The Constitution, the Declaration of Independence and the Bill of Rights – the foundation of our many freedoms and the principal of which our military defends our country today. As Independence Day approaches, BBB reminds you, our consumers, YOU have rights to be free from scam artists and the tyranny of potential tyrants of trouble.
You have the right to:
- Not give your personal information to anyone.
- Not buckle to the pressures of a door to door salesperson.
- Not answer the phone if you don’t recognize the number.
- Firmly refuse the sly offerings of a telemarketer.
- Shred useless junk mail to protect against identity theft.
- Ask and check the credibility of a source.
- Be treated fairly by an Accredited Business who believes in an ethical marketplace.
Celebrate your freedom but exercise your right as a consumer. Your BBB is ready to help. Start with someone you trust. Visit bbb.org.