In Central Florida

Worldwide Brands Inc.

4 complaints closed with BBB in last 3 years | 2 closed in last 12 months

01/27/2014Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Complaint Category: None of the Above - Refund or Exchange Complaint Issue

Complaint: My company purchased a monthly payment plan to try out WWB on Dec 6th 2013.
On 12/6/13 my company purchased a monthly payment plan to try out WWB. With no luck in finding any distributors in our industry's products that we wanted to added to our merchandise portfolio, we contact WWB on 12/16/13 one week later to inquiry about how to find the distributors with the products we are looking for. A rep by the name of ****** ***** got back to me via email and asked for product brands by name that the company WWB could search through there databases for us. We sent the list via email the next day 12/17/13. We still have yet to hear back from WWB; until they took another payment installment of 110.00 on 01/06/2013. We contacted WWB because we never received an email for the products or suppliers we are looking for. WWB states that we have 30 days from the orginal purchase to recieve the first installement of $99.00 back we contacted WWB for there help 1 wk after having the subscription and they failed to contact us back we have copies of the email corresponse between myself and ****** from WWB. We are asking for a full refund the 110.00 + $99.00 first installment fee. WWB failed to inform us of any wait times they may need to research our products it has been almost 1 month waiting for a response and we wanted to cancel after the first week but decided to see if they would be able to assist with finding the suppliers we need.

We do not understand the reason for this complaint. Customer requested a refund, and as stated on our refund page, please allow up to 5 business days. This customer will be refunded on or before Friday 1/17. All customers that fit our guidelines for a refund receive one.

05/23/2013Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Complaint Category: Failure to honor refund, exchange or credit policies

Complaint: I purchased membership on 7/22/2008, requested refund via email on 8/15/2008 (within the required 60 day period).
I tried the service but didn't like it, requested refund per their policy at the time. It doesn't matter if I logged into their website prior to the refund request (I had to do that to try it out).

Here is part of an email from the company, confirming that they received my 8/26/2008 refund request but did not honor it.

"8/26/2008 - ****** replied and let you know that we were contacting a couple of wholesale suppliers for what you were requesting and if those suppliers weren't to your satisfaction, we could then proceed with a refund since you still had plenty of time within in the 60 day refund period."

We want the customers to login, that is not a problem. However, the customer is leaving out some important details. As per the Terms of use, we require that all customers contact customer support prior to submitting a refund so we can address any issues, concerns or questions first and if they still want a refund, they must let us know within the refund period of 60 days from purchase date. This customer purchased on 7/22/2008 and logged in several times as we expect our members to do. On 8/15/2008 the customer contacted us in regards to a refund and the issue was that he couldn't locate certain products he wanted to sell. On 8/15/2008 & on 8/26/2008, customer support contacted the customer back to let them know that we will add their request to the research list and we found 2 companies that we were contacting on his behalf. If the customer still wanted a refund at this time, they simply had to let us know. We never heard from the customer. But the customer CONTINUED TO LOGIN TO THE MEMBERSHIP after their refund request. Customer logged in again on 8/14/2009. Then the customer contacted us again on 6/6/2011 for a refund. We replied that we would still allow the refund since we didn't hear from the customer the first time and internally we were going to let the logging into the membership on 8/14/2009 slide, and we requested that the customer submit to our refund link for processing. The customer didn't comply with submitting for a refund as requested. However, the customer CONTINUED TO LOGIN TO THE MEMBERSHIP again and logged in on 12/8/2011 & 5/8/2013 and then finally complied with the refund submission link on 5/8/2013. However, due to the fact that the customer didn't comply in 2008 nor in 2011 to submit to the refund link, as we request all members to do so that request a refund, and since the customer continued to login, we have denied this refund request.

Even though the customer has failed to contact us within a reasonable time frame after their first request for a refund, and is in breach of our terms of use, we will provide the refund. A check in the amount of $299 will be sent to the address on file.

04/02/2013Advertising / Sales Issues | Read Complaint Details

Complaint Category: Advertised product not available

Complaint: They lead me to believe a false representation of the products and companies available. Did not show real until after I paid.
The offered a preview of the different products they offer, it showed many, many products to choose from, leading you to believe they work with many companies within each industry. This is false. After I paid $300.00, I learned there were LESS THAN 5 products in my category, not over 500. I tried to contact the company and could never get through to speak with someone. I am beyond disappointed and request a refund immediately.

The Free Preview on our site shows exactly what is listed in our Current Directory. There are no misleading brands or products represented in the Free Preview, as it is pulled from the Directory itself.

The customer purchased on 3/1/13. We offer a 60 day money back guarantee. The customer simply has to email *****@worldwidebrands.com and request a refund. This is outlined in the terms of use that the customer agreed to upon purchase.

We are more than happy to oblige her request for a refund, as she is still well within the refund period.She simple needs to email us.

03/14/2014Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Complaint Category: Failure to honor refund, exchange or credit policies

Complaint: ***********************************************************************************************************************************************
I paid first month for $99.00 and was not happy with their listings and asked to close the account and a refund. They refused to give a refund just because in Sept 2012 I did signed up and paid first was $99.00 and was not happy and asked for refund and they did and thats why they refused to do it twice. I feel unfair about it.

All customers must agree to our Terms of Use before purchase. The Terms of Use states if you have purchased previously and were issued a refund, you are not entitled to another, as you know what to expect. Our service has not changed in format in many years.

******* purchased on 9/15/2012, requested and received a refund. He then purchased again on 2/19/2014 and requested a refund and was denied, per the Terms of Use.

If ******* didn't agree with our Terms of Use, we can only suggest that he shouldn't have signed up again and clicked that he agreed to them.

We have cancelled the current account per *******'s request and have cancelled the payments.

I don't care what your terms said. If no refund then you get an F for BBB! Give me back my fund!! I never saw anywhere in your terms that said so.

It is apparent that the customer did not read the Terms of Use before purchase. On our site, when a customer orders, they must agree to the Terms of Use. The Terms of Use has not changed for many years and it clearly states in the refund section that if you purchase previously, you are not entitled to a refund. Again, we have already cancelled this account and will not attempt to collect on the remaining $220 that is owed. Our refund policy can be found here; http://www.worldwidebrands.com/wwb/copyright_text.asp#REFUND_POLICY_ We make it easy to find and read with a quick link on the top of the Terms of Use for the customers to locate and read and understand.

Business Opportunity Companies, Online Education, Mailing Services - Drop Shipper, Wholesalers & Distributors, Publishers - Directory & Guide