In Central California and Inland Empire Counties

4 complaints closed with BBB in last 3 years | 3 closed in last 12 months

06/03/2013Problems with Product / Service
04/18/2014Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Complaint Category: None of the Above - Repair Complaint Issue

Complaint: I was sold a car that had issues during the thirty day warranty that were not fixed, also it took 28 day's for the alarm to be placed on my car.
On February 9, 2014 I purchased a car from Express Auto Center. Was introduced to Mike and told I could take the car home with a post dated check. Aproximately 2day's later the yellow air bag came on, brought this to the other sales man he told us that is normal and it would go away,which was never fixed,the same day of purchace we purchaced gas and until this day and at every gas station the gas pump contunuially stops all while putting in gas which hurts our hands, never fixed. Soon after the check engine light came on and came back on the 31's day after the 30 day period came on the the car run's poorly and also has check charging system light on. It sometimes freezes when I back up. We have been lied to and given a run around we we sent to an auto place on 15th street which stated the gas cap was the only reason the check engine light was coming on and they replaced it the light stayed off for aprox a week and came right back on.Gave cash $116.00 on Feb 10, and was told if I have any problems with the car just bring it back which was not honored we also had to make numerious waste of time trips all over town and to the dealership my children are in my car I paid cash and in full for a safe and reliable used car in which I did not recieve.Ford explored XLT Sport Utility 4D.

10/01/2013Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Complaint: Seat belt is broken, head lights shakes, and transmission acts a little weird when sometimes shifting.
On the day I bought the vehicle, I was told that the middle seat belt on the middle row seats does not work and would be replaced within a week of purchase, after having the car for about a week I noticed the rear ac was not working and the breaks were making a loud noise, the dealer told me to take it to there repair shop were I let the no of the issues and I was told that they would do a check on the whole car again to be safe. Then this process ended up taking 2 weeks because they had to order another center console with rear ac controls on it, the repair shop told us that when the piece came in we would be notified and told to bring our vehicle to be fixed, after 2 weeks I called the shop to see if they had received my part yet and they said they had it for almost a week but forgot to call us about it, once I took the car in they said it will be done the same day and they would call when its finished, later that day while I was at work I called to check on when the car would possibly be finished because its our only car and my pregnant wife and I have 2 kids that had appointments to get to. They said a little bit longer. When 5pm came I was still a little suspicious because no one called and It was almost time for the shop to close so I called back and they said the car was finished around 3pm but no one ever called to let us know, because I was at work I was not able to pick the car up so they me to rush my wife over there to pick the car up because there closing, once my wife arrived there our car was out on the street in front of the shop, my wife received the keys from them they immediately left before my wife got in the car, then my wife trier starting the car but the key wouldn't turn the ignition and that's because they gave her a set of keys to a chevy tahoe instead of our chevy trailblazer, my pregnant wife was standing out in front of a closed shop with the wrong keys. She called me and then I called the dealership and they were able to get a hold of the shop owner and get someone back down there to get the right keys. Because my wife was the main driver about a week after the ac repair she told me the transmission was shifting a little weird and it didn't seem normal so I called see if we could get it checked and ******* said that he was going to get an appointment set up, and he would call me back but he never did, I tried calling a couple days later and he said he's gonna talk to his boss and call me back, and again I never received a call, this went on for about a 2 weeks but because im the only source of income in the house I can't wait around chasing down people. Just after I reached a month of having the car we went on a family trip to santa cruz which was the first time we took the car on the freeway a long trip at night, on our way back while on the freeway the we noticed that headlight was shaking so much that it was distracting other drivers and they would changes lanes to avoid it, the would shake so much that some times it would turn off, that following monday I had took the car to the dealership to show them the problems and come to find out that the bracket that holds the headlight was completely broken and held up by a zip tie, the zip tie was not noticeable at the time of purchase because of the position it was in and with a closer look I was able to see it. Once I talked to ******* he said he would call the shop and let them know I was coming by, after showing up at the shop they sent me down the street to the body shop because they dont handle body work, the body shop told me the bracket had to be replaced but because I was outside the month they won't fix it, I talked to the owner he agreed to fix it for me, but because my wife was still having a problem with the transmission I asked the owner if he could have it checked, he agreed. By this time I was in the state of Washington on my new job and the car was with my wife in California, ever since june 19 my wife has had problems with the transmission

Complaint Resolution: Company failed to respond to BBB to resolve or address the complaint issues.

08/20/2013Problems with Product / Service