BBB Accredited Business since 02/17/1999

SCS Hardwood Floors Inc

10/11/2013Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Upon learning I had signed with another company due to lack of response on his part, ******* said, "good luck" and hung up on me. Very rude!
I contacted SCS in August 2013 for an estimate of repairing wood floor due to water damage. ***** said he would have ******* call me. After 1 1/2 days I called again and spoke with *****. He was surprised ******* had not called back but said he would have him call. Took 6 days before ******* came to home and made evaluation. Upon receipt from insurance, contacted SCS again to have work done. Called ******* on 9/17/13, left voice mail. No response. Called again on 9/18/13, left another voice message, no response. I also sent an email to him indicating I wanted to move forward with the bid and asking that he return my call. No response. I called at 4:45 that afternoon and spoke with receptionist who said he was on the phone again and asked if I'd like to leave a voice message. I said I'd already left 2 and he hadn't responded to those so didn't desire to leave another. She took my name and number and said she'd have him call me. On 3/19/13 at 3:30pm, ******* called me, I informed him I had signed with another floor company and he asked why. I said, "because I couldn't get you to return my phone calls." His response was "what? from yesterday at 4:45?" I answered, "that wasn't the first time" and before I could finish the sentence, he said "good luck" and hung up the phone.

No settlement needed from the business other than professional courtesy. I was shocked and amazed not only at the lack of attention given but especially the rudeness of *******. My suggestion will be to all of my friends, not to purchase from them.

Contact Name and Title: ******* *******
As stated to *** ****** on several occasions i was sick with the flu a total of 10 working days and 3 weekends in August and September. As one would expect it became very hard to catch up work after missing that many days. I still went to *** ****** house (sick) and explained exactly what needed to be done to repair her hardwood floor. I sent her a proposal based on our meeting. There are only two salesman here and we do our very best to service every customer and their needs in a timely manner, even when sick. Look at our BBB record. I appoligize for any rudeness or inconvenience.

Floors - Hardwood, Floor Materials - Retail, Hardwood Floor Contractors