BBB Accredited Business since 10/14/2013

Appliance Direct, Inc. (All Store Locations)

32 complaints closed with BBB in last 3 years | 12 closed in last 12 months

07/07/2016Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Purchased washer/dryer 5-13-16 called company to complain that my lights flickers when unit is on.
Went to use new washer on 5-14-16 and lights were flickering thru out my house. I asked to please replace these items as lights did not flicker before installation. Appliance direct told me to called ****** who told me to get electrican who said call power company. Electrican, power co, ****** and appliance direct made service calls. my power is ok I keep calling appliance mart to replace and they won't return my calls. ****** coming for third opinion next Friday in the meantime I cannot use items purchased. Everyone keeps passing the buck.

I want a replacement washer/dryer but since no response from the store I would like a refund.

From:*****************************************************************
Sent: Wednesday, June 22, 2016 11:48 AM
To: **********************************
Subject: RE: BBB Complaint Case# ******************************************

Hello ********

Can you take this complaint off our record?
******** knows now that it was her house power that was the problem.
We helped her but it still didn't have anything to do with our company or our product.

David **********
V.P. of Sales & Marketing
Market Share Systems
************************
Melbourne, FL 32935
***************************
*****************
*******************

My house power was checked by *********** and electrical contractor. My power is okay when not using washing machine/dryer. I called this company the very next day and asked to replace machines and they told me to take certain steps and I did. I kept calling for supervisor and no response. When I left my last message about what I planned to do regarding filing complaints they return my call, picked up equipment but have not put thru a credit to my account. I am out lots of money because of the run around from this company. Please ask them to submit refund as they have equipment.

Appliance Direct has picked up merchandise and I have received credit for the merchandise so I thank you again for your help and this matter can now be closed.

01/20/2016Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Purchased 3 items (washer/dryer/stove). 1st delivery paid by me but one item was wrong. Told 2nd delivery would be free but was charged.
Made purchase on 8/25/15 (Cust Code: ********* & charged to **************. Wrong glasstop range delivered but paid the $50. delivery fee. Told would not have to pay 2nd delivery but did since it was noted Appliance Direct took the $50.00 off the purchase price. My CC bill was for the full price - hence I did pay for the 2nd delivery even though they brought the wrong item. Contacted the AD HQ (via email) on Sep 8, '15 and their reply was only wanting to know which store original purchase made. Did have follow-up calls with Fruitland Park management and they said the salesman would pay for the 2nd delivery. Obviously he did not since it is on my revolving credit card account. Paying a total of $110. for delivery of three items, then a corrected delivery and that machine was improperly hooked-up and was not working. They had to come a 3rd time with a "working" range. No trouble since then but I think I should get my $50. returned incorrect charge.

Send me a check for the $50.00 taken off the purchase price - which was used to cover the second delivery of a damaged product. A 3rd delivery would have been unnecessary if the first one had been accurate and if the second range was properly installed. Sad that a complaint needs to filed for such a thing as charging a customer "two" delivery charges for their original mistake.

A money order for $50.00 was sent out to the customer.
We apologize for the mistake.

Robert L******
General Store Manager

I would accept the response and resolution from Appliance Direct. However, as of this writing (December 14, 2015), I have NOT received the money order supposedly "sent out to the customer" on December 4, 2015. One would think that it would not take that long for mail to be delivered to our address - noticeably "10" days from when it was mailed. I hope this can really be satisfied soon.

Since it took way too long to get Richard his $50, I doubled it and sent him $100. We talked about the breakdown and how to solve it this morning in the managers meeting. We put in place a new plan.

Appliance Direct

The final response from senior management at Appliance Direct was appreciated. That appreciation also included the doubling of the requested refund. I believe that better measures in handling customer issues will be implemented at the point of purchase location(s). Thanks again and thank you to the BBB for their intervention assistance.

12/21/2015Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Dear Mr. Sam P**, Please know that this is a big problem that have occurred with my front load washer and dryer. When I first saw the units, they looked so good and I was told that they were the top of the line and brand new from the factory. I believe this to be true. I even went to the library to look up the units in Consumer Report. They are list among the top three. That is also why I bought them. The Appliance Direct store is located at **********************, Clermont, FL 34711. Luis P****** GSM. ************** I have had someone out to my house almost every week since I purchased the units on 7-4-2015. It was delivered to my home on 7-8-2015.The units are as follows:1.**************** S/N: *********** ************** S/N:***********.**************** S/N: ******************** (2 Pedestals) When I leave home and come back the lights are still on; the machine does not turn off until I turn it off. The washing machine sounds like a motorcycle when spinning. The soap intake will not take the powder nor the liquid. I have ran the wash load and the clothes were not cleaned because the powder or liquid did not go into the clothes. I have to put the powder or liquid into the drum and mix it in with the clothes. When I want a particular feature the machine will not allow me to select that feature. I have to compromise and use one that I do not want to use. (Can you imagine washing your jeans on a delicate cycle just to get the time and temperature you want?) ...I look forward to hearing from you ASAP. I want them out of my home NOW!! (This was emailed to the president on 10-5-2015)
Product_Or_Service: July 4, 2015
Order_Number:********
Account_Number: Cust. NO. *********

