We ordered a sectional sofa and an accent chair from XLNC furniture in September 2014. We have had many problems since then.
1. The company did not contact us as the delivery date approached. We eventually phoned them and they let us know that it would not be arriving on time.
2. When the furniture did arrive, the two pieces of the sectional were not correct - rather than making an L shape, they made a straight line when connected. The delivery men left the wrong pieces in our home and garbage and packing materials all over our front lawn.
3. In addition, we had ordered a green chair and were delivered a blue one. We have asked about this and were told no "this is what you ordered".
4. The wrong pieces stayed in our house for 6 weeks.
5. When the new piece was delivered the delivery men knocked our wreath on the ground and kicked another item off our front step. They wrecked one wall of our newly-purchased and newly-painted home and damaged another. They also set up the sofa incorrectly. The first time we sat on it the two pieces separated. In fact, it is not possible to line up the two pieces so that they were flush with each other.
6. We emailed the company immediately. They did not respond so we eventually called them and were advised that the manager was away. The sales person arranged that a technician would come after Christmas to look at it.
7. However, every time we sit on the couch, it cracks and the frame bows significantly. Upon further inspection it became clear that the delivery men failed to install a leg in the centre of the couch. We had asked them if there should be another leg when they delivered the couch but they said "no - just like this". As a result, there is damage being done to the frame of the couch every time we use it.
8. The company has been less than helpful and generally refuses to acknowledge the poor service and product quality that they have delivered. We have asked for compensation for our time, the inconvenience and the damage and they have not responded to any of those requests.
As we are not confident in the quality of product and service from XLNC, we would like to have the furniture removed and our money refunded. We would like additional compensation for the damage done to our home.
In response to BBB case # : *******, Please see below our response to the 8 items listed by the customer. Our response is in numbered consecutively in the order of the customers.
1. XLNC Furniture contacts customers when furniture arrives. It arrived in the usual time of 4-8 weeks for custom orders(customer ordered Aug 30th and it was delivered Oct 11th to the customer).
2. The manufacture did send one wrong piece. When we were notified by the customer, we reordered it immediately and it was agreed mutually that the pieces would remain there for use until the replacement was received.
On our invoices (that the customer signs on date of purchase), it is clearly stated that the customer is responsible for garbage removal.
3. The fabric cover for the purchase chair was chosen by the customer from the picture shown on the manufacturers website. The chair arrived with the described material as ordered.
4. As stated in number 2 and 3 above, we reordered the correct piece and asked the manufacture to rush the production. We received it at our store within 3 weeks, contacted customer immediately and the customer chose to have the delivery 3 weeks after our initial contact. They were too busy to receive it earlier so we had it in storage for an additional three weeks.
5. Firstly, any damage a delivery company creates is the responsibility of the delivery company. They are not hired by us, only arranged by us as an additional service to the customer. They deliver furniture to the inside of the house only and are not required to do setup or assembly nor remove packaging. The customer also signs a delivery slip. Any damage should be recorded on the copy they signed. Nothing was mentioned. However We advised the delivery people of the customer complaints of damage to the interior of the house and asked that they contact the customer re their concerns. As it appears on this complaint form they have not done this. We will contact them again to resolve this issue.
Secondly, As relates to the brackets not aligning, we contacted the customer and it was agreed upon that the technician would be sent out after January 2nd to inspect. We were advise by the customer that they would not be home during the Christmas holidays.
6. As above, arrangements were made.
7. Via this complaint form, this is the first we hear of the center leg missing. Again it is not the responsibility of the delivery people to install. Upon receiving this complaint form, we have asked the manufacture to courier the center leg to us and as an additional service, we will have it installed upon inspection of the brackets. In the mean time we suggest that the customer ceases to use that side of the sectional until this leg is installed to prevent permanent damage to this piece.
8. As with all customers, XLNC Furniture strives to do everything possible to provide the best service. Errors due occur with customer orders from time to time which can cause delays. This is why it is written on our invoice NOT A PROMISED DATE. Arrangements for delivery were made immediately upon receipt of furniture. Unfortunately one piece was wrong. When informed by the customer, we immediately contacted the manufacture for replacement and they rushed production. It was delivered to our door within 3 weeks. The customer choose for us to hold the new piece for an additional three weeks before requesting delivery. When we were contacted about brackets not aligning, we arranged for an inspection at the customers residence as per their timeline. We were not aware of the center leg issue until now via this complaint form, but we will provide and install during the inspection. During the inspection of the brackets, any required parts and service will be completed at no charge as it will be covered under the manufactures warranty.
As relates to compensation for damages, we have again contacted the delivery company to resolve this issue with the customer.