BBB Accredited Business since 04/11/2003

Air Tech of Central Florida Inc.

02/03/2014Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

The water heater was replaced and the wrong water heater was used and because of the shorter tank the plumer did not do the plumbing according to code
The CPUC was glued to copper. CPU was glued or pressed onto poly butylene. T and P Line trapped. The work was not done according to code for Seminole County. I also think that this tank was not the source of the leaking problem as the leak was in the slab and another plumber had to come out and fix the slab leak and fix the sloppy work done by this plumber. I believe this company is not ethical as well. The plumber asked me if I expected him to know all the codes.

I would like a refund of about $250 because I had to pay the other plumber to fix the pluming issues with the tank when he fixed the slab leak

We installed a replacement water heater for this customer on behalf of Choice Home Warranty on 1-8-14. The water heater was indeed leaking, evidenced by the water that had leaked out of the bottom of the tank in our truck after it was removed. A new replacement 50 gallon tank was used in the space. The tank held the same volume as the previous tank, however, the tank dimensions were different due to size constraints of the space. The identical water heater was not available. The water heater was properly installed and working when we left. On X-XX-XX the customer called back to state the water heater was leaking. My plumber went out to find that the source of this leak was not the water heater, but a leak under the slab. Our company does not perform slab leak detection so we let her know we would contact the warranty company and have them get a slab leak company out to address the issue. It was unrelated to the water heater. We contacted the warranty company who indicated they would get back with the customer to determine her coverage for slab leaks. I have since found out that her policy does not cover slab leaks. They indicated to me that the customer would have hired her own company.

The customer contacted my office after her slab leak company came out and apparently told her the water heater was an apartment style heater and installed with improper fittings. They apparently had to remove the water heater to make the repairs to the piping that ran under the slab (an unrelated issue to the water heater) and at that point told her it was installed incorrectly. We disagree with this and know nothing of the company that came out after us. I don't know their qualifications or motives. I explained to the customer that if she gave our supervisor the option to look the work first we could have verified that the install was to code and if there were issues, we would have corrected them and she would not have been charged. We cannot take another company's word for what they did and subsequently charged her for. She was unable to even tell me who the company was that came out.

In summary, my plumber performed a proper diagnosis and install of the water heater. I understand the customer was told something else by another company, however, it is unreasonable to ask us to pay for another company's repairs unless authorized by us in advance. There was never a problem with the functioning of the new water heater. This was brought up by another company that we do not know the reputation or qualifications of. We stand behind our work 100% and perform quality repairs and replacements.

There will be no resolution here. The plumber did a sloppy job and did not ues good judgement. Another plumber has to fix his sloppy work.

I take exception with everything said in this reply. Firstly, my plumber did come back out when the customer called to complain the tank was leaking. The call was done on X-XX-XX between the hours of 7:56 am and 8:58 am. I have the GPS records to back this up. In addition, I did ask who did the work for her and she did not reply. I would like to see the invoice along with any pictures of the so-called, "sloppy work". The water heater was replaced under the guidelines of Choice Home Warranty Company. Because the customer has an insurance policy with this company the call and subsequent work was done based on the coverages and policy she had with them. This was all explained well in advance and all work was done properly. I have pictures of the original water heater which I can submit as proof that the original water heater was of a similar size to the new one. Please let me know the best way to submit these pictures and if you would like a copy of the GPS records indicating the return trip we made. Upon the return trip was when we found that she also had the unrelated slab leak.

Air Conditioning Contractors & Systems, Heating Equipment & Systems Cleaning & Repair, Air Conditioning Systems - Cleaning, Air Conditioning Repair, Refrigerators & Freezers - Service & Repair, Plumbing Fixtures, Parts, Supplies - Retail, Handyman Services, Air Conditioning & Heating Contractors - Commercial, Air Conditioning & Heating Contractors - Residential, Heating & Air Conditioning, Plumbing Drains & Sewer Cleaning, Plumbing - Renovation & Repair, Plumbing - Contractor, Plumbing Plan Services, Plumbers, Heating Contractors