BBB Business ReviewWhat is a BBB Business Review?
BBB Accredited Business since 10/06/1998
Southern California Moving and Storage
Phone: (951) 695-1040
BBB Business Reviews may not be reproduced for sales or promotional purposes.
Customer Complaints Summary
|Complaint Type||Total Closed Complaints|
|Problems with Product / Service||1|
|Advertising / Sales Issues||0|
|Billing / Collection Issues||0|
|Guarantee / Warranty Issues||0|
|Total Closed Complaints||2|
Complaint Breakdown by Resolution
|12/06/2013||Delivery Issues | Read Complaint Details|
Complaint Category: None of the Above - Delivery Complaint Issue
Complaint: I hired this company to pick-up and deliver my belongings from Bullhead City, AZ to Itasca, IL. I paid for everything to be delivered in-side on the second floor of my new home. The agreement was 7-14 days for delivery. They picked everything up on June 27th, but did not deliver it until July 19th. In addition, the delivery date changed three times. So I had to keep rescheduling things to be home for their arrival. Plus, they did not unload anything let alone bring it inside to my home. The driver showed up alone. In addition, he was physically disabled. He stated that the company could not find anyone to unload my belongings and that everyone was too busy. So, my daughter had to leave work and unload the semi (not only of my belongings, but of others' as well to get to my stuff which was in the back of the truck) and then had to carry everything up to the second floor. I paid this company for inside delivery because I am unable to do it myself. In addition, it takes more than one person to carry bed sets and dressers upstairs. So, I also had to pay my neighbors to help my daughter carry these heavy items. Then, my daughter was told she had to re-load the semi as well with other people's items because, again, the driver was disabled. My daughter had to leave work, lose six hours of pay from work, and do all of this heavy lifting too. If she was going to do this, she could have flown out to AZ, rented a truck, and did it herself for over $1000 less than what I paid this company to do. I am extremely upset about this whole situation. It was one problem after another and my poor daughter hurt her back as well.
Initial Business Response
Complaint Resolution: Company addressed the complaint issues. The consumer failed to acknowledge acceptance to BBB.
|08/29/2013||Problems with Product / Service|
Moving & Storage Company, Movers
Industry Comparison ChartX
The information in the table below represents an industry comparison of businesses which are of the same relative size. This is based on BBB's database of businesses located in Central California. Businesses may engage in more than one type of business. The percent of time the business engages in a type of business is not accounted for. There is no known industry standard for the number of complaints a business can expect. The volume of business and number of transactions may have a bearing on the number of complaints received by BBB.
*Southern California Moving and Storage is in this range.
Types of Complaints Handled by BBB
BBB handles the following types of complaints between businesses and their customers so long as they are not, or have not been, litigated:
- Advertising or Sales
- Billing or Collection
- Problems with Products or Services
- Guarantee or Warranty
We do not handle workplace disputes, discrimination claims or claims about the quality of health or legal services.
Additional Phone Numbers
- (800) 796-6838
- Complaint resolved with BBB assistance
- BBB records show the issues raised in the complaint have been resolved. Either customer confirmed the complaint has been resolved, or business confirmed the complaint has been resolved and customer did not respond to BBB correspondence informing customer that complaint will be considered resolved unless BBB hears otherwise from customer.
- BBB found business made good faith effort to resolve complaint but customer not satisfied with business response
- BBB found that business adequately addressed the disputed issues and made a good faith effort to resolve them; however, customer has informed BBB that he/she is not satisfied with the outcome. In some cases, business may have agreed to mediate or arbitrate the complaint but customer declined to participate in mediation/arbitration.
- Customer not satisfied with business response; BBB did not find business made good faith effort to resolve complaint
- BBB did not find that business adequately addressed the disputed issues and made a good faith effort to resolve them, and customer has informed BBB that he/she is not satisfied with the outcome. In some cases, customer may have agreed to mediate or arbitrate the complaint but business declined to participate in mediation/arbitration.
- BBB did not receive a response from business
- BBB did not receive a response from business after two attempts to contact business, and BBB communications with customer do not show that business contacted customer to resolve the complaint.
- BBB cannot process complaint
- This includes situations where BBB cannot locate business, business is no longer in business, or business is in bankruptcy and complaints must be submitted through bankruptcy trustee.
BBB Complaint Process
Your complaint will be forwarded to the company within two business days. The company will be asked to respond within 14 days, and if a response is not received, a second request will be made. You will be notified of the company's response when we receive it (or notified that we received no response). Complaints are usually closed within 30 business days.
Industry Tips for Moving & Storage CompanyPlanning a Cost-Effective Move
Relocating Across State Lines? Know Your Rights and Responsibilities
Spotting Rogue Movers Before They Have Your Goods
Tips on Renting a Self-Storage Unit
What is BBB Advertising Review?
BBB promotes truth in advertising by contacting advertisers whose claims conflict with the BBB Code of Advertising. These claims come to our attention from our internal review of advertising, consumer complaints and competitor challenges. BBB asks advertisers to prove their claims, change ads to make offers more clear to consumers, and remove misleading or deceptive statements.
What government actions does BBB report on?
BBB reports on known significant government actions involving business' marketplace conduct.
About BBB Business Review Content and Services
Some Better Business Bureaus offer additional content and services in BBB Business Reviews. The additional content and services are typically regional in nature or, in some cases, a new product or service that is being tested prior to a more general release. Not all enhanced content and services are available at all Better Business Bureaus.