BBB Accredited Business since 11/01/1981

Rasmussen Auto Repair, Inc.

05/26/2014Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

The vehicle's carburetor and gas gauge issue was said to have been repaired and functioning, they are not.
I dropped the vehicle off October 16,2013. I paid cash $350 when I picked it up October 25. It was taken in to address the rough idle, strong fuel odor and for not reading the gasoline level. The fume issue was solved and I appreciate that. The gas gauge was replaced after the tank float and sender were ruled out upon driving the car I realized that the gauge still doesn't read indicating that either the tank float or electric sending unit do need to be replaced. The rough idle was never addressed and that has worsened. The delayed starting was said to have been solved by adjusting the choke but the delay has remained the same and there is more of a drag when driven. I do appreciate their efforts but I feel the mechanics were negligent in diagnosing the issues in the first place.

I am seeking a partial refund for the work I paid for that was intended to address the rough idle and gas gauge issues but were not solved.

*********
****** did stop by to let us know that the fuel gauge wasn't working correct. The prior visit, we did repair the fuel gauge function from an in-op condition to the current "not reading correct". My advice was for her to check her schedule and let me know when the car would be available to check again. Keep in mind that the car is a 1971 Toyota Corona and good parts, let alone new parts are hard to find. The rough idle wasn't mentioned, but we are willing to check into that. We are willing to recheck and address her concerns. Thank you for your help is this matter, ***** *********

I payed for services that weren't executed and when I asked if I'd be charged for revisiting the same issue I received a vague answer, when I asked for estimates and additional information about supplemental costs I was told "we can't tell you because we don't know yet" indicating to me that I'd continue to be charged even though I previously paid for work that didn't correct the issues. For those reasons I'd like to take my business elsewhere.

The fuel gauge was fixed and customer has since come back to us for more services.
We consider this matter addressed and resolved.

03/24/2014Problems with Product / Service

Auto Repair & Service, Auto Repair - Tune-Up, Auto Repair - Shocks, Auto Repair - Steering & Suspension, Auto Repair - Vintage, Auto Smog Inspection