E-Z Rent-A-Car, Inc. (Headquarters)

367 complaints closed with BBB in last 3 years | 119 closed in last 12 months

02/04/2016Billing / Collection Issues | Read Complaint Details

Erroneously charged for a full tank of gas and supplemental liability insurance. Returned the car full of gas and didn't agree to insurance.
I rented a car at Logan Airport on 12/30/15 and returned the car on 1/7/16. My rental record number is ***********

Upon return of the vehicle, I was emailed a receipt, which erroneously stated that I owed $107.09 refueling fees. I returned the car with a full tank of gas. Attached are my electronic receipts indicating that I refueled the vehicle--topped it off completely--only minutes before returning the car. I should be refunded the $107.09 fee.

In addition, I was charged $119.92 for supplemental liability insurance, which I waved. Please e-mail me any signed documents in which there is writing showing I agreed to this service.

The total charge that I am due in refund is $227.01.

I have left numerous messages with your customer service voice mail, on which you state that I am guaranteed a call back within 24 hours. I have not received any calls in response to my messages. I emailed the company explaining the nature of my complaint and the wrongful charges. I did not receive any responses.

I am going to file a fraudulent charge with my credit card company, as when I returned my car I was told that if there were any issues on the bill that was to be emailed to me, I would receive a return call within 24 hours to address any wrongful charges. I was not given this opportunity before my credit card was charged.

A refund of $227.01.

January 28, 2016

Case Number************

To whom it may concern;
We have read Mrs. ************* complaint and investigated this claim. Customer satisfaction is Advantage Rent-A-Car's main priority and we value each and every renter. We would also like to thank Mrs.***** for her time and patience in regards to this matter.
We take all feedback from our customer seriously, and we thank Mrs.***** for taking the time to make us aware of her recent experience with us. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience she was caused. After further investigation of Mrs.***** complaint we have concluded that Mrs.***** did in fact returned the vehicle with a full tank of gas back on 1/07/2016, therefore a refund has been processed for the amount of $107.09 plus taxes and fees. Also Mrs.*****'s Rental Records show that she signed accepting the charges for the Supplemental Liability Insurance for $14.99 a day for a total of $119.92 Also Mrs.*****'s signed the bottom of the Rental Agreement at the time of pick certifying that she had the opportunity to read, and that she agree to, the Terms & Conditions and therefore, no refund can be processed for the Supplemental Liability Insurance.
Once again, we hope that Mrs.***** will give us the opportunity to serve her again in the near future.

Customer Service Manager

I need EZRental Car to contact me either through telephone or email in order to issue me the refund, as I reported fraud to my credit card company and was issued a new card due to the erroneous charges.

February 03, 2016

Better Business Bureau of Southeast
Florida & the Caribbean, Inc. No. Pages: 1 of 1
4411 Beacon Circle Ste 4 Phone: ************

Re: Case No. **********
Case Number:*********

To whom it may concern;
We have read Mrs. ************* complaint and investigated her claim. Customer satisfaction in Advantage and E-Z Rent -A- Car's main priority and we value each and every renter. We would also like to thank Mrs.***** for the time and patience in regards to this matter.
We take all feedback from our customer seriously, and we thank Mrs.***** for taking the time to make us aware of her recent experience whit us. However after further reviewing Mrs.*****'s Rental Agreement we found that Mrs.***** signed accepting the charges for the Supplemental Liability Insurance (SLI) for $14.99 per day for a total of $119.92 and also she signed the bottom of the Rental Agreement at the time of pick up accepting the charges and therefore, no refund can be processed.
We hope that Mrs.***** will give us the opportunity to serve her again in the near future.
Please see attached copy of the signed Rental Agreement.

Customer Service Manager

I agree that I mistakenly signed for the Liability Insurance. I also agree that I returned the car completely refueled and should receive a credit for the gas charge.

01/29/2016Billing / Collection Issues | Read Complaint Details

No refund of deposit and over charged on vehicle options
I rented a car on the 25th of December. I was charged a $200 deposit. I was told I would receive it back within 3-5 business days. Returned car on the 31st of December. Called on the 6th of January. After a lot of effort connected with live/person. After she stopped laughing told me 5 to 10 business days. Have not received deposit or reason why deposit will not be refunded. Voicemails and emails have gone unanswered.
Also at time of rental was told that you had to have a sun pass as there were NO cash tolls in the whole state. This is actually a lie. We were charge $6.99 per day for seven days ($48.93) but the website says it is a $34.95 charge per week. Not only did we not actually have to have the sun pass - we were overcharged by the company's policy as stated on the website.

