Where’s my W-2?

Around this time of year BBB starts to receive calls from folks who haven’t received their W-2 forms from their employer.  The IRS is best equipped to handle these questions and assist those in need of important tax documents.  Here are a couple of tips from the IRS:

Before you file your 2012 tax return, you should make sure you have all the needed documents including all your Forms W-2.  You should receive a Form W-2, Wage and Tax Statement, from each of your employers. Employers have until January 31, 2013 to send you a 2012 Form W-2 earnings statement.

If you have not received your W-2, contact your employer to inquire if and when the W-2 was mailed.  If it was mailed, it may have been returned to the employer because of an incorrect or incomplete address.  After contacting the employer, allow a reasonable amount of time for them to resend or to issue the W-2.

If you are looking for a tax return preparer you can trust, start you search at your BBB.taxes 150x150 Where’s my W 2?

 If you haven’t received your W2, contact the IRS at 1-800-829-1040.

Related Posts:


About Trisha Sefakis

I started at BBB|Cincinnati in 2004 as the Database Coordinator, I am now the Manager of Digital Media.