BBB Accredited Business since 02/11/2011

Stereo City Plus

09/02/2014Problems with Product / Service
04/10/2014Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

BROKE MY CIGARETTE LIGHTER INSTALLING A STEREO AND REFUSE TO REPAIR IT. I HAD JUST HAD A NEW ONE INSTALLED 6 MOS PRIOR. THEY REWIRED IT AND WONT FIX
I HAD A STEREO INSTALLED IN MY FIAT SPIDER. ON THE WAY HOME THE CIGARETTE LIGHTER FELL OUT OF THE HOLE. WOULDNT STAY IN AND WOULDNT WORK. 6 MOS PRIOR I HAD A NEW ONE INSTALLED SO I KNOW IT WAS OK AND WORKING AS I USE IT TO CHARGE MY PHONE. WHEN I CONFRONTED THEM WITH THE COMPLAINT, THEY DENIED IT AND REFUSED TO REPAIR IT. I HAVE ALL PAPERWORK FROM PRIOR REPAIR FACILITY WHO INSTALLED THE NEW ONE. I WANT THEM TO PAY FOR ME TO HAVE ANOTHER ONE INSTALLED.

I WANT THEM TO PAY FOR ME TO BUY ANOTHER CIGARETTE LIGHTER AND HAVE IT PROFESSIONALLY INSTALLED JUST LIKE IT WAS WHEN I TOOK IT IN TO THEM FOR THE STEREO. THEY OBVIOUSLY DONT KNOW HOW THE WIRING WORKS ON A FIAT SO I DO NOT TRUST THEM TO REPAIR IT.

Ms. ********'s husband came into our establishment yesterday (March 12th) regarding the cigarette lighter issue. I let him know that we were swamped that day & couldn't squeeze him in. He said that he didn't have the car with him & that he would be back Monday or Tuesday with the car. So as far as I knew, that's when we could fix the problem. Before coming back like they said they would, we received this complaint. If they still wanted to come in on Monday or Tuesday (March 17th-18th), we would gladly take a look at the problem.

They Broke The Cigarette Lighter And This Is A Classic Foreign Sports Car That You Just Can't Go To Any Store And Buy One To Replace It. Neither Can You Take It To Just Any Mechanic To Fix You Have To Have Knowledge Of How These Cars Are Wired . This Person Who Worked On This Car Didn't Know What He Was Doing And Then Lied About Breaking The Lighter. I Do Not Trust Them To Fix It. No Telling What Else They Will Break. These Cars Are Expensive To Work On And I Shouldn't Have To Pay To Have It Fixed Since I Just Did 6 Months Ago. They Should Have To Pay To Repair It Correctly.

I would like to add that we would like to see the problem regarding Ms. ********'s car. When installing a stereo system to a car, we usually go through the ignition switch to connect to accessories. The only vehicles we use cigarette lighters for stereo power are on Dodges. Ms. ********'s problem can simply be a fuse problem. If she would allow us to take a look to see if it is a simple fuse problem (which is easily popped out and put in), we can then see the effect on her cigarette lighter. We do not have her car information (other than the fact that it is a Fiat vehicle). If it isn't a simple fuse problem, and the cigarette lighter is indeed "broken", we will take action from there. We would like to alleviate any problem regarding this issue, but we need to take a look at WHAT is actually broken about it.

**** **

I will gladly let them "see" that my 6 month old cigarette lighter does not work...does not fit in the dash and now I no longer have headlights or interior dash lights. All wiring on Fiat Spiders goes through the ignition switch so I'm sure something was wired incorrectly or came apart during the install.

Auto Radios & Stereos - Sales & Repair, Electronic Equipment & Suppliers - Service & Repair