German Performance

Phone: (951) 736-1907

08/21/2014Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

The manager **** at GP verbally agreed that I could bring my car back to finish their repairs once I had money to complete the repairs.
Car broke down.
Called GP and they called me back and encouraged me to bring it in. I soon find out that GP is run by new management but they kept the old systems directories. They stated that my repairs was work that will be covered under VW warranty. So they towed it to the local dealership. After a month dealing with VWoA I was told that no work was covered and that I needed a new engine because of a blown cylinder head/ valves. So it was either pay $7k + for a new engine or pay the diagnostic fees to get the car out of the dealership. When I spoke with **** at GP he said that those stated repairs were bogus and to bring the car back to the shop and he would do the repairs at a discount rate for the inconvenience.

At the same time when GP gave me a quote for repairs I was being cut down on military orders in the national guard so funding for the repairs was getting rough. When I told **** I couldnt afford the repairs he offered the suggestion that I pay what I owe so far (tear down labor/machine shop fees) and said to bring the car back once I had enough money. Now that I have set aside funds to repair the car noone at the shop is responding to my calls/ voicemails. I went as far also to contact them on Facebook, and saw that they deleted my post the very next day. If need be I can provide a timeline of each time I was in contact with GP along with times I tried calling recently to finish the work they started.

All I want is for **** to keep his end of the deal and finish the work he started. He has already taken the car apart to his standards and knows where the parts are located. I have already called other shops around and anywhere else I go I am looking to pay more because they see it as fixing someone else's work which requires more labor verifying things to cover their work.

Auto Repair & Service, Engines - Fuel Injection Service & Parts, Auto Repair - Mobile, Auto Repairing - Foreign