With the NBA season in its final stretch, be sure the tickets you buy for the NBA Finals are legitimate. Buying on the secondary market can be useful for non-season ticket holders, occasional fans, or those making a last-minute decision to head to the arena. But how do you make sure you purchase authentic tickets?
BBB and the National Association of Ticket Brokers (NATB) offer the following tips for safe ticket purchasing:
- Check out the seller/broker. Make sure to check out their BBB Business Review at bbb.org and check to see if they are a member of the NATB. NATB’s members offer a 200% guarantee on tickets that don’t arrive in time for a game, concert or show.
- Know the difference between a ticket broker (legitimate and accredited reseller) and a ticket scalper (unregulated and unlicensed ticket seller).
- Check the ticket broker’s refund policy. Only buy from a ticket reseller that provides clear details about the terms of the transaction.
- Always use a credit card so you have some recourse; do not use cash.
- Always ask for section, row and seat number to avoid obstructed view seats or seats that do not exist.
Also, feel free to ask questions to make certain you get all the answers you need to feel comfortable with your ticket purchase, and of course, enjoy the games!