BBB Accredited Business since 15/05/2012

Jubilee Landscape Inc.

10/06/2014Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Jubilee Landscape was responsible to perform a concrete project on my property. The job was done extremely poorly. Jubilee have attempted to repair the problem, but have not completed the repair of the concrete. I have made numerous attempts to contact Jubilee and am constantly told the problem will be remedied ... but when? The problem is severely cracked concrete on the patio area and 3 steps that were repaired and the job not completed.

Complete repair of ALL concrete problems or $15,000.

Re: *** and ******* ******'s complaint against Jubilee Landscape Inc.

Jubilee Landscape Design and Construction performed a concrete job at the address of Mr. and Mrs. ****** in the fall of 2012. In the spring of 2013, the complainant mentioned cracks in their concrete. Our company inspected the concrete and found hair-line cracks. Jubilee Landscape Design and Construction informed the home-owner, that cracks in concrete are very normal. The home-owner was not satisfied with our decision. After email threats to slander our company, we replaced a couple of steps with 1/8" cracks out of good faith (acceptable cracks are 1/4" or less). The home-owner was still not satisfied with the concrete pad and continued with the threats through phone calls, emails and text messages. According to Alberta New Home Warranty, section 2.15 it states that; Cracks in excess of 1/4"(6mm), excluding chips, in vertical or horizontal displacement are considered excessive. The actions required as per legislations, is that ' Cracks not meeting the acceptable performance condition shall be repaired. The remarks in section 2.15 also state that repaired areas may be a different colour, which is acceptable. After the stairs were repaired, we allow 28 days for concrete curing to seal the concrete, the "job not completed" is allowing time for curing. Since the legal and BBB threats have come to our attention, no further work will be performed at the complainants address until a solution can be made.

(The consumer indicated he/she did not accept the response from the business.)
Mr. ******* has promised to repair the cracks in the concrete. He fixed the worst of them (the stairs) which were caused because HE didn't bury the downspout far enough into the ground. Even he admitted that and he also admitted that he used the wrong product to run the downspout under the concrete. I have several emails where Mr. ******* also admits that this concrete job is poorly done. I also have several emails where Mr. ******* promises to come by with **** from ******* to fix the problems. These men told me right to my face that they would do all these wonderful things to make it look better and that has not happened. Currently the concrete repairs are the worst of the trouble because they were not completed and I have sent Mr. ******* photos of the incomplete job. Mr. ******* is exaggerating when he says that I have threatened them with phone calls and texts. I have emailed several times trying to get this problem remedied. I have NEVER ever made threatening phone calls or sent threatening texts. Please prove those accusations Mr. *******. The repair was done almost a year ago so it's long past the 28 days "curing" time. I'm tired of hearing promises from Mr. *******; lets just get the job fixed and move on.

To date, Jubilee have NOT completed the repair as they said they would. I have emailed them personally and asked them to please complete the repair by August 31. If not complete by then, then I **** proceed with civil action. As I stated, this BBB process has done nothing to remedy anything. When I started the process, I was begging Jubilee to complete their work ... and here I am 3 months later begging Jubilee to please complete their work.

*** and I spoke last week. We came to an agreement. And we have done what we said we were going to do.

Landscapers, Landscape Architect/Design Companies, Lawn Installers, Lawn & Tree Care, Irrigation System Equipment Suppliers, Irrigation Consultants, Underground Sprinkler Part Suppliers, Garden Pond Dealers, Sprinkler System Dealers, Water Garden Fountain Suppliers, Sprinkler Companies, Automatic Sprinkler Suppliers, Lawn Care Companies, Landscape Designers, Landscape Contractors - Commercial, Landscape Maintenance Companies