BBB Accredited Business since 10/26/2015

One Hour Air Conditioning and Heating

18 complaints closed with BBB in last 3 years | 8 closed in last 12 months

03/17/2016Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

*************************************** Bradenton, FL 34208, failed to refund our service fee after we canceled our contract in August 2015.
We canceled our service contract with **************** in Bradenton by phone on August 2015. For the following four months they continued to charge our American Express credit card the monthly contract fee. In total I contacted them four times to get the fees returned. Each time they looked up our account and agreed that we canceled in August 2015 and that they would return our payments, but the second time we contact them they had lost any record of the previous call. The third time they had a note of the previous call but it had not been sent to the business office. The last time I called the business office in Bradenton they apologized and said it would be sent within a couple days. We initiated our calls in December 2015 and our last call was the third week of February 2016, but still no check from **************** for the $16.66/ month for the months of September, October, November, and December. These were charged to our American Express Account.

We want a refund of $66.64 for the four months they charged us after we closed our account

This has been resolved with the customer. We credited his credit card for $99.96 on February 22, 2016 and the customer had not yet seen it on his statement when he filed this complaint.

I called the credit card to see if the credit will appear on my next statement and was assured that, in fact, a credit had been made by the company. The company's response is acceptable.

03/10/2016Advertising / Sales Issues | Read Complaint Details

My complaint against One Hour Heating & Air Conditioning involves potential misrepresentation of services, products sold, and breach of contract.I was sold a Basic Comfort System package from One Hour Heating & Air Conditioning on 1-11-14 for a newly installed system with specific guarantees from the company. The cost was high ($6500.00), but I was willing to pay to receive the guarantees listed in the contract.I now believe the installation was a botched job from day one. Over the course of 18 months I had to continuously call it to the techs attention that the dampeners they installed in the garage area were not working correctly. Over the course of time my electric bill did not improve and several defective items have been discovered with the installation and product. Additionally, I discovered that the house temperature will raise 4 degrees or more than what the unit can maintain during summer months.I paid for several Guarantees that I now believe have been misrepresented to me. My current findings are listed below from the tech visits to the house.1. Installed garage dampers never worked correctly.2. Installed thermostat found to be defective.3. Blower Motor installation not setup correctly.4. A/C Coil found to be defective.5. Installed Garage return vent was a bad design setup.6. Vent boot found to not be properly sealed.7. Existing duct work and plenum box was not taken into consideration for new A/C installation.8. Existing insulation or lack of was not taken into consideration for new A/C installation.Per my signed contract the following was to be Guaranteed:1. "Desired temperature selection" which cannot be achieved.2. "House temperature variance" that cannot be maintained.3. "Total comfort" that cannot be guaranteed.4. "Exclusive two-year satisfaction" for which I am dissatisfied with craftsmanship and materials installed.5. "Properly trained technicians and sales people" at the time of installation for which I now perceive as being improperly trained based on the above findings.In summary this appears to be a misrepresentation of services, products sold, and breach of contract.Their salesman sold me on these guarantee's in my contract. From seeing the issues that have surfaced and talking to the tech's I don't believe One Hour Air is capable of delivering a temperature guarantee when it has been stated that I should not expect it to cool and maintain the house temperature at 70 degrees which is my comfort level. This is a clear indication to me that One Hour Air cannot guarantee the temperature or comfort level. I think they are selling something that they really should not be selling or they need to change "how" they are selling it.
Product_Or_Service: New A/C Heat Installallation
Order_Number:*****
Account_Number:*****

I am currently requesting a refund of $3000.00 so that I can obtain a 3rd party inspection and determine how to resolve the rising temperature issue and garage issue with the current system.If I have to take this matter to court then I will be seeking judgement for the entire refund amount, court costs, etc...

We are resolving the issue with the customer.

One Hour Air is working to resolve the issues.

