In Central & South Alabama

City Auto Sales of Hueytown

7 complaints closed with BBB in last 3 years | 4 closed in last 12 months

03/07/2014Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Complaint Category: Invalid or false contract

Complaint: I was a victim of auto dealer fraud. This company assured me that I was approved for a 2010 Lincoln MKZ, then 2 weeks later asked for the car back.
I recently purchased a 2010 Lincoln MKZ with 89,425k miles from City Auto Sales in Hueytown, Alabama. On Feb. 1st the car was sold to me for $15,995 with a 36 month/36,000 miles warranty. I had a $1000 payment. I signed paper work showing I was approved by ***************** with $389/ monthly payment for 60 months at 9.99% financing rate. The car drove fine. Only 1 owner. I payed $189 for insurance from******** in ********, Al to drive off the lot. I did not need a co-signer. This was an exciting time for me, I felt like I had accomplished something and my hard work had truly payed off this time. After going home, and looking over my paper work, something told me to check the car dealer website to see if I actually received the advertised price as requested. I did not. I was a victim of price inflation. The car was priced at $13,998!!!! MAJOR PRICE DIFFERENCE. So I contacted the dealer on Sunday through email, and the response was that I would receive a phone call on Monday about this issue. No Problem. On Monday, I DID NOT receive a phone call, so on Monday Feb.3rd I called****************** to see if my loan was submitted, there was no record of my application, so I knew I had time to get my price inflation REDUCED before the paperwork was processed! I returned to the dealer demanding the advertised price. The manager agreed to change the price, I drove away with all NEW paperwork. New pricing. My loan balance is $16,838.81 monthly payments $356.96 for 60 months at 9.99%. This price adjustment reduced my auto loan by $2000. Now on today Feb. 12, over a week later, the business manager**** called me demanding that I return the car ASAP because I am not approved for this car that is currently in my possession and that he will return my down payment of $1000 and basically I'm back to not having a car and form of transportation to get to work or pick up **************************** After frustration and embarrasement I did not agree to return the car. So now all I have for my case is considered to me "FAKE" paper work from this bogus dealership. This is my worse first time car dealer experience, and I have contacted *************************** Supervisor to figure out whether or not I was denied or approved because a manager stated to me that there is no record of my application. After checking my credit report on Feb. 12, I saw that**** had ran my credit to 4 creditors 5 days after I drove off the lot, all were denied. And not one of those loans were submitted to *********** *****, which is what my paper works says. The salesman ****** stated he could get a GREAT DEAL, Yeah Right. Im not falling for that trick again. Fool me once, but I always seek legal help when necessary.

This dealer does not care about their customers, the pricing is ridiculous and way above the black book value!!! Customers should be treated fairly and equally. I have cherished my credit and now it seems as if I will need to find a new dealer to pull my credit once again. This company needs to be exposed and as a graduate with a BS in Sociology I am an advocate for equality. As much as it hurts I will return their car but I do not want anyone to fall victim to this dealership. BUYERS PLEASE BE AWARE OF THIS DEALERSHIP!

We refunded Mrs.********** down payment and showed her the bailment agreement which states that if for any reason the deal is not completed and that the car will be for fitted without hesitate

*************