Brazos Valley and Deep East Texas

BBB Accredited Business since 02/16/2010

WIESNER, INC. - HUNTSVILLE

3 complaints closed with BBB in last 3 years | 0 closed in last 12 months

03/15/2013Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Inferior repair of heat shield on 2005 chrysler pacifica.
On September 7, 2012 I left Madisonville Texas going to Huntsville, Texas. I smelled something burning so I took my car to wiesner inc.-Huntsville. They informed me that my heat sheild was burning. They stated that the shield was saturated in oil from the valve cover gasket leak.I approved all repairs as stated on their invoice. I had to arrange for a rental car at my expense. They instructed me to return the rental and they would take care of the rental fee and they would accomadate me with a loaner car. I didn't received delivery of my vehicle until 9/28/2012 which I had out of pocket fees for repair $440.60 and rental car fee of $320. That being said on 1/20/2013 I was traveling to Huntsville, Tx for church I encountered the exact same problem heat shield burning. I had my vehicle towed back to Madisonville.I called wiesner and they arranged for towed back to thier location.***** informed me that they will take care of the warranty repair on the heat shield. On 1/23 or 1/24 informed me my radiator was leaking and need to be replaced to the sum of $650 prior to him saying this I never had a radiator leak. I had a friend to go over to check on my vehicle and he told him that they have already done the work, but when ***** asked to see the work. ***** called the shop and told the service man to stop,but never let ***** see the work they have done. After I left my radiator was leaking which I stated before it was not leaking prior to and I feel like it was retaliation for having to do the warranty work.

VERY DISATIFIED CUSTOMER WITH ***** AND WIESNER-HUNTSVILLE,INC. WILL STRONGLY DISCOURAGE ANYONE FOR USING THEIR SERVICES.

Business Response: In response to the complaint: while our tech was working on the heatshield he noticed coolant coming from the front engine area. Tech then pressurized coolant system and determined the coolant leak was coming from the radiator. Customer was called and informed that the radiator was leaking. Customer was given a cost of repair and authorized said repair.Customer was informed that unit should be done the following business day. After repair was authorized by the customer someone showed up at our place of business asking about repair. He asked if the repair had been completed yet. To the best of our knowledge the owner and not informed us that someone had been authorized by her to act as her agent on her behalf. In good faith we did check to see if the repair had been done. We informed the individual that the part was here and our tech was preparing to begin the replacement process of the radiator. We were instructed by this individual to stop the repairs. He informed us that he had found a cheaper price. We did as we were asked and stopped any further repairs to the radiator or coolant system of this vehicle.

10/22/2012Advertising / Sales Issues | Read Complaint Details

Dealer lied about rebate and added it to the price and then took it off claiming it had no effect and I was still paying the agreed price.
On 08/22/12 I went to Wiesner Chevrolet in Huntsville Texas and made a deal with the salesman ***** for the purchase of a volt. He told me $ 37943.08. And that I would get .9 % finance. He wrote it down on a piece of paper and gave it to me. I told him i would purchase it at that price.
I returned later that evening and went in and was directed to the finance Guy. He told me that he was unable to get me the .9% finance but if I purchased Gap Insurance and extended warranty he would call them and would probably be able to get me the .9 % rate. I declined his offer and told him I would leave.
He then stated he would go ahead and get me the .9% finance. He showed me the numbers on the contract and I told him the price on the sale of the Volt was $38443.08 and the agreed price was $37994.08. He told me there was a dealer assigned rebate of $500 that was added in and then taken off which makes the price you pay $37.994.08.
I calculated the numbers in my head as best I could and it appeared to be that I was paying $37994.00. So I signed the contract and the other papers. One of the papers was a single sheet and he pointed to the top with his pen and said this is just summary of the sale. It just has the model, Year and VIN number and he X out the blanks. And I signed it thinking that was all it was.
After I got home and looked closer at the contract I discover that he had added in $598.00 and listed it as aftermarket. There was never anything said about aftermarket. I did not look close enough at the paperwork and new I had just got taken $ 598.00.
After driving the Volt for over 31 days I decided I wanted to return it because it was not as efficient and economical is I had thought. I called Chevy Love it or Return It program on 9-24-12 and was told by them I was not eligible because I took a $500 rebate.
On 9-25-12 I returned to Wiesner and talked to the salesman *****. I showed him the handwritten paper that he gave me that showed the price we agreed was $37943.08 and he stated yes that was the price. I asked him about the rebate and he did not know what I was taking about.
I spoke the manager ***** and he told me that I was not eligible for the Love it or leave it because I took the $500.00 rebate. I told him I did not take a rebate. I told him what the finance guy did. He stated that was correct. The $ 500 was added on and then taken off so I got the rebate so you cannot return the car.
I told him I intend to pursue this matter and was not just going to let it go away. He told me he had a document signed by me where I had opted out of the program. I told him that I did not and there was nothing like that in the paperwork given to me. He said I will get you a copy.
He returned with a three page copy. The first two pages I had never seen before. The third page was the page titled Summary of sale that I had signed. He said is that your signature. I said yes. He said then you opted out of the program. The second page had a list of check boxes and two were checked. They were not checked by me nor initial by me or any one. Those boxes checked was opting out of the love or leave it program.
I did not receive a rebate. I followed all of the terms and conditions to the letter. I have read the terms and conditions over and over. At no time during the sales process was there ever a mentioned of a rebate. The finance guy is the only person and he stated it was a dealer assigned rebate. I never asked for a rebate, nor did I receive one. I should be allowed to return the car.

To take the car back and give me a full refund.

Business Response: The consumer signed 4 different documents stating he was receiving a manufacturers $500.00 rebate. This rebate is payable to the dealership not the consumer.

These documents are as follows:

Purchase order
Arbitration Contract
Love It or Leave It Agreement (3 pages long)
Retail Sales Inatallment Contract