01/05/2016Advertising / Sales Issues | Read Complaint Details

I was overcharged for my AC unit.
When I need a new car I have time to research and shop for the right car. I have time to test drive and check the prices at different dealers
I did not have the time or luxury of doing this prep work prior to purchasing my new AC. My husband underwent radiation and chemotherapy last year. As the cancer was in his sinuses, the treatments damaged several glands in his neck. He can no longer regulate his own body temperature; he cannot adjust to cold or heat. The AC stopped working early morning on Friday Oct 9, 2015. However, my husband did not notice as he cannot sweat. The only indication he had was a feeling of being overly tired, which in itself is not unusual. When I got home from work at 5:30pm the house was at 90 degrees. I called One Hour AC, as I have a maintenance plan with them. They were just out in the spring and had just called me that week to see about scheduling the fall visit. I was told that it could not be fixed and must be replaced, with an estimated cost of 10k, I was in a no win situation. I could not leave my husband in that heat. To get additional companies to come out over the weekend to give me a quote was on average $200 a company; this would cut into my available money for an AC. Waiting for Monday to get the additional quotes would add several days or more to the time without AC in the house. We were already needing to use cold packs to help my husband and having to be gone from the house through the hot part of the day. Additional time was not really an option. One Hour AC's salesman was aware of my husband's health issues and our urgency. I wanted to go with the lower costing and smallest unit for the size of my home; however, the salesman assured me that it would wear out quickly and would not cool the house properly in the meantime. I was in a no win situation. Now I feel like I have been ripped off on the cost of the install at over $11k. One Hour AC cannot give me a breakdown on the cost of the unit vs. the labor for install.
There were many issues with the install of the Unit. One Hour AC had to return to the house several times prior to the final inspection. There was issues with the legal paperwork for the Notice of Commencement and delays in filing said paperwork. The install was done on Oct 12th, and the Notice of Commencement was not filed with the Clerk until Nov 13th.
I have been in contact with the president of One Hour A/C, David Cox, many times. I will acknowledge that he had his people fix the install issues and with much harassment on my part got the NOC filed. I scheduled the final inspection and that part it taken care of.
I have requested that Mr. Cox refund the labor and install portion of the invoice. Due to the fact that I believe his staff took advantage of our situation and insisted that a more expensive unit was the only option; due to the inconvenience of three separate days for the install to be completed and another 30 days before the legal paperwork was complete; and due to the overall unprofessional handling of legal documents.
I paid $11,400 for the unit; I am requesting a refund of $5,000.00.

I paid $11,400 for the unit; I am requesting a refund of $5,000.00.

This complaint has been resolved

09/23/2015Billing / Collection Issues | Read Complaint Details

On July 15th 2015 my AC unite failed in my mobile home. It was in the 90's at this time inside and I called several Company's to come out to check my unite out to see if it could be repaired. I was so just recently out of the hospital ( ruptured appendix ) The first two places I called could not come out right away so the third was One Hour and they said they could come out the next day. Michael was a young man that came and checked out the unite. He told me it would be around $2000. for a new compressor as mind was shot. and that they could not guarantee that the unite would not fail again. I asked about my options on a new unite for my size home (it is a single wide ) I quote I was given was $10,087 for a new unite including installation. I had a coupon that was a mailer for 1606.00 that made my sub-total $7256. I was shocked at the final figure and commented to him through my tears that I did not believe it would be so much. I had just moved back to Florida in July of 2014 so did not have anyone to contact to get advise on if this was the way I should go. My children do live here but were out of the country at the time. I had to finance this and put some on two other credit cards. I feel I was charged way too much for the product. Everyone that lives in my park that has a larger home and replaced their AC paid between $3800. and $4500. I feel I was taken advantage of due to my age and the urgent need to replace right away. I have not spoken to one person that said this was a fair price. I feel I was sold a larger unit for the price that was not necessary, any help you can give me would be appreciated. $4500.
Product_Or_Service: Single-Package Air-Conditioner, Air Cooled
Order_Number: ****
Account_Number:********************

I feel they need to adjust the cost for this unit.

This case has been resolved with the homeowner, and the homeowner should be removing the complaint.

after many calls I finally heard from the Co. They
offered me a small check to pay for a maintenance package for one year to come out and check my AC unite.then I would continue to be billed automatically unless I called to cancel. I did not feel this was something I needed as a new unit that cost this much had a warranty already in place. They were more interested that I remove the BBB letter first then they would send me their check. I got one statement on billing that was a total price, nothing was itemized out to show what the cost was for each thing.Their explanation was that I had charges for different things that needed to be changed for the type of unit such as duck work was too small and needed to be replaced. electrical work, and going under the mobile home. I was told I purchased a premium package but later that everything else was charged separate. When I did speak with the Co. the person was rude and was more interested in talking about other Co's and what they are doing wrong. I am still very unsatisfied.

From: ************ (mailto:**************@yahoo.com)
Sent: Tuesday, September 22, 2015 4:43 PM
To: ***********@centralflorida.BBB.org
Subject: case # ********

I spoke with you this morning and wanted to let you know One Hour AC did agree to give me a check to
resolve my complaint with their Company. This can be marked as resolved and thank you for your help.

