BBB Accredited Business since 03/04/2013

Buz's Automotive

11/13/2015Guarantee / Warranty Issues | Read Complaint Details

Auto Repair shop does not stand by their 90 day warranty on the work that they do on vehicles as they advertise on their sales receipts.
I had my air conditioner blower resistor replaced at Buz's Automotive on August 26, 2015. After this repair the A/C would no longer blow out of the floor or the front vents. It was only blowing out of the defroster. I brought the vehicle back today,which was still well within the warranty period and they refused to correct the new problem that they caused,which should be free under their 90 day service warranty. There is also a one year warranty on parts but that doesn't apply in this case they said because they looked at it and said it now needs more parts to completely fix my A/C. I already spent 71.03 on parts and 181.00 on labor and they wouldn't honor their warranty. I told them I would be notifying the BBB of their shady business practices and he said "go right ahead, we will still be here" very rudely. So I spent all of this money to have my A/C fixed and it is still not working and they wanted to charge me to fix what should have been taken care of the first time I brought it in for repairs. Extremely rude people there who refuse to honor the warranty on their work.

I will not be going back to this repair shop and will take my vehicle somewhere else now, but I would just like this to go on their record and let others know that they don't stand behind their work. Also, I have a copy of the sales receipt which shows the dates that I was well within the warranty period when they refused to fix the problem that they created after installing the resistor. I could not attach this receipt because I do not have a scanner to upload it. If you need a copy I would be happy to provide it by mail. Thank you for your help in this matter. Replacement

To whom may concern:

The original complaint for the vehicle in question was that the A/C fan only worked on the highest speed. The fix was to replace the blower motor resistor. I am the one who worked on the car in question. After the repair was made, as per our policy, the vehicle was checked to insure that the problem had been fixed and the A/C fan was blowing air at all speed settings. During this inspection, I would have noticed if the air was only blowing out the defrost vents (especially on a hot August day in Florida). Had there been a problem, I would have checked for the cause of that problem at that time to insure the repair was done correctly.

When the vehicle was brought back at the end of October, by the owner Mr. ****, our manager explained that the original repair that was made, would have nothing to do with the direction of the air flow. Mr. **** was accepting of the explanation and left our place of business. It was Mr. ****'s daughter that then contacted our business to demand that the repair be made for free. We then asked her to bring the vehicle in so we could inspect the repair we had made. She obliged and brought the vehicle in the same day. I was more than accommodating to look at the repairs we had performed to insure that we had not made a mistake. Where the blower resistor is located it would be impossible to damage anything that has to do with the mode door (the door that directs the flow of air to different vents).

At that time I also visually inspected the vacuum lines to make sure none had fallen off (the vents are operated by engine vacuum and if there is no vacuum they default to the defrost position). The vacuum lines is not something that was related to the original repair but as stated we did a visual inspection as a courtesy to make sure that was not the cause of the new problem. We did not perform a thorough hands on inspection of the vehicle because the customer was already visibly and verbally upset, and I could not guarantee that it would be free, which is what the customer was demanding. I made sure there was nothing out of place.

I have attached a copy of the invoice. It looks like there was more than one problem with the vehicle we fixed. The parts and labor for the blower resistor would add up to about $70. We continue to stand behind our warranty that if there was a problem with parts or labor, we would take care of it at no cost to Mr. ****. However as explained in the paragraph above, the work that was performed would not cause the secondary complaint.

While Ms. **** was still at shop, I asked why they did not come back immediately when they drove the vehicle home and noticed it was not working properly or during the 2 months since the repair. Ms. **** informed me that Mr. **** (her dad that drives the vehicle) was out of town for the past 2 months and the vehicle wasn't driven. Ms. **** then left, informing us that she would be contacting the Better Business Bureau.

We pride ourselves for the past 40+ years in servicing customers and taking care of their cars, in some cases for a lifetime. It was what my dad built this business on. Having dissatisfied customers is not good for business. Unfortunately, Ms. **** is convinced I caused the problem and it is impossible to have happened during the repair that we did. I am a problem solver, it is my job every day to find the problem and fix it. After Ms. **** left I wondered what could have happened to the car that was working fine when it left our business. I was looking at the invoice from the repair (as mentioned before it is attached) and I can't help but wonder if within the 2 months the vehicle was stored that another rodent got in there and chewed some vacuum lines that I didn't see during the visual inspection I did when she brought the car back. If you look in the notes section of the original invoice you will see we repaired rodent damage on idle air control.

We are truly sorry that Ms. **** is unhappy and feels that our shop has done anything to warrant a defamation of character such as "shady business practices" and as she stated "Extremely rude people there who refuse to honor the warranty on their work".

Brian B*****

I can clearly see by the response from this business that this oould go back and forth forever and it will never come to a resolution. Even if it did, I would never let them touch the vehicle again even if they paid ME! We were given a full refund for repairs that were not completed properly prior to this issue. I did not mention this issue in my original complaint but is all on record. My elderly 83 year old father brought it back there again to have the A/C blower fixed by mistake, after what had happened the last time, because his memory is not very good and he didn't remember that the original owner no longer runs this business. My father suffers from dementia and is easily taken advantage of, which is why I handled this complaint for him. I was not irate as he mentioned and never raised my voice once. I told him on ny way out that I would simply notify the BBB about the issue and he very rudely responded "go right ahead we'll still be here!" as I walked out the door. I also found it a bit odd in his response that the A/C blowing out the defroster only after it was supposedly repaired was a completely separate issue from the new blower that was installed and that it nay have been "a rodent" that caused more damage to the A/C. All that I know is the A/C is still not working properly and the air flow is still messed up. I am not an auto mechanic, therefore for me to know whether or not this was a completely separate issue with the A/C that developed after the repair was completed and that it possibly could have been caused by "a rodent" as he stated in response, would never have occurred to me,so it is very easy for people like, us without any auto mechanical knowledge, to be taken advantage of in these situations. If it were a completely separate issue other than the A/C I would have gladly paid to have any additional problems fixed. My only intention of filing this complaint was not to have "free work" done as he stated, but rather just to advise any potential future customer of this auto repair shop that this business no longer honors their 90 day warranty under the new management. I think his response speaks for itself. Thank you for your attention in this matter.

Auto Repair & Service, Auto Repair - Tune-Up, Auto Diagnostic Service