Here are a few out-of-the box suggestions:
- Offer help to friends or family who have not yet registered to vote, going so far as helping them attain a photo ID if needed.
- Gift cards to the local grocer are always appreciated – whether under the tree or in the stocking.
- If you’re giving a smart tablet or smartphone, include instructions on how to install the BBB Mobile App (http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/bbb-search-find-local-businesses/id440014505?mt=8) so the receiver will be just a click away from finding trustworthy businesses.
- Coupons for home-cooked meals – hosted or delivered by you; or make a meal for a family in need (this becomes a feel-good gift for you, too).
- Make it easy for friends, family, even colleagues, to join in a volunteer activity by providing transportation or needed supplies.
What non-traditional gift ideas have you come up with for this holiday season?