Sir Charles Appliance Repair

4 complaints closed with BBB in last 3 years | 2 closed in last 12 months

02/01/2016Advertising / Sales Issues | Read Complaint Details

Sir Charles Appliance Repair was asked to come to our home to trouble-shoot and repair problems with our dishwasher and refrigerator. The charge for this was agreed to be $79.00 with the stipulation that this charge would be applied to the repair cost is we chose to have those repairs done. No further stipulations were discussed. The technician arrived, assessed the problems, was paid and departed with the promise to determine the cost of needed parts and "get back to us in a couple of days". Many calls to Sir Charles since that time have met with excuse after excuse but no progress. Today, nine days after the initial visit by Sir Charles, they acknowledged that no parts have been ordered. Moreover, they now say that they will not order the parts unless we pay a deposit equal to 50% of their costs. This obvious sham is a shame! First they collect to asses the (supposed) problem, then they fail to perform, and then they want more money.

Refund the money charged inasmuch as they are attempting to add additional, unrealistic and unacceptable requirements, to our verbal agreement.

Mrs. ***** contacted us regarding her ************* dishwasher, reporting that a plastic piece came off of her dishwasher, and that she also wanted her refrigerator *********** checked.
Tech went out promptly and diagnosed that her dishwasher needed plastic control housing. Due to the fact that is a ************* it would require research from our office.
No local distributors provide parts for this brand. These parts have to be order from ************* directly. This was Thursday the day before New Years Eve, by Wednesday the following week we provided an estimate. We explained that this was a special order part and would require a deposit. Mrs. ***** did not want to give deposit. We explained that we cannot order parts without a deposit, especially in this case. We were willing to apply the $79.95 trip charge to the deposit. She refused. We apologize that we are not able to break our policies and procedures in this case. Mrs. ***** has used our services before and was a repeat customer. We sent a qualified tech to her home, provided a fair estimate. If she would like proceed with repairs we have no problem complying with our estimate and long as a deposit it paid in advance.

10/19/2015Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Misquoted entire cost of repair as $350. Actual cost was much higher when technician arrived. I refused the service at that time.
An inexperienced technician was sent to do the initial diagnosis of my appliance. He spent much of the time on the phone with another technician trying to troubleshoot the issue. He wrote me an estimate of $350 which I felt was reasonable and I wrote a check for $100 towards the repair. The repair was scheduled with a different technician who arrived and 1) had the incorrect part 2) looked up the correct part and told me that the part alone would be $469, already higher than what the total repair estimate was from the first technician. I told the second guy that I need a few days to decide whether I should pay that much for the repair or just buy a new appliance since the cost was almost as much a buying a new one. I also expressed my dissatisfaction with the knowledge level of the technician who did the original estimate. He said he understood and that all I had to do was call the office if I opted out of repair and I could get a refund. I bought a new appliance and contacted the company left a message with Yolanda who told me the office manager would contact me about the refund. A week went by, no call. I called again, spoke to Yolanda, who took another message and promised a call back. Two weeks go by, no call. My third call was today and I'm told to call again tomorrow and I can speak to the Office Manager directly. It's unacceptable that they are not returning my calls. I shouldn't have to hunt them down after they keep promising me a call. I asked Yolanda who the main supervisor is and she says she doesn't know. I ask who owns the business and she says "Charles". I ask "Charles who?" and she is silent. I ask "What is his last name?" and she tells me. The customer service is horrendous and I feel like they don't want to refund my money. I have never experienced this type of service. Awful, awful, awful service.

Assisting me with getting a refund of $100 I paid in good faith towards the original estimate. I am unable to get anyone there with any authority to call me back.

Mrs. ****** called on 8/14/2015 reporting refrigerator not cooling properly. Made appointment for 8/17/2015 and agreed to a $59.95 trip charge.
Tech went out found the evaporator fan motor not staying on properly. Motor tested good, advised customer that we would send out a lead tech to determine where short was. Estimate for repairs $350.00. Mrs. ****** paid deposit of $100.00. Lead tech went out on 8/21/2015 found problem with the temperature control assembly. Gave estimate $469.00 to replace. Mrs. ****** decided not to proceed with repairs.
I spoke Mrs. ****** today 10/6/2015 and agreed to refund her $40.05. ($100.00 -$59.95 trip charge) I sincerely apologize for not getting back with Mrs. ****** on a timely manner. We will send out a refund check immediately.

03/06/2015Problems with Product / Service