I would like my $200 deposit refunded

refund has been received through the checking account

01/26/2016Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

ONEWAY DROP CHARGE
********************** TPA 8:20pm Tampa to Denver 12/28/2015 was cancelled, I needed to drive from TPA-Tampa to RSW-Ft Meyers to get the 7:30am flight out to Denver 12/29/2015 (after dropping off my family in Sarasota)... I got a reservation thru ********* web page which I always use, got a relatively low rent price by me indicating clearly pick up TPA drop off RSW. Ernesto-desk clerk from ********* office verified my reservation on his computer. He tried to sell me Supplemental Ins which I did not agree to since I always use my own car insurance. He never disclosed one way drop off charges to me which I never had all the times I have used *********. He said now you are signing about 10 times on this device screen not explaining any of the items I was signing. I believed he noticed my urgency to be on the road to pick up family stranded in TPA and was not sensitive enough to disclose full contract. I received charges summary via email after 2 days noticing the additional 75.00 one way drop off charges. I indicated to him that I was driving from TPA to RSW to get next**************** from Ft Myers to Denver and drop off my wife and kids in Sarasota in effort to explain my itinerary. He was able to see my reservation in his computer, right there he should've explained additional charges. Good customer service and knowledge of the contract and always disclosing additional charges is imperative to the customer every time they rent a car. This is a quality that brings customers back time after time. I did not see any effort from this clerk to do so. Once home in Denver I saw the charges and I called the 800 number for EZ rental not able to get anyone on the line. I left several messages for a call back, nobody ever called me back.

$75.00 refund on one way drop off charges since I did reservation in ********* explaining airport TPA to RWS and was quoted a price and additional charges was not verbally disclosed.

Please see attached resolution.

To whom it may concern: I feel the refund is reasonable. Glitches can happen and also feel you have dealt with my situation fairly.
Mr. ******

01/25/2016Billing / Collection Issues | Read Complaint Details

I was over charged for a car rental. Invoice *********** I made a reservation online was quoted a price. I have tried to contact them. No luck.
On 12/1/15 I rented a car from EZ Rent A Car. I made a reservation online for a price of 6.98 per day for 4 days. It would be 15.36 a day for extra days. I had to call and extend the car past three days. I had the car from 12/1/15 through 12/10/15. When I returned the car and was given a receipt I realized the total was really high. I was told to go to the main counter. I did. I was told by the counter to contact the main office. I have emailed them, called them and faxed over documents. No one will call me back. I had to put the issue in dispute on my credit card. To date, EZ Rent A Car has failed to communicate with my credit card company.

I need for this company to readjust my bill and stop stealing from people.

January 21, 2016

Better Business Bureau of Southeast Florida & the Caribbean, Inc. No. Pages: 1 of 1
4411 Beacon Circle Ste 4 Phone:*************

Re: Case No. *********

To whom it may concern;
We have read *************s' complaint and investigated this claim. Customer satisfaction is E-Z Rent-A-Car's main priority and we value each and every renter. We would also like to thank Ms. ***** for her time and patience in regards to this matter.
After further reviewing Ms. *****s' case we found that she was charged $286.00 for the rate charge due to a glitch in the system. We have credited Ms. ***** in the amount of $165.16 plus taxes and fees for the rate charge. We advise for Ms. ***** to allow 3 to 21 business days as of January 21, 2016 for the amount of $205.81 to reflect on the card ending in ****.We hope that Ms. ***** will give us the opportunity to serve her again in the near future.

