In Central Florida

BBB Accredited Business since 06/30/2012

O'Brien Heating and Air Conditioning, Inc.

08/27/2012Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Complaint Category: Failure to honor promised refunds, exchanges, or credit

Complaint: The owner admitted to making an error in diagnosing my AC problem. He agreed to refund the $75 fee but still has not honored the refund.
The owner ****** ******* incorrectly diagnosed my AC problem as a compressor lock up on 7/3/12. He charged me $75 and quoted me on a compressor replacement and a new whole system installation in the range of thousands of dollars. The invoice no. is 6647. When I got a second opinion from a different contractor, the problem was actually the hard start which was a much cheaper repair. I had the other contractor repair my AC unit on 7/5/12 and contacted Mr. ******* for an explanation. He stated it was his mistake and that he would refund my service fee of $75. I called Mr. ******* again after waiting a week and I was given a promise that I should receive the check soon. To this day I still have not received the refund.

I agree that this is true and a check was mailed to this person about a week after he called me and i'm very sorry that this happened and will do my best to make sure that something like this dose not happen any more.

Thanks ****** *******

Refund check received. Awaiting funds to clear before closing this complaint.

Air Conditioning Contractors & Systems, Ventilating Equipment, Air Purifying & Cleaning Systems & Equipment, Ventilating Systems - Cleaning, Air Conditioning Systems - Cleaning, Air Conditioning Repair, Duct & Duct Fittings, Air conditioning & Heating Contractors - Commercial, Air conditioning & Heating Contractors - Residential, Heating & Air Conditioning, Ventilating Contractors, Heating Contractors, Heat Pumps