Accurate Automotive and Alignment, Inc.

11/26/2014Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

I took my car in because of a broken air conditioning belt. After replacing the belts the car would not start. It was starting fine when I took it in
I took my car to Accurate Automotive on Thursday,, Oct 9, 2014. I own a 2005 KIA Sorento. My car was starting fine, immediately when turned the key. It was smoking when the air conditioner was on & I could smell something burning. When I took the car it cranked just fine & they said I needed all belts replaced; I agreed to the work although I felt the price was a little high - $170.00. After waiting in the reception area from 1:30 pm to 7 pm the main mechanic ( and owner) came in and said the car wouldn't crank. He had no idea why. He brought me home and I left the car for him to figure out the reason & let me know. The next day I went by there & he said he thought it was the fuel pump (another $250.00). After watching what the were and were not doing I became very frustrated but left the car there again. A friend told me of another auto repair place that they highly recommended ( American Automotive Repair in Daytona Beach) I then called Accurate Automotive and told them to stop doing anything on my car and had it towed to American Automotive & they also said it was the fuel pump but when they looked at the fuel tank there was a large deep dent & several scratches that you could tell were new. They believed that Accurate Automotive may have possibly damaged the fuel tank which could have resulted in my fuel pump going out. Upon their work (which was exceptional) they saw no damage to the fuel pump itself but it still had to be replaced. So I had them do the work. They did an excellent job but I wonder if Accurate Automotive could have possibly damaged my fuel tank in some manner. I was told if I had been driving the car and done that much damage I would have definitely known it immediately. I believe that Accurate Automotive damaged my fuel tank and they should reimburse me for the cost of the fuel pump ($250.00) & possibly lower the bill for the replacement of the belts ($170.00). I would appreciate any help you can give me. I am a widow trying to live on my Social Security income of $1127.00 each month. This expense has caused me financial hardship & extreme stress.

I am seeking a settlement of at least $250.00 for the cost of the fuel pump and a refund of at least $85 - $100 on the belts because it was fine until they replaced those belts.

08/28/2014Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Work not done right, property stolen
$444.00 was pd on June 12,2014 for a blown A/C hose to be replaced and the A/C system to be checked. 1 mile after replacement, it blew again. He replaced it again, saying it was "a faulty hose" and that the compressor was bad. We still had no A/C. June 13th going home to TN, it broke down and had to be hauled home on a roll back. Our mechanic says there was a blockage in the back lines causing the compressor to lock up. We had to buy a new compressor and have the system flushed, costing another $360.00. If he had done his job and found the blockage, the compressor would not have blown and locked the vehicle up. He was informed that on our trip there, the back of the vehicle had no A/C. After we picked it up for the last time, it had no A/C in the front or the back. Also while the vehicle was there, $40.00 was taken, when I called 911 he gave the money back. I later found it shoved in the console, wadded up and hidden. There was also medication stolen. I returned the money the next day.

I would be satisfied with just the $444.00 being returned.

Auto Repair & Service, Four Wheel Drive Vehicles - Repair & Service, Auto Services - Oil & Lube, Wheel Alignment, Frame & Axle Service - Auto, Transmissions - Automobile, Towing - Automotive, Tire Repair, Tire Retread & Repair, Radiators - Automotive, Mufflers & Exhaust Systems, Engines - Fuel Injection Service & Parts, Brake Service, Auto Repair - Maintenance, Auto Repair - Power Steering, Auto Repair - Tune-Up, Auto Repair - Shocks, Auto Repair - Steering & Suspension, Auto Repair - Suspension, Auto Repairing - Foreign, Auto Repair & Service - Diesel, Auto Electric Service, Alternators & Generators - Auto Repair, Auto Air Conditioning, Tires - Commercial Sales & Service, Tire Dealers, Battery Repairing & Rebuilding, Wheel Chair Lifts & Ramps