Please see attached a copy of Ms. *****s' refund receipt

Customer Service Manager

The math is still wrong and EZ rent a car has never tried to contact me. Never! Nor have they paid the commission on bookings made

January 22, 2016

4411 Beacon Circle Ste 4 Phone: ************
West Palm Beach, FL 33407 Fax:*************

Case Number:***********

To whom it may concern;
We apologize for the inconvenience. We have credited back an additional amount of $0.76 which is a grand total of $165.92 off the rate. Ms. *****'s original reservation gave her a rate of $6.98 per day for four days, which totaled $27.92 and the extra daily rate of $15.36. Due to the glitch in the system Ms. ***** was charged $190.00 weekly rate, and $32.00 for a daily rate for 3 days, which brought her total to $286.00 for the rate. Therefore, Ms. ***** was reimbursed a total of $206.76 in two separate transactions; one in the amount of $205.81 and the other $0.95 which will reflect on the card ending in*****. Therefore, no further credit is owed to her. We hope that Ms. ***** will give us the opportunity to serve her again in the near future.

Please see attached a copy of Ms. *****'s refund receipt

Customer Service Manager

I booked this with a travel agent. will you at least pay the commission to the agency ********* and can you provide customer service. Why did I have to contact the BBB for help?

01/22/2016Advertising / Sales Issues | Read Complaint Details

Unable to cancel prepaid car reservation. Contract permits cancellation 24 hrs before rental. Website, email,& 2 phone contact methods unanswered.
Reservation ************. Reserved and prepaid on 12/6/2015. The car to be picked up on 12/26/2015 at 3:00 PM. Contract permits cancellation 24 hrs before rental begins with a $50 penalty. I called their toll-free number at least 3 times. The phone message repeats: we are assisting other callers. Asks to leave a message to be returned in 1 business day. Left a message. Never returned. Website cancellation would not recognize my reservation. Sent an email on 12/23. Did not get acknowledged. Received an email on 12/24 from their automated billing/confirmation department indicating that the reservation is still on. Replied immediately asking again for cancellation. No response. 12/25/2015:called their Fort Lauderdale office. No one picks up the phone - get voice messages. All boxes are full. Called again their toll-free number. No one picks up even after being on the phone for 30 minutes.

I have seen this type of business practice before. They take your money, but there is no way they will allow you to cancel. This is contrary to their advertisement. There is no customer service.

I am contacting American Express to put a hold on the charge. If for some reason my card gets charged still, I want the charge to be reserved.

To whom it may concern;
We have read **************'s complaint and investigated this claim. Customer satisfaction is ********************'s main priority and we value each and every renter. We would also like to thank ************** for the time and patience in regards to this matter.

As a sign in good faith we have processed a refund in the amount of $721.68 for reservation #************, however, a cancellation fee of $50 was charged. As stipulated in our terms and condition a cancellation fee will be charge if you cancel reservation within the 24 hours from the reservation time. The Refund may take from 3 to 10 business day to process and to reflect in **************'s account. We value******** as a customer and we hope that******** will continue to rent with us in the near future.
Kind Regards,

Even though they are not correct on the their contract interpretation, the result is right. The agreement permits that I could cancel it 24 hrs before the rental starts for a full refund minus $50. Their response indicates that there will be a $50 charge if I canceled within 24 hrs of making the reservation. That is incorrect. I just wanted to point out to help future consumers like myself.

In any case, some one at that company finally paid attention to customer service. I appreciate that. I hope they try to be their own customer (i.e., make a reservation, and try to cancel etc) to realize they have very poor customer service. Often, that is the best way to improve one's own business practices.

02/05/2016Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Advantage rental car over charged our bill for a rental car by $1100.00 last November in new York. We were dealing with the passing of my sister at the time and needed a rental car for a week. The bill was only suppose to be $228.00 instead of $1328.00. After numerous calls to their customer service department,which they always seem to busy to answer we did manage to talk to one of their employees. I have never dealt with such rude and totally incompetent people. The company has not corrected their error, or refunded what they should not have taken. We e-mailed them everything they asked for yet they still refuse to correct their overcharge of our account,or admidt that they did anything wrong with their billing practices.
Product_Or_Service: rental car

I would like my money refunded to me immediately, and have their business license revoked to end their incompetence in dealing with rental cars and customers. Their personnel need training in customer service, and handling consumers complaints without the attitude and disrespect they give to customers. I think the company should be closed and all the assets sold with the proceeds going to everyone who dealt with this company and was cheated by them.

