William L Mitchell Landscaping

09/08/2015Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Failure to provide a new level lawn.
On 12/17/14 I contracted with William L. Mitchell Landscaping to have landscaping services done. This service included removing existing lawn, leveling the yard and putting in drought resistant hybrid Bermuda grass, and replacing several plants. I gave a ***** deposit at that time. It was emphasized repeatedly that having a level yard was important because we have children and grandchildren that often play on the yard. On 1/16/15, I was told the work was completed. Between 12/17/14 and 1/16/15, I gave Mr. ******** payments totaling ****** I told Mr. ******** that the yard was very uneven and was told by Mr. ******** that they would level it. After several attempts to level the yard with a hand roller, no improvement was noted. On 4/3/15 I talked to Mr. ******** about the problem. He told me that the roller was not solving the problem and that in May, he would contact me and set an appointment to attempt to level the yard by filling in the low spots with sand and or dirt. To date (7/21/15), I have never been contacted by Mr. ********. The yard remains very uneven. This is a hazard because the yard presents a possibility of a sprained ankle or worse to anyone playing on it. We have refused to let my wife's mother walk on the yard because we are afraid of her getting injured. I am very disappointed with service provided by William L. Mitchell Landscaping.

Leveling the yard is no longer an option because, due to the drought situation, we are planning on removing the yard. I would like a refund due to unsatisfactory services provided by Mitchell Landscaping.

Landscape Contractors, Landscape Maintenance