Ms. ************

09/01/2015Advertising / Sales Issues | Read Complaint Details

On July 27 2015, we had a new Air condition Unit put in our Home by One Hour Air. For the Total Price of$ 10,441.00, witch was put on a ********* Bank Credit Card through their Company. After supposed FPL Credit of $128.00 and a Senior Discount of $480.00, it brought the Price down to $9,833.00.We are Seniors, my Husband has a heart Condition and is disabled. I feel like we have been ripped of by a unscrupulous Merchant.I have checked around other Company's and the most expensive Unit with a Lifetime Warranty was $4300.00 Installed with everything that I have.It is sad that People like this exist.I need your HELP.! How can I retrieve some of the Money?????Your Help would be greatly Appreciated.
Product_Or_Service: 1 Ton /Unit----15 SEER
Order_Number: #****

We would be grateful, to get some of the Money refunded.We are on a fixed Income and it is a Hardship, to be obligated to pay this amount of Money. Thank you in Advance and hoping for a fast Resolution.Sincerely *************

We have been in contact with the customer and are awaiting documents the customer is sending to us. We can do nothing further until we receive the requested information from the customer.

I got a Phone call from Ryan C** asking for a Estimate from a different Company.
I mailed the Information in a Certified Letter, but the Letter only got to point "out for Delivery". I contacted the USPS by E-mail asking to where the is????
I will fax a Copy of the Letter, directly to Ryan C**.

We received the requested information from the customer. Ryan met with the customer today and resolved this complaint to the customers satisfaction.

I *************, want to inform you, that the Owner of ONE HOUR AIR & HEATING, Ryan C** and I have come to an mutual Agreement.
I herby retract my Complain. Case #******** and close the Case.
I thank you for your Help.

*************

03/21/2016Advertising / Sales Issues | Read Complaint Details

In November 2014 I was testing the heating function on my HVAC system and the compressor did not start. I got to an on line to a site that finds a contractor One Hour called, a technician arrived and verified the compressor would not start, explained to him that all I wanted was to get this unit up because I was getting the property ready to sell, he said he would report his findings and I would be contacted. On 11/17/2014 salesman John R. (Rob) S****** the sales representative for One Hour came to my house, I told him all I wanted to do was get my TRANE unit up and running because I was getting the house ready to sell and had no money to buy a new unit. He told me that the Freon was changing again JAN 2015 and by the time he found a compressor and installation would be the price of a new unit (not true) and because of the refrigerant change an updated new model would help in the sale. So we started looking at the units they sell, he showed me an Amana Elite model for $4000.00 I told him I could not make payments he told me it was problem he had a 12 month NO PAYMENT NO INTEREST plan and to just be sure I get the house sold in the next year. I asked him if they sold a cheaper unit and he showed me a GOODMAN unit he told me not to buy it because it was junk. So I agreed to this Amana Elite for $4000.00 One Year NO PAYMENT NO INTEREST plan the RESCISSION CHARGE SLIP/INVOICE I signed no payment terms were selected because he knew I could not make payments I did not have a job and my entire retirement was going to bills I have no savings because I spent it all on property in Missouri where I have since moved. Again he assured me it was no problem I had one year to pay additionally he lead me to believe he was the owner of the company, so I believed the man. On installation day 11/18/14 I go out to check on the technicians and find they are installing a GOODMAN unit I told them to get that "JUNK" off my property (salesman John R. (Rob) S****** exact words) I bought an AMANDA ELITE I told them to stop work until I could reach salesman John R. (Rob) S****** I told him the installers were installing a GOODMAN not what we agreed on. I spoke to him on the phone and in my home he told me that all the units were the same they just change the name plate based on what the customer buys, I said WHAT??? He said it was just like CHEVY AND GMC they are the exact same truck but the GMC costs more. I said Bull####, I asked the installers if this was what they do and they both independently said NO. then he told me that all air handlers were the same (the new one was already installed) I asked the tec's if that were true they said NO, In my home he complained that it would cost him $500.00 to put the Amana in I told him to GET OUT OF MY HOME I DO NOT WANT TO DO BUSINESS WITH YOU then he says he has the owner is on the phone and I needed to talk to them, I said I thought you were the owner and that I would not talk on the phone with anyone, if this person is real have them stop by, (no owner came from One Air) I told him again to get his gear and GET OUT I AM DONE WITH YOU!!! I have the right per the One Hour contract to cancel the transaction any time prior to midnight of the third business day after the date of the transaction, I tried many times to kill this deal!! They installed the Amana Elite. In March 2015 I started receiving a bill from **************************************************, I called them and told them I DID NOT apply for this and would not be making any payments to them, but One Air did apply for this credit for me, I told them that was not the agreement that the agreement I made with salesman John R. (Rob) S****** was 12 month NO PAYMENT NO INTEREST and had NO MONEY to make payments I would make NO payment to them. Additionally I sent them a dispute on 09 March 2015 with a copy of the contract that proved I was not required to make payments, I received a letter from them on 10 March 2015 reporting that they received my complaint and would work diligently to try and resolve the issue. To date I have not received a resolution but keep getting bills and to date an additional $200.17 has been added to the $4000.00 line of credit One Air applied for behind my back. I started calling salesman John R. (Rob) S****** he would not answer. I had no idea what to do, when I called the phone number and tell them you want to DEE or EDDY the owners they won?t let you talk to them. So on 10 September 2015 I called and insisted to speak with DEE or EDDY they told me they don?t own the company anymore (just my luck) but I could talk to their dispatcher named Ashley, I explained all the above to her and we went over the One Air RESCISSION CHARGE SLIP/INVOICE box by box and she told me PAYMENT TERMS: (Select One) box was checked REGULAR PAYMENT I told her my was left blank because that was the agreement 12 month NO PAYMENT NO INTEREST Someone changed the terms of this agreement after I signed it THAT IS ILLEGAL!!!! Ashley told me that operations manager Elaine would be contacting me I called Ashley again today 14 September 2015 she gave me Elaine?s phone number it went to voice mail I left her a message and my phone number, she has not contacted me.I read this on line about Dee and Eddy, the people who did this to meCOMPANY INFOOne Hour Heating & Air Conditioning®, #167, is family-owned and operated. We are members of the Better Business Bureau and Chamber of Commerce. We support the community through School Sponsorships. We have donated time & recources to the Habitat for Humanity and we serve the Salvation Army as Bell Ringers during the holiday season. As a member of the Rotary, we strive to live by the Rotarian Motto: "Service Above Self". We are proud of our Code of Ethics and want to be the BEST air conditioning company in the Jacksonville area."Integrity Makes the Difference!"Words to live by"They changed the unit I bought and they changed the contract after I signed it. No wonder they sold the shop!!This agreement they illegally forced on me will default on 17 November 2015 and I am not going to be held accountable for this deception!!
Product_Or_Service: HVAC
Order_Number: ****
Account_Number:*******