To whom it may concern;
We have read ***********'s complaint and investigated this claim. Customer satisfaction is E-Z Rent-A-Car's main priority and we value each and every renter. We would also like to thank Mr. ****** for his time and patience in regards to this matter.
After further investigation and review, we have found that due to a glitch in our system Mr. ****** was overcharged. We have issued a refund for the amount of $1,011.44 back to VISA ending on #****. It takes approximately 3-10 business days for the refund to reflect on the account. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience Mr. ****** underwent while renting with us. We would like to offer a 20% voucher for any future rental with us for any inconvenience cause to Mr. ******. We hope that Mr. ******, grants us the opportunity to serve him again in the near future.

Please review attached documentation.

02/03/2016Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

EZ Rental claims that I damaged a car that I rented. I did not. No damage when car returned to EZ. They have not returned my calls.

Car returned early and given credit. Customer rep walked around car, did not report damage to me, because there was no damage. Two weeks later, received bill for damage from Zulay R********. Damage was not there when returned. I called immediately upon receipt of bill, requested pics of damage AND pics of when car was returned by me. Pic of damage emailed today (1-7-16), but no pictures of when I returned it. I have called and emailed many times, no return calls, no return emails other than the one I received today with pics of damage. I will be glad to send pictures of damage allegedly inflicted by me if needed.

Since there was no damage on the car when I returned it, I should not be contacted to pay this claim again or be billed for the damage that I did not inflict That is why I am asking for help from you. I do not feel as though I should have to pay for damages that I did not cause and were not there when I returned it to the company. I was in shock when I received the bill since there was nothing wrong with the car when I returned it. I have no idea how to proceed from here since no one from the company will call me or send all of the pictures that I have requested. I should not be responsible for the cost of damages that I did not cause or inflict. Resolution should be that I do not pay any money on this claim.

January 11, 2016

Customer:**************
To whom it may concern;
We have read Mrs. ************ complaint and investigated this claim. Customer satisfaction is Advantage Rent-A-Car's main priority and we value each and every renter. We would also like to thank Mrs. ****** for his time and patience in regards to this matter.
We take all feedback from our customer seriously, and we thank Mrs. ****** for taking the time to make us aware of his recent experience whit us. However as stipulated in our prior communication with Mrs. ******, after further investigating and reviewing Mrs. ******'s complaint we found that there were no preexisting damages on Mrs. ****** rental. All of our vehicles are inspected when they are put on ready line to be rented out and again when the vehicle is returned. When Mrs. ****** inspected the vehicle he did not mark down any damages on his inspection slip. As stipulated on Mrs. ******'s signed Rental Agreement, if any damages are found, all charges will be placed on the credit or debit card on file. Because there were damages upon return Mrs. ****** is responsible for all repair cost. We advise that she contact our Risk Department at ************ for further assistance with his claim.

Customer Service Manager

I have contacted this EZ/Advantage many times about this disagreement and have never received response other than pictures. No phone calls nor emails have been given a response. The letter from Advantage/EZ, is a form letter using both Mrs. (the female adjective) and he/his (the male pronouns). No time was taken to address the personal issues.
I agree that there was no damage on the vehicle when I took it out of the lot. The attendant to whom I returned the car did not see or discuss any damages with me. The only conversation was that the car was returned early and I would receive a credit for the time. My response, once again, was that there was no damage when it was returned to the rental facility.
I have repeatedly requested additional pictures of the returned vehicle at the time it was returned by me. I have received no response to this request.
I have contacted the Risk Department many times (for further assistance) and never received a return call.
Once again, I am very upset by this continuing issue. I did not damage the rental car in question .

I spoke with a representative from EZ and was told (as I already knew) that their representatives that check in the vehicle go around the car and are supposed to point out any problems with the car at that time. When the car was checked in, the representative did not make me aware of any damage. I asked the person with whom I spoke on the phone why no one pointed out damage, she told me that it must have been an over-site, that the damage was very slight. I continued to ask why no one mentioned damage to me, and was told I could have a 20% discount on the bill. I once again ask why no one made me aware of any damage. The phone representative could not give me an answer. I was then told that she would take the issue to the next level and that I should receive a call. I have not heard from EZ again until yesterday, when the manager once again emailed and asked if I wanted to pay 20% less, I emailed the same response to him that I gave to the rep on the phone, that I wanted to know why no one mentioned damage when the car was returned. I am still not satisfied with EZ's response since I did not cause any damage to the car and no one mentioned damage to me when the car was returned to EZ.

