BBB Accredited Business since 01/09/1996

Cavalcade Auto Acceptance Co.

4 complaints closed with BBB in last 3 years | 1 closed in last 12 months

08/13/2014Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

I have been trying to contact Cavalcade for over a week, every time them tell me they will call me back, nothing. All I want to do is pay off my 8k loan and no one will call me back to advise me how to do it or exactly how much money I owed. I advised them that I need an answer by today as my new car would be ready and I was trading in my truck. No response. So now I have to put off getting my new car until I can sort this out, all thw while I am in a rental. I am beyond frustrated, I understand you make more money off me the longer my loan is, but this is illegal. All I want to do is pay off my loan. I don't know how else to get this information?

I just want someone to call me back with the exact amount we owe and how we pay it?

A rep from Cavalcade gave Mr. ****** his buyout figures on August 5th. **** **** called him again today and Mr. ****** advised he would be coming in to pay out his account. thanks you

03/06/2014Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

June/July 2013 our used ****** ******* that we purchased from Cavalcade (not even 1 year earlier) had the transmission break and required a new one. The vehicle was towed to ********* **** to be repaired. ** paid half of the repair that was valued at over $4000. At that time we called Cavalcade and let them know of the issue seeking assistance being that we had only purchased this a short time earlier. At that time and after many discussions with **** **** he advised that Cavalcade would pay half of the remainder as a courtesy and they would agree as a one time basis to finance the remainder into our car loan. We went in and signed documents for the refinance in which we have the revised copy and also the credit search that was performed on our credit bureaus. Since the payment arrangments satisfied ********* they released the ******* to us. in September 2013 I received a call from ** at ********* and he advised me that they have still not received our portion of the money. Immedialtey I called **** and **** with ********* and inquired abut the payment. After a couple of days **** called back and was unsure why I was calling and denied ever agreeing to finance. I have asked **** (in the collections department) on a few different occasions to look into this and provide me the full application that I signed. They have failed to do so and when asked "if they did not refinance than why did we come in and sign"? They still have not answered us and still to this day the bill remains unpaid with ********* and Cavalcade still will not admit that they agreed to refinance. Now brings us to present day....we have had a rough year financially and have missed payments (but made them up right away). In December 2013 we had missed the Dec 17th payment and the vehicle was towed to their lot. On Jan 10 myself and a friend went to pick up the vehicle because we had made the payment(which he was going to drive as I had my car). When we started the ******* a rush of brown liquid started to pour out of the front. We were also stuck in the lot where they had parked it so I asked our friend to go into Cavalcade to retrieve **** **** so we cold show him the issue. He came out and took a look. I thought it either had to be oil leaking or the power steering. **** felt that it was the power steering. He wanted to push out the vehicle so he could take a better look at what was underneath in the snow so we proceeded to get pushed out. After moving it was evident that the leak happened and there was a large puddle. The steering was extremely stiff and could barely move it. He asked me to park it in the empty stall ahead of me so I did. when I got out he said that he would talk to "them" on Monday about fixing it. He was hoping it was just a hose that came loose when the vehicle was hooked and towed. We took pics of all the liquid in the snow. Monday came and went with no call so I called and left a message on Tuesday. **** called me back (which I have the message) and said that I can pick it up at any time and we would have to take the car to service as it was damaged by myself as I was pulling it out and I would have to pay for it. This is not true as the vehicle was not even moved yet when he came out and saw the fluid leaking. I immediately returned his call (@ 1538 to be exact and he called me at 1535) as to which he did not pick up. I left a message "reminding" him of the situation and that took place on Jan 10 and that I expect Cavalcade to be a reputable business and fix what they have damaged. As of writing this @ 1638 I still have not received a call.

I want Cavalcade to pay ********* and stop dragging our names through "the mud". We have done nothing wrong and want this resolved.
Also I want them to fix the damage that they have caused while towing to their lot and to stop *****. On occasions after missing a payment by 1 day they have remotely shut off the vehicle leaving myself and my 2 children stranded during a rain storm away from home. When I called **** ***** proceeded to yell at me about making payments on time and how much of a bad mom I am. On other occasions regarding a missed payment **** has called us names, yelled and verbally abused both myself and my husband. Another time while I had *** insurance on the phone at the same time trying to fix an insurance policy issue. *** (the *** rep) asked me if everything was ok because she could hear him on the other phone yelling. Cavalcade (mainly **** ********* no issue verbally abusing us and shutting of our cars off(I have no way to prove if they can do this or not because they say it is in the contract and they have never given us one and fail to adhere to our requests for one)but when we need them to step up and fix what they broke or meet their side of the agreement they don't answer our phone calls or deny everything. We have no voice and no power to do anything so that is why I am coming to the BBB. Help us get this resolved please as I am emotionally tapped out and my next move is to try and sue. I am trying to do this amicably but getting no where.