Because they changed the unit I bought would not let me cancel this mess and they illegally changed the contract after I signed it. I want the account paid by the person who changed the contract and I want a letter from *************************************************** explaining to me that the account is paid and closed and a copy of my credit report that no negative information was provided to them by ***********.

We are working with the customer and the company she financed with to resolve this issue.

02/22/2016Advertising / Sales Issues | Read Complaint Details

I question one hour air conditioning and heating sales practice
My A/C was not functioning and I had One Hour A/C come in to repair it. The tech replaced a capacitor and a dryer for a charge of $1030. The unit was repaired and is working now.
I then received a call from their salesman that they had special offers on new A/C and then he came and looked at the A/C and said it was rusted out and needed to be replaced. So my complaint is that since the company thought my unit needed to be replaced, shouldn't the repair person have indicated that as an option to spending $1000 on repairs? The salesman offered to return the full cost of the repairs in the purchase of a new unit and gave me a price of about 8500 installed. As I indicated I was unhappy with their sales approach, I was visited by a Vice President. When asked about whether the tech should have said something, he said that the tech was responsible for getting the unit running (which he did) and didn't get into discussing the condition of the unit. I guess he did tell the salesman about the condition of the unit as I got a call the next day about a new unit. The Vice President then worked up a new quote and it was $1000 less than the previous quote. I decided not to buy a unit from them as I didn't like the way they used the unnecessary expenditure of $1030 for my unit when they were saying that repair was not my best course. I trusted One hour Air to do what was best for me as I was a customer of theirs for several years.

Although the repair was done and I was satisfied with the work, I didn't know until the visits by the sales manager and corporate vice president that the unit should be replaced. The appropriate fee should have been the diagnostic fee and he shouldn't have done the repair. The refund should be about $950

This customer is happy with repair we made to the unit as he stated. We have offered to credit the cost of the repair toward a new system. We have charged for the repair that was made and should he choose to replace his system with us, we will credit the repair cost against the new system.

My complaint against the company is that they should not have made the repair as they said the unit was rusted and should be replaced. When I spoke recently to the vice president, he said he would give me a better price. I told him that I already contracted with another company to install an A/c. He said I could cancel that contract according to Florida law. As I didn't want to renege on a contract (even though the company made me an excellent offer if I buy the unit from them) I again request return of the portion of the charge for work that should not have been done, I believe I should only be charged for the diagnostic visit charge.