January 29, 2016

Customer: ************

To whom it may concern;
We have read Mrs. ************ complaint and investigated this claim. Customer satisfaction is Advantage Rent-A-Car's main priority and we value each and every renter. We would also like to thank Mrs. ****** for her time and patience in regards to this matter.
We take all feedback from our customer seriously, and we thank Mrs. ****** for taking the time to make us aware of her recent experience whit us. However as our previous communication with Mrs. ******, after further investigating and reviewing Mrs. ******'s complaint we found that there were no preexisting damages on Mrs. ******'s rental. All of our vehicles are inspected when they are put on ready line to be rented out and again when the vehicle is returned. When Mrs. ****** inspected the vehicle she did not mark down any damages on her inspection slip and she agree that there was no damage on the vehicle when she took it out of the lot. As stipulated on Mrs. ******'s signed Rental Agreement, if any damages are found, all charges will be placed on the credit or debit card on file. Because there were damages upon return Mrs. ****** is responsible for all repair cost. We advise that she contact our Risk Department at ************ for further assistance with his claim.

02/01/2016Billing / Collection Issues | Read Complaint Details

Billing issue:
I rented a Jeep from EZ on 1/12/2016 online for 174.00. When I arrived at the EZ front desk the Customer Service Agent stated that the Jeep I rented would not be sufficient. She stated that Colorado has laws concerning coming down from the mountain and that I needed to have a 4 wheel drive vehicle or that I might not be permitted to come back down the mountain to return the vehicle( she saw me coming) What a load of bull, there were small vehicles driving down the mountain with no problems at all. I never once had to use the 4 wheel drive!! I did agree to have them fill the car upon arrival and we still had 1/4 tank of gas!! I paid for the vehicle 173.00 online prior to arriving then I wanted my husband to drive and was told since I paid on my Credit Card there was an additional 39.95 for him...
She also stated that if I took out the Collision Insurance it would only be 9.00 per day( HAHA)
My initial bill for the Jeep was 173.00 now I have been charged 847.00 because I was lied to at the EZ Rental counter. I have tried without any luck to contact EZ and have left messages.
I would never rent from this company again as I feel they want to deceive people just to make more money.... I would like for them to refund my money 647.00 because of the false statements made by their employee.
My reservation number ************

I am seeking a refund to my Credit Card of 647.00 because I was lied to and taken advantage of.. No one should be treated that way.

January 19, 2016

Better Business Bureau of Southeast Florida & the Caribbean, Inc. No. Pages 1 of 1
************************* Phone: ************

Re: Case No. # ********
Claim Number: ***********

To whom it may concern,
We have read *************'s complaint and investigated this claim. Customer satisfaction is E-Z Rent-A-Car's main priority and we value each and every renter. We would also like to thank Ms. ******* for her time and patience in regards to this matter.
After further investigation and review we found that the Rental Agreement was signed accepting the optional services listed as: Collision Damage Waiver, Supplemental Liability, Pai/Pec Insurance, Roadside Service Plan, Additional driver and Upgrade. When Ms. ******* signed the Agreement she acknowledged that she had the opportunity to read through the Agreement before signing to verify all charges were correct. Once the contract is initialed and signed we do provide our customers with a print out of exactly what was signed. Therefore as a final resolution we are unable to reimburse for the optional services. For Ms. ******* valued service, we have attached a 20% voucher for your future rental with us. We hope that Ms. ******* grants us the opportunity to serve her again in the near future.
Please see attached Signed Rental Agreement.

Naomi C******,

01/28/2016Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Our most recent rental experience (**********) was nothing but disappointing and this is coming from a repeat customer. The main problem we encountered was the fact that we were charged a Collision Damage Waiver (CDW) option even when we verbally declined all options at the time of check-in. I understand that we should have verified the Rental Record prior to leaving the facility even though we handed the agent a copy of the e-mail confirmation (************) that had a price of $53.16 and again verbally declined all options at the time of check-in. This resulted in an additional $57.57 charge after the additional taxes were added to the CDW option. During the check-in processes the agent even stated to initial (7) times to decline all options that were discussed initially. This additional charge more than double our rental.

