BBB Accredited Business since 25/02/2014

Move It Now Moving Solutions

10/02/2014Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

on June 9th,2014 We hired *****, owner of Move it now to move our furniture from ******* to bc and paid him 50 % down payment as agreed . On June 12th he showed up with our furniture in bc but immediately upon arrival demanded the balance of the money plus additional $ 180.00 in cash that he said he incurred on the way . we paid him rightaway because we feared for our lives when he threatened us. When he offloaded the furniture we noticed my Sony 42" 2 year pol Tv plus my 3 teir tool box missing . ***** acknowledeged it and said he will check back in Calgary to see if he had left it there. We are having no luck in recovering our 2 items worth $ 2000.00 plus. Please help us and save others from hiring this company . He is a member of BBB in good standing, how is that possible
Thank_you

$ 1500.00 for 42" in sony TV - 2 years old
$ 500.00 for my expensive 3 tier tool box

I am Responding to a False claim put forth by ***** ******* of *** ******* ave W. **** ** dated for june 17,2014.
***** filed a complaint with your office before meeting with me june 16th,he did not show up at the meeting with a constable ****** from the ******* ****** ******* at 8 pm at my place of residence june 16 as planned, i rearranged my evening to accomodate this meeting and he and the officer didnt even show up to get information and resolve the alleged missing tv and tool box.
When asked why he didnt show up,i texted him the next day,he didnt give an explanaton why he didnt show up at the mtg the night before.

His claim of when we showed up at his new residence in w rock to deliver his furniture, that we ******* him and threatened him are false,he also claimed that we threatened him and his wife,not true also, he claims i demanded $180 cash from him ,for what?
I did ask him on the advice of my co workers for full payment before we unloaded the truck,and he refused three times, finally after a calm discussion with him and his wife he did offer me a cheque for the amount of $1968.00 as clearly states on the bill, " Balance due upon reciept of household goods"

After unloading the furniture and assembling beds and exescize equipment he claims that a TV and toolbox were missing.
I told him when I got back to calgary I would check my whse to see if anything was left there,when i returned to Calgary, i checked the whse and no such items were left behind.
The best I could offer him for his loss is 30 cents on the pound for alleged lost or missing items, this is according to insurance companies that insure Moving companies, Mr ******* did not state he wanted his goods to insured, nor did I imply I carried Moving insurance for his Move.

I have offered on numerous times to reconcile the alleged loss of toolbox and TV but he has not responded to me.he only claims the tv was worth $2000.00,it is a 3 year old tv with depreciation it is only worth approx $200.00, far less then the alleged amount of $2000.00no value was given or proof of tools and contents of tool box.
He has given me a model number for the tv ********** the closest i can come to the model number is ***********
I am very hurt that he would attempt to ruin my good name and reputation by making false accusations.
I would very much like to resolve this alleged allegation of missing items but Mr ******* is being tottaly unfair with his accusations.

Sincerly
***** ******

(The consumer indicated he/she did not accept the response from the business.)
When ***** arrived at our new house he told us that on advice of his co-workers he would only offload our goods if we gave him a certified cheque. This took us by surprise because this was a new demand and it was late in the afternoon, we were new to the area and didn't know where the banks were or if they would be open. We were really upset and stressed with this unexpected demand and finally convinced him that we would split some additional costs he claimed he had incurred if he went back to our original agreement and accepted our cheque.
We have a document signed by ***** with regards to our missing TV and toolbox. We told him we would not put in a claim for damaged furniture or any other missing items if he compensated us for the loss of the two items. He told us that they still might be in storage because his employees had transferred our furniture from one truck to another. Once in Calgary he claimed that his employee, who ***** described as a '***** ****' had stolen the items. We told him we could work with the police to file charges with his employee but ***** did not have the employees address and felt that the employee had probably sold the items for '*****'.
We repeatedly asked him to process our claim and when he didn't we contacted BBB. We have not received any offer of compensation from him. His last comment to us was that he would 'think about it'.

Movers, Junk Removal