BBB Accredited Business since 03/29/2012

Soto Fence Co

05/19/2014Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

I have a complaint about **** ******* and the crew that put up my fence.
I have a complaint about **** ******* and the crew that put up my fence. I called about the fence not being complete, they left off a board on the top cap. I called ***** 3 weeks ago, several times since to come out to fix, but as of today he still has not shown up. Also the crew had to avoid only three sprinklers, but covered two up with dirt backfill. Now my grass is dead. I will be calling the better business bureau about shoddy workmanship and not following up with completing my fence. I will definitely NOT recommend Sotop Fence Co. to anybody who needs a fence.

To come out immediately to make repairs

Mr. **** did call and report there was a small board missing from this fence, we tried our best to get someone out to place the small board were is was missing. but was unable to in a timely manner, we did express our concern with getting this resolved, but not soon enough for this customer. As of 5/13/2014 the issue has been fixed and a 1x4 inch board has been installed. As to the sprinkler issue, this is the first it was brought to our attention. We do apologize for any dirt that may have been placed over the sprinkler's but after the amount of time it took to be reported, how can we be sure were it came from. I am not sure how to fix this issue, so I suppose Mr. **** can come up with a solution on a resolve for this issue. We will do our best to work with him or figure out something else. Also we as a company would like to resolve this issue, and sincerely apologize to Mr. ****.

I decided to purchase my fence through Soto Fence Co. due to the fact that they were registered with the Better Business bureau. The crew that did the work should have asked me to inspect work before saying it was complete. Also the clean up was not satisfactory, a lot of dirt was left behind my yard shed, which is not moveable. **** ******* kept promising to come out but continued to shine me on. I am disappointed with the company and workmanship.

We are not sure what type of solution we need to get to in order to satisfy this customer, the repair has been completed. As to the dirt left behind, this customer was told we are not responsible for grading and he said it was fine, he could spread the dirt along the fence line. Also to set the record straight, ******* **** was not shined on, it was difficult to send someone there on the only day he was available (Friday).Since the original complaint has been addressed (To come out immediately to make repairs) we are not sure why this is ongoing. Mr. ******* has expressed his apologies to Mr. ****, but it seems to not be enough. Please inform us what we need to do, in order to close this issue.

Fence Contractors