• The average American will spend $126.03 on their Valentine, which is up 8.5% from last year. The most money will be spent on jewelry, totaling almost $4.1 billion.
• 15% of women will send themselves flowers.
• 220,000 people will propose to their loved one (10% of the annual total).
• The increase in requests for divorce lawyers rises 40% this time of the year.
• Parents will purchase a staggering 72 million Valentine’s cards.
• Finally, consumers will spend $367 million on their pets for Valentine’s Day.
For more Valentine’s Day figures, visit http://newsfeed.time.com/2012/02/13/valentines-day-2012-by-the-numbers/