Please help me to get the company to remove the appliances from my home immediately. The credit company that was used have done their research and is returning the amount that have been paid ($500.00) as a credit They are ************* (Account No. ****)This is the only resolution that will satisfy this dispute. This company always advertise that if you do not like their product you will get your money back. Well, I just want them to remove their appliances. Thank you.

We are working with the manufacturer on this case.
I will update this page as soon as I know more.

08/14/2015Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

We purchased a Black Maytag side by side refrigerator February 2013. and paid $60 for it to be delivered to our home.
Black side by side Maytag Model#MSF25C2ExB00 purchase date 02/09/2013 salesperson Richard P***** Total Paid $1298.97 Visa Debit - customer code ********* delivery date 02/16/2013 purchased a 4 year warranty which included 1 year factory warranty. we have had Whirl Pool come out 3-4 times 2 times because of lose handle which was lose upon delivery Appliance Direct was called they had me to set an appointment with Whirlpool to have the service person check the handle he came to our home and tighten the handle it was still lose and the service person told us if the handle could not be tightened we would need a new door so some months went on and the icemaker was replaced and at that same time the door handle was tightened by the service gut from Whirlpool again. the next visit from the Whirlpool repair person was to defrost the dispenser that holds the ice and we paid for that service out of our pocket because that was explained if their was nothing major wrong we would have to pay. A couple months went by and we said that this was a new refrigerator and this handle is not suppose to be like this and my wife called whirlpool and the warranty service and she had to go back and fourth with them and had to prove to them the purchased date because they were telling her that they have in their system a purchase date of June 2012 and she had to prove the purchase date. by faxing the receipt with the purchase date - model and serial numbers. and finally they told us to call Appliance direct and they are to handle this problem. so my wife states to me that she think they sold us a product someone else brought back or it was repossessed that's her opinion on the matter. but we brought it brand new. this has been since 2013 and now in 2015 we finally get the manager from Appliance Direct come to our home and checked the handle and said he was going to order a new handle at first and than he said he would just order a new door the refrigerator door handle the freezer handle is fine no problems with that one. so it has been since March 2015 that the store manager said he would order the new door first he said from 4-6 weeks that time passed by and no call from him or anyone from that store we have had to call asking they would say nothing yet so about.my wife called and one of the salesperson said for a brand new door it takes from four to six months. so about the third week in July 2015 a salesperson from Appliance Direct named Brien called and said that the handle would be in next week and the new door was scheduled to be in on the 24th so on the 27th of July my Wife called she said that at the time of her call to Appliance Direct she ask for the manager and they told her he would be in in about 30 minutes so she said she waited about two hours no call so she called back and the manager answered the phone and he said at that moment he was on the phone with whom ever the company that was to ship the door out. he told her to hold the line because he was talking to them and that the door was lost. so we never received a call back that day so my wife called today July 30th and the manager states he'd ordered a new door no call from him saying hey we are ordering a new door just to tell us something. now that is bad business. please help

we just want the new door for our refrigerator or give us a full refund this has been going on to long.

A new handle was placed on the fridge on 8/3/15 correcting the issue with the fridge door. Ms. ***** requested we replace the other handle so they would line up correctly. A 2nd handle has been ordered and is expected in on 8/14/15 and Ms. ***** will be notified when it arrives so I can setup a time that is convenient for her due to her work schedule.

Robert L******
AD31 store manager

The new Handle that was replaced is on tight we have had no problems and we are happy with that, but the Handles do not match. one is a bit longer than the other. Store manager did say he would order another new handle.