Mr. ********* has stated again the repair work was completed and he was satisfied with the work that was performed and his unit was operating after we completed the repair he requested. Unfortunately, he chose to have a new unit installed by another company and we were not able to give him credit for the repair that was completed previously.

The company has not operated in good faith. They made a repair that was unnecessary as the unit was rusted and according to One hour Air needed to be replaced. They were willing to give me a credit only if I purchased an Amana A/C from them. I didn't want Amana and went to another company to purchase machine. The important point is that the company repaired the unit for a lot of money when it shouldn't have been repaired. Immediately after the repair, the company technician contacted their office to indicate that my unit was rusted. The Technician should have told me that the unit had long-term problems and given me the option to repair. If I knew that the unit was rusted I wouldn't have had the unit repaired. I request refund of the fee paid in excess of the diagnostic fee be refunderd.

01/23/2015Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

******* from One Hour came out because our heat was not working. He tried to sell new unit we wanted repair ed.
Charged 99 dollars it took 10 days for tech to get back to us.He would not guarantee his work and wanted to charge us $900 . ALL THEY WANT IS TO SELL a new unit.

At least give us $99 back for lack of customer service.

We have refunded the customer $99 per his request. Customer did not want to discuss this matter so we were unable to advise him of our warranty process which is not as stated.

12/23/2013Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

My name is **** ******* i have lung cancer and i needed a new air conditioning unit inside and outside my home.My daughter called One Hour Heating and Air an the price was to high and she told the gentleman that if they could go down on the price we would consider getting their units.My daughter called the BBB an they had an A rating so we went with them with the price of 5,484.00 which price was competitive with others,And come to find out price was not.With interest it comes out to be 9,784.32 at payoff.In the year 2017 it will be paid off.I am on a fixed income due to my lung an back cancer.My Daughter an i have had to make several calls for a tech to come out because the unit in the back had to be replaced after 2 weeks because the AC ran all the time and would not shut off at 80 degrees.After they replaced the unit it still has to be kept at 81 so it would not run all day.One Hour Heating an Air did not pass the city inspection 2 times it failed inspection.If we would have know all of this we would have never installed with One Hour Heating an Air.We have had 8 techs out in less than 1 year. I should have kept my old unit which cooled fine but was not efficient,So that why we went with a new unit.I have all service papers when techs have came out for the same problem,Which i sit her with a high electric bill if i wanna use my unit and a bill every month i pay for this unit. Its sad you are told they back up their units but wont find out why my unit just runs and runs and does not cool down this house you have to babysit the unit so it shuts off.We checked around with a lot of AC companies and they said with a new inside and outside unit the attic insulation spray is in the price of the unit.We made sure before we went with One Hour Heating and Air we checked with the BBB.Please help me get to the bottom of this i feel im in a no win situation.Thank You **** *******.
Product_Or_Service: A/C Unit for a home
Order_Number: XXXXXX
Account_Number: Lease Number XXXXX X

One Hour Heating An Air is stating we need to have our attic sprayed with insulation that is why the unit just runs an runs and will not shut off until you put it on 81 degrees.All AC companies we have called said its included when you purchase a new unit they spray the attic with insulation.The spray the insulation in attic to meet an R30 For Florida requirements.Every tech that comes out is always clueless on why the unit will not shut off.They were suppose to send someone from the factory.

****** from the company called and is sending out a technician this coming Monday. They have not been over there for a year so they need to see what the problem is.

One Hour Heating and Air contacted me on Wed the the 30th.We told ****** the last time we spoke to them they were suppose to send out the a tech that the unit was made from,We sat here and never heard a word back from One Hour Heating and Air.We have been threw almost every tech they have and all paperwork from every tech that has came out for the same problem and each one of them are just clueless what is causing the unit to not shut off unless you put it on 81 to 82 degrees.No that we have contacted you they are wanting to do all they can to resolve this matter.All i ask is for my unit to work properly and not have to deal with all the problems we have had.It was pointless to call them over and over again an my unit still runs the same it does when it was installed.We just want our unit to run the proper way all this has cost me is high electric bills and Paying my monthly bill of 116.48 on my AC unit.We will see if they are able to fix my unit and have it run the way it should.My old unit ran better than this new unit all i want is One Hour Heating and Air to fix my unit and have it run properly.

10/26/2015Advertising / Sales Issues

Air Conditioning Contractors & Systems, Air Conditioning Systems - Cleaning, Air Conditioning Repair, Heating & Air Conditioning - Filters, Air Conditioning & Heating Contractors - Commercial, Air Conditioning & Heating Contractors - Residential, Heating & Air Conditioning, Plumbing - Contractor, Plumbers, Heating Contractors