Baseball season is in full swing! A fun way to spend a summer afternoon or evening can be cheering on your favorite baseball team to victory. If you want to go to a game and are not a season ticket holder, purchasing from a secondary market can be useful. Be sure that your tickets are the real deal and that you are purchasing from a reputable broker though!
Follow BBB’s tips for safe ticket purchasing:
- Check out a ticket seller/broker at www.bbb.org . Do your research and see if the company is a member of the National Association of Ticket Brokers (NATB). Members of this group offer a 200% guarantee on tickets that don’t arrive on time for a game, concert or show.
- Understand the difference between a ticket broker (legitimate and accredited reseller) and a ticket scalper (unregulated and unlicensed ticket seller).
- Verify the ticket broker’s refund policy and get it in writing. Only buy from a ticket reseller that provides clear details about the terms of the transaction.
- Always pay with a credit card so that you have some recourse if the purchase goes awry. Never use cash or wire transfer money to a stranger.
- Avoid obstructed view seats or seats that don’t exist by asking for the section, row and seat number for any tickets purchased.
- Ask questions and get all of the answers you need to feel comfortable with your purchase.
If you believe you have purchased a counterfeit ticket, report it to the NATB’s hotline at 1-630-510-4594. Visit www.bbb.org for more helpful tips you can trust.