then schedule a repair as soon as possible.

gutters are in pieces, from the last rain storm we had they broke and came apart. we are looking for a lawyer to sue them.

We have already showed up and completed the repair. If there are any issues, please let us know. Thank you.

08/22/2013Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

They installed gutters incorrectly. Job is also not complete; office staff has made numerous delays. This has gone on for two months; I want a refund.
I received an estimate from **** (no longer with the company, I was told) on April 27, 2013 for a gutter and soffit replacement in the amount of $1,650. Workers arrived over a week later, took down old gutters, separated gutters from screen porch, and began replacing soffit. It began to rain, so they (understandably) had to stop working that day. No one came back until weeks later, when two guys quickly slapped up the gutter and did NOT attach it to the screen porch. Soffits were still missing.

On Memorial Day (5/27- a full month after estimate was made), we had an unannounced visit from ****** the soffit guy. We had family over that day and told him to please come back another day. He came over the following weekend, put up the soffits, and did a good job. He said that on the coming Monday or Tuesday, his friend would come and attach the gutter to the screen porch and replace (for free, he said) the screens that the guys had inadvertently popped out. The gutter and soffit looked fine, so we paid him in full by check. BIG MISTAKE. The very next day, it poured, and we saw that the gutters were overflowing, flooding the patio carpet. No one ever came to attach the gutter to the porch, no one called to schedule a time to finish the job, and my calls were consistently met with "we're very busy, we have a lot of other repairs to make," etc.

In the meantime, the gutter itself was (and still is) leaking whenever it rained, it's buckled and leaking onto the fascia, and my patio rug is stained from constant flooding onto my patio. Numerous times the office staff said someone will come out today, tomorrow, later today, etc., but NO ONE CAME for weeks. Finally, two guys came during a lightning storm to fix the gutter- they tried re-pitching it. After they left, it was still leaking and flooding.

A worker named ****** arrived two weeks later (end of June) and said the whole job was screwed up from the start, that it was impossible to attach the gutters to the screen porch because they hung the gutters too low (!!!). He noticed the gutter buckling, the incorrect pitching, and the leaks. He caulked some leaks and left, saying he'd let the boss know that the repair would take "two guys a whole day to fix it." No one ever called, no one came to fix it, no one responded to my calls. Three weeks passed.

I emailed the office on July 2nd and called ****** to tell him that I'd like a refund. He said he can't just give me a refund, he'd have to send a representative ("very experienced") to "see if we can fix it or give you a refund." I told him to also send ******, as he seemed to understand the problem.

I was told that someone would arrive on Monday, July 8th at 9 a.m. No one showed. I called the office; ****** said they'd arrive before 2:30 that day. No one showed. I called again and ****** said ****** was on his way. ****** alone arrived at 4 p.m. on July 8th (a full two months after estimate was made) to "fix the problem." (A job that I was told would take two guys an entire day to fix.) It immediately became obvious to me that they had no intention of giving me a refund; they just wanted ****** to do a "quick fix."

I reiterated to ****** that all I want is a refund; I would NOT like anyone to work on the gutters at this point. It's been two months with constant brush-offs from the office staff, false promises of people coming to fix it, and no response to emails sent (not to mention the fact that they did the job incorrectly in the first place).

I am baffled by the number of positive reviews this company has. I have never had such a frustrating and utterly unprofessional experience with a business. I cannot recommend them to anyone.

The original estimate was for $1,650, but since the soffits are fine, I would like a refund check ASAP in the amount of $1,300. I also want them to come and remove their gutters ASAP so that I can have new ones installed by another company before storms hit.

We are trying to send someone to at least attempt to repair the gutters due to her having warranty. If our repair guy does not have a solution for repair then we would gladly offer the refund but she will not let us. We need to at least attempt a repair, which is the reason why there is warranty on all work.

This is a bunch of double-talk. We are not talking about a REPAIR. The gutters were not installed correctly in the FIRST place, and the job was never completed. We have been sitting with faulty installation since May! Now they blame US for not "letting them" fix it??!! This is EXASPERATING. We've given this company COUNTLESS chances to redo the incorrectly installed gutters and complete this job, not to mention we've given them days of our lives, waiting around for someone who never showed up! They said in their paperwork that "all jobs are guaranteed to be installed within a week upon request." They are not true to their word. We are unsatisfied and WE WANT a REFUND. We do NOT want to be under their 5-year warranty, having to wait around for technicians who don't know what they're doing, plus talk to the office staff who constantly blows us off and/or never gets back to us. It's unprofessional, it's rude, and it's no way to treat people.

We have completed the job, and we have sent installers numerous times for repair, but when they arrive, they tell them that they no longer want to have it fixed and want a refund. They need to atleast have us attempt the repair or have our project coordinator inspect the job to make a final decision. They have a lifetime labor 20 year manufacture warranty. We need to atleast do our part.

03/29/2013Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

I was looking for a company to replace my back porch gutter, this company gave me the estimate of $250.00 plus taxes, to replace it professionally workmanship. They came to my house when I was not at home, so they call me by phone to pay the bill, I call to my house and I asked to my kid if they installed the gutter. After I paid by phone, I got home and I notice that they left a few areas unattached, so I call them and they told me they are going to send a technician to repair the problem, I was waiting for weeks, they did take care to my insistent calls, and they send a person who came when I was not at home,. And I noticed that this person caulked all the length of the gutter (24'). And left many holes throughout. I check of the roof of my porch I notice that they made holes with screws, they were drive trough of the aluminum roof, so I call to the company, they promised to me to send somebody in two days, the person who finally came, came without the right hardware because he was not aware about my type of gutter it had. He also stated that the person used wrong screws, it is the reason why the gutter was hanging low, and he is going to caulk all the holes that they made. I call the company to ask to do the right work as they promised to me or refund my money back, and in the some time repaired all the damage caused to my aluminum roof. They told me to send another employee but nobody showed up.They sent employees that caused damage to my roof and flashing instead of fixing a problem. They took my existent gutter, now I have a hanging gutter, no matter how many calls I made or e-mails I sent to them, looks that they do not care because they have my money in their pocket.
Product_Or_Service: replacing and existent gutter
Order_Number: 6021( invoice)

I want my money back and they have to repair all the damage they caused

The homeowner has been refunded the money and the reason why the job was unable to be done at his satisfactions was because the previous company that installed the insulated roof put on the wrong gutter

First, because I extended to this company a check for the amount of $266.25, and they only returned to me $250.00. I expected my full money back that I paid to them.
I will never hired again nor recommend this company because the technician do not know their trade tehy make mess on my roof, or maybe they do not care their company bussines.

Sorry ****** we will mail you the rest

Gutters & Downspouts, Aluminum, Soffit & Fascia, Pressure Washing, Patio, Porch & Deck Enclosures, Painting Contractors