In 3/12 the ***** leased a 2008 ****** SVu from us. At the time of lease closing the customers signed a document confirming there was no additional warranty from us on this unit and the lease agreement clearly states repairs are the responsibility of the lessee. Over a year after this, on May 3rd 2012 the ***** called to advised that they were having tranny problems and they expected us to pay for it.
We reminded them at this time that unfortunately they were responsible for the repairs. After further discussions we found out that ***** had a hidden warranty and that they would cover 1/2 of the cost. We were still told we should pay for the other half. We said no but agreed to r/w half of the other half of the cost into a r/w of the current lease if they took care of the last 1/4. documents and figures showing this were done up and explained, signed, and initialled by the customers and are still on file. ***** pays 1/2, we r/w 1/4 into a new lease, and customers take care of other 1/4. we did the r/w with the new figures in 6/13. A month later our accounting dept was getting calls from ********* ***** **** looking for the unpaid amount due by the *****. We confirmed with them they had received the portioin we send them that was written into the deal but the last part was the ***** responsibility as was agreed at time of the r/w. At no time did we drag the ****'s name "through the mud" as has been stated. **** later called Mr **** and explained the deal again to them to confirm the amount they still owed. In Dec 2013 we were forced to tow the unit back here for safe keeping on our lot because they had allowed their insurance on the ****** to expire. Because we are the lessor, any damage or accidents etc that occur on a leased vehicle if there is no insurance on it we are liable so our own insurance co. requires us to get the vehicle back asap. It is also part of the lease agreement that valid insurance is on the lease at all times. As a result the unit was towed back here and parked in our lot. The unit was never driven by us. Once the payment and insurance were back in place the ***** came and picked up the unit. We did not drive the unit and thus no way that we would have been responsible for any power steering/fluid issues. If we did something to cause the steering fluid to leak we would make good on it but there is at no point any staff or person at woodridge that even drove this unit. It was parked by the tow company and never moved after that.

(The consumer indicated he/she did not accept the response from the business.)
The agreement from **** and Cavalcade was that 1/4 out of courtesy due the transmission failing so early in the contract and out of good "faith" was to be paid by Cavalcade and we would owe 1/4. We had discussed that we did not have the cash on hand and asked if there was something that Cavalcade could do in rewriting the loan so we could place OUR portion back in. It was agreed and we came in and signed the documents. At NO TIME did we DEMAND Cavalcade to pay....we merely called and stated our problem and asked that Cavalcade help on all levels being that the vehicle was so new into the contract. In regards to the power steering....it was driving fine up until it was towed and we came to reclaim the vehicle. At that time we started it (and hadn't moved it yet)power steering fluid poured out of the vehicle. We went in and asked **** to come out and take a look (BEFORE WE MOVED IT) to confirm that this was happening and he could witness it. At that time he confirmed that it was power steering fluid and advised that we should go ahead and push it out to get it out of the snowbank (that was merely 4-5 cm high) and see the real issue. I cannot confirm at this time (as we still need to take the vehicle into a repair shop to have it assessed) how the vehicle was damaged but the fact of the matter is that it was operating perfectly up until it was towed and in the possession of Cavalcade. Whether it was damaged during the tow or stay on their lot...it was still in their possession.
Nothing again was stated from them in regards to the repeated requests that we have made to have ALL documents in our file to be sent to us for our records and review. This includes all notes placed on the file and the actual contract.
I do not hold any trust or confidence in the Cavalcade group due to their **** and treatment of us in the past 18 months. Although their bullying and verbal abuse is not illegal it is unethical and unprofessional. I know we are telling the truth and expect them to be held up to the same standard that they expect of their clients and fix what is right.

At the time the ***** requested a r/w on their account the buyout was as follows:32 pymts x 494.64 plus end of term buyout of $3999+gst for a total of $20027.43. We had our funders agree to waive all future profit and fees on this r/w and we started at the inventory cost amount of $13297.95. That is over $6700 we forfeited on this exemption. This internal worksheet has been mailed to the customers. Also, the copy of the bill from ********* clearly shows at the bottom; 50% goodwill from dealer, ********* **** for $1033.45 and customer portion $1033.45. Also mailed to the customer. **** was specific when he closed the deal and again a few months later when he spoke with ****** on the phone. We are not a bank. We do not have a savings account that we draw out money to pay for the rest of the ****'s repairs. We got a one time approval to r/w a 1/4 of it. We are not simply paying the other 1/4 now that the ***** feel they don't have to that it is our responsibility to write it into the deal when we never had approval to r/w that much then, nor do we have the approval to do so now. Unfortunately the customers misunderstood the deal but we never once said we were funding 50% of the costs and the figures on the deal confirm this as well. Customers have copies of all these documents already but we will resend to them.

12/02/14
Regarding the issue of the transmission..... They are lying about the conversation had. They agreed to pay 1/4, we agreed to pay 1/4 which was to be refinanced into the loan and GM was paying 2/4. As for us giving them "grief" than maybe that is true because I expect for them to flow through on what was discussed a they say..... On numerous occasions. I have a copy of the draft invoice that they sent to ********* and at the bottom it says " ********* on time courtesy payment" or something like that. It is packed away so I would have to find it.

As for the power steering..... Not once did I say the vehicle was driven while in their care. It was damaged once hooked and towed. It was their tow truck/ or someone they hired to tow it that damaged it. Ofcourse I expect it to be fixed when it was not damaged by me. It was driving just fine prior to the tow and when it was started on the lot when I came to pick it up..... That is when ALL of the fluid seeped out on the snow right underneath the vehicle.

For the third email in a row I have asked for a full copy of our lending file to be sent to is and still nothing has be mailed or mentioned. Please forward the full file copies including all notes to our home address. We have a right to our file and I am wondering why you refuse to send it.

*****

01/30/2014Billing / Collection Issues | Read Complaint Details

We traded in our van we bought from calvacade 2 weeks ago. Our bank bought out the loan in full. We no longer have our calvacade vehicle however they still took out my car payment for this month making my bank go over drawn.

I want them to refund the NSF FEE from my bank.

we simply needed proof that the payment that was taken out on the 21st of January had cleared the bank so that we didn't cut a cheque for the refund and the payment comes back later. I spoke with **** today (*******) and explained the situation to him. He came by later today with a letter from his bank confirming the payment cleared as well as a receipt for the $15 cost that we are gladly refunding him. His chq(s) will be ready tomorrow for him. We are sorry for any delays in getting this matter resolved for Mr *****. thank you ***** ************

10/08/2013Problems with Product / Service