08/13/2015Delivery Issues | Read Complaint Details

Bought a $1,000 Refrigerator for my mother and to deliver at 11:30 am showed up at 3:30 pm refused to hook it up, store refusing to return calls.
I bought a new refrigerator for my mother from the Kissimmee store and it was price matched (I have the 18 or 21 page print outs). It was to be delivered on Friday of that week, they called and said they would be there between 11:30 and 1:30 to deliver, never showed. Called store they gave me a cell phone number to call the delivery company, called he said they should of called to say they were running late. He showed up alone at 3:30 pm and put it in place and left. Mother asked him to hook it up (water line) and he refused because he said we did not buy the water line from them. It was supposed to come with a kit as the price matched one did a $14.95 value and the salesman assured me they would hook it up and remove her old one (they did not). I called store and was told that David handled my sale and was with another customer and would call me back and he never did. Called again, told they are not responsible for delivery company - separate company. I am VERY UPSET I spent a LOT of money on this as a retirement gift and her 70th birthday and they ruined it, also refused to price match the free delivery Sear's offers, my mother had to pay him $50 to plop it down, refuse to hook it up and leave. Now the store won't return my calls after they got my sale. I have been an Appliance Direct customer since they opened selling scratch and dent appliances, I furnished two homes using them. I thought my mother was in good hands and now she has a $1,000 refrigerator with no ice or water and the Kissimmee store wants nothing to do with it, tell me to call *************** who say call the store. I am really, really upset and over this. Her retirement gift ruined.

I want them to hook it up for her and give her back her $50.00.

It is********************************, Orlando FL 32821 and an apology.

We spoke to customer and his mother to schedule a time for the team to come and
install the water line. The team went to her house and installed the water line.
They did apologize to her for the confusion.

The customer, *******, had purchased a water kit from another source. My salesman did not ask what kind of kit he had. The kit was poly line with ends that have to be installed.
Our team does not use this type of kit because they tend to leak over time.

We have talked with both ******* and****** and this complaint is resolved.

Appliance Direct

Was supposed to be included, Appliance Direct does not return calls, refused to refund my mother her money because they would not price match Sears free delivery and installation.

We have been trying to get a hold of ******* so we can refund his mother $50 and verify the address where the refund is to go. We will keep trying.

08/02/2016Delivery Issues | Read Complaint Details

Purchased a stove on 7-7-16. Paid for it. Was told it would be in on 7-12-16. Product did not arrive and not available
Purchased an advertised stove, ****************, on 7-7-16. Paid with CC and and it would arrive on 7-12-16. Stove did not arrive and was told it is not available. Sales rep Douglas P*******, would be more than happy to sell me a more expensive one. How does someone take your money and not even able to get the product, but always has something more expensive? I feel this is a typical bait and switch scam and a total waste of my time. Total charge Was $445.02 which they did refund.

I expected to be offered an oven of equal or above for the same amount of money. When I pay for an item and am told it is on it's way, and it's not I do not expect to be tried to sell a more expensive item

When the customer bought the Amana AER5630BAS Whirlpool showed it as available then changed it to back ordered.
I called Whirlpool and they were out of that range in the Orlando warehouse and the Atlanta warehouse but did has one in there Ohio warehouse.
They are shipping it down here for the customer. We apologize for the inconvenience.

07/25/2016Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Purchased a washer and dryer from company and waited a week for delivery. Once arrived product did not work. Product was deemed brand new.
After purchasing a washer and dryer from company when it arrived a week after purchase it did not work. I was told the appliance was brand new however the compressor was shot. Company did send a repairman out a few days after initial complaint. I asked for a complete replacement of product as it was suppose to be new and was treated extremely poorly by the manager. The manager refused to replace the washer and dryer stating it was their policy to have the one we purchased repaired. If a company is selling brand new appliances and one does not work there should be a replacement. I purchased a brand new appliance, no repairs should be made. After arguing with the manager he stated he would charge me for someone to come pick up the washer and dryer, which I do not feel is my responsibility. This company did not and has not been honest and are selling broken products. I have asked for the washer and dryer to be picked up on Friday afternoon so I do not have to miss more work but was told absolutely not. I need the washer and dryer picked up on my time as this is completely the fault of the company.

I was told when the washer and dryer are picked up the refund of $55 would happen yet I am still waiting on them to pick up the appliances. I am wanting them to pick up the appliances and have my refund check handed to me at the same time.

We tried to send service to resolve customers issue, ****** had to order parts for the customer and due to parts being on backorder and at the customers request, we have picked these up from the customer on the date and after hours time requested buy the cusotmer on 7-1-16 and issued a refund to them. We apologize for the inconvenience. Thank You!

05/23/2016Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

?

?
***********************

To
******************

Apr 21 at 9:59 PM

I have already submitted. They told me you were the office handling it. So I wanted to know if you are aware of this and the status, if available? below is the response I already received....

Thank you for submitting your complaint to us.

The BBB that will process your complaint is:

?BBB of Central Florida, Inc.
?1600 S. Grant St.

?Longwood, FL 32750
?Phone: *************
?Fax: *************
?Email Address: ***************************
?Website: *******************

You will hear from this BBB soon regarding your complaint.

What's next?

Did you know BBB does more than just collect complaints? Use BBB to get news and tips concerning the marketplace. Or to find a great BBB Accredited Business.

New refrigerator door installed or big dent and scratch adjustment.

Hello,

Appliance Direct apologize for the doors taking so long to come from the manufacturers.