The second concern is with the customer service that we received when attempting to have this mistake corrected. After a visit to the Ft Myers office where the transaction occurred the Sun morning after returning the rental, the agent on duty was unable to help and told us to contact the manager Andrew after 11:00 in the morning. A phone call was made but a voice mail had to be left and a return phone call was never received. We then attempted to call the main 800 number several times. After being disconnected while on hold at least twice, messages were left and similar to the Ft Myers office a return phone call was never received within the window that was provided.

A similar note as above was left on the company's web site for customer service on Sun Jan 10th 2016. An automated response e-mail was sent stating they had received our request and that 1-2 business days were required before a response would be sent. Again, no response was ever received as of this complaint on Jan 20th 2016.
Product_Or_Service: Rental Car
Order_Number: ************
Account_Number:***********

Ideally the $57.57 refund or a future rental credit is what we are looking for and at this point some form of an apology for the lack of intervention from customer service is also warranted. We are loyal returning customers that have always declined all options and past rental agreements will show this.

January 22, 2016

************************ Phone: ************

Customer: ***********

We have read *********** complaint and investigated this claim. Customer satisfaction is E-Z Rent-A-Car's main priority and we value each and every renter. We would also like to thank Mr.**** for his time and patience in regards to this matter.
After further investigation and review we found that Mr. **** agreed to purchase the Collision Damage Waiver. As stated on his signed Rental Agreement "you certify that you have had the opportunity to read, and that you agree to Rental Record and terms and conditions". Because Mr. **** signed accepting the Collision Damage Waiver and agreeing to the Terms and Conditions a reimbursement is not applicable. This is Upper Managements final solution. We hope that Mr. **** will give us the opportunity to serve him again in the near future.

Please see attached a copy of Mr. **** Signed Rental Agreement.

Customer Service Manager

Based on the fact that a printed copy of the e-mail confirmation for $53.16 was handed to the agent at the time of check-in and verbal confirmation was provided that no additional options/coverage's were needed, the agent either made a mistake (that the company should acknowledge) or the company is admitting that the agent purposely deceived their customer by adding the additional CDW charges and stated to initial all boxes in order to deny all additional options/coverage's, when in fact one was actually added and then somewhat hidden on a small electronic device that was barely readable at the time of confirmation.

This fraudulent activity was reported the day after the (2) day rental was returned and several days to follow with no reply from the business until a report was made to the BBB (10) days after receiving a note from customer service that a reply would come within 1-2 business days. The business obviously had no plans of replying to the multiple complaints and had hoped the complaint would just disappear.

Why would any consumer waste so much time reporting a fraudulent transaction to the BBB worth $57.57 if it were truly not valid and provide an option to the business to either credit the overcharged amount or provide a future rental credit?

I am a retired individual from the travel industry and am completely aware of all options that can potentially be charged in transactions such as this one. I know how to deny such options and made every attempt to avoid additional costs at the time of check-in yet EZ Rent-A-Car refuses to make good on a claim that they know is valid and I am sure is not the first of its kind, again probably the reason they refused to respond to any of the first complaints made directly to them.

January 27, 2016

************************ Phone: ************
West Palm Beach, FL 33407 Fax: *************

Customer: ***********

To whom it may concern,

As we recently explained we found that Mr. **** signed accepting the optional service of the Collision Damage Waiver for $24.99 a day plus taxes and fees. When Mr. **** signed his Agreement he acknowledge that he had the opportunity to read through the Agreement before signing to verify all charges were correct. Because Mr. **** singed agreeing to a total of $110.73 which included the Collision Damage Waiver, as Upper Managements final resolution, we are unable to refund Mr. **** for this coverage. We hope that Mr. **** will allow us the opportunity to serve him again in the near future.

Customer Service Manager

I did not receive a copy of the rental agreement until after it was initialed, signed and printed. The small electronic screens were barely legible (very dim) at time of check-in and when the agent stated to initial (7) times to decline all additional options/coverage's I took her word for it. If there was a normal sized KIOSK that displayed all options via a touch screen when accepting the agreement like many of your competitors there would have been no visual issues or opportunity to deceive your customers. As stated previously the company should acknowledge her mistake or they are admitting that they are practicing deceitful tactics on their customers by not processing the requested refund or future rental credit. I will not accept any resolution of this claim with the BBB other than the just refund or future credit that has been requested.

