BBB Accredited Business since 09/20/2004

Classic Buick GMC Cadillac

07/15/2013Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

They sold a car that should have went to an auction. The offered choices are to get another loan to pay them off two cars.Or be stuck with a lemon.
I purchased a 2010 Dodge Journey from Classic Cadillac in November, 2013. The car displayed minor issues in the beginning. After three months I mad a promise to trade it within a year. However, June 9, 2013 the air unit malfunctioned. I was unable to get a car lot to repair it and return it. Every lot wanted to keep it for a few days. I had to work so I brought it to the Cadillac lot on vacation. Their service people said to take it to Dodge. They stated they would be better suited to work on their cars since I purchased an extended warranty. The Dodge lot took one look at my car and said lemon. I was told the car was has a serious amount of work. Far beyond what the carfax stated. The repair work was improperly done. When I spoke with the dealer that sold me the car he said his friend was sure that everything was fine. He said the guy that traded the car in was a good friend and he believes him. After I told him what the Dodge Service Manager said he wanted to trade me out of it. Then he said apply for a loan so that it can pay off your balance and get you something else. I said I have a lemon why am I taking on extra burden, He said that it would be all he can do. He didn't even try to get me a rental. He said it would be my responsibility. He said in order to make any headway I need to file for a new loan.

All I want is either a trade in or the full repair covered by them since they sold the lemon. I also require a rental car at their expense. I live in Birmingham and I am missing work. I should have started a new job on Monday. Now they are giving me an extension until Thursday. I also require monetary compensation for time missed from work and the stress of the situation.

Contact Name and Title: *************************
Contact Phone:*************
Contact Email:*********************************
Hello Ms.********,
We value our reputation with BBB and we're committed to providing high-quality customer service to all our guests; but it appears that we didn't uphold this standard during your visit with us. Please allow me to apologize for your experience with the service dept. I understand that you've been in contact our New Car Sales Mgr., *************, and that******** was able to offer you several solutions to further assist you. I would however, like to personally speak with you to get the details of your initial visit and see how I may better serve you and regain your patronage. You may call me directly at************* or email me a convenient time that I may call you, if you prefer. My email address is *****************************
******