We set up appointment with *************, at the customers request we waited until 5-4-16 to swap out the doors for the customer to completely resolve the sitution with a new non-dented door.

Appliance Direct.

04/11/2016Guarantee / Warranty Issues | Read Complaint Details

I purchased a Microwave Oven from Appliance Direct on 1/16/13 with a four year extended warranty. The warranty is not being honored.
On 1/16/13, I purchased a ********* Microwave oven, Model*********** from the Appliance Direct Store in Winter Garden Florida for $248.88. The store has since moved to Clermont, FL. I also spent $99 for an extended 4 year warranty on the microwave. Total for the Microwave Oven, extended warranty and tax was $371.55. Appliance Direct subcontracted the extended portion of warranty to ******************************** Since I purchased the warranty from Appliance Direct, I hold them directly responsible for seeing that ******** honor the extended warranty. The light and the turntable in the Microwave quit working in November 2015. ******** sent a repair person to fix the microwave in December of 2015. The repairperson failed to fix the microwave. He said it needed a part that he did not have on his truck and he would be back in a week to make the repair after the part came in. The repair service provider did not call me for another repair appointment as the repairperson said they would. I called the repair service provider and they stated that the repair authorization was closed. The extended service contract states that "If your covered product cannot be fixed, we'll replace it." I called ******** several times about the repair and they kept saying they were working on a solution. After at least four calls, they said they were waiting on the price for a replacement Microwave from Appliance Direct. While all this was going on, I visited the Clermont, FL store on several occasions in Dec 2015 and Jan 2016 talking to two store managers, both named Luis, trying to resolve issue. All this time, over two months, I was without a working Microwave oven. Finally, I got a call from ******** saying they would send me $96 to replace my microwave because they already spent over $150 in their attempt to repair it. I do not see that the money they said they spent for their failed attempt at the repair is my problem as I got nothing for it. I refused their offer because the flyer for the extended warranty, sold by Appliance Direct and subcontracted by them to ********, clearly states "If your covered product cannot be fixed, we'll replace it," with no asterisk about any extenuating circumstances. Out of frustration of being without a Microwave Oven for nearly 3 months, I purchased a replacement microwave (on sale for $190.51, tax included) from the Appliance Direct Clermont, FL store on Jan 25, 2016. Luis P*****, the Direct Appliance Store Manager said, "this is the way it works, you pay for the new Microwave now, and ******** will send you a check. " Here we are in late Feb, 2016, and I have yet to hear a word from either Appliance Direct nor ***************************

Since I purchased the extended warranty contract from Appliance Direct, I expect for them to see that I get reimbursed $190.51 for the replacement********** Microwave Oven I purchased on my Chase Credit Card on Jan 25, 2016.

The customer has been taken care of.
******** settled and gave him his entire amount of $190.51.
The customer has been contacted.

This issue was in progress when this BBB came in.
******** just need 72 more hour to clear the paperwork.
Appliance Direct had already set the path toward the customer getting his $190.51.

Appliance Direct

Consumer called stating he has not received the promised check and it has been over 3 weeks.

Called ********. they sent out check. Customer should have by now.

03/22/2016Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

I was told I was getting a $107 refund on Jan 15th, 2016. It is March 2nd, 2016 and no refund and no one can help me.
Bought microwave Dec 28th. I chased them down and raised a fit until I FINALLY got it installed Jan 18th. I was told Jan 15th that just to start with my headache the $107 delivery fee would be removed. I have gone back and forth and back and forth and here we are March 2nd and STILL no one can get me an answer.

I have been in direct contact with someone through their facebook page. There has never been any follow up from them. They always say they are looking into it, and I don't hear back until I reach out again.

At this point I feel like I should have more than the $107 delivery fee refunded. I have wasted an incredible amount of time and energy on this all while being blasted with Appliance Direct commercials everywhere I turn my head.

Ms ****** had contacted our customer service, and was offered a refund for installation for the wait. Ms ****** was given a refund as requested on March 2nd and was refunded on March 2nd. We received this BBB complaint on March 8th... it is already resolved.

Appliance Direct

They refunded the money the day after I placed the BBB complaint. Had I not told them I had placed the complaint I feel like I'd still be hunting down my refund. The refund was supposed to have been given Feb 5th. I don't think giving Appliance Direct credit for doing the right thing is fair. They are more interested in protecting their BBB rating not actually taking care of people.

Appliances - Major - Dealers, Air Conditioning Equipment - Room Units, Appliances - Small - Dealers, Dishwashing Machines - Dealers, Microwave Ovens - Dealers, Ranges & Ovens - Dealers, Refrigerators & Freezers - Dealers, Washing Machines & Dryers - Dealers, Electric Scooters, Ice Making Equipment & Machines