01/26/2016Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

We rented a car from E-Z Rental in Orlando. When we picked the car up we pointed out the scuff on the front bumper which all 4 of our family members witnessed but were told it was only a scuff not damage. Then after we returned home we got a bill for the damage $674.60. We contacted our insurance agent and he advised us not to pay it since we did not do the damage! We have repeatedly told E-Z that we will not pay them since the damage was already there and we did not do the damage! They keep emailing us and contacting us but we stand strong- if we did the damage then we would pay for it but we refuse to pay for something that was already on the vehicle before we rented it!!!! We have for witnesses who saw the damage when we picked it up!
Product_Or_Service: car rental
Account_Number: Claim Number *****

We would like E-Z to stop trying to get us to pay for damages that were already on the car. We are upstanding and honest people with clean driving records and credit.We think they are scammers and we will never use their business again. Also beware to those who use this company!

To whom it may concern;
We have read ************* complaint and investigated this claim. Customer satisfaction is E-Z and Advantage Rent-A-Car's main priority and we value each and every renter. We would also like to thank ************* for his time and patience in regards to this matter.
We take all feedback from our customer seriously, and we thank ************* for taking the time to make us aware of his recent experience whit us. However as stipulated in our prior communication with *************, after further investigating and reviewing *************'s complaint we found that there were no preexisting damages on ************* rental. All of our vehicles are inspected when they are put on ready line to be rented out and again when the vehicle is returned. When ************* inspected the vehicle she did not mark down any damages on her inspection slip. As stipulated on *************'s signed Rental Agreement, if any damages are found, all charges will be placed on the credit or debit card on file. Because there were damages upon return ************* is responsible for all repair cost. We advise that ************* contact our Risk Department at ************ for further assistance with this claim.

Customer Service Manager

That is not an acceptable response. We pointed out the scuff on the bumper and were told that it was not damage that it is just a scuff so we have asked E-Z multiple times to look into who rented the car to us or which employee we dealt with. Also when we dropped the car off the employee didn't say anything about the damage on the car either. The damage is actually just a scuff if you look at the pictures and all four of our family members witnessed it being on the car at time of pick up. We have called and emailed multiple times to try and get this resolved and on one occasion they offered a lesser amount to pay which makes us question their business ethics and practice! We reuse to pay for damage that we did not cause and that was for a fact already on the car!!!!! E-Z is threatening to send us to collections at this point but we still refuse to pay for this unfair accusation!

We didn't put anything on the slip because we were told that it was a scuff and not damage. Nor was there any mention of the scuff when we returned the car. Like I said we have witnesses and E-Z needs to look at who rented the car to us. maybe they did the scuff since they didn't think we needed to mark it as damage?! We have already been sent to collections by E-Z but told the collection agency the same thing!!!! If E-Z is so concerned about customer satisfaction maybe they should have listened to us - we have called and emailed multiple times and have dealt with 3 different people from their office about this without getting anywhere. We stand by not paying for the black scuff that WAS already on the car at the time we rented it. We are disputing the collection agency at this point. We have also filed a claim with the Attorney General of Washington and Attorney General of Florida.

January 25, 2016

Re: Case No*********
Case Number:***********
v
To whom it may concern;
We take all feedback from our customer seriously, and we thank ************* for taking the time to make us aware of his recent experience whit us. However as stipulated in our prior communication with *************, after further investigating and reviewing *************'s complaint we found that there were no preexisting damages on *************'s rental. All of our vehicles are inspected when they are put on ready line to be rented out and again when the vehicle is returned. As we previously informed Mrs. ************* when she inspected the vehicle she did not mark down any damages on her inspection slip. As stipulated on *************'s signed Rental Agreement, if any damages are found, all charges will be placed on the credit or debit card on file. Because there were damages upon return ************* is responsible for all repair cost. Once again, we advise that ************* contact our Risk Department at ************ for further assistance with this claim.

Auto Renting & Leasing, Insurance Claim Processing Services