In Central California and Inland Empire Counties

BBB Accredited Business since 11/26/2013

Stephen E. Tom, DDS

12/30/2013Billing / Collection Issues | Read Complaint Details

Complaint Category: Failure to correct billing errors

Complaint: Contacted about 2 mths ago they over charged me, never heard anything back even though insurance already paid them and they over charged me again.
Paid $314 from what receptionist told me was due at time of service, I then received a statement from my dental insurance Cigna. My responsibility was $304. I contacted office and receptionist said she would let finance person know I am aware, and as soon as their paperwork comes out she will get ahold of me. This was back in October. I had to take my daughter in for a tooth on 12-11-13. Receptionist charged me 67.40. On 12-17-13 I received my statement in the mail and again I was over charged by $10. I contacted the office not only was the receptionist rude, she cut me off would not let me say a word and said the finance person was not in. ABSOLUTELY HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE

They have contacted me & reimbursed me not only what I thought they owed, me but turns out they owed me more. They called it an "estimate". I don't think they should be giving out estimates if they are not capable of giving a correct number. This only makes me question how any others they have overcharged and not reimbursed or others have not caught that they were over charged. Also they definitely do not deserve an A for a rating. More like C or D. Thank you

Dentists, Dentistry - Children